Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E24: Sean LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Carboncat said:

Oh, goodness!  Hi peeps!   having kitchen/living room redone and it's 105 degrees in house.  Cats are panting and looking at me like this is MY fault.  But did put laptop in livingroom for Live Chat.

I have heard that cats originated as desert animals.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, MissLam said:

I am curious as to why TLC is even airing this. We’ve known for a long time that he passed away. I almost want to change the channel. Anybody else feel this is unnecessary to watch? RIP Sean. 

I was wondering as I was watching the opening what purpose is served by airing it. But of course I'm still watching.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

It is a sad fact that humans have to be taught how to be human, including how to clean themselves, how to eat properly, how to interact with others... When you have the mom from Psycho as your example, you are doomed from the get-go. <sigh>

• Love 13
2 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

Was this filmed during wartime?? Why is he rationing the bodywash on his washcloth.?

My suspicion is that he can't afford to replace it quickly. Probably the reason why he also has no clothes.

6 minutes ago, buffo said:

I feel sorry for this fellow, I shouldn't but he seems like he could have been a normal guy and it's just a waste of his life. 

I don’t know about that. Watch his first episode and I think he’s on the ASD spectrum. He definitely had anger issues as a child. He talked of biting people. And when he was injured as a junior or senior in HS he willingly took to his bed and gave up, happy to knit and eat and drop out of life. His mother couldn’t have forced a “normal” teenager to do that. jMO

• Useful 3
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, littlebennysmom said:

God, I've often wondered what kind of crazy stuff food delivery people see.  They're the real MVPs.

I drive for Uber Eats and haven’t witnessed a single weird thing yet. Kind of disappointing 🙂

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, String Theory said:

All he needs is a diaper and he'd be a perfect Baby Huey.   Pretty sad when he has to be told that he needs to keep clean.  

Why doesn't he have a home health aide?  It's amazing that I've lived alone 40+ years and coped and made intelligent food choices.  It's really sad how Sean's mom totally crippled him emotionally, I don't remember much about his dad, but it doesn't sound like he really has any interest in being in the picture.bavt.jpg.547d0623cf1446911ab50a9f05122f71.jpg

LOL!!  Thanks for the laugh.  Although I think people are responsible for their own choices and a crappy childhood can't be an excuse for bad choices, this dude had nothing to work with... ZERO.  He would have been better off being raised by bears in the woods.  

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, Wanda said:

Just not feeling the snark about Sean. We’ve never gone into a Show knowing the ending like this.

It is really hard to watch this.  He is not mean and nasty and manipulative like many of them.  He is just totally incapable of taking care of himself. And he, unfortunately, continues to think that his mother was a good one.  I understand that sometimes your childhood breaks  you but you’re responsible for fixing yourself. In this case,  his mother destroyed him to the point that he is incapable of fixing himself.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

What the hell kind of "care facility" is he expecting? Sounds like he wants a nice hotel with room service and a full time personal assistant. 

Sounds like it would be an Act II of what he had with his mother.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Kid said:

In this case,  his mother destroyed him to the point that he is incapable of fixing himself.

I don’t know, I have heard of people overcoming horrible childhoods and young adulthoods to become functional human beings.  Sean had no desire to grow up, therefore being “incapable” suits him perfectly.

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Ummm Sean, doll, I know you loved your mom but you're mom thought you were doing too much by walking to the bathroom in a 900 square foot apartment and damn near took Dr Now hostage when he wouldn't say you were septic.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, MrsClaus said:

I'm really pissed at his mom.  Sean's mother turned her son into my son.  The only difference is my son is autistic and can bathe himself.

Right? And I don’t think he had any issues inherent (low iq, etc) but his mother emotionally crippled him. And allowed a simple injury to physically cripple him. I’m very pro-take responsibility for your own actions once your an adult and stop blaming your fucked up parents. But his mother was just so beyond the realm of normal, her pathology crippled him full stop. 

• Love 12

That poor woman - hope she's getting paid $$$ to take care of this dead weight (sorry, couldn't resist the pun).  
Glad to see that he got dressed for Dr.  Now and the ride on the bus.  

"everytime I go to Dr. Now's I gain weight"......."Dr. Now's attitude that I've got to lose weight".......Duh, that's the reason why you're going there dumb ass.  

Yeah, I'd say 709 lbs. is "not real good".

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I'll start us with the snark, his voice is even gross.

I've thought at times what kind of job Sean might have been able to do given his physical limitations. He could have worked in a call center, but not with that kind of voice. Maybe if he had had some speech therapy first.

• Love 5
Just now, DC Gal in VA said:

I know that the show ain't even on yet but I really want to smother those participants in new Smothered show. Anyone care to join me?

oh yes!  yes!  I have only seen the commercials and I want to slap all of them

• Love 6
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

I know that the show ain't even on yet but I really want to smother those participants in new Smothered show. Anyone care to join me?

I've got some extra pillows.

• LOL 11
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, DC Gal in VA said:

The commercials creep me out, no way will I actually watch it.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Kid said:

It is really hard to watch this.  He is not mean and nasty and manipulative like many of them.  He is just totally incapable of taking care of himself. And he, unfortunately, continues to think that his mother was a good one.  I understand that sometimes your childhood breaks  you but you’re responsible for fixing yourself. In this case,  his mother destroyed him to the point that he is incapable of fixing himself.

Insight, intelligence and time would be required for him to change. I feel he lacked the first two and ran out of the third.

• Love 11

I’m sorry, but after years as Dr Now’s patient and he still thinks it’s an attitude that the dr expects him to lose weight. That’s not his mothers’ fault, that’s an entitlement fault.

and then he holds the record at 188 lb weight gain.

i think we could have called the ending without knowing in advance. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, MissLam said:

I drive for Uber Eats and haven’t witnessed a single weird thing yet. Kind of disappointing 🙂

Be careful what you wish for. The universe has some ugly ways of delivering. heh

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

Whoa - 709! Up from 500-something in the hospital? Jeez. So, no money for healthy food, but money for garbage that puts on the weight, huh?

How does he walk on that Houston pavement with no shoes?

Dr Now - "I'm gonna pull out the death certificate and leave the date open." Savage.

Edited by aliya
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, FormeryHeavyJ said:

Mrs FormerlyHeavyJ was seven pounds off the actual weight.  She said he's got to be 700 lbs.

HOW THE FREAKING HELL DO YOU GAIN 188 LBS IN TWO MUNTS?????

Spending $9K on food..............

• Love 2