Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/10/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Just now, rickhurst3186 said:

Damn y'all, where's Ana????

Maybe Ana saw what Meghan is wearing and refused to be on the same set??  WTF is that and where do her clothes come from - please let me know so I don't shop there!!   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Kenz said:

I thought that Meghan's husband lives in Washington DC, and she lives in New York, so they commute on weekends. If that's so, she could have given some insight to the topic on hand instead of just saying that's for rich people.

As others have pointed out, Whoopi seems to about have had it with the Arizona Princess, and I always look at the faces of Ana and Sunny when Meghan is on a tirade. They look like they are embarrassed that the toddler is misbehaving.

Good point. She could have given mature insight about having to live separately as her parents also would have done that a fair bit too when her father was in Wash. 

• Love 17

Well, Whoopi went and got on my nerves again talking about Wendy Williams.  Word salad just spewed out of her mouth and then she goes and steals the word "empathy" from Deborah Roberts. 

Whoopi: "Empathy y'all. Remember the word".

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, deirdra said:

Someone should keep track of how much Miss DoIGetToSpeak? actually speaks and talks over others. Last Friday she must have been yapping 1/3 of the time, much more than her fair share. She thinks she deserves to speak and also interject something into each of the other panelists' time and throws a hissyfit when prevented from continuing.

Miss DoIGetToSpeak needs to hook up with the 'Cash Me Outside' chick.  Maybe take it on the road lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Anyone else notice that after Meggy has a bad week they seem to have a guest(s) that knew her father and she has some history with?  Today it was John Meacham.  It's like parents who give their kid a toy to stop a tantrum.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 12
14 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Anyone else notice that after Meggy has a bad week they seem to have a guest(s) that knew her father and she has some history with?  Today it was John Meacham.  It's like parents who give their kid a toy to stop a tantrum.

I was wondering if there is ANYONE that Meghan has not interned for?  It seems like she has interned with everyone involved in news or politics!!  

Also wonder how her current bosses at ABC or previous ones at Fox feel about her saying that John Meacham was her "most favorite boss ever"??

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
20 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I was wondering if there is ANYONE that Meghan has not interned for?  It seems like she has interned with everyone involved in news or politics!!  

Meachum and SNL.  Which I'm sure Meghan got those jobs simply on her own merits.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
(edited)

I'm not sure John Dean ever truly went to prison, contrary to what Meghan and Whoopi said on today's episode.

He pleaded  guilty, and was supposed to serve time in a minimum-security prison, but when he surrendered to the authorities, US Marshals took him to a safe house instead (like where prosecutors keep mob witnesses safe), and he spent his days helping the Special Prosecutor at Jaworski's office. His sentence was later reduced to time served. I suppose that qualifies as being jailed (and to be fair, Meghan might have said "jail"). 

1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Regarding the husband and wife living separately most of the week. Meghan's little quip "rich people problems",  she would know, right? Isn't that basically how her family lived growing up?  living in one of their many homes in middle America,  border state Arizona? While her father lived in one of their other homes in the swamp of DC?

Thank you. She was born in '84. Her dad was entered the House in 82 and the Senate in 87. She went to school in Arizona. I remember her talking about it when Aidy Bryant was on the show a few weeks ago, so she wasn't one of these politicians kids who went to DC schools. She grew up in this life, with her parents spending a lot of time apart.

53 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Meacham and McGraw are making the rounds. They were on Morning Joe today, too. 

29 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Jon Meacham didn't seem to recall that Meghan had been 'his' intern at Newsweek.  He did remember her on Daddy's plane.

The anecdote he told was that when he was on the campaign plane in 2008, and Meacham said, Senator McCain complained that the bylines were too small. He (John McCain) was trying to print out everything Meghan had written (at Cindy's request). 

I thought he just seemed more surprised at how much time had passed (15 years) since she was his intern. So she must have been his intern before 2008. Did she later work (as opposed to intern) at Newsweek? 

Edited by General Days
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, bella1716 said:

I went to a live taping last July in 2018 and kinda have some tea. I'm not sure which date but it was the show where it was Joy's turn to share her fave book reccomendations for their "ladies get lit" segment, there was also a segment about a old MAGA guy telling a puerto rican he's not american.. thats all i remember. 

When we were at commercial break, Megan looked like she was yelling HARD at Whoopi, finger waving/pointing and everything and Whoopi just looked confused and trying to explain herself. There was a producer at the table and Megan was doing the same to the producer. I have no idea what they were talking about because the segment didn't have any fights. Sunny Sara and Joy were just sitting there getting themselves touched up like none of my business loll. 

Joy came to our side and was really funny talking about how the people in the Hampton's NY are filthy rich and Megan overheard and started laughing really loud and then Joy started laughing at Megan laughing lol. So i actually do believe Megan when she says she likes Joy. Megan later went to Joy's seat because she wanted a selfie with her and they were chatting. 

There was a girl in the audience who had Sunny's long lost yearbook and gave it to Sunny. Turns out she's the daughter of one of her friends from high school or college can't remember. Funny part was she put her resume in the yearbook. That gave everyone a good laugh. Sunny was so excited and kind about it. 

Last thing I'll say, Sara was gorgeousss and I sincerely miss her. She is a true moderate. I think she should come back and replace Abby and then maybe do her show on GMA at the same time or something 😭

I disagree with a lot here that Meghan full on hates Joy.  When speaking politics - yes.  Otherwise, I really feel Meghan craves Joy's attention and approval.  She's always desperately making comments about how she and Joy are so alike, wants to take pics with her, etc.  I think Joy dislikes Meghan on a personal level, unlike the rest of the cast, and Meghan sees that Joy keeps her at a distance.  She's like a little girl wanting mother's approval.  Joy's the OG and is beloved by the majority of The View audience, thus the queen bee.  Meghan wants that acceptance because deep down she's still that high school girl.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh honey she will be paying alimony to that rat bastard husband of hers before it is all over with. NYC is not community property. heh heh heh. 

But if his primary residence is DC (as stated upthread), which states' laws prevails?

11 hours ago, bella1716 said:

Would y'all think I'm crazy for wanting Elizabeth back? like yea i disagree with her on everything but she had her fair share of funny and professional moments. She was stupid but not disrespectful and arrogant. Basically like Abby except Elizabeth has personality and passion. She was a way better interviewer than Megan. Also, she would bring in hardcore christians like herself and evangelicals who made up a lot of Trump's base to watch the show and have to listen to Sunny's facts. Thoughts? please don't throw tomatoes at me

No offense, but if one republican leaves I don't understand why we need another full timer.  At this point, when Ana's on the republican are in the majority.  Ana's cool now, but I don't believe for a second she won't return to the obnoxious Ana I recall from Bill Maher's show if Jeb Bush gets in the race again, or some other "reasonable" republican.  I don't consider 
Whoopi a democrat or a republican.  She's primarily a libertarian - don't tell me what to do and don't you dare tax my money.  She only cares about things that affect her personally.  So Whoops is supportive of some social systems but not others.  And you can't convince me she even cares about social systems if it means she'll pay higher taxes.

There's one liberal on this show, not three - no matter what Meghan likes to shriek.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I disagree with a lot here that Meghan full on hates Joy.  When speaking politics - yes.  Otherwise, I really feel Meghan craves Joy's attention and approval.  She's always desperately making comments about how she and Joy are so alike, wants to take pics with her, etc.  I think Joy dislikes Meghan on a personal level, unlike the rest of the cast, and Meghan sees that Joy keeps her at a distance.  She's like a little girl wanting mother's approval.  Joy's the OG and is beloved by the majority of The View audience, thus the queen bee.  Meghan wants that acceptance because deep down she's still that high school girl.

I agree! 

The problem is Joy can't be fake. She hates you on TV and she hates you in real life. There's no separating the two.

I, too, have noticed MM being nice/complimentary to Joy. Joy, in turn, scoffs or rolls her eyes.

I know that Joy-lovers will brush those niceties aside with "MM's being fake." But why can't we accept the possibility that Joy is the one that keeps the wall between them after-hours.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

But if his primary residence is DC (as stated upthread), which states' laws prevails?

No offense, but if one republican leaves I don't understand why we need another full timer.  At this point, when Ana's on the republican are in the majority.  Ana's cool now, but I don't believe for a second she won't return to the obnoxious Ana I recall from Bill Maher's show if Jeb Bush gets in the race again, or some other "reasonable" republican.  I don't consider 
Whoopi a democrat or a republican.  She's primarily a libertarian - don't tell me what to do and don't you dare tax my money.  She only cares about things that affect her personally.  So Whoops is supportive of some social systems but not others.  And you can't convince me she even cares about social systems if it means she'll pay higher taxes.

There's one liberal on this show, not three - no matter what Meghan likes to shriek.

DC's not even a state. They were married in AZ. My guess is their primary residence is in NY. Does one need to even be in DC to publish a shitty fake news blog? Regardless, I'm sure Meghan has an iron-clad prenup. He's not getting his paws on that beer money.

37 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I agree with the first part. I also think Meghan performs hatred/outrage at Joy a lot, for her perceived audience. I don't think Joy did dislike Meghan on a personal level. I think she tried hard for a long time. It was only when her good humor was treated like shit, and when Meghan did her real dirty on-air that Joy started holding back. 

In the beginning of Meg's reign of terror, a lot of Joy's jokes weren't on Meghan, they were an attempt to get Meghan to laugh, and Meghan chose to take offense instead.

The dynamic really changed after the hair-flipping and "It's your job to listen to me" nonsense.

Back to your first point, I feel the same  way about Whoopi and Sunny.  I think Whoopi really likes Sunny, and vice versa. I just don't think Whoopi is usually all that great at moderating (although I think she's been stepping up her game lately). 

Apparently my word of the day is "shit."

And trust me, it fits.

• Love 19
7 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

I agree 100%.  And instead of giving advice to the Democratic party why doesn't Meghan give advice to  her own party?  If she hates Trump so  much then why not work to take her party back from him?  Like you said it's all a game to her.  If she was so "pro-life" then why not work to help prevent unwanted pregnancies?  Why not work to have better prenatal care?  No she would rather scream 'I'm pro-life" and proclaim no woman should have an abortion and then never give another thought to those women and what will happen to them.  She truly is a horrible person.

ore she could admit she's lying about being pro life

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/washington-whispers/2012/07/13/meghan-mccain-is-a-democrat-she-just-doesnt-know-it

https://www.mediaite.com/online/young-turks-host-reveals-meghan-mccain-is-lying-about-abortion-beliefs-told-her-something-different-in-private/

5 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Terrible idea.

I would never watch again. I can still hear bitsy's voice screeching about Obama and Reverend Wright. 

lol! Then i think tara Setmayer and Ana should come on premaritally. or Ana and Sara Haines if she could come back

• Love 9
1 hour ago, General Days said:

DC's not even a state. They were married in AZ. My guess is their primary residence is in NY. Does one need to even be in DC to publish a shitty fake news blog? Regardless, I'm sure Meghan has an iron-clad prenup. He's not getting his paws on that beer money.

I agree with the first part. I also think Meghan performs hatred/outrage at Joy a lot, for her perceived audience. I don't think Joy did dislike Meghan on a personal level. I think she tried hard for a long time. It was only when her good humor was treated like shit, and when Meghan did her real dirty on-air that Joy started holding back. 

In the beginning of Meg's reign of terror, a lot of Joy's jokes weren't on Meghan, they were an attempt to get Meghan to laugh, and Meghan chose to take offense instead.

The dynamic really changed after the hair-flipping and "It's your job to listen to me" nonsense.

Back to your first point, I feel the same  way about Whoopi and Sunny.  I think Whoopi really likes Sunny, and vice versa. I just don't think Whoopi is usually all that great at moderating (although I think she's been stepping up her game lately). 

Apparently my word of the day is "shit."

And trust me, it fits.

So according to Ladies Who Punch book, Gayle King was supposed to be hired as moderator but Whoopi was chosen instead. I would love to see a real moderator who doesn't take shit handle Meghan. I'd love to see even a guest or a guest cohost call out Meghan

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, bella1716 said:

From that article:

On abortion: "I personally am pro-life, but I don't want to repeal Roe v. Wade. I think there would be riots in the streets. It's such a private choice for a woman and I don't like telling people how they should live their lives. Talking about abortion makes me uncomfortable, the vaginal probe [issue] makes me uncomfortable, and it shames women."

I would love for someone at that table to remind Meghan of that quote.

• Love 17

OMG, lather, rinse, repeat.  State your previous personal very close relationship to the guest (who's your best friend, best boss, best WHATEVAH).  Check.  Have the guest offer condolences for your father's death, an anecdote about your father or - bonus - BOTH.  Check.  Then make the topic about you.  Check.  Everyone else could talk about the Wendy Williams story in general terms (e.g., live by the sword, die by the sword).  But HRH of Arizona had to make it about her - I told them when I joined the show I wouldn't talk about my personal life.  NO ONE CARES.  Just give us "your View" on the topic!

As a personal challenge to myself, I'm going to stop commenting on her regular narcissistic behavior and just talk about the other hosts and the guests.  Unless she says/does something REALLY moronic and different.  Let's see if I can make it until they go on summer vacation 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 18
54 minutes ago, bella1716 said:

So according to Ladies Who Punch book, Gayle King was supposed to be hired as moderator but Whoopi was chosen instead

Gayle King probably gets on her knees* every day to thank whomever selected Whoopi.

*In prayer and gratitude.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I don't think Joy HATES Meghan, but it's clear she doesn't LIKE her.  As to "keeping up the wall,"  what is she supposed to do?  Force a friendship with someone who disrespected her so many times?  Remember, Meghan on her first day said she was ready to battle with Joy, and talked about taking Elizabeth's seat, and how much she loved the Bitsy/Rosie split screen.  A clear signal that she wanted that kind of "moment"  with Joy.   That's not exactly the same as "I look forward to working with you."  It's more like "I look forward to taking you DOWN."  WHY in the world would someone like Joy WANT a friendship with Meghan?

THIS!  A thousand times!!!   Thankew, Tinkerbell!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, jalady said:

OMG, lather, rinse, repeat.  State your previous personal very close relationship to the guest (who's your best friend, best boss, best WHATEVAH).  Check.  Have the guest offer condolences for your father's death, an anecdote about your father or - bonus - BOTH.  Check.  Then make the topic about you.  Check.  Everyone else could talk about the Wendy Williams story in general terms (e.g., live by the sword, die by the sword).  But HRH of Arizona had to make it about her - I told them when I joined the show I wouldn't talk about my personal life.  NO ONE CARES.  Just give us "your View" on the topic!

As a personal challenge to myself, I'm going to stop commenting on her regular narcissistic behavior and just talk about the other hosts and the guests.  Unless she says/does something REALLY moronic and different.  Let's see if I can make it until they go on summer vacation 😂

It's hard to do. I've just started watching less. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I am not sure what you are saying.   I don't think Joy HATES Meghan, but it's clear she doesn't LIKE her. 

Sorry. My fault. I regularly use the word hate when I mean doesn't like. Not the first time I get called out on it. Don't know why I do it, I just do. FTR, I don't hate anyone or anything.

3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

As to "keeping up the wall,"  what is she supposed to do?  Force a friendship with someone who disrespected her so many times?  Remember, Meghan on her first day said she was ready to battle with Joy, and talked about taking Elizabeth's seat, and how much she loved the Bitsy/Rosie split screen.  A clear signal that she wanted that kind of "moment"  with Joy.   That's not exactly the same as "I look forward to working with you."  It's more like "I look forward to taking you DOWN."  WHY in the world would someone like Joy WANT a friendship with Meghan?  

You see, the thing is (😉) I think they were hired to play a role. I think MM was hired to be the stern conservative; to contradict the liberals; to fight her stance; to fight Joy, in particular; to create waves and controversy, which would be noticed by the media. Shes doing what I think she's been hired to do (minus the shrieking). *I* think she's willing to leave that at the table, but because she comes across so aggressive Joy has taken it personally. Can't say I blame Joy. I probably would, too. Politics aside, MM is a hard pill to swallow. She's too aggressive and she's got to work on her RBF.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

That video they showed about Trump dissing John Dean made me sick for another reason. Right behind Trump was our (IN) governor grinning like an idiot. (He’s usually a reasonable guy.). And next to Trump was the (French) winner of the Indy 500. He must have been thrilled to be there. I know the owner is a friend of Trump’s and probably forced the whole team to show up. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 8

Was I missing the point of the Wendy Williams hot topic?   Wasn’t the point that she (Wendy) talks about other famous people private lives?  Not that Wendy talks about her own personal life.  Wasn’t that Wendy was referring to?   Whoopie and Megan made the segment into something totally different. 

Honestly I liked Wendy in the past.  Have not watched her show forever so not sure how it is now but there was a point that she was brutal about celebrity gossip.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, OpalNightstream said:

This show needs some Asian representation.  They talk about diversity daily and often have guests that never fail to mention how no one “looks like me.” However they rarely, if ever mention The lack of Asians on tv, in movies and magazines. I’m half Asian and believe me, not many people look like me either!

That reminds me...the lady from Project Runway said that today. I could not take my eyes off her gigantic hair. Why would anyone add that many extensions to their hair? It made her head as wide as her shoulders.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

I have to agree with those who’ve said that Meghan is worse than Bitsy.  As I recall, Bitsy was most consistently disrespectful to Rosie.    

In this current iteration, “Nutmeg” had been disrespectful to everyone—even guest hosts with the exception of Abby (her BFF) and Whoopi whom she wouldn’t dare to cross.

About Joy, yes, she’s guarded because “Nutmeg” does not hesitate to throw her under the proverbial bus in for her own gain and publicity. I will NEVER forget when she said to Joy, “You’re paid  to listen to me."  Not the way to win friends and influence people, little “Nutmeg.”

I think the biggest problem with “Nutmeg” is she has trouble forgetting she’s John McCain's daughter.  Like him or not, John McCain earned the respect he garnered.   For whatever reason, Nutmeg McCain thinks that being his daughter entitles her to more respect and latitude than even a Bitsy whose biggest claim to fame was a Survivor finalist!  Not so fast, little Nutmeg McCain, not so fast. 

Just by casual observation, Nutmeg McCain has tried to assert her privilege way too soon when she has really needed to step back and learn from the other hosts whether or not she agrees socially and politically.  With the exception of Abby, none of them seem to be particularly impressed with Nutmeg regardless of her bloodline because she has been so dismissive and disrespectful. Even her dad, Nutmeg McCain senior knew better.😁 May he R.I.P. 

Edited by kiddo
Edited because I'm on my second glass of wine!
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

McCain’s “political insight” is so repetitive and hollow. She can’t even come up with new phrasing. I think I’ve heard her say “this doesn’t move the needle” at least a thousand times. We get it already, you’re Trump’s cheerleader. Even a videotape of rape or murder wouldn’t “move the needle” for you—just say it and stop pretending.

Everyone here was talking about Meacham being a McCain asskiss, but I was only looking forward to seeing Tim McGraw. I mostly didn’t pay attention to the show past the first 10 minutes because neither Joy or Ana were there. I like Sunny, but she can’t lift this show by herself.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, tribeca said:

Was I missing the point of the Wendy Williams hot topic?   Wasn’t the point that she (Wendy) talks about other famous people private lives?  Not that Wendy talks about her own personal life.  Wasn’t that Wendy was referring to?   Whoopie and Megan made the segment into something totally different. 

Honestly I liked Wendy in the past.  Have not watched her show forever so not sure how it is now but there was a point that she was brutal about celebrity gossip.  

I think they were trying to be nice about her because they all seem to like her and she's been a guest co-host on the show before, but yeah, I couldn't really figure out how Meghan and Whoopi's comments fit with what Wendy said in the clip. 

I haven't watched her show much since last year, but I don't think she's anywhere near as brutal as she was when she was on the radio.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

i dont understand why they made it a segment at all. Theres a huge massacre in Sudan right now where children are being gang raped and forced to drink sewage water for one. Maybe talk about that??? Secondly, it was awkward. "Hey heres a friend of our show looking and sounding like a hot mess.....oh and btw she kinda deserves it"

1 hour ago, OnTime said:

Meghan, you are not the same size as Victoria Beckham so stop wearing something that she can wear. Also the fake hair isn't making you look any thinner.

She looked slimmer with her natural hair actually. But maybe it wouldn't look good now since I'm pretty sure she gained weight since last year

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Sorry. My fault. I regularly use the word hate when I mean doesn't like. Not the first time I get called out on it. Don't know why I do it, I just do. FTR, I don't hate anyone or anything.

Most of my life I've said "hate," when I just mean "don't like."  I don't think I hate anyone/anything either.  My mother and most adults around me used that word when they simply didn't like or agree with something--and so it stuck with me.  I've tried to change over the years.  I can usually hold back when I'm writing, but I don't think I do (always) in converstion.  My mother also used the word "anxious," when she was waiting for something--good or bad.  I didn't realize the meaning that word either--until well into adulthood.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

You see, the thing is (😉) I think they were hired to play a role. I think MM was hired to be the stern conservative; to contradict the liberals; to fight her stance; to fight Joy, in particular; to create waves and controversy, which would be noticed by the media. Shes doing what I think she's been hired to do (minus the shrieking). *I* think she's willing to leave that at the table, but because she comes across so aggressive Joy has taken it personally. Can't say I blame Joy. I probably would, too. Politics aside, MM is a hard pill to swallow. She's too aggressive and she's got to work on her RBF.

Read more  

But JOy wasn't hired to play a role.   Joy is Joy, she's been there forever (minus a few years).  JOy isn't saying "as a liberal, I think.."  she just says what she thinks.  Meghan has attacked her, been rude to her, and Joy has no use for people like that.  

I agree, Tinkerbell.  For those who haven't watched the show since the beginning--or at least the early-early days, perhaps reading "The Ladies who Punch" would be helpful.  Barbara Walters simply wanted women of different ages sitting around the table discussing "life."   Bill Geddie brought in a "conservative" voice because he's a conservative and was infatuated with Elisabeth.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
37 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I agree, Tinkerbell.  For those who haven't watched the show since the beginning--or at least the early-early days, perhaps reading "The Ladies who Punch" would be helpful.  Barbara Walters simply wanted women of different ages sitting around the table discussing "life."   Bill Geddie brought in a "conservative" voice because he's a conservative and was infatuated with Elisabeth.

Is there a thread where we can talk about the book?

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Most of my life I've said "hate," when I just mean "don't like."  I don't think I hate anyone/anything either.  My mother and most adults around me used that word when they simply didn't like or agree with something--and so it stuck with me.  I've tried to change over the years.  I can usually hold back when I'm writing, but I don't think I do (always) in converstion.  My mother also used the word "anxious," when she was waiting for something--good or bad.  I didn't realize the meaning that word either--until well into adulthood.

Thx for understanding 😊

Btw, I  grew up with the same understanding of the word anxious. I used to use it when I really meant eager. As an adult, I now use it correctly, tho.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, OpalNightstream said:

This show needs some Asian representation.  They talk about diversity daily and often have guests that never fail to mention how no one “looks like me.” However they rarely, if ever mention The lack of Asians on tv, in movies and magazines. I’m half Asian and believe me, not many people look like me either!

they had lisa ling and that was it. They could use someone like her back. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, bella1716 said:

i dont understand why they made it a segment at all. Theres a huge massacre in Sudan right now where children are being gang raped and forced to drink sewage water for one. Maybe talk about that??? Secondly, it was awkward. "Hey heres a friend of our show looking and sounding like a hot mess.....oh and btw she kinda deserves it"

I agree. They really come up with the most insipid topics.  Whoopi mocks the topic when she introduces it.  How about exerting some influence and get some real hot topics happening?

• Love 11

It seems like they only have room for one serious topic at the top of the show, and nearly always that's going to be some recent Trump antic.  Then following a bunch of commercials they'll try to balance the serious talk with banter about something dumb that no one really wants to discuss.  It's also a chance to bring Meg down from her high dudgeon.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
12 hours ago, kiddo said:

I have to agree with those who’ve said that Meghan is worse than Bitsy.  As I recall, Bitsy was most consistently disrespectful to Rosie.    

In this current iteration, “Nutmeg” had been disrespectful to everyone—even guest hosts with the exception of Abby (her BFF) and Whoopi whom she wouldn’t dare to cross.

About Joy, yes, she’s guarded because “Nutmeg” does not hesitate to throw her under the proverbial bus in for her own gain and publicity. I will NEVER forget when she said to Joy, “You’re paid  to listen to me."  Not the way to win friends and influence people, little “Nutmeg.”

I think the biggest problem with “Nutmeg” is she has trouble forgetting she’s John McCain's daughter.  Like him or not, John McCain earned the respect he garnered.   For whatever reason, Nutmeg McCain thinks that being his daughter entitles her to more respect and latitude than even a Bitsy whose biggest claim to fame was a Survivor finalist!  Not so fast, little Nutmeg McCain, not so fast. 

Just by casual observation, Nutmeg McCain has tried to assert her privilege way too soon when she has really needed to step back and learn from the other hosts whether or not she agrees socially and politically.  With the exception of Abby, none of them seem to be particularly impressed with Nutmeg regardless of her bloodline because she has been so dismissive and disrespectful. Even her dad, Nutmeg McCain senior knew better.😁 May he R.I.P. 

Meghan has bee rude to everyone, even her bff Abby. I still remember the look on Abby's face , looked like she wanted to cry. I think she's even been rude to Whoopi.  I do think she's scared of her but Meghan's shitty attitude oozes out. When she asked " I don't get chance to speak?" It was clearly imo a way of saying to her defenders, see everyone gets a chance but me. Then we will see Twitter or right wing media call out Whoopi for not giving the Republican at the table the same time to talk. We all know she can jump in anytime but likes to have the last word. She sat there waiting to share her "brilliance" with but oops they ran out of time. Meghan's an idiot but she knows how to phrase things to get attention. "Late term abortions". 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15