Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
KungFuBunny

S09.E18: Pardon Our French

Recommended Posts


6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Is Erika actually out with a hole in her sweater? Is that a new style for tops (I’m used to the ripped jeans look). 

1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

Apparently.  I feel like someone on another edition of HW also wore a ripped up sweater recently.  Maybe Dorinda (NY)?  All those favorite sweaters through the years that got pitched when they got holes.  I should have saved them.

I have wooden hangers with the metal clips at the bottom bar. The sweater looks like it got caught on those clips when Erika took the outfit off the hanger

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have a bottle of French red wine open...anyone is welcome to join. I have another bottle. 

Do you live in So. California? If so, I can leave now for your place!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Correct

Whee!!!!  I feel like I should get a prize.

Erika is so hungover exhausted at this dinner, she can’t even bitch at Teddi with any sense of feeling.

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I have wooden hangers with the metal clips at the bottom bar. The sweater looks like it got caught on those clips when Erika took the outfit off the hanger

The sweater has holes on both arms I think they're meant to be there

I guess Erika didn't bring her glam squad.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, endure said:

The sweater has holes on both arms I think they're meant to be there

It looks more like the metal clips were used to hold up the sweater while it was being steamed - then someone yanked it off without opening the clips

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

God I would hate being trapped with these women so far from home.  They are at a beautiful place and they can't stop sniping at each other for a couple of days.  I know it's their jobs but enough already.

  • Like 19
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I’m don’t really like Rinna that much but do find her very entertaining. I also respect her hustle.

Erika May wish to abandon this vapid group and pal around with LVP instead.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, 918lux said:

WTF is with these women and their damn well-done beef??

It probably uses up more calories, they also probably smother it in THE hottest sauce they can find. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Erica looks so pretty with minimal make up. However....what the hell is she wearing in her talking heads? I can't stop laughing! 

And Kyle disgusts me.

In those talking head segments, Erika looks like some old fashioned comic book character - like maybe a villianess/femme fatale from Dick Tracy or something!

But, I do think she looks really pretty in the ones with the Marilyn Monroe/Jayne Mansfield hair style.  Of course, that one has some major filter/film over the lens!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 14
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I have a bottle of French red wine open...anyone is welcome to join. I have another bottle. 

Poor me a glass and teleport it to Chicago! 

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

East coast

I'm on my way!

6 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Hmmm.  Kyle is manipulating Teddi?

So Teddi likes being a henchman?  Are we going to see texts from Kyle manipulating her into it?

jaime pressly oh snap GIF
 

Only partial conversations

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

11 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

East coast

Oh. I suppose those 2 bottles of French red wine would be gone before I arrived😧   Enjoy!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I wonder how comfortable Teddi feels right now. Opening up, sharing her feelings, getting shut down.....

confused bugs bunny GIF by Looney Tunes
 

Butch just doesn't fit in does she?

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

In those talking head segments, Erika looks like some old fashioned comic book character - like maybe a villianess/femme fatale from Dick Tracy or something!

Yeah. I immediately had flashbacks of my child hood when my dad would take me to the Ringling Bros. Circus...the clowns. I hated the circus. Loved the Ice Capades!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, Jel said:

Also, ... en France, ne couper pas votre salad!

(I just remember that from a dictee and have been waiting more than 30 years to work it into a conversation.)

Kyle, so sad because her friend's house burned down, until she saw the entrance to her vacation rental! Kyle!

LOL!

And why didn't they play the Sur le Pont D'Avignon song and make them dance on the bridge. Obviously, none of these women had Mrs Madame Barford for French class.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 16

Share this post


Link to post

I don't understand what was so difficult to understand about what Kyle and Teddi were saying and I don't think Teddi was being Kyle's "henchman." It's not that hard to see why Rinna's using the Erika Jayne persona was confusing AND it's also not so out-of-bounds for them to think Erika might have been insulted by it. 

I don't think that Kyle and Teddi were trying to "bait" Erika - I think that they were genuinely confused about Erika's indifference because, as they both said, if Rinna had used their personae to go after Kim, they would have been annoyed by it. I get that both Rinna and Erika think that Erika Jayne is a performance persona but still, if you aren't an actress or performer, I think that is difficult to understand.

But Erika really wanted to make it all about her when I thought that Kyle made it clear that she was annoyed that Rinna went after Kim - perfectly understandable since Kim is Kyle's sister and it was at Kyle's daughter's party. Rinna's inability to understand that Kyle actually may have more loyalty to her sister, as screwed as she is, and that she should probably apologize to Kyle is annoying. And as for Teddi, I think she honestly was just confused and trying to clarify. 

  • Like 16
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't think that Kyle and Teddi were trying to "bait" Erika - I think that they were genuinely confused about Erika's indifference because, as they both said, if Rinna had used their personae to go after Kim, they would have been annoyed by it. I get that both Rinna and Erika think that Erika Jayne is a performance persona but still, if you aren't an actress or performer, I think that is difficult to understand.

...wasn't Kyle an actress when she was younger? Wasn't that what the whole "eating disorder"/please pay attention to me moment was about fifteen minutes before that? Okay, I guess you could give a pass to Teddi for that (not me, though. Nope. Teddi gets no passes unless it's a one way pass to the exit door) but Kyle should understand "acting" and "interpretation". 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 15
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Good Lord, these women are exhausting!  I really enjoyed looking at France and the chateau.  Actually, I muted the sound!  I think we all knew they would go after each other after there was no longer any LVP to kick around and guess what? It's happening.  Boring as hell!

That "look" Erika's going for in her TH's is one for the books! WHAT THE HOLY HELL WAS ALL THAT??

I'm on the good old White Zinfandel tonight here in Texas.  Cheers!

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

...wasn't Kyle an actress when she was younger? Wasn't that what the whole "eating disorder"/please pay attention to me moment was about fifteen minutes before that? Okay, I guess you could give a pass to Teddi for that (not me, though. Nope. Teddi gets no passes unless it's a one way pass to the exit door) but Kyle should understand "acting" and "interpretation". 

Yes, and Teddi first moved to LA to "make it as an actress". 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 6
  • Surprise 2

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

...wasn't Kyle an actress when she was younger? Wasn't that what the whole "eating disorder"/please pay attention to me moment was about fifteen minutes before that? Okay, I guess you could give a pass to Teddi for that (not me, though. Nope. Teddi gets no passes unless it's a one way pass to the exit door) but Kyle should understand "acting". 

I mean, I don't really consider someone who did some acting as a kid to be a trained actor. Her career as a child actor wasn't particularly successful and says to me that she isn't really much of a performer. In any case, the last time she really acted was more than 20 years ago - I don't really think she understands that kind of performance before, if she ever did.

Quote

Yes, and Teddi first moved to LA to "make it as an actress". 

But clearly she didn't. And that isn't what she is now. 

Personally, I think that both Rinna and Erika were being disingenuous - I don't think it was about performance art, I think it was about Rinna wanting to find a way to go after Kim, and Erika just being too self-centered to not understand what Teddi and Kyle were saying. So I have no problem with them calling Rinna out. I just think that they don't fundamentally understand the Erika Jayne persona (and personally, I am with them on that). 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

3 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Wearing a hat

You know the old saying "if I'm wrong I'll eat my hat!" Hopefully it's a straw hat so Kyle doesn't have to worry about carbs.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 10

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Jel said:

Yes, and Teddi first moved to LA to "make it as an actress". 

Now we know why she didn't "make it"....she doesn't know how. to. act.  

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Erica looks so pretty with minimal make up. However....what the hell is she wearing in her talking heads? I can't stop laughing! 

And Kyle disgusts me.

That's a performance persona, dahling.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I mean, I don't really consider someone who did some acting as a kid to be a trained actor. Her career as a child actor wasn't particularly successful and says to me that she isn't really much of a performer. In any case, the last time she really acted was more than 20 years ago - I don't really think she understands that kind of performance before, if she ever did.

But Kyle's not completely ignorant of how it works. There was a whole storyline about the show she was producing that totally wasn't about her mom and her sisters acting, no siree, nothing to do with the Richards family (okay, maybe a little bit but just a little... hey, why isn't my family talking to me anymore?) - Kyle knows what acting is. Her pretending to be ignorant of what a performance persona is and of creative interpretation is kinda rich coming from her. 

  • Like 15
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

2 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

They want EJ to admit to what they think she should be thinking, and when EJ says she is fine, they can't let it go.  It's just like what they did with LVP.  Admit it, LVP!  You're a damn liar! 

EJ said she's fine, so drop it (she's been annoyed in the past, so apparently she should be annoyed now too.)   It's what they did to LVP.  They say she's been manipulative in the past, so she's automatically guilty this time.  See HWs, this kind of thinking can come back to bite you in the ass.

Rinna had a lot of nerve telling Teddi to mind her own business, that it wasn't her issue.  Hello, pot?  Meet kettle.  Rinna was NOT part of the original conversation about doggygate, but yet she sure put in her 2 cents about the whole thing.   I hate the hypocrisy. 

No, I don't think that they think Erika should think what they were thinking. IMO, they just didn't understand.

As for the second thing, I don't really understand the argument. Erika doesn't get to dictate how Kyle feels about Rinna's inappropriate behavior. Admittedly, since they shifted it to that discussion, I understand why she might have thought that way but Kyle made it clear that she was bothered by Rinna's behavior. So why should she have to "drop it" just because Erika wants her to?

I am not addressing the LVP stuff because the argument wasn't about LVP. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

How many more episodes until we get a Lisa sighting?  I was expecting to see her in the previews, but it turns out this is a two-parter? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

But Kyle's not completely ignorant of how it works. There was a whole storyline about the show she was producing that totally wasn't about her mom and her sisters acting, no siree, nothing to do with the Richards family (okay, maybe a little bit but just a little... hey, why isn't my family talking to me anymore?) - Kyle knows what acting is. Her pretending to be ignorant of what a performance persona is and of creative interpretation is kinda rich coming from her. 

She was a producer on that show, not an actress, correct? I'm not sure what that has to do with the idea of not understanding the concept of a performance persona. She can understand the need for people to act on a television show without emotionally connecting to the idea of a "performance persona."

I wish that Kyle had directly said, "Rinna, I don't think you acted appropriately at Farrah's party." Because IMO Rinna owes her an apology and yet, here we are.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

Did Teddi have her shoes on the table? Really? In a French chateau? No class.

I saw that and yelled the tv. Scared the cat to death! Was she raised in a barn?

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 14

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size