Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E08: You're The Apple In My Eye

• Start Topic

While in Switzerland, teams are surprised with the first ever public U-turn vote, where racers have to vote in front of each other.

Original airdate 6/5/2019

• Love 1

I liked the uturn vote.

It showed how shitty Rachel really is. Getting all pissed off because someone voted for her and hmmmm they came in last, so I guess it was the right vote. Rachel sure does get shitty really fast when things aren't going her way. I didn't like the way she was constantly partnering up with people. This isn't fucking BB, it all cames down to how your and your partner perform. 

Glad they are gone.

• Love 24

I know TAR usually has lots of great scenery, but this is the first time the scenery was so spectacular that it kept distracting me from the race. I've wanted to see Switzerland since I read Heidi as a little girl. That feeling came back to me full force tonight. 

The dynamic between Rachel and Elissa just cracks me up. I'll miss her going "Rachel!" and shutting her down every time she starts to cry or complain. I kept expecting her to do Dr. Evil's hand gesture, shushing her. 

Loved seeing Colin and his broken ox. I cannot believe the way he has matured. 

Great episode. I'm looking forward to next week. 

• Love 23

Colin and a cow!! Ha ha ha ha ha! Thing is, the other person should go behind the cow and tap her on the butt to get her moving, like Rachel did. You don’t have to twist the tail.  But stay to the side because you never know when she will lift her tail and let loose. Just talk nice to your cow.

Rachel looks so much better without a ton of eye makeup.

I’m watching season 5 right now. Funny to watch Colin before and after. He actually hasn’t changed all that much except he has better control of his temper, plus more relaxed in general. Funny, I like Colin and Christie, and Myrna and Charla much better watching this season 10 years after the first time I watched it.

Becca should aim higher than she thinks she should. Rats, now she’s going too high. Yay!!! She hit it!!!

Finally Rachel and Elissa are gone. You can only get so far on entitlement.

• Love 13

So now Christie can communicate telepathically with cows? Lol. I thought we for sure were going to see an appearance by old Colin but he keeps proving me wrong. 

I was never bothered by Rachel on her previous AR seasons (I don’t watch BB), but man alive she was driving me nuts these past few episodes. And I am one of the few who likes the Afghanimals so I was nervous when they were both at the road block. Good riddance to them. Also it cracked me up how the one Survivor dude kept calling them the “O’Reilly” sisters.  

• Love 18

Never liked the Afghanimals , glad the Reillys are done.

I despise the Reilly sisters (hate is still too strong a word ).  That whole "charm offensive" at the start was offensive. 

Who said "a crying tour of fake eyelashes"?

I understand the calculus of whacking CC first.  The whining sisters can go later, but it works for me.

Good move Chris & Brett. 

"don"t talk to them"  Christie is tough.

Who did Nicole want to U turn?

Are all the scythes the same size? disadvantage Tyler

"My ox is broken!!!!" A well that never runs dry.

More Reilly whining "They won't give us their clue!!!" 

Crossbows!  No more NELs yeah!  More U-Turns?  Please, no.

Becca loses her fun quickly when things don't go her way.

Another solid win for Tyler & Korey.  Chris & Brett seem to really getting the hang of this.

• Love 6
(edited)

You know, sometimes when you hope for something hard enough, it actually happens. *snff* I'm so happy . . .

Forgive me if you've heard this from me before . . . when Brandon & Rachel were on Fear Factor, she beamed about their status as "Reality TV Royalty." [I'll have to check; that didn't sound quite right] Well, the queen bitch is gone. Screw her, screw her sister, and fuck casting Big Brother people on a show with a purpose of going past walking car wrecks. Honestly, I thought the Afghanimals were screwed, but they live to race another day. I was just hoping that we didn't have another Tammy Gaghan situation . . . with Jamil missing the apple like she couldn't find the right bean in a pile, and the friggin' Weavers advanced.

Yeah, it's galling that Rachel holds the mark for most legs run. I know that the Globetrotters and Cowboys have some warts on them, but at least they try to act like nice people. Rachel is just awful. Have I mentioned I'm happy she's out? Because I am.

Only downside is that the U-Turn vote feels like something added to keep TAR "relevant." I mean, awesome that the Reillys got screwed because of it, but it still felt bogus. On the flip side, Colin & Christie finished both tasks, they wound up in third place, and Colin didn't murder an innocent cow.

I liked the Detour. You get to make headdresses for cows? Hey, why the hell not? Meanwhile, we see that Becca is a speed reaper (🎵"She's a demon with a scythe . . . "🎶) She almost blew the Roadblock, but they move on, Chris & Bret slowly earn their right to race, delivering quality snark on the Reillys, and coming close to being the first non-TAR team to win a leg. Nice job for two Survivor cast members who barely anyone remembers.

ETA: Here's the exact quote: “We’re like basically reality TV royalty! It is who we are!”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Love 18
(edited)

This was the first episode where Nicole was annoying to me.  Just at the u-turn vote.  Don't whisper to Victor who you want followed by a wishy washy "I don't know" and then get mad when he doesn't go along with what you said since you both named different teams.  And at that point, the Reilly sisters had already voted and not voted for them so it wasn't that necessary.  Also Leo/Jamal aren't the type to strike me as overly caring if they got voted for out of skill.  Mind you their skill is questionable.  They are either at the top of the pack, or like tonight, have a screw up and are fighting to stay in it.

But point being if she really cared enough to want to vote the Reillys then just say that and not be whiny about it later.   It started to remind me why I usually liked Victor more than her.

Also never need to see the group vote again.  Though I did sort of like there wasn't one group think mentality and most of them voted differently.

I also didn't get what Rachel was trying to explain to Leo/Jamal as if it would do any good.

Don't mind the end result though.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Lamima said:

Nope...wasnt the smartest game move for Chris and Brett to vote Reilly chics but I love them for it. Now I can enjoy the rest of the season.

On the other hand I think they would have a hard time winning against either of those teams (especially if it involves running) so why not get rid of the ones you don't like.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
4 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Rachel looks so much better without a ton of eye makeup.

I thought the exact same thing.

Rachel never really bothered me one way or the other in her previous iterations, and on BB I rooted for her more often that not because the likes of Britney and Ragan were terrible and Porscha was annoying, but her saying “your brand is watching” has pissed me off for the last week, and it got me all riled up again when they showed it in the previouslies.

Who the fuck does she think she is?  She has no right to talk about Nicole’s BRAND, especially when Nicole didn’t do anything even remotely offensive.

And I love Victor so very much, but Nicole not so much, so Rachel causing me to want to defend Nicole is unforgivable.

• Love 6

For the first time I read the spoilers before the season started, just because I wanted to know when Rachel was leaving.  And maybe it's because I read it months and months ago, but I swear I read that she was eliminated in the 4th or 5th episode.  So I was getting a bit scared when they kept making it through.  But now?  Woo!!!  

Absolutely hated the U turn vote.  But if it showed one thing, it's that Rachel should never play poker.  Or if so, she needs to wear a turtleneck.  Her chest was getting blotchier and blotchier as the vote progressed. 

And now, MY Amazing Race can continue. 

• Love 14

I have a feeling if the voting was private, the results would have been quite different.  So now there are one Survivor, one BB and four AR teams left.  Interesting!

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, toodywoody said:

I liked the uturn vote.

It showed how shitty Rachel really is. Getting all pissed off because someone voted for her and hmmmm they came in last, so I guess it was the right vote. Rachel sure does get shitty really fast when things aren't going her way. I didn't like the way she was constantly partnering up with people. This isn't fucking BB, it all cames down to how your and your partner perform. 

Glad they are gone.

I didn't like the concept of this U-turn vote, but am very happy how it turned out.  Now that the "Swiss Democracy" fig leaf is gone.  May it never return.

• Love 15

I thought Chris and Bret pulled a very Survivor-like move by U-turning the (O)Reilly sisters. They weren't in Chris and Bret's "alliance," they made it clear they had no interest in working with Chris and Bret. And there's that classic Survivor move, going back to Lil and Johnny Fairplay (or even before): I know I'm (probably) not going to win, and I want to make sure you don't either.

Tyler and Korey also dropped in my esteem with their snide "oh, won't they be so mad when we beat them" comment about Chris and Bret. Yeah, yeah, raaaaace, but just uncalled for.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I didn’t think they were being snide at all. In fact, I got the opposite impression. Like they almost felt bad about taking away Chris & Brett’s potential first place but it’s a race and they also want to come in first

I agree with this, that what my impression was also, that they felt bad about maybe beating them. I was surprised someone thought otherwise.

• Love 14

Did not like the live U turn vote.

Still, very glad that the sisters were u turned and even gladder that they were eliminated.

But, the sisters did lose a clue. If my memory is correct, they would have received a penalty if they had not been last? That would have been great to see.

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, weightyghost said:

"ABSOLUTELY not."

I love peace and love people who know when a game is a game. 

I think Christie is actually the bigger competitor of the two. Last time they were on, all the focus was on Colin cause he was so loud, but she’s a stone cold killer at TAR. After watching today, I know who makes sure their house runs. 

• Love 24
9 minutes ago, SHD said:

This may be the first time there’s this many teams left and I like them all! Any team left could win and I’d be OK with it.

Yes!  That was a definite "Ding, dong, the Bitch and Botox Queen are dead!" happy moment.  There are a few teams left I like more than others, but none will make me upset if they win.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

But, the sisters did lose a clue. If my memory is correct, they would have received a penalty if they had not been last? That would have been great to see.

There’s no penalty for losing your clue. Never has been.

5 minutes ago, chaifan said:

How did Tyler & Corey get ahead of Chris & Brett?  C&B were talking about a funicular, but it seems T&C walked up.  I wasn't clear what happened.

There were 2 options to get to Phil, you could walk or take the funicular. Tyler and Korey chose the walk option but Chris and Brett decided to take the funicular but switched to the walk option when they saw that the funicular wasn’t leaving for another hour.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I think Christie is actually the bigger competitor of the two. Last time they were on, all the focus was on Colin cause he was so loud, but she’s a stone cold killer at TAR. After watching today, I know who makes sure their house runs. 

This.  With Colin now in his "zen" mode, her determination really shows.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, chaifan said:

How did Tyler & Corey get ahead of Chris & Brett?  C&B were talking about a funicular, but it seems T&C walked up.  I wasn't clear what happened.

There were two ways to get to Phil, running and a funicular, C&B tried the funicular but it ran on a schedule and would not come for almost an hour so then they -had- to run. But they would have lost even if they had chosen to run to begin with since T&K are faster.

• Love 8

I am so glad the the (O)Reilly sisters are gone.  I cannot stand them and FF through their spiel on the mat.  Do not give a rat's ass what they have to say.

C&C really impressed today and I'm glad that Colin has a sense of humour about the cows.  I still remember when Christie lost her shit in S5 about getting yielded, so I think that they are both serious competitors.

Nicole is a bit whiny, but nothing compared to Rachel.  I'm not huge fans of the Afganimals, but I don't hate them yet.  So far, I'm OK with anyone winning.

Just now, Lamima said:

I thought you had to bring all clues to the mat with you. Or penalty. No?

I think that because they were last, it didn't matter.  A penalty would have still made them last.

Or perhaps they did run back to get the clue and didn't show it on air.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 minutes ago, aemom said:

I think that because they were last, it didn't matter.  A penalty would have still made them last.

Or perhaps they did run back to get the clue and didn't show it on air.

I know but someone up thread mentioned that there was no penalty for losing a clue. I thought they had to have them all to check in on the mat or face a time penalty if they can't go get the clue.

Edited by Lamima
  • Love 3
(edited)

Colin and Christie decorating the cow was a good time for the producers to bring back video of Colin’s death stare at Chip when they finally got to decorate the jeepney after the yield.

That may have been when Miss Alli also noted that Christie has a bit of a bite to her when stressed.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Lamima said:

I thought you had to bring all clues to the mat with you. Or penalty. No?

No. You have to have your passport in order for Phil to check you In.

3 minutes ago, aemom said:

Nicole is a bit whiny, but nothing compared to Rachel.  I'm not huge fans of the Afganimals, but I don't hate them yet.  So far, I'm OK with anyone winning.

For me the difference is that Rachel plays up the drama for the camera because that’s her “brand” and what keeps getting her invited back. Some of it you can tell is just bad acting. Like how many times have we seen her “cry” without any actual tears. Nicole, on the other hand, is whiny for real.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

There’s no penalty for losing your clue. Never has been.

Clues:
A. In order to check-in at the pit-stop, the team must have in its possession all the clues that have been given to them during the leg of the race. If they don't, they must retrieve the missing clue before checking-in.
B. Each team is allowed only one Clue per Route Marker. Otherwise, they will incur a 30-minute time penalty. (Losing the clue and going back for another.)

found that here: https://sites.google.com/site/theamazingracesite/Home/rules-of-the-game

• Useful 12
  • Love 10
(edited)

I don’t see how that’s possible, unless it’s a new rule. Because there have been many teams over the years that have lost their clues and none of them received penalties. (Unless maybe it didn’t affect the order so it was never shown on camera?)

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I've seen teams lose a clue but then they search and find it. I've seen a few teams incur a penalty but not sure if for a missing clue. I've seen teams freak out thinking they lost a clue. I always thought they had to have all the clues when checking in on the mat.

• Love 9
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

I don’t see how that’s possible, unless it’s a new rule. Because there have been many teams over the years that have lost their clues and none of them received penalties.

And they have been made to go back to get it, Chip (Colin's season 5) is a case in point when he and Kim came upon a task by accident they had to go back to get the clue for it before Phil could check them in. And someone else Aaron? just took another clue from the box and they got a penalty for doing that.

Edited by dgpolo
add info
  • Useful 3
  • Love 10

I'm fine with the live U-Turn vote because the Reilly sisters are gone. Yay! So glad about that. 

Never watched BB and haven't watched Survivor in years, so I don't know any of the teams except the AR teams. I have to say I haven't been a fan of most of the other teams from the other shows, but don't mind Chris and Brett and Nicole and Victor. I'm so glad the Reilly sisters are gone and I think CBS should retire them from all TV appearances. They are annoying beyond belief. 

• Love 10
(edited)
4 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

And they have been made to go back to get it, Chip is a case in point when he and Kim came upon a task by accident they had to go back to get the clue for it before Phil could check them in. And someone else Aaron? just took another clue from the box and they got a penalty for doing that.

Yes but Chip and Kim stumbled upon a task by accident without picking up the clue that was supposed to lead them there, which isn’t the same as losing your clue. But then there were other times, for example, back in season 2 when Wil and Tara lost their clue in an airport and had to fly to the next city without knowing where they were supposed to go. So....? Maybe they tweaked the rules later.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 6
(edited)

If you know Colin and Christie, then you know to a very high probability they will get through tasks very quickly. If they are getting themselves somewhere and not by taxis, then they’re also pretty quick. In other words finishing third in spite of a UTurn is essentially normal for them. So I wasn’t at all surprised. 

And this third place now gives them the longest streak for a team finishing at or above fourth place over multiple seasons with 18 (last 10 of season 5, all 8 legs of season 31 to date.) as to Rachel’s individual racer streak, she’s very fortunate she made final three with Brandon her first two times because he kept her in check. Not so with Elissa. She’s very fortunate she survived  this long.

Edited by theschnauzers
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

Oh, God, we're still stuck with Leo and Jamal.  I'd take Rachel and Elissa over them any day.  I mean, yes, Rachel and Elissa were villains, but they were entertaining villains.  Leo and Jamal are just a-holes.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 12