Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: #identitycrisis

• Start Topic

Well I guess they finally solved the issue of Hannah seeming to be on a different show.

They killed her off.

This show is making the choice to be a new West Wing show - so bored!

I thought the real question was: Why bring Hannah back for season 3 at all?

But I guess the answer is: Hannah was an exposition fairy whose sole purpose was to expose the Evil Big Pharma — because I'm assuming the real plot is for the Big Pharma to manufacture and sell a vaccine for the bio-weapon.

And I guess the racial targeting was just a coverup for the real goal of Billion$. But maybe not.

Meanwhile, this may be an unpopular opinion, but, IMO, if a partner cheats once in a moment of weakness and genuinely determines to never do it again, telling the partner about it is cruel to the partner and stupid if the goal is to continue the relationship.

• Love 2
On 6/21/2019 at 8:19 PM, shapeshifter said:

I thought the real question was: Why bring Hannah back for season 3 at all?

But I guess the answer is: Hannah was an exposition fairy whose sole purpose was to expose the Evil Big Pharma — because I'm assuming the real plot is for the Big Pharma to manufacture and sell a vaccine for the bio-weapon.

And I guess the racial targeting was just a coverup for the real goal of Billion$. But maybe not.

Meanwhile, this may be an unpopular opinion, but, IMO, if a partner cheats once in a moment of weakness and genuinely determines to never do it again, telling the partner about it is cruel to the partner and stupid if the goal is to continue the relationship.

I was asking myself that same question about Hannah—but your explanation makes sense. I really thought that Dr Mays was going to be able to swoop in there at the end and save her. I’m surprised they actually killed her off.

And I agree about the cheating! 

Though there a few choices I disagree with about this 3rd season overall, I’m pleasantly surprised how they’ve turned the show around on Netflix. I’m actually invested in some of the storylines, and looking forward to watching it after work (unlike last season which started to feel like a chore). I’m finding myself feeling bummed there are only 10 episodes! I hope it gets renewed, but with Netflix, you never know!

• Love 3

Do South Africans usually have Scottish accents? 

I'm not sorry to see Hannah die.  I wasn't a fan of the whole bio terrorism plot line from the start, mostly because it is so wholly disconnected from the main plot it is practically a second show by itself.  It will be really annoying to see them try to shoe horn in the connection in the next two episodes.  Seriously - how are they going to wrap this up in 2 episodes?  It was so unnecessary except to give super agent Hannah screen time.  ugh.

I'm realizing what is bothering me most about this season.  I don't know if it's the direction or what, but the actors all feel very stilted, like they're almost reading off cue cards.  Lines seem really forced, the swearing isn't natural (what was with Seth's turret's like stream of curse words?  That was SO forced!), there is no emotion behind the lines.  It's as if they all showed up for a read through but someone said, nah, let's just film today instead.  And it is highlighted by the "real people" testimonials shown through video or the support group in this episode.  The non-actors are outshining the actors. 

• Love 1