Type keyword(s) to search

Who Will Stop Watching?

• Start Topic

I haven’t seen how they are going to spin all of this on the reunion. I haven’t made up my mind. I’m aware of LVPs machinations, yet there is still something about her that compels me. Charisma? The animals? I just can’t put my finger on it. I can still see her on VP Rules, but that show is aging out and I’m not sure if Bravo is going to hold a grudge against her for refusing to film RHOBH. 

Unfortunately the truth hasn’t come out and am well aware that it may never. 

I guess right now my position is wait and see. 

• Love 6

I'm in a wait and see mode.  It just depends on who the cast will be.  The current group causes me to fast forward most of it, so what's the point?  Some of them are unwatchable.

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I'm in a wait and see mode.  It just depends on who the cast will be.  The current group causes me to fast forward most of it, so what's the point?  Some of them are unwatchable.

That's the yardstick I'll use.  I fast-forward Erika Jayne (the real Erika is okay), Lisa R, Teddi, and Dorit.  I'm interested in Denise, but only in hopes of seeing Aaron grow a pair.  So that leaves Kyle and LVP.  I have no clue why I watch Kyle.  LVP is just more interesting than the others.  Maybe it's the accent, but everything she says seems somehow smarter. 

I do think LVP wasn't totally honest, but Kyle was 100% wrong in confronting her the way she did.  It's mind-boggling that they all seem to have forgotten Dorit abandoning the puppy.

• Love 21
(edited)

Since they chose to bring back Kim and Brandi, Bravo must know this show is circling the drain.   For a while I thought Denise might breathe new life into BH but she proved me wrong.   She's gross.

Without LVP there's not a single cast member that interests me.   I realize LVP isn't perfect but I agree with @mindthinkr.  There's just "something" about her.  

Unless LVP returns along with some new cast members, I'm out.

ETA:  If the OC brings back Gina and that new lawyer chic, I'm quitting the OC too.   That would leave me with just NY which has always been my favorite.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 23
8 minutes ago, AnnA said:

ETA:  If the OC brings back Gina and that new lawyer chic, I'm quitting the OC too.   That would leave me with just NY which has always been my favorite.  

Yeah, that show is getting close to a cancellation off of my DVR list too.  

• Love 8

Someone asked this question on Reddit. Most of the responses indicated that many have already quit, weeks ago. 

Most other responses say that they are waiting for a significant cast shake up, which I am waiting for as well.

If certain current housewives are let go and more interesting new women are hired, I may continue to watch.

I will continue to read here. 

• Love 23

I think that not watching anymore has more to do with past their expiration dates on ALL of the RHW franchises then the "cast" themselves.

Some of these have been on 10+ years and are just outdated and no longer relevant going into 2020.

Look at all of the "reality" shows that are gone or are limping along (despite the "numbers" they like to give, TV has moved onward):

The Amazing Race, American Idol, The bachelor & bachelorette, Duck Dynasty, Pawn Stars, Queer eye for the straight guy, flipping out,  trading spaces, wife swap, don't be tardy, anything Kardashian, Big brother, I'm a celebrity, get me out of here, The hills, Laguna Beach, ect., 

I think it is time for the RHW's franchise to bid adue and give all of us something new to be excited to watch.

• Love 9

I agree that these shows are aging - although, miraculously, the viewers remain young and fresh. Ha-ha! But I enjoyed the lighter, fun side of things we’ve been seeing without LVP. I’m in for next season - but no thanks to Brandi, Camille, Kim & Kathy. New blood please - someone who scores a big fat goose egg on the narcissistic personality disorder checklist.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I agree that these shows are aging - although, miraculously, the viewers remain young and fresh. Ha-ha! But I enjoyed the lighter, fun side of things we’ve been seeing without LVP. I’m in for next season - but no thanks to Brandi, Camille, Kim & Kathy. New blood please - someone who scores a big fat goose egg on the narcissistic personality disorder checklist.

What lighter fun side?   I must have blinked and missed it.

• Love 20
(edited)
44 minutes ago, nexxie said:

ITA. I have loved every episode that LVP has not been in. I have loved the ladies getting along, and the camping trip was a hoot. I enjoyed Camille's wedding too. 

I started watching the franchise in season 5, when ED joined. I have never liked LVP, and won't miss her. I will watch next season, depending on who they bring on. Kathy Hilton? Likely a pass for me. Kim? Definitely a pass. But then I have managed to keep watching with Dorito still there, so I guess there is hope for anyone.

I do agree though that the shows are aging - or I am. I only watch RHoBH, RHoOC and RHoNY. But if any of them were to go off the air, I really wouldn't care. I do not worship, or hate, any of the howives.  I watch their lives, and am glad I have mine. Lol. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 9
26 minutes ago, AnnA said:

What lighter fun side?   I must have blinked and missed it.

The ladies have had a lot of laughs without the old sourpuss slinging digs and dividing the group. Good riddance!

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

I think that not watching anymore has more to do with past their expiration dates on ALL of the RHW franchises then the "cast" themselves.

Some of these have been on 10+ years and are just outdated and no longer relevant going into 2020.

Look at all of the "reality" shows that are gone or are limping along (despite the "numbers" they like to give, TV has moved onward):

The Amazing Race, American Idol, The bachelor & bachelorette, Duck Dynasty, Pawn Stars, Queer eye for the straight guy, flipping out,  trading spaces, wife swap, don't be tardy, anything Kardashian, Big brother, I'm a celebrity, get me out of here, The hills, Laguna Beach, ect., 

I think it is time for the RHW's franchise to bid adue and give all of us something new to be excited to watch.

Yeah, good points. They really need to rethink the “template” for these shows. I don’t need any more shows “like the Real Housewives, but lawyers” or “like Vanderpump Rules, but set in the Berkshires during ski season” or “like Southern Charm, but set in Southie.” (Scratch that—I’d probably watch “Southie Charm.”)

I didn’t like those Oklahoma ladies—but hey, at least it was different. And I haven’t watched Texicanas yet but at least it’s got its own setup (intro like a telenovela). 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'll continue to watch.

Kim has been a guest on the show during season six, seven and nine. So I don't think this is a set up for her return. Brandi doing a scene with Denise doesn't mean anything.  I don't like either one.

TPTB have seen what happened when Jill, Kelley and Alex were fired from RHNY and it was a disaster.  The ratings went way down.  And it never went back up to where it once was even when they brought Beth back (despite what Beth tells viewers).  I don't think this is going to happen on RHBH. 

I wouldn't mind them getting rid of Dorit but I don't see them getting rid of anyone more except maybe Teddi.  I do like her.  I don't see Kyle, Rinna or Erika going anywhere.  They each bring something.  Camille?  I don't know.

Ya know, some reality stars have some fierce fans who are very vocal.  I don't think that's always a reflection of the entire audience.  It could be seen with Teresa and Beth.  But that's changed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I think LVP leaving is good for the show because I think she creates a bind within the cast. Her co-stars always end up resenting her for getting away with shit, but they mostly keep it to themselves because of viewer backlash. I really think LVP has been a huge part of why the show has been boring the past few seasons. That said, they need  some new blood. Get rid of Teddi for sure, maybe Dorit and/or Erika. Or keep Erika as a friend. Bring in two new wives. Let's bring some new life to this a la Jersey last season.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 10

I will probably give it a go. I have been bored by RHBH (and RHOC) for several seasons now. This franchise seems to take an issue or disagreement that seems like it could be resolved fairly quickly and beats it into the ground. It happened with doggie-gate, panty-gate, and munchausens. 

I have always been indifferent to LVP. Sometimes I liked her and sometimes I did not, but like with the show, I have been growing tired of her over the past few seasons. I have not missed her in the episodes she did not appear in or appeared in only a bit. I am actually fine with the rest of the cast even though I do not like all of them. I would rather they bring in someone new than bring an old housewife back. Then again, I would love if Heather Dubrow would appear on this franchise. That might be interesting.

• Love 9

My major beef with the show is that here in Canada, the episodes are not sequential.  I caught up tonight & the episode was about them planning to visit France while Camille & Denise' houses were burning in the forest fire!!!???  In that episode, Brandi was invited to France by Denise ... what the hell???!!!  Also, I'm sick of searching for the next episode that may or may not include that sicking bitch, Brandi.  I'm OUT!!!

• Love 7

I guess I'm unique in that I LOVE Lisa Vanderpump, but I also love Kyle and have enjoyed every other cast member (besides Dorit) at some point. I will miss her, but considering where the ladies are in their relationship, I feel it wouldn't work if she stayed. More than anything, I feel the manipulative one is Lisa Rinna and *she* is who I feel put all this into motion to get rid of LVP. The fact that she threatened to sue Bravo over potentially giving her another spin off told me everything I needed to know. She's been trying to get a spin off for her kids and seeing LVP's success I think annoyed her.

With that said, what will make me watch next season is a proper reboot. I hate that Eileen left because she always had real stuff going on in her life as well as interesting relationships with the ladies. When I look at Teddi, Lisa Rinna and Erika, they had NO storyline this season. They need to stop hoarding housewives and let them go once their story is played out.

They need a truly rich and light hearted person to replace LVP. I would recommend someone like Kathy Hilton as well and if that happens bring on Kim full time. Then try again with a young housewife. Teddi just isn't interesting enough to justify keeping on.

My dream cast would be:

Kyle, Dorit, Kim, Kathy, Denise, Rinna (only bc I feel they wont get rid of her), New Wife

Camille I feel won't return, but if she's willing have her and Eileen as friends. I know many want Brandi, but I feel you should be able to develop a new schemer. She didn't leave because of LVP as she states now. She left because she was obviously making up storylines (which she later admitted) and came off desperate and inauthentic. They need to get away from that type of cheap drama.

• Love 3

I will watch no matter what. I'm in Australia, so I also watch Cheshire, Auckland, Toronto, Melbourne and Sydney. I can't not watch! 

I really don't care about LVP leaving. Because I know I'll see her in Vanderpump Rules, where you get just enough of her, Ken, Villa Rosa and the pets. Her tenure in RHOBH has come to a natural end. None of it occurred in a fair manner, but I have had the feeling for many seasons now that LVP is only giving us what she wants us to see, and it's her that has more control than she should of the SLs. The other hos are resentful of this but can't break the 4th wall on the show to claim that LVP is handled with kid gloves by her production team, for example. Apparently this was part of the reason LVP'S nose has been so out of joint this season : she was suddenly assigned a new team that didn't know her and wouldn't cater to her foibles etc (this was reported numerous times on Tamara Tattles ). 

I detest Lisa Rinna and believe she's responsible for much of the pot stirring regarding LVP. Rinna has crossed LVP and has had multiple failed attempts at coming for her and others, like Yolanda and Kim R. It was very much in Rinna's interest to continue to fuel the megaboring Puppygate SL. Dorit didn't want to continue with it nor Teddi (because Ms Accountability lied after telling us she never did ) nor LVP. Yet, it was with us all season. 

We will all eventually look back at this season in bewilderment that we exchanged an authentic BH housewife, married, successful, beautiful real estate etc for shyster, accent thief Dorit with her Beverly Beach swimwear and athleisure line that she's so in debt for that she is chased around a pool by a friend of one of her creditors demanding an explanation whilst the cast are filming in an exotic location, her Mr Potato Head husband and their bogus rental house. That's what I'll always wonder about. 

I don't want to see anymore Erika/Erika Jane as she's also strictly controlling what we see of her and even though they all do this, there is a real lack of authenticity about Erika, evidenced by her book and the uncomfortable experience her ghost writer (Brian Moylan ) had as a result. Rinna has glommed on to Erika so slavishly also that I am constantly cringing. I never want to see Rinna's daughters again and those girls getting their own THs last season was not a good decision. They need to be tending to their dysfunction. Having Lisa Rinna as a parent cannot be easy. I still don't want to see them. 

I wouldn't stop watching, but I'd come close if Kim Richards ever gets a diamond again. I find her unendurable. She's so obviously unwell that none of her SL can ever be authentic. Plus, not married either. These ARE supposed to be 'housewives ' still, no? Living in BH? I don't believe Kim lives in BH either. This fact may be why Kyle was so upset seasons ago that her sister moved so far away : this show at least gave Kim an income, provided she was a BH housewife. 

I don't mind Brandi G coming back but I felt stronger about that when she looked like marrying the wealthy guy she was dating a couple of years ago. Not so sure today now that she's looking so rode hard and put away wet. I do like Brandi and she definitely copped LVP'S wrath for outing her about those pesky selling stories rumours again. Looks like Brandi wasn't lying. 

Someone like Heather Dubrow would work well. Denise could be good but I hope she tires of telling us about her husband's penis and sexual predilections and name dropping Charlie every single freaking episode. I'm also still waiting for her real life to be more juicy than the tabloids? That hasn't happened yet either. 

If this was the only show LVP appeared in, I'd be more concerned about losing her. But it isn't and she plays a similar role in VPR. I'm utterly sick and tired of her new kitchen though and already need a remodel. 

• Love 7

I’ve already stopped watching. I stopped after the kitchen confrontation because I was so disgusted by how everything went down. I attempted to watch a couple of other episodes when they were on repeat post the Lisa/Kyle fight and they were so painfully boring and insipid that I turned it off. The show is horrible. I’ve been lurking here to see if I’m missing anything and it doesn’t seem like I am.

• Love 24
10 hours ago, AnnA said:

Gina and Emily are definitely back, they’ve been filming. NY is the only one left for me.

• Love 2
(edited)

I will be back with or without Lisa V.

Random thoughts on the rest:

I'm not thrilled with Teddy or Dorit.  I waffle with Erica. I like Camille in the "friends-of" zone.  I like both Rinna and Denise a lot. 

In the Kim vs. Kyle saga, I side with Kim, but Kyle has grown on me in recent years.  I think she comes off better without the weird dynamic she and Kim have, and I think she has embraced friendships with the others and isn't so reliant on Lisa V which I find refreshing.

Having said that, I think Lisa V and Teddi are both snakes and I think that devilish quality appeals to Kyle.  It's not surprising Teddi and Kyle have become good friends.  

Oh, and media reports say Vanderpump Rules is with Bravo through 2020.  That's only another season or two.  Tom and Tom better take Lisa up on her offer to refund their money and high-tail it out of Dodge.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I just can't see VR working anywhere other than Bravo. 

I'll bet the VR cast is a little anxious about all this.

Meanwhile, I'll bet Adrienne Maloof is smirking 24/7.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, nexxie said:

The ladies have had a lot of laughs without the old sourpuss slinging digs and dividing the group. Good riddance!

The "ladies" time has been filled with making digs of their own and/or talking about whichever housewife isn't in their presence at the time. Camille and Teddi seem to be the popular ones to gang up on after LVP. Sourpuss can apply to each and every one of them.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I am honestly mystified as to what producers think Teddi brings to the table as a cast member. There is nothing fun about her.

I wonder if they thought having Teddi would get her dad and Meg to be on. If so, they don't know John and Meg very well.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, nexxie said:

But I enjoyed the lighter, fun side of things we’ve been seeing without LVP

What I've seen is constant bitching about LVP - which was a turn-off for me.  I would've felt the same way had it been someone else who was the punching bag.  It got old real quick.  Plus, this season has been boring as hell.   I guess I've lost interest in most of these HWs.  Maybe the show has run it's course for me.  I'll give the new season a chance (depending on the cast,) otherwise I'm out.  

• Love 16
10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

My major beef with the show is that here in Canada, the episodes are not sequential.  I caught up tonight & the episode was about them planning to visit France while Camille & Denise' houses were burning in the forest fire!!!???  In that episode, Brandi was invited to France by Denise ... what the hell???!!!  Also, I'm sick of searching for the next episode that may or may not include that sicking bitch, Brandi.  I'm OUT!!!

I am confused by your post. What network brings the RH franchises where you live? I am in Canada and I get mine through Slice. (I just assumed it was the same throughout Canada). The shows on Slice are always sequential, with one exception this year (and I think it was RHoBH but not sure) where one week was missed and two episodes were shown the next week. Not sure why that happened as there was no explanation, and it had never happened before and hasn't since.  

Why do you think the episode you referenced above was out of sequence? It was the one shown last week. Camille's house burnt in mid November, just under a month after her wedding. Or do you mean you missed some epis before that? 

• Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ChitChat said:

What I've seen is constant bitching about LVP - which was a turn-off for me.  I would've felt the same way had it been someone else who was the punching bag.  It got old real quick.  Plus, this season has been boring as hell.   I guess I've lost interest in most of these HWs.  Maybe the show has run it's course for me.  I'll give the new season a chance (depending on the cast,) otherwise I'm out.  

I really think all the talk about LVP when she has not been there has been producer driven. Which is another reason that I won't miss her being on the show, and really hope her name is dropped next year (ala Carole on RHoNY after she left/was asked to leave). It is quite obvious in some scenes, like when Kyle claims someone she knew saw LVP getting a lie detector test. Kyle isn't a good enough actor to pull that lie off - it was preposterous. And also a set up, IMO. I hope the producers are smart enough to move on, for the sake of both LVP and non LVP fans. 

• Love 13

LVP is leaving the show because she doesn't need it. She has several more restaurants and another show to do. I think her exit is much ado about nothing. 

The show can use another star player. Denise Richards isn't all that interesting and the story lines have played out with the others. Two weddings in one season and talk of having a baby! Reeks of desperation. LVP's only story line is her animals and Ken has a mean streak that I don't care to see. 

Kim and Brandi are off the show for a reason and I wish that Bravo would stop bringing them back. 

• Love 4

I will probably watch, if only to see how these women will all turn on each other now that Lisa Vanderpump is gone.  You know it's going to happen - they all want it, and I'll be curious to see how it all plays out.   

Love her or hate her, LVP was pretty much the queen bee of the show.  The other women grouped together to get rid of her, and imo, most of them had their own selfish reason, and  that is they would become the new queen. 

As much as I dislike Rinna and Dorit, I don't think they are going anywhere, just based on what we've seen this season, and obviously, Kyle isn't going anywhere either.  Watching those three and whoever else they throw into the mix stabbing each other in the back could be interesting to watch.

• Love 8
8 hours ago, DeeplyShallow said:

Gina and Emily are definitely back, they’ve been filming. NY is the only one left for me.

Drat!   I was hoping they'd be gone.   

Emily?   She's so forgettable that I couldn't even remember her name LOL

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I am confused by your post. What network brings the RH franchises where you live? I am in Canada and I get mine through Slice. (I just assumed it was the same throughout Canada). The shows on Slice are always sequential, with one exception this year (and I think it was RHoBH but not sure) where one week was missed and two episodes were shown the next week. Not sure why that happened as there was no explanation, and it had never happened before and hasn't since.  

Why do you think the episode you referenced above was out of sequence? It was the one shown last week. Camille's house burnt in mid November, just under a month after her wedding. Or do you mean you missed some epis before that? 

Yes, I'm in Calgary & I record/watch on Slice.  After watching the episode where they were talking about going to France & Camille's house burnt, I looked for the next episode (I think # 20) & couldn't find it.  I did see most of the episodes, but finding the next episode (which I usually record) after watching the previous episode has almost always been difficult.  I'm finding the same problem with RHofNY.  Not a big deal.  Thanks for your help!!!

Off topic:  There's a new show, City on a Hill, that I want to watch on Showtime, but I can't find it on my line-up.  Ideas?

7 hours ago, Jel said:

So true. She has the energy of a mean camp counselor. You're by the campfire, having fun, laughing with friends, and suddenly she marches over to you and loudly demands to know if that is your second s'more. Then she interrupts everyone's fun to make a big announcement that there is a ONE S'MORE ONLY rule, which WILL be enforced.

LOL!

~ one S'more for the road, please

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

Just to point out....

Teddi did have an issue with Cheesy Poofs in the grocery store on the camping trip.

The only time I eat cheesy poofs is camping.  

Sometimes things are funny because it's true.

carrots GIF

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, dosodog said:

You're too kind Jel.

Are you sure she'd allow ANY smores?

LOL  ( well played, ladies

I've only been watching this season in hopes we'd finally see Dorit, international dog dumper, finally get handed a bill for her ugly shit.  (I wonder if other viewers are adding to the ratings numbers for that same reason?) I'm sure as hell not watching these lacklustre, dull-as-dishwater shitheels for kicks and giggles. (That's supplied by this board ; )

I'm not likely to watch next season unless they turn on each other  -- which would be delightful! - Kyle and Rinna getting rid of LVP, and in so doing,  blowing up the whole show?  Front row seat, please.

leslie H.gif

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 6
  • Love 11

I never watched a housewives show before this, but tuned in for the first season because of Camille and Kim. I expected lavish lifestyles, bucket list trips, gorgeous people and some drama. It's been a weird ride over the years.

The pile ons, the leaks, the tweets, the fan wars, and the endless whining by the ladies, have spilled into threads and wrecked what was left of the show for me. I like guilty pleasure shows, and that stopped happening. So, for that reason, I'm out. (Or is that Shark Tank?) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, film noire said:

LOL  ( well played, ladies

I've only been watching this season in hopes we'd finally see Dorit, international dog dumper, finally get handed a bill for her ugly shit.  (I wonder if other viewers are adding to the ratings numbers for that same reason?) I'm sure as hell not watching these lacklustre, dull-as-dishwater shitheels for kicks and giggles. (That's supplied by this board ; )

I'm not likely to watch next season unless they turn on each other  -- which would be delightful! - Kyle and Rinna getting rid of LVP, and in so doing,  blowing up the whole show?  Front row seat, please.

leslie H.gif

Yes and if the Kathy Hilton rumors are true, we should hear more about Mauricio's shady real estate deals.    Also Kathy Hilton and Kim Richards are tight so I'd expect to see Kim popping up at a dinner, party or trip from time to time.    I'm not happy about that but if any of it makes Kyle uncomfortable or causes her problems, I'm stocking up on popcorn. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Yes, I'm in Calgary & I record/watch on Slice.  After watching the episode where they were talking about going to France & Camille's house burnt, I looked for the next episode (I think # 20) & couldn't find it.  I did see most of the episodes, but finding the next episode (which I usually record) after watching the previous episode has almost always been difficult.  I'm finding the same problem with RHofNY.  Not a big deal.  Thanks for your help!!!

Off topic:  There's a new show, City on a Hill, that I want to watch on Showtime, but I can't find it on my line-up.  Ideas?

Hi Calgarian, Kelownian here! I have my fav shows set up to record, so don't look for them from week to week. I did look ahead on Slice to Tuesday, and it does show the episode where they go to France. (And you will be happy to know that Brandi's name is not included as one of the howives who goes to France!). It may be that your carrier has a search feature that is not too user friendly? I use Telus, and for the most part if I use the search feature the show I am looking for comes up easily. (I also just searched RH shows that way just to double check). 

I did do a search for City on a Hill. It is coming up on Crave on Demand, with one episode available so far. It isn't coming up on any other network for me, through Telus. Good luck! 

• Love 2