Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Auditions 2

• Start Topic

(edited)

All-time unintentional hilarity when Hough expressed confusion over how to think (Dual Cole singer).  Also perfect proof that the jidges simply do Simon's bidding.  When I want your opinion, I'll tell you what it is, eh?

Terry clearly colluded with at least a couple of acts, including the awesome Shin, in his inaugural time as host last Winter.  I'd bet anything GU was in on it with the doll/chair.

One thing I do enjoy about AGT is when they harken back to Barnum, himself.  The Indian coconut/melon smashers are a direct and obvious derivative:  The freak, the talker (manager) and the gimmicked danger.  Step right up!  Well done.

I really enjoyed the Unforgettable "duet."  It was silly and it's a great tune.

Overall, this was as weak as it gets for AGT.  Making matters worse, the new jidges are not established enough, nor savvy enough, to carry it through.  Terry has regressed.  It's fine to be a cheerleader.  It's a joke if that's all he will be allowed to be.

Simon's GB this Tuesday.  Let me guess....A SINGER!????  

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
On 6/8/2019 at 11:56 AM, SG11 said:

And yet... hot.

As I said last week, Julianne’s addition was clearly intended as an attention boost as people find new reasons to hate her. Effective.

I couldn't agree more. I started not liking her when she became a judge on DWTS.

(edited)

Worst GB ever? Definitely.  Not even close, and I was no fan of Grace Van der Waal.

Count me with those who thought the guy singer was a girl. How hip of AGT, with gender fluidity being such a thing now.

Julianne and Gabrielle drooling over the shirtless guy brought back memories of Heidi and MelB, but not in a good way. Would've been cool if they differentiated themselves by not doing the obvious thing. 

The high kicking high school girls sure did look about 25-30. I guess hair and make-up can do that. And as someone else pointed out, their act was not in the slightest bit like a cheerleading routine. I saw "Bring It On" so I know. (Did you know Gabrielle was in that movie?)

I will be fast forwarding through the girl pop dance act every week they're on the show. Which could be a long time. 

I liked Terry Crews when he started. Now I'm thinking it's maybe just because he was Not Tyra. In retrospect, Nick Cannon was a genius.

You know what would've been really cool. If the comedian with the disability came out and didn't a single joke in his act about it.  He seemed to be off in about 30 seconds, while I swear that the toilet seat/tennis rack guy was on for 10 minutes.

One of the few people we saw not making it through also has a toilet seat around his neck. Must be the new in thing.

Edited by bluepiano
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, bluepiano said:

Worst GB ever? Definitely.  Not even close, and I was no fan of Grace Van der Waal.

Count me with those who thought the guy singer was a girl. How hip of AGT, with gender fluidity being such a thing now.

Julianne and Gabrielle drooling over the shirtless guy brought back memories of Heidi and MelB, but not in a good way. Would've been cool if they differentiated themselves by not doing the obvious thing. 

The high kicking high school girls sure did look about 25-30. I guess hair and make-up can do that. And as someone else pointed out, their act was not in the slightest bit like a cheerleading routine. I saw "Bring It On" so I know. (Did you know Gabrielle was in that movie?)

I will be fast forwarding through the girl pop dance act every week they're on the show. Which could be a long time. 

I liked Terry Crews when he started. Now I'm thinking it's maybe just because he was Not Tyra. In retrospect, Nick Cannon was a genius.

You know what would've been really cool. If the comedian with the disability came out and didn't a single joke in his act about it.  He seemed to be off in about 30 seconds, while I swear that the toilet seat/tennis rack guy was on for 10 minutes.

One of the few people we saw not making it through also has a toilet seat around his neck. Must be the new in thing.

I would hardly call it the worst use of the golden buzzer, especially since using it spares us from an extra performance from him - I hope that whenever the last act comes on tonight limping, in a wheelchair, hospital bed, hospital gown, or whatever sob story attire, that they will just hit the golden buzzer and save us from the vignette of "victim staring off into the distance".

The girly looking guy is only like 14, so that's somewhat of a reason, though with all of the other acts that are evidently lacking in testosterone, you'd have to wonder what's in the water. The show trying to sell Heidi and Mel as hot women for years certainly lowered my T levels - you know it's bad when picturing Howie in a prom dress is a more pleasing image. I'm sure everyone else will agree that there is no such thing as a good memory involving Heidi and Mel.

With his "rapid fire" comic delivery, Nick earned the name Cannon. Dad joke aside, he was the best judge by far, especially since I had no desire to see him naked, so he had to actually be good at his job for me to like him. Obviously talent is far more important than looks, but I thought Tyra's attempts at being cute usually succeeded, which is a rarity, since these talent shows usually hire very annoying women (Katy Perry on American Idol ranks number one for most headaches given).

That comedian had a few decent jokes last week, but I know the routine will get run into the ground next time. It's impressive how the show didn't disclose Jackie Fabulous being creatively handicapped, though I'm sure the viewers came to the conclusion for themselves.

10 hours ago, Sounder said:

Sometimes I wonder why you people comment on here if you hate the show so much.......just don't watch ok?

I think it's entertaining to try and come up with ways of making fun of how bad it is, especially since while watching the actual show, I am in no laughing mood. The fact that quite a few other people also hate (but religiously watch) it makes it more fun.

• Love 1
(edited)

Unfortunately, teen boys looking like girls is becoming an in thing now. Not just in Hollywood, but everywhere. Long- haired or man bun, it is becoming a huge trend among teenage boys. Honestly, I wished that trend would die. You could blame the Hansons for starting that. Now every teen boy wants to look like chicks. I don't understand it.

Edited by Robert Lynch

The mismatch between the over-the-top gushing of the judges and the mediocrity of the acts is truly mind-boggling. Although I guess it makes sense given that what else can they do, admit that their cash cow should have been put out to pasture long ago?

Acts I Enjoyed at Least Somewhat: Ambiguously Gendered Singer, Thunder from Down Under - though I thought they were Italian (just for the eye candy, thought their act wasn't anything new), the comedian, and the Golden Buzzer act though I absolutely loathe the Golden Buzzer concept itself, Indian Coconut Smashers 'cause why not.

Ugh Whatever: The mini-Spice Girls - precociousness overload!, Toilet Contortionist, Haunted Chair magician, UnForgettable singer - too gimmicky for me.

Anything else if I missed it must not have been memorable enough. Oh wait, the Light Show kids - I mean, it was good, but like everything else on this show now:

seent it.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Love 1