Type keyword(s) to search

How Far is Tattoo Far? - General Discussion

• Start Topic

MTV reality show currently on air & in its 2nd season.

Description from MTV's website: "Hosted by Nico Tortorella, Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Justina Valentine, How Far Is Tattoo Far? puts relationships to the ultimate test of trust by asking pairs of friends, family members and couples to design tattoos for each other that won’t be revealed until after they’ve been permanently inked. This season goes even farther with crazier stories, cringier tats and more celebrity clients."

On 6/4/2019 at 9:27 PM, zenithwit said:

Has anyone watched this show?  I'm still trying to wrap my head around why anyone would agree to go on this show.

I've been wondering this myself, who in their right mind would allow someone else to decide what tattoo goes on their body? These people have got to be desperate for their 15 minutes.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/8/2019 at 5:19 PM, GaT said:

I've been wondering this myself, who in their right mind would allow someone else to decide what tattoo goes on their body? These people have got to be desperate for their 15 minutes.

One thing I've noticed is that the MTV "reality stars" who go on this show tend to be less harsh with each other (though some definitely pushed the boundary).  Whereas some of the "regular" people were absolutely savage.  It almost makes me wonder if MTV is screening these people for a future Rivals/Vendettas season of the Challenge.

Edited by zenithwit
  • Love 1
On 6/4/2019 at 11:27 PM, zenithwit said:

Has anyone watched this show?  I'm still trying to wrap my head around why anyone would agree to go on this show.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:19 PM, GaT said:

It's only because I have seen clips of the original British show on the late great and sorely missed Joel McHale Show that I knew to stay away from the American version. I suspect the show makes a lot more sense in the UK. I think there is something culturally that makes this type of thing more normal there than it could ever be here in the US.