Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Bad Ad?: Please Report Here

I am tired of seeing the bare butt with the creepy bloomers in the ad for Bellelily. I don't block ads here yet am considering it if I have to look at it for much longer. 

Just putting it out there.

• Laugh 1

1 hour ago, LucindaWalsh said:

I am tired of seeing the bare butt with the creepy bloomers in the ad for Bellelily. I don't block ads here yet am considering it if I have to look at it for much longer. 

Just putting it out there.

Would you provide the information requested in the OP here please and we'll take a look at it. Thanks.

https://adclick.g.doubleclick.net/aclk?sa=l&ai=CCxMQziD7XJ2dDMKkhATXxbuwCt6N8_pW0d6TlpMJoIeA7JACEAEg2qTDIGDJ9rKKpKTEEaABqv_omwPIAQngAgCoAwGqBPUBT9ACNCDjtQO4fx0lkxhVDwVeenoclroNy7qpL8ZfwDVVQzXRKZiK0rennATXTh1OXD5WV04m0rD52jdnOLm41kwwgvYrLM9DwGVxFirmdTU-GWlKKC-5x_GCGfjvPndR-wYo0Xlzpw7zzxwPyGMenRCT4dJ7y2LmZdoFdkOPG3UYI3qvHvB7BN92ClBJ82iaS2H2U_ulvCn9Ks0LEuK7IFtClKp0Y3-sqGUi7hQggsDngIRaIenUMwM6tukSP7Ekbd_J-h9rOK9lOhegULJKiKjYjtYFaMj59EYthCB0H3H2i7zVSVCdF8qwFWFsl9s4SQDwKtngBAH6BQYIJRABGACgBi6AB8W63WaoB47OG6gHwdMbqAeB1BuoB4LUG6gH4NMbqAe6BqgH2csbqAfPzBuoB6a-G9gHAMAIAdIIBwiAYRABGA3yCBthZHgtc3Vic3luLTYyNTMwMTAxMzE1MjU3NjSACgPYEwyIFAE&ae=1&num=1&sig=AOD64_0kiOjWoex13JYgC3eDvw5UP9wTiw&adurl=https://www.bellelily.com/solid-lace-floral-sexy-panties-g-49933%3Fgclid%3DEAIaIQobChMInbzJyu7Y4gIVQhKBCh3X4g6mEAEYASABEgLdPvD_BwE&client=ca-pub-6728307037029826

Above is just copying the image address^^^^

Below is biting the bullet and clicking the link and copying the address bar:

https://www.bellelily.com/solid-lace-floral-sexy-panties-g-49933?gclid=EAIaIQobChMInbzJyu7Y4gIVQhKBCh3X4g6mEAEYASABEgLdPvD_BwE

Samsung Google Chromebook, updated

The ad is on the right sidebar, in rotation with a bunch of other ads so it is hit or miss where it shows up anywhere on the site. It is also in the little box between a last post and the reply box.

eta I am not asking for it to be deleted, I understand ad revenue. I just hope it is out of rotation soon, that was my original point, that it is kind of crossing a fine line in offensiveness.

Edited by LucindaWalsh · Reason: clarification

All I can do is report an ad to be removed if it's causing a problem.  That includes crossing the line of acceptability. Without a page URL from our site where it's shown up I am unable to make a report if that is what you'd like me to do?

It may have resolved itself since the ad has not come up for several days. If I come across it again, and can get the page url I will do the bad ad report. Thanks for your consideration, it really was a creepy ad to be bombarded with on the forums.

• Useful 1

Especially in the wee hours I often see a spam thread started to advertise some fad product. Sometimes I take the time to click the Report icon, but is that necessary, or is there a program that catches them anyway? I can't tell since they seem to get removed pretty quickly regardless. 

Here's one I reported that keeps popping up on different boards:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/97387-httpwwwstronghealthguidecomketogenic-valley-keto/

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1

Over the last few days while reading various forum threads full screen video ads have started popping up.  It seems random, I don't know if I've hovered too long over something or what.  The last one was a car commercial, I don't know if they all were.  This is a new thing. 

• Like 2

Dell laptop.

Windows 10 Version 10.0.18362

Microsoft Edge Version 44.18362.329.0

I am not sure what URL you want.  It doesn't pop up in a post or between posts, it takes up the whole screen.  Clicking on any of these ads just takes you to the product website.  I've now seen them for Home Depot as well as this Bull Dog thing and the car one I mentioned previously.  I'm not even moving the mouse when they pop up.

Here is a screenshot (Hey, I learned how to do a screenshot!):

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 3:47 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

I am not sure what URL you want.

A page URL where you've encountered this ad please.

12 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

PLEASE STOP THE SPIDER ADS!! ~screaming and running away~ 

We need your help to track it down first:

Would you provide the following info please -

Mobile/Desktop?: 

Operating System / Version: 

Browser: 

Page URL where encountered and description for how to reproduce: EXAMPLE - https://forums.previously.tv/topic/16908-bethenny-frankel-skinny-girl/?page=183 (click on topic.)

A screenshot if possible.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SilverStormm said:

We need your help to track it down first:

Would you provide the following info please -

Mobile/Desktop?: 

Operating System / Version: 

Browser: 

Page URL where encountered and description for how to reproduce: EXAMPLE - https://forums.previously.tv/topic/16908-bethenny-frankel-skinny-girl/?page=183 (click on topic.)

A screenshot if possible.

Thanks!

I'm using my Kindle this week and it uses the Silk browser. I've been finally catching up on the forums for the highbrow Married at First Sight and Big Brother. The ad is from All Natural Pest Elimination. Sometimes the  ad shows up twice on the same page. I'll quickly scroll past one and then at the bottom of the page--surprise! Shriek!

1 minute ago, Scout Finch said:

I'm using my Kindle this week and it uses the Silk browser. I've been finally catching up on the forums for the highbrow Married at First Sight and Big Brother. The ad is from All Natural Pest Elimination. Sometimes the  ad shows up twice on the same page. I'll quickly scroll past one and then at the bottom of the page--surprise! Shriek!

Thanks, can you let me have a specific page URL where you've enocuntered it in one of those forums please. We need that to know precisely where to look. Thanks.

10 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

@SilverStormm, if you click on/enlarge that Bull Dog screenshot I provided, you can see the URL up above it.  That's the page that ad appeared over, although that's not the only forum I've been in when it happens, and not the only product.  It's a very sporadic thing, sometimes I'll get a couple 5 minutes apart, and then I'll go a whole day without one. 

I don't have a specific link (I know, sorry) but in the last couple hours I've started getting ads that come up as I'm reading a post. They cover most of the screen, and I have to x out of them. Animated/autoplay. Never seen anything like it here before. Did something change in the kind of ads you're running?

It's been on two different platforms - iPhone/safari and tablet/silk. I know that isn't much for you to go on, but maybe if anyone else is seeing the same thing they can help.

ETA  I think this may be the same thing @Quilt Fairy was describing a few days ago.

Additional edit:  just got another one when I just had my browser open, on my home page. Just popped up when I wasn't doing anything. Fire tablet, silk browser.  Not sure if that helps you troubleshoot at all.

Edited by SoMuchTV

https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/239-project-runway/ 

I hope that is the URL information you need. Amazon Audible popup ad takes over screen. I also had one for the Blunder# for Fisher Investments ad but clicked to another page before capturing it.

Google Samsung Chromebook, updated.

I have come across several pop up ads in the last week on this site, which has never happened before for me.

Edited by LucindaWalsh

On 9/25/2019 at 8:50 PM, SoMuchTV said:

ETA  I think this may be the same thing @Quilt Fairy was describing a few days ago.

@SilverStormm, just to confirm, yes it is the same thing I'm encountering.  So far, the only website I'm seeing this on is Primetimer. 

• Useful 1

I am also seeing full page popups at random, usually once per session. 

Windows10/Chrome77 and KindleFire with Silk browser

This same pop-over (covering the whole screen) started happening to me this past week. I'm on a PC, latest version of windows 10 and latest version of firefox. (new computer as of last week). This only happens at primetimer and not every time. The ad today was for a credit card, although there have been other products advertised.

image.thumb.png.02986d0dc49f63639b9b0dc17e1b4b99.png

Edited by Ketzel · Reason: adding most recent pop-over
  • Like 1

https://forums.primetimer.com/forum/351-everything-else/

Whole screen pop up ad for a mattress (can't remember the brand)

Samsung Google Chromebook, updated and as the above poster stated popup ads only happening at Primetimer site.

updating this post for another full page popup ad now:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/20496-pet-peeves/page/366/?tab=comments#comment-5669452

Edited by LucindaWalsh · Reason: added another popup link

Same issue.  Full-page pop-up ad, generally only once per session, and only happens on Primetimer (no other sites).   

It never happens on my arrival page (Forums I Follow, Managed Content), or on the first forum I click, but it always happens on the first topic within that forum.  So always the third screen I go to, regardless of which forum or topic it happens to be.

Windows 7 PC, Chrome browser.

I just noticed something interesting which may help with solving the ad-over-the-whole-screen issue.  A few minutes ago I had one of them pop up and I closed it.   Just now the same ad appeared as the larger (but legitimate) top of the page ad.  Maybe it's linked?  

I tried to upload a screenshot but got a message that the file size was too big and I don't know how to reduce it. 

On 10/2/2019 at 12:35 AM, Quilt Fairy said:

@SilverStormm, just to confirm, yes it is the same thing I'm encountering.  So far, the only website I'm seeing this on is Primetimer. 

FWIW, I'm still getting these ads on a regular basis.  Sometimes multiple times a day.  I can't see any pattern - sometimes they pop up right away when I go to a page, sometimes it's after a page has been up for a while.  Home Depot is a common one but sometimes there are others.

I'm seeing them on a Fire tablet, Silk browser.  I also often use Firefox on a Win7 PC and I don't think I've ever seen them there.  And like @Quilt Fairy I've only seen anything like it on this site.

Maybe they're intentional?  If so, let us know & I'll quit complaining and just ignore them 🙂

• Like 1

I've reported all of these, thanks!

On 10/13/2019 at 1:12 AM, SoMuchTV said:

Maybe they're intentional?  If so, let us know & I'll quit complaining and just ignore them

We try to not intentionally (or unintentionally) annoy our members where possible, heh. 😉 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

977006504_Screenshot2019-10-16at4_00_44PM.thumb.png.3e8a721f33645f10128de90b28ec3aad.png

I understand that the popup ads that I and others have reported are being looked into but the above is something new today. The right side of the screenshot that shows a listing of book covers between two black spaces is a video that interferes with the page (but doesn't get any bigger than shown in the screenshot (ad or video) and there is no way to stop the video (that I can find).

Here is the page link:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/838-carole-radziwill-shes-a-real-princess/page/108/?tab=comments#comment-5680110

Another bit of info is that again, I have to manually highlight and copy the page link, instead of just one finger highlight then two finger drop down box copy. 

I keep getting a Walmart pop up add, congratulating me. Only on this site. I’ve cleared my cache/cookies, but it keeps happening.

51C11618-22B8-4797-BC3E-7DE1C1D9866D.png

9A54B39F-07DB-48AD-A13D-7F83E8E5DC42.png

ETA: Here’s the original ad that hijacked the Primetimer page but also just showed up on my old iPad Mini in Chrome browser not on the Primetimer site:

BBED90FE-9407-4FA3-82A2-01D6E661A24C.jpeg

ETA again that this just happened again on loading my stream (https://forums.primetimer.com/discover/760/ ) on my iPhone 7+.

It’s possible I may have accidentally tapped the top banner ad, but the back function of the browser was disabled by the fake Walmart ad. 

Edited by shapeshifter · Reason: More info

I've reported this Walmart ad, thanks!

On 10/16/2019 at 9:12 PM, LucindaWalsh said:

977006504_Screenshot2019-10-16at4_00_44PM.thumb.png.3e8a721f33645f10128de90b28ec3aad.png

I understand that the popup ads that I and others have reported are being looked into but the above is something new today. The right side of the screenshot that shows a listing of book covers between two black spaces is a video that interferes with the page (but doesn't get any bigger than shown in the screenshot (ad or video) and there is no way to stop the video (that I can find).

Here is the page link:

https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/838-carole-radziwill-shes-a-real-princess/page/108/?tab=comments#comment-5680110

Another bit of info is that again, I have to manually highlight and copy the page link, instead of just one finger highlight then two finger drop down box copy. 

@LucindaWalsh Just checking, has this gone away now?

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:40 AM, SilverStormm said:

@LucindaWalsh Just checking, has this gone away now?

Yes it has, soon after I reported it. I haven't had, knock wood, any issues with ads since the last two times I reported (the above and those entire page pop up ones). 

Edited by LucindaWalsh
  • Useful 1

23 hours ago, LucindaWalsh said:

Yes it has, soon after I reported it. I haven't had, knock wood, any issues with ads since the last two times I reported (the above and those entire page pop up ones). 

Knocking on more wood, I haven't seen them lately, either. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I’ve had the “Congratulations Walmart Shopper” full-page ad pop up several times on my IPad in the past two days. Very annoying. 

Macbook

OS 10.13.6 

Safari 13.0.3 

On all forums, ads come up in the middle of the threads, so when I open a thread, the screen goes up and down and then stops, but not at the newest post so that I then have to scroll to the right place. It's not a big deal, but kinda annoying. Is there any way to just have ads appear at the sides of pages?

• Like 7

21 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Macbook

OS 10.13.6 

Safari 13.0.3 

On all forums, ads come up in the middle of the threads, so when I open a thread, the screen goes up and down and then stops, but not at the newest post so that I then have to scroll to the right place. It's not a big deal, but kinda annoying. Is there any way to just have ads appear at the sides of pages?

This usually occurs when there are many embedded video links in a thread. It isn't ad-related and is a known glitch that'll hopefully be resolved with the upcoming maintenance release.

• Like 3

Around 9 a.m. CST today (Sunday Dec. 1), upon loading any Primetimer page on my iPhone 7+ using Safari, there is now a pop-up ad covering 5/16” X 2 1/16” of the bottom of the screen in any position. I tried updating to iOS 13.2.3 but it is still there. 
It is easily-but-annoyingly X’ed out. 
It is the same whether holding the phone vertically or horizontally. 
It also appears on Chrome when not logged into my Primetimer account. 
It does not appear on my Windows 10 laptop on Chrome. 
Here is a screenshot. (I use the dark background setting when logged in.)
The ad content varies; below is for “fun gifts” from “Birthday Culture;” currently I see “free shipping starts now” from “Century Martial Arts.”

Hrm (going off topic for a moment)… 
Does that mean they will send a martial arts instructor to my apartment with no delivery charge?
*maybe if I was younger…*
CD6DE8F8-FF59-400F-A724-12FA9412E72A.thumb.png.930ed2ca11bc48e26c6e9601f291b1a2.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The sticky ad at the bottom of a page isn't a bad ad, it's supposed to be there. However, it's still being tweaked so you may see some changes.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

The sticky ad at the bottom of a page isn't a bad ad, it's supposed to be there. However, it's still being tweaked so you may see some changes.

Surely this isn't intended behavior, is it? A pop-up ad you have to x out of, on every single page, for logged in users? That's beyond anything I've seen before.

ETA I'm sure you're not the one making these decisions, but you might want to pass on - if you drive everyone to use an ad blocker, they won't see ANY of your ads, including the "polite" ones.

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Like 5

These 'improvements' are making the site not as nice to visit. I know we commenters are getting what we are paying for 😉. These extra video ads eat up data.

• Like 6

On 12/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, SilverStormm said:

It would be great if it could be tweaked enough to not cover up the multi quote window.

Also, anything that could be done to move (or load faster) the ad under the first topic in a forum would be great. I keep getting dumped into the pinned topic at the top when I click on the second topic faster than the ad loads.

• Like 5

I'm starting to feel like the number of ads is starting to get excessive. On this page alone there are currently no less than 10 ads, plus the sponsored content at the bottom of the page. 

I don't really mind the sponsored content or the inline ads but the top and bottom bar ads (the new stickied bottom ad especially) are incredibly annoying. I get that ads have a purpose and you need ad revenue but the ads feel like they're starting to take over the forum. 😕

• Like 9

On 12/1/2019 at 3:25 PM, SilverStormm said:

Since when is it “supposed to be there”? It just started showing up. And it repopulates every time I click on the read next unread topic.

It just seems ever since the last major upgrade, there have been more and more recurring issues and bugs. Some that keep happening.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, SilverStormm said:

Thanks for the feedback all. I will pass on your concerns.

Thanks, but, just one more thing (Columbo™) 
regarding:

8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:
On 12/1/2019 at 2:25 PM, SilverStormm said:

Since when is it “supposed to be there”? It just started showing up. And it repopulates every time I click on the read next unread topic.

The sticky ad at the bottom of a page might  only appear in the Dark Theme.

And I do think bringing the Dark Theme “up to speed”
(including having the Dark Theme not always go to either the first post on the first page or your last post instead of the first new post)
might be considered an accessibility issue.
However, I suspect landing in the wrong place is just a mistake in the code that occurred when trying to make the Dark Theme behave like the IPS Default Theme, since the Dark Theme behavior too just changed recently.

Thank you for hearing our concerns and passing them up the chain.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

The sticky ad at the bottom of a page might  only appear in the Dark Theme.

It doesn't. I don't have the dark theme, and it's showing up every single time I go to a new page or a new topic.

• Like 6