Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E04: Barking Up the Wrong Tree House

• Start Topic

Austen has second thoughts about breaking up with Madison, but he has bigger problems when Chelsea learns he's been badmouthing her around town. Meanwhile, a shocking experience gives Eliza a new lease on life. After Kathryn pulls another one of her MIA stunts before the girls' trip, Danni and Naomie insist on holding her accountable.

Air Date: 06.05.2019

• Love 2

Shep keeps talking about Austen’s breakup, which is none of his business, and then he says “it’s been four months! You can’t hold someone accountable for the rest of their lives.”  In that case, shut up, Shep!

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

I’m still not buying the Whitney/Kathryn hookup.  I think I might be over this show.  But, I like the dogs.  Although I wonder what happened to Craig’s. 

These people are way too involved in each other’s lives.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 11

"This has gotten significantly awkward." (Kathryn)

Oh wow.  I feel for Kathryn.  I think her friends do have her best interests at heart.  Might have been better one-one instead of all of them vs. K.

• Love 20
(edited)

Kathryn isn't the best when it comes to having consideration for others, but everyone jumping on her about being late and not returning texts just seems pointless. She is who she is, they should know that by now. Either accept it or move on. You know what you're getting into with her, it's no secret.

Granted, they can't move on unless they wanna be off the show so that's an obstacle. In the real world it's easier to just cut someone out when they cause you that kind of stress, if you can't find a way to accept them and decide dealing with their behavior is worth keeping the friendship. 

Edited by rideashire
  • Love 15

I guess Cameron is right - she seems to have no maternal instinct at all. She would be better off getting a nanny because she appears to have very little bond with her child ( at least as presented here). I saw no cuddling or affection from Cameron just try to feed her and then dump her in the cage while she makes phone calls.  Sad for the little girl.

• Love 20
(edited)
35 minutes ago, rideashire said:

Granted, they can't move on unless they wanna be off the show so that's an obstacle. 

And that’s my main issue with Kathryn this isn’t just her being flaky with friends who you can than set expectations and make adjustments around her or not associate with her this is Kathryn’s JOB that is keeping her in impractical apartments and cars and it impacts a lot of people, not just the cast. Her being late and flaky and delaying production has been a problem since her second season and is one of the things that actually caused tension between her and the rest of the cast they just didn’t want to break the fourth wall.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

I guess Cameron is right - she seems to have no maternal instinct at all. She would be better off getting a nanny because she appears to have very little bond with her child ( at least as presented here). I saw no cuddling or affection from Cameron just try to feed her and then dump her in the cage while she makes phone calls.  Sad for the little girl.

It seems like she would have held the baby on her lap while she fed her, instead of having her lie down on that pillow thing. That seemed so awkward, but maybe that is just me.

The clips of Katherine driving the car with no hands on the wheel, while talking on the phone. Good lord. 

• Love 13

No wonder Kathryn melts down at the thought of really being a single parent (preview) - how does she take care of those kids when schedules seem like too much?

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Oh poor thing.  Austin needs nutrition.  It’s so hard to have so many girlfriends.  Why doesn’t he get hisass off the couch and go find a meaningful JOB.  All these guys laying around doing nothing makes me sick.

wheres Katherine getting the money for the expensive apartment and now the Rolls Royce?

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Why are the girls so worried about Katherine when she doesn’t answer the phone.  She has a Mother and Father.

I think this is just Danni's storyline. I thought she should just mind her own business. If Katherine wants to fly to NYC and Miami to see this guy, no one can stop her so just stay out of it. 

• Love 22

Maybe the Rolls and the expensive rental home is all a ruse for a plot line on the show.   Kathryn was in that crummy apartment in Mount Pleasant the last few years.  Who has a kitchen counter with only picture frames on it?  I recently read that Jemma King from season one never really lived in that showy rental.  They only filmed there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m still not buying the Whitney/Kathryn hookup.  I think I might be over this show.  But, I like the dogs.  Although I wonder what happened to Craig’s. 

These people are way too involved in each other’s lives.

I’m not buying Whitney & Katherine either.  They threw Whitney in to compensate for Thomas.  The last few episodes were boring.  Cameron does not belong on this show.  She brings nothing but whining about the baby.  What are the girls going to do all the time .. go on trips?  Katherine with two kids going all over the place and now went to N.Y. and Florida.  Who’s watching these kids?  I think one more episode and then the reunion.  BYW, why is Katherine wearing that wig that she keeps scratching.

• Love 13

I liked the girls' trip.  That place was fun and different.  So was the ride in the SUV.  And yeah, I would imagine it would give a creepy vibe at night.

I think Kat was right in her analysis of herself.  She needs a mentor.  I don't know if she's quite ready for one but she needs one none the less.

I've never cared for Austin and I don't care now.  The guys, in general, have been boring so far.

• Love 10

Missed the first half but agree I don't believe the Whitney Kathryn storyline but how I WISH they would get together for real. Agreed the "friends worried" & holding Kathryn "accountable" (Danni lurrvs that word, doesn't she?) Is dumb...as stated, the woman has parents. There are no friends in this world I feel I need to explain myself to.

That ethereal treehouse was EVERYTHING!

• Love 8

Last year when she went missing/didn’t return texts Kathryn admitted she went off her medication so I can understand Dani being concerned. I have a close friend who has mental health issues and when we don’t hear from her we also worry because it’s usually not a good sign and it’s often that she has gone off the meds and into a deep depression.

• Love 19
(edited)

I was shocked by Eliza's story about missing the trip with friends because her boyfriend forgot his passport and then the plane crashed?! Wow! I can't imagine how that must feel.

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

I think this is just Danni's storyline. I thought she should just mind her own business. If Katherine wants to fly to NYC and Miami to see this guy, no one can stop her so just stay out of it. 

I don't get why Danni is on the show. I may be in the minority, but she annoys me for some reason. It's probably her permanent stank face.

Edited by Quita
Spelling
  • LOL 2
  • Love 19

Kathryn I cannot say this enough it was a STATE senate seat not the US Senate which is a completely different in terms of getting elected and Thomas had actually won a state wide race before. Also, unless you are living in a parallel universe he stopped being a State Senator in 2016 and went back to being a State rep and that position is the one he stepped down from mired in scandal so shut the fuck up about it. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 11
4 hours ago, rideashire said:

Kathryn isn't the best when it comes to having consideration for others, but everyone jumping on her about being late and not returning texts just seems pointless. She is who she is, they should know that by now. Either accept it or move on. You know what you're getting into with her, it's no secret.

Granted, they can't move on unless they wanna be off the show so that's an obstacle. In the real world it's easier to just cut someone out when they cause you that kind of stress, if you can't find a way to accept them and decide dealing with their behavior is worth keeping the friendship. 

Yeah what a fake issue.

But they're going to keep going on with it.  Looks like Danni and Kathryn are going to be on the outs.

Was a snoozefest.

You can tell they didn't like that wine.

Treehouse is a gimmick fancy lodging with catered food.

• Love 4

While watching this epi I just kept thinking these thoughts. First off, if I were Kathryn's grandma, the day that she came and asked for my advice and told me she wanted to be with a fifty year old I would have said (not that it would have made a difference) that Kat was barking up the wrong tree! Secondly, if I were her I would majorly be wishing to have a time machine right about now so that there would have been no Thomas hook up, no getting knocked up, no trying to be a politician's wife, none of it. However, I'm not Kathryn or her grandma.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Her being late and flaky and delaying production has been a problem since her second season and is one of the things that actually caused tension between her and the rest of the cast they just didn’t want to break the fourth wall.

Ahhhh, I knew there had to be more to the story that wasn't being discussed on camera. 

Would it be so hard for Kathryn to just send a quick group text to the girls saying she was out of town and would touch base with them with details of the trip as soon as she was back home? Grow the eff' up, girl!

Whitney loves his dog. Can't hate on him for that. 

Shep is a useless POS. 

Cameron, do your baby a favor and get a nanny. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

I appreciated Cam being honest early on when Palmer was born about breastfeeding not working for her because so many times you hear that the only “right way” to feed your child is by breast. I’ve had 3 kids and only attempted breastfeeding my third for about a week and said, “screw that time for formula”. So, I get it. But damn girl, hold your baby while you feed her. There was a time or two, especially with my third baby that I would lay her down and hold the bottle but usually when I was helping the other two with homework or something. By the looks of it Cam was just sitting there. It takes 20-30 minutes to feed a baby. Give her that undivided attention. I hope she’s really a more loving mother that what we’ve been shown and she’s just playing a part for the cameras. At least Palmer has Grandma and Jason. 

Every timeI think I’m back on the tolerating Katherine train she does something to screw of all up. I’m rooting for her to succeed but she makes it so damn hard. I had a friend like that in real life who I just had to let go for good. Her lack of respect for anyone including herself is mind boggling. Just because you can galavant to NY and FL doesn’t mean you should. Maybe stay your ass home and plan/communicate details of the tree house trip. It is her job. Volunteer in SC. It’s ok to not have sex sometimes. Especially when your options are Whitney and another former disgraced politician! The treehouses were cute but why plan a vineyard tour if you can’t drink? Plan a hike or something.

Nice to see less of the boys this week. They just ooze “loser” and I can’t deal! 

• Love 13

So many awesome dogs this episode.  I think Tyson is my favorite Bravo dog.  So sad and tiny watching Chelsea pack from the bottom of the stairs.  And as much as I can't stand Naomi, she does bring the awesome pets- Gizmo, Diaper Kitten, and now this dog who kept breaking the fourth wall and looking at the camera/production staff.

The treehouses were cute but... Two beds for five women?  I'd stay home if I knew that.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Thumper said:

"This has gotten significantly awkward." (Kathryn)

Oh wow.  I feel for Kathryn.  I think her friends do have her best interests at heart.  Might have been better one-one instead of all of them vs. K.

That was so forced though, obviously for the cameras. I am still close to my 2 BFF's from High School ( I am 64 ) and if I thought one of them needed a "talking to" about their choices I would do it one on one, privately. It doesn't matter how many times you say "we aren't attacking you" It doesn't make it true.

• Love 8

I love Chelsea's "GIrlllll you are living large!"

Agreeing with others about Cam and her mothering.  Yikes.  I thought it was for a story line and she was feigning her disinterest in motherhood but she really seems cold with that baby.  

I don't buy this Madison/Austin relationship.  He's not a good actor.  

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Naomie wincing while drinking that wine in the middle of Danni going after Kathryn - hah!  That wine doesn’t even look good. 

Yeah, you could sense that the comments on that wine the place served were just polite lies. lol And, Naomi with that turned up nose.  lol  I've learned my lesson.  I always take my own beverage, regardless of who says they will handle it, because, I don't trust other people's taste.  lol 

Muscadine wine is rather common in the southeastern US.  (My area.)  It's unfortunate that those who are fans of it, don't realize that it's not very good.   I'm a big wine fan, native southerner and do NOT like it at all.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Why are the girls so worried about Katherine when she doesn’t answer the phone.  She has a Mother and Father.

I believe they are worried about her being depressed and start drinking again.  She went thru this before and perhaps they just want to protect her from herself.     The fact that she is younger than they are and has two children and their father may be going to jail, again, has to have her in turmoil for herself and her kids.  On another note, is all this sleeping around and blabbing to everyone really necessary?  Oh wait, I forgot ….they need the drama.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Last year when she went missing/didn’t return texts Kathryn admitted she went off her medication so I can understand Dani being concerned. I have a close friend who has mental health issues and when we don’t hear from her we also worry because it’s usually not a good sign and it’s often that she has gone off the meds and into a deep depression.

Yeah, and instead of thinking of the kids, they conspired to keep the info from Thomas.  To me, that's not putting the kids first. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I liked the girls' trip.  That place was fun and different.  So was the ride in the SUV.  And yeah, I would imagine it would give a creepy vibe at night.

I think Kat was right in her analysis of herself.  She needs a mentor.  I don't know if she's quite ready for one but she needs one none the less.

I've never cared for Austin and I don't care now.  The guys, in general, have been boring so far.

The guys are boring and one dimensional.   I would think at their age they could be more responsible.     I liked Shep at the beginning, but he has gone down hill every season.  He may die a lonely sick old man at the rate he is going.  His mother seems really nice, as does his family, but she is his worst nightmare....an enabler.  Although she did speak up about the idiotic idea of him getting a dog.  He cannot even take care of himself, or as I mentioned earlier, I would not let him have a goldfish .     Craig and Austen need to get a real job.   I have no clue what Craig is living on for money.   You have to stuff a lot of pillows to maintain any kind of decent lifestyle.  Austen is a waste of oxygen IMO and cannot keep up with the other guys, as much as he wants to be in the in crowd.

• Love 3