Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Caught Between an Ex and a Hard Place

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Time will tell if Bethenny "genuinely" cares for Sonja...

I think time HAS told. Because Sonja has pissed Bethenny off a few times over the years, but Bethenny keeps letting her back in and trying to support her. This isn't the first time she's looked after a madly inebriated Sonja. 

14 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Why was Bethenny cooking eggs after the chef put on a full spread ? Not enough attention I guess.

I assumed someone wanted eggs, but didn't want to go around demanding things like Lu and her coffee. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think time HAS told. Because Sonja has pissed Bethenny off a few times over the years, but Bethenny keeps letting her back in and trying to support her. This isn't the first time she's looked after a madly inebriated Sonja. 

I assumed someone wanted eggs, but didn't want to go around demanding things like Lu and her coffee. 

Uh...whatever...I'm really not all that interested or invested in their "friendship"...and I'm done debating this.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, nexxie said:

I like that tradition, but never heard these names - they’re good ones.

Tinsley Ellis is an excellent musician from down South. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, film noire said:

I like Tins, and  I think it's interesting she's mourning the relationship instead of being all closing scene in a Lifetime movie ("Only a few months ago I would've done anything to hear you say you wanted to get back together -  but now I've met somebody I respect - I've met myself!")  I don't think Scott is worth mourning  - why grieve an asshole who sent diamond ring photos, floral arrangements that split the esthetic difference between dying at sea & winning the Preakness,  a worm-faced fucker who pretended to hate the spotlight while using Tinsley's fame to promote his dumbass Coupin Cabin bullshit -  but at least it shows she doesn't see men as disposable ego wipes.  (And my cold heart twinged for her tonight,  hearing Frankel oh-so-casually deride Tinsley for not having the real gift -  a daughter. Jesus, Frankel can be such a savage beast.  She'll mock the most painful bruises on a human soul if it makes her feel fleetingly good about her own life.)

Bethenny & Luann = narcisister from a different mister.

MERCIFUL GOD, I PRAY UNTO THEE, GIRD MY LOINS AS I ENTER THE LAIR OF THY FAITHLESS SERVANT, LUANN THE LEECH.

I think what Luann is sensing, but is incapable of explaining (because anything beyond "Me. Applause. Pussy tingling. Greenbacks in pocket. Happy hour!" stymies her) is that her castmates are pissed that Luann endured a public stumble - a beaut of a falling down involving cops, jail, handcuffs, a humiliating divorce -  but somehow Luann has risen from the ashes (with the speed of a mutating virus)  and turned ALL of it into fodder for a fucking night club act.  (If that pisses ME off, I can only imagine how much it must piss them off.)  I wish this fulsome, grandiose Luann were more like the woman who left the stick up her ass buried in that rosebush - earthy,  self-deprecating, at ease with messy things - but friggin'  Madam is in the house until they post the closing notices, so fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night.

davis.gif

I think this is a great explanation. The fact that Lu can make lemons out of lemonade and still carry herself in a manner that says, nope you're not gonna bring me down. I think that's commendable and I think it's shitty that the women are so hell bent on forcing Lu to feel a certain kind of way about herself. How old is LU?? One thing I made peace with after my 44 years on this earth is that you can't force anyone to be someone they are NOT. Sure you can try to shame some people into changing  their ways, or guilt them into being more filtered and yeah there are people out there you actually receiving feedback graciously and actually apply it to making some sort of change BUT when you find yourself dealing with someone who has made it apparent they have no intentions of changing who they are based on catty, shitty and hypocritical jabs thrown about in the nastiest of ways year after year after year then ummmm honey there's no point. 

These women just want to have a go at Lu and season after season they want to dress it up in some sort of "we just want to help her be better" narrative using Lu's not so hot behavior lead the charge. I don't get why they don't just lay it out on the table and however Lu reacts or receives it then whatever. You can't force her to have a response you want her to have. You just have to accept it and then decide for yourself how YOU flow with her after that cause she's already shown you how she do. 

These women just want to be able to bitch Lu out whenever they feel like it cause they want to indulge in there own anger towards her for whatever reason. Every year my biggest gripe is, have it out with her in the moment or shortly thereafter and get it the fuck off your chest. Either hash it out, curse her out, have a agree to disagree moment and move the fuck on. Lu can be a lot to deal with but the way in which these women turn her aggravating character traits into a war to be waged. Geez!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, nexxie said:

Yikes - that preview! Bethenny loses her shit because Lu is out-narcissisting her, and then suddenly becomes the poor pitiful victim in order to regain the crown.

(Well, narcissisting should be a word.)

Again with this. Someone p- - -es Frankel off enough that she completely loses it. Shrieks at the person who triggered her. Tries to eviscerate that person. Then she realizes this meltdown makes her look demonic and deranged; it might adversely affect her business and image, which triggers the sobbing and wailing. 

Another explanation might be that she suddenly realizes that after all the therapy, after Dennis’s death “changed her,” she is still a cruel, bitter, rage-consumed person; no matter where she goes, there she is, which is an awful revelation and would make anyone collapse in a puddle of tears. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
6 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Again with this. Someone p- - -es Frankel off enough that she completely loses it. Shrieks at the person who triggered her. Tries to eviscerate that person. Then she realizes this meltdown makes her look demonic and deranged; it might adversely affect her business and image, which triggers the sobbing and wailing. 

Another explanation might be that she suddenly realizes that after all the therapy, after Dennis’s death “changed her,” she is still a cruel, bitter, rage-consumed person; no matter where she goes, there she is, which is an awful revelation and would make anyone collapse in a puddle of tears. 

My guess: ALL of the above. Narcissistic rage at not being the center of attention, followed by image awareness, the inherent shame of the condition, then strategizing and changing direction to reclaim attention and deflect blame.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Rahul said:

Bethenny certainly has an acerbic wit, but in this case I am certain that comment from was an off the cuff remark, not some calculated, malicious statement meant to cut Tinsley deep. Bethenny was simply remarking that she was okay not receiving a freebie from the artists because she has the greatest present she could already ask for in her daughter, and that's enough for her.

That is how I took it and didn't even consider the other scenario.

• Love 9
4 hours ago, bosawks said:

I'm thinking that "Make way for thee SS Ramona" is going to be my new phrase when I want people to get out of my way.

My favorite shot of the night was Tinsley speaking to Dabney about not having it in her anymore to drink, flirt - cuts to her batting her lashes, sucking in deep so her cheeks go in and tilting her head to the side...flash over to Ramona doing the same but with twitching

Throwback Thursday

giphy.gif

Ramona starring in the ORIGINAL Birdbox- she's ahead of her time

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Would someone here even bother to wave at me going by as I stand alone on my rocky, barren, windswept little island and say that I harbor a molecule or two of suspicion that Sonja is putting on about 75% or more of her overacting, hysterical babbling?  What else can she do to get this kind of attention and camera time, with no storyline, no Miss Havisham house, no romantic relationship, no business?

No waves?  Okay, I'll just stand here by myself looking all Gothic and godforsaken.

HA! A couple of episodes ago I asked about the possibility that Sonja was acting - she does love an opportunity to act nutty on stage.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love Bethenny but I do believe the last part of her sentence "She doesn't" was a jab.

The "She" was Tinsley

However, I still don't believe Tinsley wants a child.

Tinsley didn't seem to be upset at all by the comment.

How do we know that? Just curious. I don't think Tins heard it at the time. Wasn't she walking behind Bethenny with a few of the ladies in between when she said that? 

I felt gut punched when Bethenny said that and I don't even have any skin in this game. It was absolutely the lowest blow to add "she doesn't" knowing Tinsley is desperately struggling with the mistakes she has made in her life and the consequences of those mistakes. 

B is jealous of Tinsley. I don't exactly know why, either. She has said several times that Tinsley is beautiful and I think B is jealous of that. Tinsley is also refined and has manners, compared to B who tries really hard but is basically "raised by wolves" (her own words). Then Tins gets a gift from the artist which really burned B. Deep down in her gazillion dollar heart B is very insecure. She's a hateful shrew.   

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

I'm of two minds on Tinsley now that I've seen the whole episode. It was so immature and ungrateful what she did when Bethenny brought her over to Meet the guy at the party. It was TOTALLY middle school/stunted behavior. I'm shocked as Tinsley usually has basic social graces and that's all anyone was asking of her. Just chat up an acquaintance in a calm, intelligent manner. Not run off with your sister whole giggling and shouting what a "loser" you are and then jokingly lick a straw. 

Other hand is: I get it. She was with Scott in a very involved and somewhat long term relationship.  It's like that person becomes your "home." There is a comfort there and everyone else is strange and alien to you.  Being asked to engage with a person when you feel like you've lost your "home"/your partner, is hard. Seeing a strange new face and having to imagine moving on- it makes the loss more real. I felt kind of sorry for her. The other end is her low self esteem. I've been there before.  

I must be the only one on this board who thinks Tinsley wasn't really thinking about Scott but NICO

I think it was telling when Dabney and Tinsley were walking back into the house discussing Tinsley's search for her next "victim".  I think Tinsley wants a man who is rich (another trust fund guy).

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Pickles said:

Kevin the rum guy seems too nice and normal for Ramona. 

He’s too young for her.  These women will all remain single as long as they continue to believe that they are more of a catch than they actually are.  They all want young good looking rich guys. How about a companion to share old age with?  Someone you can laugh with, travel, be there for each other.   Dorinda seems to be the only one who has that.  A man who adores her for who she is. 

• Love 12
3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

This!  It was leaving the door open to drink later IMO.  

When Luann said she'd start with a Coke - was I the only one thinking she was hinting at cocaine and not coca cola?

Pump-Rules-James-Not-About-the-Pasta-Cro

It is SO about the Pasta!

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

When Luann said she'd start with a Coke - was I the only one thinking she was hinting at cocaine and not coca cola?

snip

I was pretty sure it was more blatant than that.  I thought LuLu said 'start with coke'.  That little 'a' makes a big difference.  😄  And, yes, that is what I was thinking too.

My old ears picked up after that.  I might be wrong though.  I don't know.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, kicksave said:

Oh please...this whole thing with Bethenny and Sonja is not about friendship. It's about Bethenny getting some ego trip off of Sonja's pathetic mess of a life. It's pretty transparent.

They may not be BFFs but I think that Bethenny genuinely cares for Sonja and does not want to see her fail. She also kind of mentored her with the clothing line, which got a nice review from Elle earlier this year and the shoe line.

1 hour ago, ancslove said:

Yeah, Bravo kind of mocked Sonja’s show.  It was during Sonja’s really, really messy phase of trying to relive the good old days.  But then they took Luann’s venture super seriously, bringing in a top producer and genuine stage stars.  I don’t think even Bethenny was given this much hands-on professional support.  

Who says Bravo did all of that work for Luann? I think she knew the producer and worked with him on her own and he helped her get the other performers.

57 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I love Bethenny but I do believe the last part of her sentence "She doesn't" was a jab.

The "She" was Tinsley

However, I still don't believe Tinsley wants a child.

Tinsley didn't seem to be upset at all by the comment.

I also suspect that Tinsley doesn't really want a baby and Bethenny agrees with us. It was unkind but maybe her way of trying to get her to give birth or get off the pot.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I would toss all of those art gifts in a tag sale.

I recently bought a house and am in the process of painting . . . I was going to just recycle the paint cans but now I am going to slap a Campbell's tomato soup label on them, change it just enough not to be copyright infringement, and sell them for $5K apiece. That will make a nice dent in my mortgage! 🙄

I kinda liked the Swarowski heart sculptures. In the right design setting, they'd be gorgeous. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

Can I just say that it wouldn't bother me one iota if Lu isn't 100% sober? I don't think alcohol is her problem. I think there are other things she needs to focus on and heal and that's what is going to regulate her irresponsible drinking. I don't think she has to cut off alcohol forever I just think that in her fragile emotional and mental state due to the last few years of her life being all kinds of crazy she has not been managing her drinking well.

You see the first thing people like to throw out there is "oh she has to get sober, she's an alcoholic, AA has to be a way of life for her now..." I roll my eyes. Some people have a chemical reaction and issue with alcohol itself and some people have life issues that cause them to self medicate or escape through alcohol and substances. I'm a firm believer of 100% sobriety if you're a chemically dependent alcoholic and it's officially a disease for you. But for those people who let their drinking get out of control because other parts of their lives were falling apart so they wanted to just escape into alcohol. That's a different sort of problem. One that I feel does not require a life of 0 alcohol. Maybe that sounds bad but I truly think that it's very important to diagnose the true issue and heal the correct wounds and not just label everything alcoholism, hit AA, become 100% sober and viola. 

It just sounds so naive to me. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Daphne? DABNEY.  Never change Ramona ! 

The Countess needs her coffee ! What a bitch. 

I would toss all of those art gifts in a tag sale. Tacky. Ramona bailed at an appropriate time. I’m with her. The talk she had w Luann was spot on. Ramona is GOLD. I think she is still overboard in love with Mario though . Their chemistry is so great.   I was grinning to the depths of my cold withered heart when Kevin and Mario were introduced . AWKWARD. Loved it. 

Why was Bethenny cooking eggs after the chef put on a full spread ? Not enough attention I guess.

In case you didn’t hear Luann say it ten times .......did you know she was going to a meeting ? 🙂 

is Tony Kennedy a Kennedy? Thought he said his name was Tony Kennedy. He looked preppy enough to be a Kennedy of the Chappaquiddick Au Bar Kennedys. 

I also think Ramona is still in love with Mario but I don't see her ever seriously getting back with him long term. I could see her having another few romps in bed with him. I think what Mario did to her cut her to her core. First the cheating with someone closer to Avery's age, and then with the divorce - Ramona having to buy him out of the properties she bought. I can see Ramona in a long term committed relationship with another man but I don't think she will ever marry.

I love that Ramona in general dates men who are older, with grown children as opposed to Sonja and Luann who are just looking for Fuck Boys.

The eggs Bethenny made didn't look appetizing. If I have eggs scrambled I do like them soft - but not phlegmy looking

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
16 minutes ago, Ellee said:

I was pretty sure it was more blatant than that.  I thought LuLu said 'start with coke'

Correct me if I'm wrong here but i heard "start with a DIET coke." I usually pay attention to who drinks diet or not. Like this week on BH, Rinna ordered diet coke while Erika Girardi got a REGULAR coke. I thought by now everyone was aware of how bad diet drinks are for you (unless of course you're diabetic and can't have regular). If you're going for a soda, IMO, spring for the full bodied version.  Still probably less calories than binging alcohol.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I don't watch them all, but I have to agree with you.  We see these women early morning waking up with eyelashes still glued on and mascara smeared. 

Seeing Ramona wake up with those thick lashes stuck to her eyes and without make up....my eyes, my eyes!.  Whatever makeup these women spackle on, I'd like to buy it for my walls.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but i heard "start with a DIET coke." I usually pay attention to who drinks diet or not. Like this week on BH, Rinna ordered diet coke while Erika Girardi got a REGULAR coke. I thought by now everyone was aware of how bad diet drinks are for you (unless of course you're diabetic and can't have regular). If you're going for a soda, IMO, spring for the full bodied version.  Still probably less calories than binging alcohol.

You are probably correct.  That may be a post that I shouldn't have made.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

Sonja seems to think she got away with something because she was not enormously hung-over this episode.  It doesn't work that way.  In my experience, as someone who has been prescribed Adderall for many years, it completely kills a hangover.  I loved her bathing suit though.  And she said it was only 40 bucks.  I'm also glad Sonja cut down heavily on drinking for the party.  Shows a smidgen of growth.  I don't think Luann is legitimately concerned with Sonja either.  If she was, she would have been there when the paramedics arrived.

While I think Luann might have been concerned about Sonja, I think Luann wasn't in bed as she said but high on coke and drunk in her room. She didn't want to go over there, otherwise the paramedics would have been shining that penlight into those dilated pupils of hers.

She stormed off after dinner, she made sure to pull the black shades down - it was night time what was she hiding? Did anyone remember Bethenny going into her room and glancing around the flat surfaces like she was looking for drug paraphernalia?

At the party, when Luann sat next to Tony - I thought she was a bit drunk and high,

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Ellee said:

You are probably correct.  That may be a post that I shouldn't have made.  

LoL. Oh trust me there's no way in hell Countess Lu is sober of everything! But she is probably too calm for coke the way she acts all "cool....not, uncool." I think she likes to party too much to be off everything tho.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

It's about Bethenny getting some ego trip off of Sonja's pathetic mess of a life. It's pretty transparent

This. Bethenny surrounds herself with people beneath her in status because she likes feeling better than everyone else. She also strategically inserts herself into everything, ready with a quip, knowing it'll make the show or go viral.

I've only recently started following her on IG. If she has any friends, they all refuse to let her film them. The only people you see are other Housewives, her dogs and her boyfriend who clearly doesn't want to be filmed.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Mondrianyone said:

Would someone here even bother to wave at me going by as I stand alone on my rocky, barren, windswept little island and say that I harbor a molecule or two of suspicion that Sonja is putting on about 75% or more of her overacting, hysterical babbling?  What else can she do to get this kind of attention and camera time, with no storyline, no Miss Havisham house, no romantic relationship, no business?

No waves?  Okay, I'll just stand here by myself looking all Gothic and godforsaken.

In other news, Bethenny just wanted everyone to see she could drop $10 g's without blinking an eye on a sign anyone could've DIY'd with ten bucks' worth of green paint and a stencil.

And no, they shouldn't have asked for gifts from the artists for their absent friends.  You want the goody bag, you show up.

I actually think Sonja goes overboard on the drinking and eating when someone else is footing the bill. It's like she knows when the cameras are off, it's back to off brand Ramen Noodles and Wine In A Box.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
54 minutes ago, Lemons said:

They all want young good looking rich guys.

They all suffer from Ilooktenyearsyoungerthaniamitis. They all think they can pass for much younger than they are. I see it here in NYC all the time. This city is full of men and women who refuse to date people their own age.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Can I just say that it wouldn't bother me one iota if Lu isn't 100% sober? I don't think alcohol is her problem. I think there are other things she needs to focus on and heal and that's what is going to regulate her irresponsible drinking. I don't think she has to cut off alcohol forever I just think that in her fragile emotional and mental state due to the last few years of her life being all kinds of crazy she has not been managing her drinking well.

You see the first thing people like to throw out there is "oh she has to get sober, she's an alcoholic, AA has to be a way of life for her now..." I roll my eyes. Some people have a chemical reaction and issue with alcohol itself and some people have life issues that cause them to self medicate or escape through alcohol and substances. I'm a firm believer of 100% sobriety if you're a chemically dependent alcoholic and it's officially a disease for you. But for those people who let their drinking get out of control because other parts of their lives were falling apart so they wanted to just escape into alcohol. That's a different sort of problem. One that I feel does not require a life of 0 alcohol. Maybe that sounds bad but I truly think that it's very important to diagnose the true issue and heal the correct wounds and not just label everything alcoholism, hit AA, become 100% sober and viola. 

It just sounds so naive to me. 

I agree with you. And when she is no longer on probation, she will probably go back to drinking regularly so needs to get the other issues in her life in order. Her getting into this situation was a result of her terrible reaction to the end of her sham marriage combined with getting stupid drunk and having a run-in with the police. But she is a hot ego-maniacal mess and deluded, to boot, if she thinks the other ladies are jealous of her and don't want her to succeed.

• Love 8
(edited)
23 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I actually think Sonja goes overboard on the drinking and eating when someone else is footing the bill. It's like she knows when the cameras are off, it's back to off brand Ramen Noodles and Wine In A Box.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that (she says as she tries to hide the Cardboard Sauvignon and spicy chicken Mr. Noodle). 

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 10
17 hours ago, pieinmyeye said:

I guess Lu performed in Atlanta last week. I haven’t heard otherwise. Did anyone here see her or happen to know someone who did?

I heard she sold out.

5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Sonja throwing that whole eel down her throat in one shot and practically choking was ridiculous.  She probably eats nothing at home, then gorges when they film and go out.  She’s the type to stuff food in her pocketbook and take it home for the next few days.

Tinsley has to stop crying.  Does she just want a guy wrapped up in a bow to land at her door?  She has to get out there and be charming,           not a scardy cat.  Why in hell didn’t she go over to that guy who Beth wanted her to meet?  He looked nice.  Instead, she walked away giggling like a little girl with her sister and missed her chance.  Now I don’t feel bad for her.  She is her own worst enemy.  Stop crying like a little girl.  You had your chance numnuts and you blew it.

Yeah, wasn't there sashimi on that tray? What about B's allergy to fish? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

You look beautiful moody & mysterious, Mondrianyone Bronte ; )

And you may be right; for someone as inebriated as Sonja, she sure showed signs of deft motor skills.  Just missing hitting her head on the table. Perching perfectly over the side of the bed (without falling over) as her mouth eagerly sought out Bethenny's butt - she literally kissed the woman's ass (which proves mental disturbance of some kind, if not intoxication).

I'd feel much better if Sonja were faking-for-pay (as Dorinda always says, Sonja is a professional!) 

33 minutes ago, Ellee said:

That may be a post that I shouldn't have made.  

I laughed at your post, so thanks for that (and with Luann, who knows?  Maybe doing  diet coke  =  cutting a line of cocaine with aspartame   : )  

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 15
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

snip

I laughed at your post, so thanks for that (with Luann, who knows?  Maybe doing  diet coke  =  cutting a line of cocaine with aspartame ; )  

Wish I would have thought of that!!!!

Best giggle I've had all day!!

• Love 2

I don't think Luann would ever be willing to admit to anything.  She has never been able to even give a sincere apology to anyone without a but you did ........

When you look at her life there is really nothing but drinking, screwing a lot of men and going out to party.

You could argue that she had and raised two children, but she made it clear she was more interested in her social life and that house she recently just had to have.

She would have to admit that she has very little "real" going on.   I think its too late for her to learn how to be humble and decent.

Besides, she alone got herself into this mess and she is now in the legal system. If a judge or probation officer deem her alcoholic then that's that.  I am sure her alcohol level was also a good indicator of whether or not she has a drinking problem.

She herself has said she can't have just a couple of drinks, she wants 20 or more.

Her anger this season imo is stemming from being unable to drink and I see that as a huge problem.   Whatever her true problems are, its causing her to act like a world class(less) witch and being unable to refrain from drinking for what I consider a very short time.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that (she says as she tried to hide the Cardboard Sauvignon and spicy chicken Mr. Noodle). 

I don't think there's anything wrong with that either, but Sonja has that 8 months of the year day in and day out.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Ellee said:

http://www.bravotv.com/video/share/3967416

Not sure this will work.  A preview of next week from Bravo. 

Watch LuLu!   Might be just me again ..... but boy did she suck that soda down. 

From what Sonja said, it sounds like Luann likes to be the star of AA! Why am I not surprised! Only Lu. She's got a built-in audience to entertain!

• Love 2

She stormed off after dinner, she made sure to pull the black shades down - it was night time what was she hiding? Did anyone remember Bethenny going into her room and glancing around the flat surfaces like she was looking for drug paraphernalia?

Agree that Lu is likely using but I pull the black shades down so the sun doesn't come bother me in the morning and I want to sleep in.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:
8 hours ago, Rahul said:

Bethenny certainly has an acerbic wit, but in this case I am certain that comment from was an off the cuff remark, not some calculated, malicious statement meant to cut Tinsley deep. Bethenny was simply remarking that she was okay not receiving a freebie from the artists because she has the greatest present she could already ask for in her daughter, and that's enough for her.

That is how I took it and didn't even consider the other scenario.

I thought B was responding to Lu, not Tinsley, when she said her daughter was her present. Coulda sworn that was Lu's baritone voice I heard...

• Love 2
(edited)

The best line of the night for me was Bethenny's TH when she said, in referring to Ramona, "You floose, you loose". I flove it!! Though I didn't care for any of the art that they were gifted, especially at the first stop. Fugly. 

I really like Dabney. Can we have more of her, and no more of her mother? Ever? 

I thought when Beth was going to introduce Tinsley to a guy at the party, it was going to be the good looking Tony guy. Not that there was anything wrong with the guy she did introduce TIns to, and to me he looked to be about the same age as Scott. But with Scott Tins had the whole background before hand, most likely including his bank balance. I felt sorry for the guy, even if Tins was calling herself a loser for not being able to converse. 

I loved the views at the house, but hated the decor. There is no reason that a beach house can't have some colour, even if you prefer mostly white. This was white on white on white - totally cold and uninviting looking. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

I thought B was responding to Lu, not Tinsley, when she said her daughter was her present. Coulda sworn that was Lu's baritone voice I heard...

You may be right.  I need to rewatch.  

(edited)

I am disappointed in Lu always talking about AA on the show. If she really knew anything about AA at all, she would know we have a tradition to maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio and films. (This includes tv) When a celebrity talks about going to AA and then goes back out drinking, it looks bad and discourages others from trying AA which could possibly cost them their lives.

Edited by hoosiermom
Wording
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12
(edited)
9 hours ago, Rahul said:

Bethenny was simply remarking that she was okay not receiving a freebie from the artists because she has the greatest present she could already ask for in her daughter, and that's enough for her.

That's not what Frankel said, though - she didn't leave it as a general comment about her daughter being a gift.  Instead, she targeted the one woman in the group who is not a mother (and who has frozen her eggs in hopes of becoming a mother) by pointing out that Tinsley is without a child: "You know what? I have a daughter. That's my present. She doesn't." It was a vicious thing to say, and I hope Tinsley reams her out at the reunion.

Edited by film noire
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

I was going to say something about this. She seemed very upset that people were concerned about and checking on Sonja, who may have suffered a concussion, and not her and her hurt feelings.

She was the same way after Beth reamed her at Blue Stone Manor. She couldn't understand why Jules, who had stepped outside to deal with her father's loss (illness?), didn't want to console her.

OMG, I forgot about that.  It was so obnoxious.  She barely even acknowledged Jules' pain.

• Love 11