Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Barking Up the Wrong Tree House

• Start Topic

On 6/9/2019 at 12:28 PM, snarts said:

It's currently a 50/50 custody arrangement with either 5 or 7 days on/off.  Ideally it would stay that way.with both parents playing a significant role in their lives.  Unfortunately, Thomas has been charged with some serious crimes which may result in significant jail time forcing Kathryn to take additional precautions with the custody arrangement.  Had she not filed, people would be judging her inaction.

In terms of being away from the kids what appears to be one night for this treehouse trip.  The show is her job, her income. She may not have had a choice on where it fell based on their filming schedule.  From social media, she spends a ton of time with the kids, without the help of nannies.  

Similarly, I'm not going to judge Cameran for being uncomfortable in her new role as mom. I don't doubt that Cameran loves her daughter and thankfully, is in a position to do what's best for her.  Hands on, stay at home mothering is not for everyone, 

The societal pressures placed on women is ridiculous and I refuse to feed into the argument that Kathryn or Cameran are somehow inadequate or negligent in their relationships with their children. Especially not from the TV show lens we're viewing them through. 

I'm going to need more Whitney & Patricia and less Shep & Austen, thank you.

Yes, every word of this. People are SO HARD on moms, good god. 

And I agree we need more Whitney and Patricia and basically 0 Austen and just sprinkles of Shep, because looking too closely at him is just sad. And though I'm sure he's not a dirtball, he always looks like he needs a shower. And like he smells like the beer sweats. 

• Love 6

My take on Cameran & Palmer was that we zeroed in on this one segment of her entire day. I figured that she had gotten Palmer what she needed, played with her, settled her down, and then thought, "Okay, now I have time to get a little career-work done." And then she didn't.

It wasn't the most comfortable scene to watch, but I did think she handled her frustration very well, all things considered. And I find it refreshing not to see the glossy pap we're fed of how taking care of completely helpless tiny humans is one long sunshiny smile. Struggling with reality, even with all of her privileges, and loving her little girl are not mutually exclusive. 

Similarly, either because she got her script down great or it was actually sincere, Kathryn responding to the women's repetitive "Why didn't you" and "How could you" not-an-attack at dinner was pretty good. Paraphrasing, I thought she acknowledged that she has issues that she is currently doing things to address and fix, including being late, and how her development was sidetracked, hence she's trying to catch up while still doing everything else. Then there's Cameran completely blowing past that with her TH of "No more excuses, pull up your big girl panties." Which of course could be taken to heart with Cam's own need to be in control, or so she says. 

I still just want to see Whitney, though maybe too much would become too vile. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, HouseofBeck said:

My take on Cameran & Palmer was that we zeroed in on this one segment of her entire day. I figured that she had gotten Palmer what she needed, played with her, settled her down, and then thought, "Okay, now I have time to get a little career-work done." And then she didn't.

It wasn't the most comfortable scene to watch, but I did think she handled her frustration very well, all things considered. And I find it refreshing not to see the glossy pap we're fed of how taking care of completely helpless tiny humans is one long sunshiny smile. Struggling with reality, even with all of her privileges, and loving her little girl are not mutually exclusive. 

Similarly, either because she got her script down great or it was actually sincere, Kathryn responding to the women's repetitive "Why didn't you" and "How could you" not-an-attack at dinner was pretty good. Paraphrasing, I thought she acknowledged that she has issues that she is currently doing things to address and fix, including being late, and how her development was sidetracked, hence she's trying to catch up while still doing everything else. Then there's Cameran completely blowing past that with her TH of "No more excuses, pull up your big girl panties." Which of course could be taken to heart with Cam's own need to be in control, or so she says. 

I still just want to see Whitney, though maybe too much would become too vile. 

Perpetually pretty, priviledged Cameran has never cut Kathryn much slack. Yes, Kathryn has made huge mistakes and behaved with the usual selfishness of an immature person with mental health and addiction issues. She appears to have listened to her doctors/therapists and is trying to set herself straight. Cameran has everything to make her life easy while Kathryn, 10 years younger, faced and continues to face huge struggles. Cameran could be a bit more compassionate. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Perpetually pretty, priviledged Cameran has never cut Kathryn much slack. Yes, Kathryn has made huge mistakes and behaved with the usual selfishness of an immature person with mental health and addiction issues. She appears to have listened to her doctors/therapists and is trying to set herself straight. Cameran has everything to make her life easy while Kathryn, 10 years younger, faced and continues to face huge struggles. Cameran could be a bit more compassionate. 

I think all of the women and men if you can call them men have bent over backwards for Kathryn. Unfortunately she got together with Thomas when she was hardly out of her teens. Her family pushed her in that direction. She proceeded to have 2 children one after another hoping that this would seal the deal. Didn't happen. Kathryn  is emotionally and socially stunted in her development. She needs to either go back to college or to a trade school and find a career. Thomas is not the meal ticket that she was looking for. He is a disgusting person and as such she should get over him and try to find a way to support and raise her children without looking for another sugar daddy. Thomas owes her nothing but child support. Grow up Kathryn your children need a parent. 

• Love 5
(edited)
19 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Unfortunately she got together with Thomas when she was hardly out of her teens. H

She was 21 and Thomas wasn’t even her first serious relationship with an older politician.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, RedHawk said:

Cameron, IMO, does not really like Kathryn that much at all. She was completely on board with being a mean girl with Landon, and IMO, she wouldn't be around Kathryn if Landon was still a cast member. I  remember when Kathryn asked Cameron out for lunch and Cameron said no. Cameron and Landon also made fun of Kathryn through an entire reunion. That disgust doesn't just go away, and I don't think it was an act. Cameron said long ago, maybe even season 1, that if Kathryn had Thomas's kids, she'd never have to work a day again. She's always been skeptical of Kathryn. Also, Kathryn doesn't kiss Cameron's ass like Shep, Whitney, and Craig. Maybe that's why she visits them more...

Cameron, in this season, is not connecting with me. I'm not sure why she "brags' about not caring about motherhood. I don't get why she gives a shit what Shep and Craig are up too. I think she might have some arrested development. Plus, she's a real estate agent, which basically is a job anyone can do that isn't smart enough for college. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/9/2019 at 11:09 PM, bravofan27 said:

This season has a different flavor, not sure if it's cuz of Thomas being absent or lack of things happening in people's lives, but it's kind of gloomy. We have Cameron, who for whatever reason wants it known she's not that into being a mom. Depressing. Then we have Kathryn who appears to be on coke again, dating a guy with a worse rep than Thomas, whose uncaring aloof ready to defend attitude from her drug days has come back. Depressing. Clearly Shep, Austin, and Craig are depressing. There big thing is now gossiping and trying to put dents in their "friends" relationships. Depressing. 

Noamie has always been a little depressing to me. She never seems very happy and she's always bitching at someone. She went from putting down Craig to putting down Kathryn. Her comment about Kathryn's spending was completely out of line. Even if Naomi was "right" or had a point, her chronic "I know what's best" and "you are messing up, fix yourself!" and "I work my ass off all the time, I know the meaning of hard work" just makes her seem close-minded and stuck in her ways. She's too young to be that fixed on how things should be and how people should act. She is hardly perfect-- if someone started picking on her flaws she'd lose it.

Then there is Chelsea and Danni who are kind of trying to get a voice on this show. As of now, I only know Chelsea likes to talk about country stuff and talk in her southern accent, and show up at all the events. Then there is Danni who is being WAY too controlling with Kathryn, and other than that has nothing else to do but gossip with Noamie and be superior. 

This whole post is spot on. Dull season. 

Say what you want, Thomas was a huge part of the charm of this series. He was made for reality TV but his self destructiveness has finally done him in. 

The show used to be much more natural. Before Naomie, Ashley, Payton, Madison, even Chelsea who is often too “on” for me.  

I don’t mind Danni much. She’s a straight shooter, no-nonsense type. Not much drama or fun there for sure but she still has a place on the show, a voice of reason. Kind of like Elizabeth was. 

Craig always looks like he is on something, and slightly dirty. His eyes are half closed, no energy, monotone delivery. Ew.  Enough with the fucking pillows. 

Shep had so much potential. Really cute, fun extrovert with a ton of money. Sleeping around, whatever. Who cares?But now years have passed and he still has never fallen in love (or serious like)? Austen is a player too but even he falls for girls. Shep is too surface, unable to be close-that’s not attractive. No empathy for Whitney’s dog situation too is a deal breaker to me. 

I like Whitney. I love when his mom is spewing some funny observation and he does his, “god...” with an eye roll. My fave!

Why does Kathryn and the gang giggle about her sleeping with him? If it’s so weird and out there to screw Whitney...why did/does she do it??  That’s on HER! 

Ragging, nagging Naomie. Overly serious with a huge superiority complex, bleh. 

Cameran, the detached, put-upon mom. Not cool. I was obsessed with my babies, they were so delicious. Yes, parenting can be beyond tough and stressful and you are very tied down. I truly, truly get it, I was there. But Cameran is mid 30’s (not 22 like gold digger Kathryn was) and can hire a nanny, still go out, has lots of money, etc. Quit your bitching! (adding that I raised my kids 900 miles from family, very little help from husband, new state, no good friends to go out for drinks with for YEARS. I was stressed as hell but still tightly bonded to my kids.)  

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 5
On 6/5/2019 at 9:37 PM, Pickles said:

It seems like she would have held the baby on her lap while she fed her, instead of having her lie down on that pillow thing. That seemed so awkward, but maybe that is just me.

The clips of Katherine driving the car with no hands on the wheel, while talking on the phone. Good lord. 

Thought the same thing about giving a toddler a baby bottle when the child is flat on her back.  Might choke.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Higgins said:

She is too old for a bottle.

At the time this episode was filmed, Palmer was not yet a year old. Pediatricians say you should try to wean by 18 months; 24 months maximum. Cameran's doing just fine by that little cutie.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, ProudMary said:

At the time this episode was filmed, Palmer was not yet a year old. Pediatricians say you should try to wean by 18 months; 24 months maximum. Cameran's doing just fine by that little cutie.

As an RN I teach one year is the latest.

• Love 1

Both of my children just voluntarily gave up their bottles at about 8-9 months. My grandson and two great nephews didn’t do that until around 18 months. If they’re not ready, they’re not ready. Guidance is just that: guidance. There are no hard and fast rules because every child is different. 

• Love 4