Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Jewels and Bad Juju

• Start Topic

Reagan celebrates the grand opening of her jewelry store and reveals her new beau; Barry dreams of expanding his business; Justin breaks down over his past with Jeff; Tamica makes a shocking speculation about Reagan.

Airs June 9, 2019.

There's something about Reece's mannerisms and face reminds me a bit of Shep.  Weird.  What was with him about wearing his mother's make up and clothes?  Hm.  I do wonder about having that place in the city....

Tamica's daughter is gorgeous. 

I just can't with Kelsey.  She just bugs me.

• Love 12
8 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

It is most definitely not for a storyline. It’s for real. 

Then Reagan deserves everything coming to her from this relationship. 

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, breezy424 said:

There's something about Reece's mannerisms and face reminds me a bit of Shep.  Weird. 

I had the same thought! It's also something in his voice, a kind of cocky, "I'm the coolest guy in the room" tone. He's like Shep without the looks, money and lineage. And he's a compulsive gambler. Good luck dealing with THAT when it hits the fan, Reagan.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Love 16

Reagan is stuck with Reece for life.  Jeff dodged a bullet, IMO.

Reagan was with Jeff for the money and the lifestyle but when it came down to putting down roots with Jeff, she got herself out of that situation quickly.  Don't go crawling back to Jeff & expecting him to take care of your obligations when it goes south with Reece.

IMO Reagan used Jeff to set her up in life and now that she's where she wants to be, she cut him loose.

What exactly did Kelsey do or say?

We've got 3 minor characters with variations of the same name: Rani, Reigni & Reina.

Lets see Jeff, Barry & Jon's asses next.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Catmama33 said:

Did Reece really say that all he does is watch horses bang and smoke weed all day?  

Yes, he actually said that.

6 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Lets see Jeff, Barry & Jon's asses next.

We did see Jeff's last night. Reece lost that comparison, too.

I'll admit that I was prejudiced against Reece before he even appeared (I'm on Team Jeff!), but I did try to keep an open mind and give him the benefit of the doubt. Honestly, though, what a douche! He reminds me of all those guys on the Savannah show. BTW, is that one coming back or did Bravo pull the plug on it?

• Love 12
(edited)

Yep, Reagan was in it with Jeff for the lifestyle.  Remember, he was a Super Bowl-winning NFL player.  

And remember, his mom stole all his money, so he literally has nothing.  My guess is, he's renting that house, and he'll move this season to something smaller.

So Reagan texted Reece during their marriage to see if things could heat back up, and when she realized he was in, she rented that place in the city "to study law".  Hmmmph.

When they first showed Reece, I was like, damn.....he's cute.  Till he opened his mouth.   Ugh.

Jeff is such a good guy, and he deserves nicer, sweeter, and cuter (and I think Reagan is cute, but the best Reece has ever been with?  Sad.).

You can tell the measure of a man by how his friends treat him.  These guys,  Barry, Justin, even John, treat him like family.  There's brother-love there for him, not as the NFL player jock, but for the man.

Jeff - Bullet:  dodged.  Please don't answer Reagan's call when Reece screws her around, and you know she will.  It's why she's keeping you on a string right now.

Oh, and her jewelry?  Hideous.  

Edited by Sterling
  • Love 17
9 hours ago, Momager said:

Reece is.... something else.  I can’t imagine what Reagan sees in him.  He’s like a giant 4 yr old. Yikes. 

He's Cool Ranch Doritos and vanilla! 😂

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sharonana said:

He's Cool Ranch Doritos and vanilla!

My boyfriend missed season 1 doesn’t normally watch a lot of my shitty Bravo habit and he fell in love with Jon when he came on with his coat over his shoulder and delivered that line!

• Love 3

Reece is about as deep as a shallow pool.  I don’t get the attraction at all.  I did think he was wearing makeup in that first picture and then he confirmed he’d been in momma’s makeup...and clothes and never denied it as a phase.  I loved it when Jeff said they probably wouldn’t be friends.  

I think Justin was coming from a good place with Jeff because Jeff was running away from cars last season, so...

• Love 10
(edited)
20 minutes ago, For Cereals said:

I think Justin was coming from a good place with Jeff because Jeff was running away from cars last season, so...

I actually think that was Barry not Justin. But I also get Jeff’s remarks in the one and one because it is literally a lot of heavy shit to lay on Jeff at the mall opening of his ex’s jewelry store opening and to equate the idea that he was about to commit suicide and if you aren’t in that place to have someone lay that on you.

Rsndom thought I am now shipping Justin and Rachel. He was standing close when his girl wasn’t around and she might love putting her in her place more than Tamika.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I wish they would quit showing us Reece's backside.  I do not want to see that again.  He reminded me of someone on the Savannah show.  I think it was the voice.  

The way Reagan talked it sounds like Jeff was her rebound guy when Reece would not commit.  She grabbed the NFL football star to show him.  Reece never left her mind.  (I have no idea why.  Ewww!) Then she re-connected with Reece and realized he was available and ready. So she dumped Jeff.  Jeff should realize he dodged a bullet never having kids with her.

Jeff seems close with the guys.  He is in that clique.  If Reagan didn't have Tamica she would be out of that loop.  Tamica does not seem happy with Reagan at all.  So that cord could be cut too if the group had to pick between Jeff and Reagan.  

Tamica is reality gold for this show.  But as a person I do not like her.    

• Love 18
1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I wish they would quit showing us Reece's backside.  I do not want to see that again.  He reminded me of someone on the Savannah show.  I think it was the voice.  

Maybe his backside IS his best side......because I'm not sure about the personality at this point one episode in.  

skipping around lance stephenson GIF by NBA

Skips away merrily

• LOL 6

Did Regan say that she and Reece hung out before she got engaged and he got so drunk he started throwing up?  Wow-what a guy.  I love to booze, but if I'm trying to win back an ex or impress someone, I'll stick to a few glasses of red wine.  

Also Jeff responded to the comment about getting engaged the day after that magic night with Reece and wrote:  

• Love 1
(edited)

Regan is looking for a guy she can control and lord over. Reece is a dumb stoner with the added bonus of coming from the "right" kind of family (that reminded me of SC1.0), When he wouldn't commit she picked Jeff (in her mind, a dumb jock) as her fallback. I think a couple of things are going to come out here 1) Tamika is right and she's been carrying on with him for some time; 2) she was pregnant when filming started; and 3) she's far more manipulative and calculating than her current SC persona indicates.

And as for Reece, how bland, generic and unimpressive do you have to be for the Viking to notice that you are "not vanilla bean, not French vanilla, just...vanilla"? I think Jeff just cemented his invitation to the BBQ this summer 🙂 

Just to be clear, Reece is:

1) a self-professed gambling addict

2) a cross-dresser

3) a daily weed smoker

4) employed by his mom

5) seemingly, completely not self-aware of how big a douche he is...

This will not end well.

Edited by Rlb8031
  • LOL 4
  • Love 17

I'm just going to put this out there:  I liked Reece.  He is absolutely unpretentious.  That gains major points with me.  He just is who he is.

He reminds me of how Shep from OR SC will wind up if he keeps drinking.  He also seems like kind of a loser, so I don't feel too bad for him that he is stuck spending time with Reagan (anyone catch her clipped in weave tracks when she was getting her hair done last night?  I started whistling Tracks of My Tears by Smoky Robinson) who is a she-witch with no remnants of a conscience whatsoever if you ask me.  Reagan is too good for no one.  If Reagan turned out to be dating OJ fucking Simpson, I would be like, "I could see that working!"

Tamika...ooh, the plot thickens.  She doesn't just want Reagan to express sadness about her impending divorce; she wants to know exactly how long R & R have been canoodling.  Get it girl!

I also liked how this entire episode basicallly took place in a mall and I was completely intrigued.

I liked Barry seeing "Reagan Charleston" (gagging) and using it as inspiration to up his own business game, instead of being jealous or hating.  I like the ambition shown by certain members of this cast.

I am unapologetically anti-Jeff.  The only thing redeeming about his performance last night was the crack that, "no wonder Justin doesn't want to get married.  He thinks you get married, you get divorced, and you kill yourself." That was just funny  I think Jeff has it slightly out of order though--If Justin marries Kelsey, the suicide might come before the divorce.  While we're on the topic of the hosebeast that is Kelsey, can't she go out with Jeff, and free Justin up to be single?  Just a thought.

But...Jeff.  Jeff--why the fuck are you still pining over/caring about Reagan?  She is garbage.  Why didn't you get to meet Reece upstairs in the hotel room?  Because it would have been awkward as fuck.  What would you all have talked about--the best way to give it to Reagan?  I am totally Team Tamika on that one.  Also, Jeff, you are about three weeks from being divorced from this woman, and y'all didn't have no kids, so, not to get too Mya, Case of the Ex, why the fuck would you need to pull Reagan's boyfriend aside to tell him...everything will be ok, as long as everything is ok between Reece and Reagan?  Hey, Jeff, I have a wild idea for you--if Reagan and Reece fight, that officially goes into the category of "not your fucking problem" the second the ink dries on that divorce decree.  Actually, it hasn't been your problem in a long while...

I think Jeff is a two-faced insecure snake.  Who pulls a man aside to tell him how "fine" things will be, and then does talking heads about how the man in question probably watched him on TV when he was in the NFL, implying the man who watches the NFL is necessarily beneath the one who played in it?  Obviously not, because the only one Reagan is beneath is Reece.  You know what, Jeff?  I watch the NFL--I have probably watched you play--and I don't give a shit about you.  Secondly,  what Reece seems to possess is a functioning brain (even though that might not be the case for much longer if he keeps smoking weed all day and ordering double jacks).  But you can't have it both ways--you can't film a reality show and tell us all how badly the NFL fucked you up, but when your wife dumps you, you are so insecure that your go-to is that the new guy might have seen you play in the NFL, thus he is lesser and you are greater.  Either the NFL is something to be admired, or it fucked you up royally.  You can't have both at once.

Everyone keeps telling us that Jeff is this Viking.  Is that the best they can say, because no one can say with a straight face that he's good looking?  He's got the crazy red Howdy Doody hair, pink (yes, pink) facial hair, fucked up crooked teeth, and an unfortunately low brow that makes him look like Cro Magnum man.  I only say this, because the rest of the cast keep lying about how Jeff is the best-looking guy ever, and they're just saying that because they feel bad for him.  They can't mean it...right?  

As soon as Jeff moves on with his life and stops dogging mediocre-looking guys who scored Jeff's mediocre estranged wife because the other guy dares to have a personality and is easy to be around, I'll stop dogging Jeff.  If you're not going to get the help you need and insist on staying on this show, grow up and get a little 20-something girlfriend of your own, who will be impressed with your tales of football days of yore, free booze, and a party house in Covington.  Stop worrying about your 'wife.'  She ain't worried about you.

• Love 3

I'm looking in the mirror.....

Jeff is handsome!

Hmmm.  My face remained straight!  It is possible to do!

One person's Cross Magnum is another's viking!

He's not Sam Elliot, Jason Momoa or Keanu Reeves handsome, but I find him very attractive.

• Love 11

Hmmmm.  I don’t get the Kelsey hate.   I love Justin, but part of the reason I like him is due to him being with Kelsey.  She’s by no means a great beauty, but neither is Justin.   I just love his personality.

Personally, I don’t find Jeff attractive, but the new guy is really boring.  I think he was probably Regan’s first great love and she probably had him built up more in her head than he ever actually was.  I like Regan, but I don’t buy this copacetic divorce at all.  Nor do I believe that she hadn’t reconnected with Reece long before the split with Jeff.

I do not care for Tamika, but Barry is great.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

He reminds me of all those guys on the Savannah show.

He (Reece) would be perfect on that loser show!

Damn, Barry and Tamika are one sexy, gorgeous looking couple. It's no wonder their little girl is beautiful. She is going to be a stunner!

p.s. I can't stand Tamika. 

• Love 8
12 hours ago, Catmama33 said:

Did Reece really say that all he does is watch horses bang and smoke weed all day?  

I took the wrong career path. I rode and showed horses constantly during my teenage years. I even tried pot. Why did I ever leave the barn to become a nurse? Oh, guess I wasn’t stoned when I made that decision 🤣 

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I'm just going to put this out there:  I liked Reece.  He is absolutely unpretentious.  That gains major points with me.  He just is who he is.

But that person is someone with an admitted gambling problem who isn’t seeking help and also spends his days getting stoned as he watches horses fuck on his mother’s farm. How is that someone who should be celebrated? 

I actually used to have some respect for Reagan and her studies but the fact that she cannot even get through a “romantic dinner” without a look on her face that screamed I can’t believe your dumbass got me pregnant speaks crazy amounts of volume.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Reagan was with Jeff for the money and the lifestyle but when it came down to putting down roots with Jeff, she got herself out of that situation quickly.  Don't go crawling back to Jeff & expecting him to take care of your obligations when it goes south with Reece.

She got out when the money was gone.  He can't take care of her, poor guy is broke.

I think he does own that house, but like someone said above, he will probably sell it and move into a smaller place.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm not sure Jeff really is broke; I think that may have been exaggerated. I don't believe everything I see online, but FWIW, I did read somewhere that he made a ton of money playing football (he had a really sharp agent who negotiated very favorable contracts for him and he didn't blow it all on fast cars and bling) and even after his mother stole a lot of it from him, he still had enough left to make him financially secure. Several websites have put his current net worth in the $1 to $2 million range. Also, he apparently owns the house free and clear, having got it at a bargain by paying cash. It's quite possible that the whole "Jeff's mother stole every penny he had" narrative was exaggerated to amp up the drama (I don't believe everything I hear on Bravo, either) and that he's doing okay financially. I'll bet Reagan got every penny she could in the divorce, though.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Tamika is one of my all time favorite housewives. 

Except she isn't one. Could somebody at Bravo please get on that?

Edited by Jel
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

Several websites have put his current net worth in the $1 to $2 million range. Also, he apparently owns the house free and clear, having got it at a bargain by paying cash. It's quite possible that the whole "Jeff's mother stole every penny he had" narrative was exaggerated to amp up the drama (I don't believe everything I hear on Bravo, either) and that he's doing okay financially. I'll bet Reagan got every penny she could in the divorce, though.

Every single what are they worth on the internet other than legit property records are nonsense. Even more so for professional athletes because they tend to take the highest contract reported, ignore taxes and agent/lawyer fees and multiple it by the years played so if some site is claiming 1 to 2 million I bet he can’t pay his mortgage on his ridiculously far out house without Reagan! If they own it sell and move in with Jon and be crazy ridiculous being crazy ridiculous!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Every single what are they worth on the internet other than legit property records are nonsense. Even more so for professional athletes because they tend to take the highest contract reported, ignore taxes and agent/lawyer fees and multiple it by the years played so if some site is claiming 1 to 2 million I bet he can’t pay his mortgage on his ridiculously far out house without Reagan! If they own it sell and move in with Jon and be crazy ridiculous being crazy ridiculous!

If he owns it free and clear as @Albanyguy stated above, my guess is that it will only be sold if Regan wants to get money out as part of the divorce. Considering how Kumbaya they are at this point, either she didn't ask for much or he didn't offer much resistance to her requests. Considering they had enough money to fund her pied-a-terre  in the Quarter, I'm guessing that either mommy and daddy have long dollars or even with Jeff's losses there was a healthy nest egg to split.

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

f he owns it free and clear as @Albanyguy stated above, my guess is that it will only be sold if Regan wants to get money out as part of the divorce.

If it’s the same website that gives his net worth I don’t believe it to be accurate. Thw divorce was finalized before the show started filming. A quick google search for Reagan illustrates how final the divorce was and how much she has moved on.

6 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Just to be clear, Reece is:

1) a self-professed gambling addict

2) a cross-dresser

3) a daily weed smoker

4) employed by his mom

5) seemingly, completely not self-aware of how big a douche he is...

6) a grown ass man who moved out of his Mama's house straight into his girlfriend's house

5 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

As soon as Jeff moves on with his life and stops dogging mediocre-looking guys who scored Jeff's mediocre estranged wife because the other guy dares to have a personality and is easy to be around, I'll stop dogging Jeff.  If you're not going to get the help you need and insist on staying on this show, grow up and get a little 20-something girlfriend of your own, who will be impressed with your tales of football days of yore, free booze, and a party house in Covington.  Stop worrying about your 'wife.'  She ain't worried about you.

It would probably be easier for Jeff to move on if he could shake Regan's "See I'm Not a Complete Lying, Cheating Asshole; I'm still BFFs with my Ex" Campaign.

• Love 9
(edited)

I do not think I would want to be friends with Tamica, but I do not dislike her either. Reagan is really the only one in the cast that I do not like.

I agree with Tamica that Kelsey is being extra. I did not think she was so over the top last season.

I liked Barry saying in his TH that people need clap back at Tamica for her to respect them.

I also, liked Tamica saying that Barry does not age.

There were a lot of comments that were said in this episode that made me laugh, which is nice since I can barely get through original recipe SC. That show has been a slog for me for several seasons now. I really enjoy this cast. 

Can anyone enlighten me on the timeline of the Reagan/Jeff divorce, getting with Reece, her pregnancy and when she is due?

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 8

Kelsey is such the Danni of SC:NOLA.  

Canal Place seems like a high-rent place for a by-appointment-only jewelry shop.  Really, the only reason to even go in the place are for the good, clean public bathrooms on the 3rd floor and using the parking garage for good covered parking in the summertime if going to the Quarter.

And, for what it is worth, according to the tax records, Reagan owns that house in Covington, not Jeff.  Maybe she got it in the divorce?  And it's valued at a bit under $600k for tax purposes.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Kelsey is such the Danni of SC:NOLA.  

Canal Place seems like a high-rent place for a by-appointment-only jewelry shop.  Really, the only reason to even go in the place are for the good, clean public bathrooms on the 3rd floor and using the parking garage for good covered parking in the summertime if going to the Quarter.

And, for what it is worth, according to the tax records, Reagan owns that house in Covington, not Jeff.  Maybe she got it in the divorce?  And it's valued at a bit under $600k for tax purposes.

According to her website, it's by appointment only Mon through Weds and open from 12 to 5 Thurs through Sun.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SoTheresThat said:

According to her website, it's by appointment only Mon through Weds and open from 12 to 5 Thurs through Sun.  

That makes more sense.  It is such a tourist location, by appointment only doesn't make sense business-wise.  Not that tourists are flooding NOLA to see Reagan, but to get those tourist dollars on impulse buys on vaguely New Orleans-inspired jewelry, she needs some regular hours to pay the rent.

• Love 4

Seeing Tamika and her daughter this episode, I genuinely think that little girl adores her mother and is at that age where she wants to be just like her mom. I love how Tamika said she's not going to speculate about cheating...and then proceeds to speculate about talk about cheating, lol.

I get that Reagan wants to show off her domestic abilities and using her clueless sister to do that makes sense...except when you're explaining to her what a classic New Orleans breakfast is as if she wasn't born/living in there and isn't aware. Jeff was onto sometong - Reagan sacrificed the comfort of the group AND her boyfriend in order to do what was easiest for her. She had schmoozing to do that kept her occupied and distracted while everyone else was sweating over the tension. Had they met prior to everyone else, at least Jeff could have let the others know and that would avoid the possibility of anyone feeling super tense and awkward about it. Reese is a douche that thinks his douchiness is hilarious. It's not...I guess unless you're Reagan.

I don't know about anyone else but listening to Reagan and Reece's love story wasn't cute at all. It just made it seem like Reagan took the guy that was willing to put a ring on it and when football fucked Jeff up, it was way more than what Reagan has signed up for when chose her consolation prize. Seems like one really long winded way to get the attention of the guy that just wouldn't commit.

Jeff was out of line with her comments. I hope he apologized for that bullshit. Jeff looked like a depressed dog guzzling his alcohol. Feel blessed you have people in your life that are looking out for you like that.

The look on Reagan's face when she realized her secret was discovered looked was great. She looked guilty as hell, haha.

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/10/2019 at 2:39 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

Everyone keeps telling us that Jeff is this Viking.  Is that the best they can say, because no one can say with a straight face that he's good looking?  He's got the crazy red Howdy Doody hair, pink (yes, pink) facial hair, fucked up crooked teeth, and an unfortunately low brow that makes him look like Cro Magnum man.  I only say this, because the rest of the cast keep lying about how Jeff is the best-looking guy ever, and they're just saying that because they feel bad for him.  They can't mean it...right?  

I think Jeff is attractive. Way moreso than douche-y Reece. But, that very subjective opinion aside, I think the “Viking”’reference is being used  because - in addition to being tall and muscular- he was signed to the Minnesota Vikings in 2012 (although never actually played).

Edited by Duke2801
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6