Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/10/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I think MM was hired to be the stern conservative; to contradict the liberals; to fight her stance; to fight Joy, in particular; to create waves and controversy, which would be noticed by the media. Shes doing what I think she's been hired to do (minus the shrieking). *I* think she's willing to leave that at the table, but because she comes across so aggressive Joy has taken it personally. Can't say I blame Joy. I probably would, too. Politics aside, MM is a hard pill to swallow. She's too aggressive and she's got to work on her RBF.

Regarding the bolded, I disagree. It's Meghan who takes it personally. She takes every damn thing personally, every criticism of others as a personal attack against her. And she's proven it, time and time again, with her shrieking, whining and tantrums. I've yet to see Joy scream, whine, slam the table and inform everyone that it's their job to listen to HER. As Meghan has done.

11 hours ago, bella1716 said:

i dont understand why they made it a segment at all. Theres a huge massacre in Sudan right now where children are being gang raped and forced to drink sewage water for one. Maybe talk about that??? Secondly, it was awkward. "Hey heres a friend of our show looking and sounding like a hot mess.....oh and btw she kinda deserves it"

Because while this show is under ABC's News Division, it's an entertainment show, not a news program. And none of them would be able to discuss the subject of rape with any nuance. ESPECIALLY not Whoopi "rape-rape" Goldberg.

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

It seems like they only have room for one serious topic at the top of the show, and nearly always that's going to be some recent Trump antic.  Then following a bunch of commercials they'll try to balance the serious talk with banter about something dumb that no one really wants to discuss.  It's also a chance to bring Meg down from her high dudgeon.

And don't forget Her Twatness making everything about her. Her condescending to "school" others, as if it's her job to do so, an invoking her sire.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 19
(edited)

I might watch today because Joy's back. 😀

But I just heard "my father" during a topic about Biden/Trump. Also heard Meghan say something about Biden promising to cure cancer. Okay great, but what does that have to do with the hot topic? Never mind, might change the channel. 🙄

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

But I just heard "my father" during a topic about Biden/Trump. Also heard Meghan say something about Biden promising to cure cancer. Okay great, but what does that have to do with the hot topic? Never mind, might change the channel. 🙄

Yes, cancer. But most importantly brain cancer.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And just how exactly is Biden going to cure cancer?  Haven't all presidents and candidates said they are going to cure cancer?

I agree with you, but apparently he specifically said he was going to cure cancer.  Pretty far reaching for me.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

That is the platform that Biden is running on. So, Megs thinks it's about her.

She really is that narcissistic.  Biden is going to cure cancer because my daddy died from it. He is going to do it and he is going to name it after my family.

• LOL 13
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Megs doesn't want anyone new coming on and ruining her Real Housewives show.  Kinda like I didn't want Megs coming on and ruining The View for me! Da damn bitch.😱

Damn!! You beat me to it!!  We don’t get to pick the cast of the View- you do t get to pick the cast of Real Housewives 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

And just how exactly is Biden going to cure cancer?  Haven't all presidents and candidates said they are going to cure cancer?

I’m pretty sure that you are being sarcastic, but if not, I honestly have never heard any president or candidate say that they were going to cure cancer.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, ching5411 said:

I’m pretty sure that you are being sarcastic, but if not, I honestly have never heard any president or candidate say that they were going to cure cancer.

I'm being slightly sarcastic.  Curing cancer is something everyone wants to happen.  It's nice Biden wants to accomplish that but realistically is it something he can accomplish, probably not.  If Meghan feels so strongly about it then she should leave the View and put her energy towards fundraising for organizations that fund research for curing cancer.

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

I'm being slightly sarcastic.  Curing cancer is something everyone wants to happen.  It's nice Biden wants to accomplish that but realistically is it something he can accomplish, probably not.  If Meghan feels so strongly about it then she should leave the View and put her energy towards fundraising for organizations that fund research for curing cancer.

Yes.  Especially since she's harassed daily when she leaves her home just because she's on The View.  Sounds miserable.  She should go do something else.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 12

I've always understood that robocalls  are not allowed between 9pm - 8am and I believe that rule is followed because I get many during the day, but I've never gotten one between 9-8. Whoopi needs to answer that phone at 2am. Someone's in trouble, girl.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4

When they were discussing insinuations being made about presidential candidates' health, and Meghan snidely said that it had been done to Michele Bachmann by Chris Cillizza, I wondered what that was about, so I googled it, and came across a column of his in the Washington Post from 7/20/11 entitled "Michele Bachmann's Headaches".

He quoted articles from the New York Times and Politico published that same day that were about Bachmann suffering from migraines.

Her staff didn't deny that she had migraines, but said they didn't affect her job performance.  Former staff members disagreed, and said that they could be debilitating, and had caused her to miss votes and other events.

First, this is different than making up poor health claims out of whole cloth.  Second, Meghan made it sound like Chris Cillizza had been the one solely responsible for bringing this issue to the public's attention.

I remember reading here that Meghan responded to someone on Twitter who criticized her for not getting her facts straight that she wasn't a journalist.  That should have nothing to do with being accurate.  Almost all of the hosts get things wrong here and there, usually through carelessness, unfortunately, but Meghan seems like she just wants to score points for her side; if the facts aren't there, she doesn't care. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Yes, cancer. But most importantly brain cancer.

And not just brain cancer, but glioblastoma.  However, MM doesn't believe in health care for all, just those who can pay for it. With universal healthcare, even 911 first responders would be covered for life.

Sunny - don't talk and talk with your mouth full! Your mother must have been cringing while watching the Doogie Houser segment.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I like that curing cancer is a priority for Biden.   But then when the point was made about pollution/climate change, Meghan had to speak up that BRAIN cancer isn't shown to have environmental causes.   

Yeah, maybe, maybe not.  Do we know all the additive factors that cause any individual to get cancer?  no.  and more information is coming out every day about pesticides, pollution, additives in cosmetics and food, and how they may CONTRIBUTE (not cause)  cancer.  Plus, yes, pollution and climate change DO have a known effect on some cancers -  melanoma, for example.    and please, don't tell me that a death from one kind of cancer is more tragic than a death from another type.   

• Love 16

Meghan is an honorary Real Housewife. 

52 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Meghan during the Housewives discussion -- "I don't think you should get rewarded for bad behaviour."   Bitch, please, we are living in the era of people getting rewarded for bad behaviour.  And that's how you're managing to hold on to this job of yours. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

I like that curing cancer is a priority for Biden.   But then when the point was made about pollution/climate change, Meghan had to speak up that BRAIN cancer isn't shown to have environmental causes.   

My annoyance came about because Meghan in particular brought it up. When it directly affects her or her family, that's when she cares the most. And it's not just this one instance, it's this and all the other times she mentions stuff and instead of just talking about it, she'll somehow find a way to include herself or her family in the conversation. I feel the same way @blondiec0332 feels about it:

1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

Curing cancer is something everyone wants to happen.  It's nice Biden wants to accomplish that but realistically is it something he can accomplish, probably not. 

• Love 10

Was it Joy who called out MyProducerBrian as being one of those people who just loves to be on tv?  Hey Brian -- you are a massive dork.  And a Meghan enabler.  So stay off my screen, loser. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
11 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Look out Wyoming! And Barbara too! Migraine McCain was ready to battle for Wyoming - she *absolutely* has no sense of humour. What an ass.

Lol...Joy doesn't like hearing Whoopi bitch about her bike woes either. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, SuzieSioux said:

Exactly, if so she would've done to Meghan what Meghan did when she kept piling on Joy's comment about mental illness and religion, or Sunny's asking why someone hadn't taken trump "out back". She badly wanted to get them into trouble for their comments. She is a vile, vile woman who doesn't deserve the friendship of others, even just in order to keep the peace. She needs to be held accountable for the things she says.

You know what really struck me in your post SS?  The phrase 'vile woman'.  Vile, to me is such a powerful descriptive word.  And then 'woman' especially because i do not like her being able to be classified i guess you could say as us.  She shames the word.  Too bad there is no bitch category.  I know theres good and theres bad.  But really, i think i threw up a little lol.

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, maybe, maybe not.  Do we know all the additive factors that cause any individual to get cancer?  no.  and more information is coming out every day about pesticides, pollution, additives in cosmetics and food, and how they may CONTRIBUTE (not cause)  cancer.  Plus, yes, pollution and climate change DO have a known effect on some cancers -  melanoma, for example.    and please, don't tell me that a death from one kind of cancer is more tragic than a death from another type.   

Just like they say, (and Im going to feck this up, sorry) that any plane crash you walk away from is a good flight. Which i guess could be applied to any emergency sitch, flight just applied to my sitch

• Love 2
1 hour ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Megs doesn't want anyone new coming on and ruining her Real Housewives show.  Kinda like I didn't want Megs coming on and ruining The View for me! Da damn bitch.😱

I actually agree with Megan on that point.  Real housewives cast is fine right now.  Had no idea Sunny was so passionate about Bethany LOL 😂 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I wanted say I'm not really a country music fan, but i love Faith Hill and Tim McGraw as a couple. I've heard them speak out on certain topics and I liked the view they had. I know people think Tim McGraw is sexy,  he's way to skinny for me to consider him sexy 😄.  Jon Meacham can call me anytime of the night and I'd pick up my phone. I never pick up my phone, but Jon Meacham has a sexy voice.😄

Ok I'll see myself out now.

• LOL 12
  • Love 7

The other day MM made a very convoluted point and the audience clapped for her.  She said in her screechy voice something like - Oh people are clapping for me!  That's the first time it's happened. (Not true - my opinion) The audience never claps for me, that's a nice change -         or something like that.  She actually has said similar things in the past.  Today she actually said something that made sense and in a reasonable tone, the audience clapped for her.  Why didn't she thank them? (Being sarcastic)

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

I have received those robo call before 8 am.  Caller ID use to come in handy for this.  Now they do all kinds of weird things changing the area code or even use your phone number.  

I wonder if maybe Megan just doesn’t get sarcasm .  I suffer from that at times.  

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Jon Meacham can call me anytime of the night and I'd pick up my phone. I never pick up my phone, but Jon Meacham has a sexy voice.😄

I'm with you Coffeewinewater.  And I don't think he's particularly tall, but I'll waive that preference.  Plus he's smart!

But hey, aren't you married?  I call first dibs, LOL!

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, fishsanwitt said:

Look out Wyoming! And Barbara too! Migraine McCain was ready to battle for Wyoming - she *absolutely* has no sense of humour. What an ass.

LOL! Not only did it show she has no sense of humor it showed she is too dense to understand what Barbara Walters was trying to point out--that not everyone cares about the same thing all the time and in the same way. The tragedy of 9/11 was one of those things that everyone in the US was affected by (or should have been).

• Love 17

Joy and Sunny converse about injuries in soccer.

Meghan says, I was never good at playing soccer.

Me thinking, huh? (Not an unusual reaction when it comes to MM)

It would be nice to replace her with someone who could carry on an intelligent conversation.

• LOL 12
  • Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, jalady said:

I'm with you Coffeewinewater.  And I don't think he's particularly tall, but I'll waive that preference.  Plus he's smart!

But hey, aren't you married?  I call first dibs, LOL!

Dammit. Yes, I'm married🤨 pesky details. Fine whatever🙄

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, longobongo said:

Exactly..as a for instance, today when they were talking about John Stewart's testimony before an empty congressional panel, she pointed out that Eric Swalwell (a Democrat) wasn't there because "gasp" he was out running for president. He was the only one she singled out for not being there. Here precious Repubs were ALL MIA and not a one of them is running for president. Why single out Swalwell only? Hippocrite. MM that is

Oh, I caught that. She's a crafty Toad for sure. Pissed me off. At first I thought that the others should have pointed out the Republicans were MIA. I know why they didn't,  it would have turned a very serious subject that everyone cares about into tit for tat. It would have looked petty.

Meghan has no shame.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, OnTime said:

I can now only watch the show when I record it.  Between the 99 commercials and the endless ramble at times, I must FF.  How does everyone else watch?

I always record it. If I'm home and feeling brave I watch in real time. I mostly watch after about 30 min in. There have been times I have read about it here and decided not today satan and just deleted 😈😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

When Whoopi was listing the reasons the phone rings at 2am she forgot one reason.  Someone wants laid.  Does she not know about bootie calls?

She acts like she invented them.  Maybe it was so "obvious" there was no need to mention it.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Had no idea Sunny was so passionate about Bethany LOL 😂

Haven't seen the show yet.  I hope she's passionately IN FAVOR of Bethenny. I'm at my "Cut-the-Cord" son's house and have to watch everything on my tablet.  I learned this morning that I've helped to go over his  _____________ limit.  Don't even know what it was; I've been online too much.

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, TheView said:

Meghan is an honorary Real Housewife. 

Pleeze, not RHONY, the only one I can still bear to watch.  Maybe she's a WANNABE on Beverly Hills and/or Orange County.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 6/11/2019 at 11:39 AM, General Days said:

I think Whoopi really likes Sunny, and vice versa.

Ummmm...I can't see that at all.  I see Sunny being very submissive--not wanting to have even a glare from Whoopi.  She laughs a bit too hard at anything Whoopi says that's even mildly entertaining.  Whoopi is definitely the Alpha on the panel and where she's concerned, Sunny plays the Omega too often.  It's embarrassing.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Haven't seen the show yet.  I hope she's passionately IN FAVOR of Bethenny

Don't you remember last year something happened in the Hamptons (I think it was the Hamptons) between Sunny and Bethenny?

• Love 6