Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E18: Pardon Our French

• Start Topic

all that nice food and cheese and they can't get stuck into it! French food is wasted on these women. Do not ever order diet or Lite food please. Lol at Erika haughtily ordering her croque MONSOOR 

• Love 5

I have nothing new to add.  Kyle is such an attention hog and how long did Amelia have anorexia?  Like 6 months?  Before she started using it as some platform?  Rinna has taught her daughters to be attached to something or some brand to get attention, they can't just be themselves. 

The dinner with them pestering Erika was exhausting.  It was the first time I wanted Teddi to just shut up. I get why they are so annoyed with her pestering all the time. It must happen a lot more than they film. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
On 6/12/2019 at 5:59 AM, Higgins said:

I remember the song well from French I class.

I actually did dance on that bridge in Avignon when I was in Provence last summer. There's a photo of me, in fourth position on le pont d'Avignon.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14
9 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Funny.  I love a monte cristo sandwich.  The first time I had one was at Michael's Pub when it was located on Third Ave. in NYC.  It became my favorite lunch time treat.  Years later I found a restaurant where we live now serving it.  My daughter loved it.  And then it was taken off the menu.  Total bummer.

Never had or heard of it being served with jam or jelly.

It's not unheard of. The Blue Bayou restaurant at Disneyland serves it with jam. I know I've read books where someone has ordered a Monte Cristo and it's mentioned that it came with jam

• Love 6
15 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I don’t think you’re wrong. I don’t think Erica especially likes any of the cast. They’re work friends to her. Some she would rather work with then others, but I would be surprised to find out that she had a significant relationship with any of them off camera. But I do think Kyle and Teddi might fall to the bottom of her choice of options.

as to the rest of her life, I don’t know. She strikes me as someone who is pretty comfortable spending time alone. She may not have that many people she chooses to spend time with. LVP struck me as the same way. Social and outgoing, but also introverted and independent. They both seemed like the type that like lots of alone time and have more casual friends then close friends. 

I noticed that with Lisa Vanderpump as well. I’m not too different. There are lifelong friends I love dearly who are truly family to me, but I’m not the type who needs to be friends with everyone I work with or all my friends’ friends. Sometimes I wish I were more the Kyle type who’s friends with everyone and their mother, but I like my life more peaceful and prefer to watch drama on TV and not have it in my own life. If a friend is mean to me or there are ulterior motives or I just plain don’t enjoy their company, I’d rather be alone. Some people need constant companionship. If I have enough friends to go out to eat and to movies with during the weekend, I’m happy. I don’t need to go out every night, don’t need a friend just to go to the mall or get my nails done, etc. If all my friends are busy or out of town, I’d rather grab takeout and watch TV alone by myself than be with people I don’t like or trust. That’s too lonely for some people, but to each his own. 

What I’ve noticed is that Erika seems to have mostly gay male friends, and Lisa’s closest long lasting friendships are straight men. 

• Love 11
(edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 8:26 AM, Giselle said:

The 2017 Ventura Thomas fire became the biggest CA wild fire since San Diego's 2003.

That was surpassed the next year in 2018 by  the Ranch fire. The Camp fire in the fall took out the town of Paradise.

What was doubly tragic at the time of last year's  Woolsey fire was the mass shooting in Thousand Oaks the night before.

We didn't need to evacuate, but Mr  G. had to work from home for two weeks as roads and areas were closed.  We offered to take in friends, coworkers and pets fortunately they all had other family in LA and Ventura Co.

It's still pretty scary when you are safe but can see and smell the fires raging. The smoke & ash are awful. You couldn't buy face masks. We ended up using wet bandanas.

Evacuee of the Rough Fire (summer 2015, over 150K acres lost) here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rough_Fire

There are no words to describe the horror of seeing smoke and flames approaching and going through an evacuation.  

I was under mandatory evacuation for about a week.  Blessings to CalFire, whose heroes and heroines were at the helm ready waiting to take over when the over-educated yet under-experienced Feds lost all control of the fire.  CalFire saved our entire community/town.  

My most sincere sympathies to Camille and everyone who lost something in those fires.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 15
(edited)
On 6/13/2019 at 10:34 PM, Marley said:

Rinna’s daughter is going to be an activist and help ppl? Lmao what a joke. You have to have a smidge of empathy to help ppl and her douche daughter has none.

And is she only going to treat eating-disordered patients that are too thin?

She might not be able to hide her disgust if an eating-disordered "chub-chub" dared to make an appointment with her.  

I cannot stand the Rinna/Hamlin spawn.  I give them zero breaks because of their ages.  At Amelia's age, I was assistant manager at a company in charge of about six grown-assed men old enough to be my father.  I cannot conceive of being so vapid at 17 years of age.  That is one year shy of being a full-blown adult with the right to vote and other perks thrown in that come with adulthood.  These two assholes have no social graces and no self-awareness whatsoever. 

I know Rinna wants to consider them as the next GiGi and Bella, but good gawd, at least Yo's girls weren't completely insufferable and had manners.  In fact, I actually found GiGi to be downright charming and down to earth.   

These Rinna/Hamlin girls?  Just...ugh.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 18

Drunk Erika is as toneless as the other two Erikas. 

On 6/12/2019 at 9:51 AM, 918lux said:

I don't get why Kyle can't just say, "you came in to my home and insulted my sister at a family event and that is offensive, regardless of if you said it as Lisa Rinna, Erika Jayne or Big Bird."

Because that would mean admitting going into LVP's home and insulting her was offensive, and Kyle isn't about to do that kind of reflecting, especially not for her sister's benefit.

• Useful 5
  • Love 16
(edited)

I finally got around to watching this episode today.   I haven't read all the comments yet but I'm looking forward to it. 

When Ericka and Dorit joined the cast, they immediately became two housewives that I really, really disliked (especially Dorit).   That said, imagine my surprise after watching this episode that Ericka and Dorit were the only two housewives that didn't bother me.   All the others, Kyle, Lisa R and Teddi were totally obnoxious. 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
On 6/12/2019 at 8:14 PM, gingerella said:

I had to gird myself seeing these assclowns mosey into that chateau pretending to be klassay...They're all wannabe nouveau riche pretenders and it's an embarrassment to the USA, at a time when we don't need anymore embarrassments. I cringe whenever they travel anywhere, they're so uncouth, so unwordly, so country bumpkin in a really bad way. I can just imagine the staff convos about these bitches behind their backs! I'd actually rather watch that, then them.

@film noire, why do you always write what's in my head, except far more eloquently than I ever could? Thank you!

You don't have to insult country bumpkins to make your point.  Country bumpkins have manners and are polite, and some of them are considerably better traveled than city dwellers.  

And quite frankly, traveling and doing it wrong also helps you learn why and how to do it right.  So they are uncouth or unworldly? I'd much rather they at least had France on a short list to visit versus another Housewife trip to Mexico. 

Having said that,  this country bumpkin just got back from Provence and it is lovely and beautiful,  and the French people are among the kindest you can find in the world.  A magical place with delicious wine!!!!

• Love 10
On 6/14/2019 at 10:45 PM, BluBrd47 said:

TOTALLY off topic but the closest place I can run and get a sandwich for lunch is a French bakery and more often than not I go for the croque monsieur. Oh my God, if you haven’t tried one hit it up. Comfort food wise it’s a grilled cheese on steroids!!

I finally went to Paris in 2013 (after a lifetime of  drooling  of it on TV when people like Brenda & Donna, and Blair & Serena, and Mary-Kate and Ashley went) and when I came back everyone asked me what the best food that I had was.  It was the $4.00 Croque Monsieur that I had for lunch!

• Love 12
(edited)

This was a supremely boring episode. These women are not interesting in the least.

The only interesting point was the stricken reaction of Teddi when Rinna told her straight out that she didn’t care if she liked her or not. She must have realized at that moment that she hitched her wagon to the wrong beasts. Dorito and Erica had perviously evidenced their  disdain for her and her buttinski bullshit. Without Rinna her only friend is Kyle who can’t even stand up for her own sister. Who threw her so called best friend under the bus to curry favor with a grifting puppy dumper. In that moment she must have realized that she is the used Kleenex of this season. Soon to be discarded.

It couldn’t happen to a nicer gal.

Edited by langford peel
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
On 6/14/2019 at 9:45 PM, BluBrd47 said:

TOTALLY off topic but the closest place I can run and get a sandwich for lunch is a French bakery and more often than not I go for the croque monsieur. Oh my God, if you haven’t tried one hit it up. Comfort food wise it’s a grilled cheese on steroids!!

There is a great recipe on AllRecipes for a bit of an unconventional one that is to die for. It uses gouda instead of gruyere, and you make a white sauce with the cheese. Our whole family loves it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

DISH TV shows tonights upcoming RHOBH  as episode 919! Wow! I think we can start including some of these ladies in the annual "dead pool"! 😁 

Haven't seen the episode yet. It starts here in 6 minutes. I'm not excited.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I am watching the replay of this episode and since I have already seen it once I am playing the "what's on Rinna's plate" game (as I am sure many people do).  During the dinner conversation a huge salad kept appearing and disappearing and the level never changed.  Makes me wonder if she is as "allergic" to salad as her daughter...

• Wink 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 3
23 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

I am watching the replay of this episode and since I have already seen it once I am playing the "what's on Rinna's plate" game (as I am sure many people do).  During the dinner conversation a huge salad kept appearing and disappearing and the level never changed.  Makes me wonder if she is as "allergic" to salad as her daughter...

I'll have to watch for that. Only into 20 minutes of this new episode

• Love 1

Is it just my crazy brain, or did the somewhat sane voices of reason and respectability come from Dorit and Erika? Kyle:$hitfaceddrunk/Teddi:drunk a$$hole/Rinna: better than usual.

This episode was stupid and boring and I'm disliking Kyle and Teddi  more every second.

• Love 5
(edited)

WOW! France is so beautiful! I doubt I'll ever see it in person but the aerial views were breathtaking! And I love a good croissant!

Teddi and Kyle getting drunk and acting like 16 year old high school clique girls. I'm having second hand embarrassment for them.

And what were those weird pants Kyle was wearing during the "Teddi Lovefest"? They looked like scuba diving pants! 

Anyone here have any ideas what Camille is planning on revealing about Dorit in the next episode? We've already heard about the alleged cocaine use by the Kemsley's and we've also heard about their owing people money and not paying them back.  

Could it be Jagger is really the love child of Dorit and Mick Jagger?😁

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

I confess to having the Vanderpump rose at a wine tasting.

In and of itself, it's ok, but that price point is a hard stop.

My unsolicited advice, the best kind of advice, is don't waste your money but if you do you won't hate it.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, bosawks said:

My unsolicited advice, the best kind of advice, is don't waste your money but if you do you won't hate it.

Totally agree. That price is not ok.

• Useful 1
On 6/19/2019 at 5:55 AM, bosawks said:

What was the price?  (If you don't mind telling.)

(edited)
1 hour ago, chenoa333 said:

What was the price?  (If you don't mind telling.)

I don't mind.

After tax it would've landed in the $20 range after tax.

ETA: At that price point I'm leaving Provence for the most part and going to Tavel but that's just where my taste preference lies.

Edited by bosawks
  • Useful 2

When Dorit made that crack about the elephant in the room really being a bunny, and everyone cackled like it was the funniest thing ever said, I came to a sad realization: these women just aren't witty or entertaining enough, as a group, to carry a show. 

• Love 3
On 6/11/2019 at 9:45 PM, KungFuBunny said:

Is this the first time Dorit doesn't have an item of clothing with a designer name printed across it?

Thankfully she’s still wearing her “CHA” and “NEL” earrings in her talking heads though. Phew! 

• LOL 6

This episode is on now and omg Teddi and Kyle are insane - insisting that Erika should be mad at Rinna for "being her" at Halloween and being rude in the Erika Jayne persona.  It is CRAZY and I am wondering if this is when the show started the sharp decline into fake fights and fight rehashing.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 8/10/2022 at 4:03 PM, heatherchandler said:

This episode is on now and omg Teddi and Kyle are insane - insisting that Erika should be mad at Rinna for "being her" at Halloween and being rude in the Erika Jayne persona.  It is CRAZY and I am wondering if this is when the show started the sharp decline into fake fights and fight rehashing.  

It’s nuts. When Erika is minding her business and totally unproblematic, Kyle gets on her case. When Erika’s possibly complicit stealing from orphans and widows, threatening Sutton, mixing meds and alcohol, hitting on married men and cursing out little kids, no problem! Kyle is just happy Erika is letting loose. Cardinal sin is just not being fun and partying. 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1