Type keyword(s) to search

Who Will Stop Watching?

• Start Topic

If they are depending on Kyle, Teddi and Dorito they are in deep trouble. They have nothing going on in their lives other than lawsuits.

As we had seen last season. The bedrock friendships and family connections that were the basis of this show are gone and now you just have a collection of ransoms. You might as well make a show about the people riding on a crosstown bus. In fact that would be a lot more interesting than this motley crew from the Island of Misfit Toys.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd
  • Love 7

They have nothing going on in their lives other than lawsuits.

They still have their family stuff, their businesses to promote, their social lives, etc. What did LVP bring to the table that these women aren't?

This idea that the show can’t go on without one person is beyond ridiculous.

Yeah. From the start, this version of the franchise was basically rich(ish) women who (mostly) had some ties to the entertainment industry doing rich(ish) women things. Which it still is.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

They still have their family stuff, their businesses to promote, their social lives, etc. What did LVP bring to the table that these women aren't?

Yeah. From the start, this version of the franchise was basically rich(ish) women who (mostly) had some ties to the entertainment industry doing rich(ish) women things. Which it still is.

Pretty much. I loved LVP on the show, but I’m sorry I totally disagree that all the rest have to offer is toe nail clipping.

I like seeing women like Erika and Dorit. You never know what they’ll be wearing or what kind of hair and makeup to expect. They’re like real life Barbies. I know some may not care, but I’m very much into beauty and fashion. Erika is intriguing because she is quite different from the others, and you never know how she’ll react to situations. I also enjoy seeing Dorit’s adorable children. They make me melt every time. I’m also curious to learn more about Dorit’s life growing up. She is of Israeli descent, has been all over the world, and didn’t get married until her late 30’s. I like Rinna’s humor. I like that she’s open about her shit stirring. I enjoy seeing Kyle’s close-knit family. She loves the heck out of her children. Kyle and Teddi have a real friendship. I’m curious to learn more about how they bonded so quickly. Denise is a sweet person, and she’s probably the most famous on the show. She’s got tons of stories and knows so many people. She’s got a super hot husband who is also great with her kids. It was cool to see Patrick Muldoon at her wedding. All of this stuff is fun for me to watch, but to each his own I suppose.

• Love 8

I’m definitely still in! I have seen people complaining about all the actors, but to me it wouldn’t have  the Beverly Hills feel if there weren’t famous actors attached. 

I’m currently in like with Rinna (aka “The Fun Lisa”), Erika, Denise (LOVE), and Garcelle, pending her official RH debut. Hell, even Dorit and her awful personality/faux accent/style have a place in my ideal RHOBH, she knows how to bring the luxury.

I feel like the title of this thread should really be “Who Will Actually Stop Watching?” Remember, folks:  Hate-watching is still watching. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I feel like the title of this thread should really be “Who Will Actually Stop Watching?” Remember, folks:  Hate-watching is still watching. 

Ha!

Based on the ratings, I guess the answer would be "Not a whole lot of people".

• Love 5

There are many people who will not watch. They just won’t be heard because you can’t prove a negative. Those people will still be heard on Social Media.  

I wonder how much these grifters will enjoy their stardom when so many people despise  them.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

But if the ratings don't change much...then that means they weren't watching to start with...or, as link417 pointed out, they are hate watching...or are still watching but saying they aren't watching.

It does seem like it's only the same couple of hundred people saying they aren't going to watch...

I wonder how much these grifters will enjoy their stardom when so many people despise  them.

I'm guessing quite well as there are an equal number of people who enjoy them and like them?

• Love 6

What I hoped the powers that be learned from this is to not put all your story line eggs in one basket.  If it implodes you're screwed.

I'll stay.  I have to confess they're all just varying pieces on the chessboard to me.

But I will miss the swans.

• Love 5

I have not quit watching solely because of LVP's departure, but because I find all the deliberate backstabbing, bullying, lying, and truth-twisting (which seemed to be the entire repertoire of vile kyle's gang of flunkies) reprehensible. Before this last season, there seemed to always be some acknowledgement of their being more than one legitimate POV to many of the issues that arose, but this time it was as if the wagons were circled to protect that idiot dorito from being held accountable for what she actually did. Just because LVP gave dorito a pass on the $5k penalty for not returning the dog to VPD does not mean the way dorito got rid of the dog was suddenly OK. I have never cared for vile kyle's elitist attitude and, at times, flat out nasty behavior. I loved rinna in DOL, but hate her on RHBH - and now there is nothing to balance that out or, more preferably, shut her up. Teddi is two-faced, apparently with vile's approval, dorito is stupid and in continual denial about any person accountability for anything, erika is vanilla pudding, denise at first appeared to have some value as a fresh attitude, but has now indulged in the kool-aid, so there is just no one worth my time. What will probably now be a flood of TMCFR appearances is the final nail in the coffin - never want to see her on my screen for anything. So, farewell RHBH.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23

Let's see. New blood. Two people I've never heard of. Thrilling!

Actually, I don't think anyone new they bring in would convince me to watch. The leftover bunch is too opprobrious to me, and I can't stomach any more of them, specifically Kyle and Teddi.

I see they are patting themselves on the back so hard they are getting scoliosis, but I'll bet when they see the ratings they will finally be disabused of their fantasies of being just so special.

Kyle’s "truth" and Teddi's "accountability" are straw men, and I have hay fever.

• Love 18

I really don’t think they have much of a show. These women don’t have any real connection.

So much of what is going on in their life has to be hidden. The burden of being so phony all the time will be very hard to endure. The only storyline that they will have will be petty arguments reminiscent of the Erika panty story.

I won’t watch but will turn up here to see the reaction.

• Love 12

I’m not watching. I find all of the women boring, nasty, and phony. While the last straw for me was the way they treated LVP, it wasn’t about LVP herself, but just the blatant stupidity, immaturity, & ruthless gang mentality displayed. Where is the fun in this? I’m grossed out by all of them, really. RHONY & RHOD are much more entertaining. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Question could be "Who already stopped watching?" My hand is up. I can't relate to these women at all. 

Sad. But...a new cast brings a new dynamic and new viewers. Og viewers like me will just find something else to watch or rewatch past seasons. Bummer it has to end but everything has a season I guess.

• Love 9

For me, it's not a question of not watching because LVP is gone.

It's just like the OC franchise. It's gotten boring, scripted and the cast members are not interesting. Boring stories, boring lives, too many small, obnoxious children being featured. If I want to see spoiled, smart mouth brats I can watch reruns of The Nanny(the show with the attractive British Nanny Jo who was good, if not great, working with children and frazzled stupid parents).

So, as with all of the HoWives franchises, I have now begun watching them only during commercial breaks from the OTHER shows I'm watching that I actually like. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
On 9/3/2019 at 11:49 AM, The Ringo Kidd said:

You might as well make a show about the people riding on a crosstown bus. In fact that would be a lot more interesting than this motley crew from the Island of Misfit Toys.

Spot on RingoKidd! LOL!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

For me, it's not a question of not watching because LVP is gone.

Just from reading on various forums, twitter and instagram there is an equal mix of people who are leaving because LVP is no longer on the show and those who just don't want to watch the remaining cast.

I am of the latter group, but LVP does have her loyal fans who were disgusted with the way she was treated this season. 

As Andy says, there is no housewife that is irreplacable, and the show will surely go on, but it looks like the BH franchise is taking a hit. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
On 9/8/2019 at 11:54 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

I’m not watching. I find all of the women boring, nasty, and phony. While the last straw for me was the way they treated LVP, it wasn’t about LVP herself, but just the blatant stupidity, immaturity, & ruthless gang mentality displayed. Where is the fun in this? I’m grossed out by all of them, really. RHONY & RHOD are much more entertaining. 

Same here. I've enjoyed LVP but never considered myself a superfan. That changed this season.  The others were so obnoxious I felt for LVP even more.

• Love 21

Just from reading on various forums, twitter and instagram there is an equal mix of people who are leaving because LVP is no longer on the show and those who just don't want to watch the remaining cast.

I feel like it's the same couple of hundred people posting all over the internet how done they are with the show (for whatever reason). The ratings certainly didn't seem to reflect the online feelings of fans.

Granted, there are also many comments from people who are glad LVP is gone and/or will keep watching, so who knows.

• Love 6
59 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Waves to Walnutqueen: Hello!

I was a tad worried about you and the critters because I haven't seen you around.  I figured it was because you're done with the show. 

Giving my best Queenly wave and a "Hellooo" (in the voice of Jon Stewart impersonating The Queen).

You're probably right about being done with the show, but I'd never abandon my RHoBH forum peeps.  I was just temporarily sidelined by a series of unfortunate events - nothing too serious, and the critters are all fine.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 13
11 hours ago, renatae said:

So much this. I forgot to mention my outright disgust for Rinna..., her more recent avidity every time she sees someone, especially LVP, taken down, and her machinations have left me completely revolted.

That's the perfect description; there's something creepy in her eagerness to see people brought low.

I was so much her fan, especially when Kim brought up the "what about the husband" stuff.

I also used to really like her,  but she's done so many repulsive things (and done them shamelessly) that there's nothing left but disgust when I see her gloopy-lipsticked trashcan of a mouth open,  ready to belch forth yet more shady shit (from religious mockery to body-shaming/misogyny  - "fat hoarders with fifty cats and no teeth and they couldn't find their vaginas if they tried" - to roping her elderly mother into that middle-aged Mean Girl "Goodbye Kyle"  bullshit, to savaging her castmates, etc etc etc.) And she seems willing to lie about anything to the media,  no matter how serious the subject:

“I lost a role on a BIG TV series because I wouldn’t bend over a chair in a producers office for ‘just a quickie.’ "Just pull your panties down and bend over and the role is yours’ he said to me.” Lisa Rinna interview, 2010.

“I am one of the lucky ones. I’ve never been in that position.” Lisa Rinna on twitter, 2017

She thinks she's playing the media machine like a boss, only to be bitten in her lying ass when her own words come back to haunt her.  I don't believe women are required to divulge their sexual history (and how they handled being raped, molested or harassed) but if you choose to brazenly lie about it, don't be surprised if people find it morally questionable.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 22
59 minutes ago, film noire said:

That's the perfect description; there's something creepy in her eagerness to see people brought low.

I also used to really like her,  but she's done so many repulsive things (and done them shamelessly) that there's nothing left but disgust when I see her gloopy-lipsticked trashcan of a mouth open,  ready to belch forth yet more shady shit (from religious mockery to body-shaming/misogyny  - "fat hoarders with fifty cats and no teeth and they couldn't find their vaginas if they tried" - to roping her elderly mother into that middle-aged Mean Girl "Goodbye Kyle"  bullshit, to savaging her castmates, etc etc etc.) And she seems willing to lie about anything to the media,  no matter how serious the subject:

“I lost a role on a BIG TV series because I wouldn’t bend over a chair in a producers office for ‘just a quickie.’ "Just pull your panties down and bend over and the role is yours’ he said it me.” Lisa Rinna interview, 2010.

“I am one of the lucky ones. I’ve never been in that position.” Lisa Rinna on twitter, 2017

She thinks she's playing the media machine like a boss, only to be bitten in her lying ass when her own words come back to haunt her.  I don't believe women are required to divulge their sexual history (and how they handled being raped, molested or harassed) but if you choose to brazenly lie about it, don't be surprised if people find it morally questionable.

I wonder if she blocked that out of her head? It is indeed very strange. Maybe she meant she didn’t have an experience as bad as some of the other women in the business, or her mother?

I’ve been fortunate to never have that stereotypical back alley rape or anything of the sort. However, as most women, I’ve had what is considered harassment happen numerous times. I don’t always know what to say regarding my experiences. Somethings I forget about certain instances until something triggers my memory, sometimes it’s uncomfortable to discuss so I don’t, and then there are things I don’t want to be dramatic about even if they did leave me feeling violated. 

Didn’t LVP also say she’d never experienced anyone getting physical with her until Brandi slapped her in the face, and then like the following season said she’d experienced domestic violence with her boyfriend prior to Ken twice and then left? That’s another inconsistency. 

• Love 7
18 hours ago, dosodog said:

I was also a Rinna fan--I really liked her.  And I glossed over a lot of her grossness in the beginning. Until the Junkboat to Hong Kong and the cocaine accusations against the Kemsleys.  Which she admitted were false, but she did it because she wasn't getting enough attention.  

Yes, that was the turning point for me, too. It was just so unconscionable. I can't imagine throwing out such an accusation, especially for attention.

• Love 11

I like LVP. She is not perfect, by I'd love to invite her to parties.  LOL the others are just so boring and mean spirited.  I don't like how impressed with themselves they were at the reunion because they considered themselves better than LVP.  I won't be watching. 

• Love 15
On 9/9/2019 at 5:47 PM, Perfectly Spicy said:

Same here. I've enjoyed LVP but never considered myself a superfan. That changed this season.  The others were so obnoxious I felt for LVP even more.

I stopped watching the year after Rinna and Eileen were hired. Detested both.  Erika is just a phony grifter who made good...at least for a while.  Can't stand the bitchiness in this and the OC.  I do read the blogs about them in the so far vain hope that the cast will morph into Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous with a pinch of cattiness. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
On 9/10/2019 at 12:47 PM, walnutqueen said:

but I'd never abandon my RHoBH forum peeps.

Absolutely NOT! And WalnutQueen...you know how to find me. I'm not far from you and I'm here to help. No strings attached.

For me, SOME of these Bravo HoWives cast members can start our as somewhat intriguing. Then after a couple seasons they decide to be OTT or freakishly weird or add their pooping toddlers to the mix or their boring husbands or mothers or family members. 

That's when I start rapidly  losing interest. I know there are interesting, fun young OC women here who need to start contacting Bravo to apply for a new, updated group of women for the OC "housewives".

And Bravo needs to drop the "housewives" moniker. It's old, out-dated and nobody cares about these "housewives" husbands who are not interesting. Except Terry Dubrow. Mr. Dubrow was interesting in a clownish way. But always mugging for the Bravo camera! Lol.

Bravo needs to get up to date on the REAL women of OC, CA.

• Love 12

I won't be watching - this season did put me off a lot -but Rinna and Eileen were annoying then we get Erika  (boring), Teddi (pass me the sick bucket), Denise - (sick bucket again please).   I think the series has ran it's course and this season with Kyle wow - she really let her mask slip so much it was horrible to watch.

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Absolutely NOT! And WalnutQueen...you know how to find me. I'm not far from you and I'm here to help. No strings attached.

Thanks, Chenoa - and the same goes for you, too.  Hope you're surviving this weekend's heatwave, and stay frosty, my friend!

I think the Housewives franchises have lost their cachet.  It's time for Bravo to explore some new frontiers, because too much of what they're giving us is stale and predictable.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, walnutqueen said:

It's time for Bravo to explore some new frontiers, because too much of what they're giving us is stale and predictable.

Yes, "stale" is a good description! 

I would love to see a "reality" show with the real gays (in a relationship) of Orange County.

I'm actually surprised big gay Andy Cohen hasn't done this yet. I know we see male gay relationships on Million Dollar Listing NY. But I'd love to see an updated version of "the OC" following the lives and careers of people who are LGBTQ etc.

The HoWives are beyond stale. I see mold growing on them. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 9/8/2019 at 10:54 AM, DeeplyShallow said:

While the last straw for me was the way they treated LVP, it wasn’t about LVP herself, but just the blatant stupidity, immaturity, & ruthless gang mentality displayed.

This! I like Lisa and will miss her on the show. That said, I cannot abide the way they pushed her out. To see them crowing about how they finally beat Lisa at her own game makes me twitchy. It wasn't a fair fight. If she needed to be "taken down", so be it, but at least do it when she is capable of fighting back.

The only thing I would be interested in seeing with Lisa gone is the fallout from the Girardi, Kemsley, and Umansky lawsuits. None of this "they apologized" bullshit or "Everything is fine!" malarkey. Nor do I want to watch an entire season of Teddi blaming all of her inept shit-stirring on pregnancy hormones, Denise talking about Aaron's dick/Charlie Sheen, Dorit's sartorial misadventures, Kyle seething with jealousy at the sight of pregnant Teddi and badgering Mo for another baby, and Rinna starting fights at meals to distract from the fact that she isn't eating.

I'll stick around here, but I don't feel any need to watch.

• LOL 2
  • Love 21

I already stopped watching because the dog thing was boring. I can not stand Dorit, think she is an awful person, and compulsive liars trigger me, so when the hook was supposed to be giving a rats ass that LVP may have planted stories and engineered problems around Dorit, ... I mean, if so, yay.

I'll give it another year and if it's still boring I am dooone.

• Love 9
On 9/14/2019 at 8:28 AM, walnutqueen said:

think the Housewives franchises have lost their cachet.  It's time for Bravo to explore some new frontiers, because too much of what they're giving us is stale and predictable.

New Bravo series (it's just going to be a trial run) In A Man's World. Follows 4 women who are "morphed" into looking like men, explore what it's like to live in a man's world.

Sounds like an interesting show and I'll watch. The only thing (and a very important thing) is that these women will not know what it's like to have a penis. And I'm not being sarcastic. Maybe I'm unique, but as a woman, I've always wondered what it is that makes (most)  men live their life according to what their penis is feeling. 

Anyway, maybe Bravo is going to start giving us viewer's newer, fresher shows. The Housewives franchises are so done.

And please Bravo....no more home improvement shows. Andy Cohen owns that beautiful oceanfront home in Laguna Beach CA where the RHOC reunions are filmed. And Laguna Beach has been an openly gay community for decades. Why Andy can't find some interesting LGBTQ folks to feature on Bravo has me baffled. The Laguna Beach scenery, restaurants, real estate porn, bars... absolute eye candy everywhere you look.

• Love 5

Can't see Kyle tolerating another narcissist, can't see Erika tolerating another chanteuse - karaoke or otherwise.

Won't be watching, will make do with the snark here.

• Love 6

What are they going to do about storylines next season? I suppose their real life issues are off limits, so how can they manage to make a show out of themselves?

We know we have Rinna's daughters' clothing line launch. Teddi's pregnancy. Kyle goes to Washington! 

Maybe somebody will be late for drinks or lunch. Oh, wait, that's been done. Someone will be served a drink in the wrong kind of glass?  Nope, done already. PK will make a comment that everyone will be offended by? Hmmmm, someone will circulate a story about LVP?  Well that might be spicy.

I wouldn't expect to see any "Agency" celebrations, the "Agency" hats have been packed away in closets for the time being. That's out. I also doubt that we will be seeing Mr. Girardi. Mikey, bless his heart, may make a cameo appearance.

Nobody will be rescuing any puppies, that's for certain.

• Love 6
On 10/9/2019 at 11:58 AM, suomi said:

Won't be watching, will make do with the snark here.

Ditto.  I might check in from time to time to enjoy the snark, but overall, this franchise has run it's course for me.  I'm down to just the OC (which is about on it's last leg, and the NYC franchise.)   Rinna ruined this one for me. 

• Love 15

So, is it true that Camille is coming back? If so, they truly are desperate and I'm sure Camille is just doing it to stick it to Kyle, Dorit, Teddi and Denise. I'm sure Rinna will be all over her and turn against the rest, after all she knows what works for the show.   

• LOL 3
30 minutes ago, charliesan said:

So, is it true that Camille is coming back? If so, they truly are desperate and I'm sure Camille is just doing it to stick it to Kyle, Dorit, Teddi and Denise. I'm sure Rinna will be all over her and turn against the rest, after all she knows what works for the show.   

I dunno. I saw Lu (RHONY) post a pic with Camille on Instagram that said “Welcome back,” but there wasn’t much context.

Ugh, if it’s Hurricane Camille all over again, I’m going to vomit. I used to be a Camille fan back in Season 2, but this past season she was just a dumb, screeching harpy. (Well, dumber and screechier than the other harpies, IMO.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3