Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Caught Between an Ex and a Hard Place

• Start Topic

I'm of two minds on Tinsley now that I've seen the whole episode. It was so immature and ungrateful what she did when Bethenny brought her over to Meet the guy at the party. It was TOTALLY middle school/stunted behavior. I'm shocked as Tinsley usually has basic social graces and that's all anyone was asking of her. Just chat up an acquaintance in a calm, intelligent manner. Not run off with your sister whole giggling and shouting what a "loser" you are and then jokingly lick a straw. 

Other hand is: I get it. She was with Scott in a very involved and somewhat long term relationship.  It's like that person becomes your "home." There is a comfort there and everyone else is strange and alien to you.  Being asked to engage with a person when you feel like you've lost your "home"/your partner, is hard. Seeing a strange new face and having to imagine moving on- it makes the loss more real. I felt kind of sorry for her. The other end is her low self esteem. I've been there before.  

• Love 24
13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get the Luann hate.  To me she's no different than any of these other women.  All of them are narcissistic.  All of them are ME ME ME.  So they need to STFU about Luann.  

I love how everybody's like "Luann's awful, she's narcissistic.  BUT SO ARE ALL OF THEM.

As someone who likes Bethenny, I hear you. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I agree with most of your comments although how much confidence could you possibly have in the longevity of a relationship when neither one of them were willing to move?  During one episode, she mentioned her "brand" is in NY, so she wasn't willing to move.  Someone has to make that compromise or how can you have a serious, lasting, child-producing relationship if you live thousands of miles away from each other?  If she put all this faith into that relationship, then she's really stupid.

Totally agreed. I am curious if Scott had ever flat out said - I love you, I want to marry you, I want you to move to Chicago, I want us to start our lives together" - if Tinsley would have said yes, yes, yes and done all that.

I feel like he never gave her that or the security in that he absolutely wanted to be with her. So the fact that he didn't, she's stayed in denial, and they could do this dance of "Well, we live in different places, I need to build my brand....." Excuses. If the guy is all in, at this point in your life, then go for the happiness. Go to Chicago, have your man, have your babies, find a project or something fulfilling. You don't need a brand. And it's still a big city like Chicago - not some little town in Iowa or something.

I just wonder if Scott was ever truly all in and really wanted her to move there. It doesn't seem like it. I bet with a commitment and if she felt he truly loved her and wanted to be with her, she would have moved. Or quite honestly - what exactly does she do?? She's living in a hotel. No real roots. She can go anywhere. She could hang out there most of the time and still do NYC things if she so chooses. It's not like she has a 9-5 job. My guess is he hasn't seriously asked, or at least not in way where she wants to move there without feeling secure in the relationship. That commitment hasn't been there and she knows it. And it sucks. But she hung on longer than she should too because she wants it to work and the alternative is hard too.

But, who knows. You are absolutely right - if this is a real relationship, then you make sacrifices to be together because that's what important to you, and find a way to be in the same city. Neither of them has kids that would be a bigger factor in someone's ability to relocate.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

And you didn’t get a present.

You know what. I have a daughter. That’s my present. She doesn’t.

————-

Nice.

That was a cruel and nasty thing to say.

She might have gotten a present if she didn't walk into the studio and, immediately, "have to have" a piece from the artist's personal collection. Just sayin'

• Love 18

SLICK Mario! Anyone catch that when Ramona and her "date " stood near Mario, as If planned, Mario brings up Avery! You f'n co** blocking sneak! I see you! Bring up the daughter which then Ramona can't NOT engage in that convo, thereby icing out the "date." I saw the guy just walked away at that point and Mario was all smiles.  Touché!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 13
15 minutes ago, divsc said:

Totally agreed. I am curious if Scott had ever flat out said - I love you, I want to marry you, I want you to move to Chicago, I want us to start our lives together" - if Tinsley would have said yes, yes, yes and done all that.

I feel like he never gave her that or the security in that he absolutely wanted to be with her. So the fact that he didn't, she's stayed in denial, and they could do this dance of "Well, we live in different places, I need to build my brand....." Excuses. If the guy is all in, at this point in your life, then go for the happiness. Go to Chicago, have your man, have your babies, find a project or something fulfilling. You don't need a brand. And it's still a big city like Chicago - not some little town in Iowa or something.

I just wonder if Scott was ever truly all in and really wanted her to move there. It doesn't seem like it. I bet with a commitment and if she felt he truly loved her and wanted to be with her, she would have moved. Or quite honestly - what exactly does she do?? She's living in a hotel. No real roots. She can go anywhere. She could hang out there most of the time and still do NYC things if she so chooses. It's not like she has a 9-5 job. My guess is he hasn't seriously asked, or at least not in way where she wants to move there without feeling secure in the relationship. That commitment hasn't been there and she knows it. And it sucks. But she hung on longer than she should too because she wants it to work and the alternative is hard too.

But, who knows. You are absolutely right - if this is a real relationship, then you make sacrifices to be together because that's what important to you, and find a way to be in the same city. Neither of them has kids that would be a bigger factor in someone's ability to relocate.

Scott had his business in Chicago.  If they were serious, which we don’t know, isn’t she supposed to move there with him?  Isn’t that the way it goes?  What’s she getting out of New York?  Hanging out with a bunch of women older than her who drink and bar hop.  She lived in Florida for awhile, so what’s the difference?  I believe Scott didn’t want her for a wife. She’s too immature and is trouble.  Plus there’s Dale to contend with.  Besides she’s over the age for children.  I think he wanted younger.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get this.  So how many meetings is she supposed to attend?

An alcoholic isn't someone who drinks nonstop.  An alcoholic is someone who, once they start to drink, has no idea what will happen.  They might only drink a little and be okay; or they might drink a lot and end up getting arrested.  

two a week.  The sucessful people go even when they dont feel they need to (or are court ordered).

• Useful 3
  • Love 8
(edited)

Tinsley is not by objective definition (or semi-typical NYC dating and mating patterns that I see daily) over the age for children, and I’ve got no personal ax to grind here.

Edited by Midnight Cheese
  • Love 14

I don't think they're jealous of Lu, they have been on this roller coaster before with Lu and her moderately successful side gigs and know for every up there is a down.  It's not a career it's a moment.

Except for maybe Sonja who really needs a moment.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She has to now take medication that has a lot of side effects and causes you to be violently ill because she actually hasn’t been maintaining her calm coolness or the requirements of her probabtion.

Did it bother anyone when she told Danio she was going to "start slow"?  At first I thought she was just trying to nicely work around being offered a drink without Danio feeling awkward.  Now I've decided she was giving herself an open door to alcohol saying she is "going to start slow".  If you want to be accountable to sobriety I would think she would say "yes, Id like a diet coke I dont drink anymore but enjoy your company."  

• Useful 2
  • Love 19
50 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Just chat up an acquaintance in a calm, intelligent manner. Not run off with your sister whole giggling and shouting what a "loser" you are and then jokingly lick a straw. 

And she wonders why she can't get married!  Tinz!  Middle school called and they want you back in homeroom.

15 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

SLICK Mario! Anyone catch that when Ramona and her "date " stood near Mario, as If planned, Mario brings up Avery! You f'n co** blocking sneak! I see you! Bring up the daughter which then Ramona can't NOT engage in that convo, thereby icing out the "date." I saw the guy just walked away at that point and Mario was all smiles.  Touché!

Oh pshaw.  My sister cheated on her first husband with the guy who became her second husband and then cheated on him.  Both husbands had a child with her and became very close raising each other's child.  She remarried her second husband and he was the one to drive downriver to get to the ER when husband 1 needed open heart surgery.  Husband 1 recuped at their house.  Bringing up a child you share?  Please!

13 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What’s she getting out of New York?  Hanging out with a bunch of women older than her who drink and bar hop.

Paycheck?  I agree that she needs her own friends too.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

Luann, whispering, "you forgot about meeeeeeee"

Have your kid draw something for ya Lu

If he truly was her friend, she would find it kind he was giving to others and not ask at all.

• Love 22
14 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

And what's wrong with saying flat out "I don't drink?"  She afraid they won't f her if she says that "buzzkill" statement? 

This!  It was leaving the door open to drink later IMO.  

• Love 15
15 hours ago, Thumper said:

Holy breasts, Ramona!

Beth is a good friend/person to be checking on, and staying with, Sonja.

Oh please...this whole thing with Bethenny and Sonja is not about friendship. It's about Bethenny getting some ego trip off of Sonja's pathetic mess of a life. It's pretty transparent.

• Useful 2
  • Love 21
33 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Scott had his business in Chicago.  If they were serious, which we don’t know, isn’t she supposed to move there with him?  Isn’t that the way it goes?  What’s she getting out of New York?  Hanging out with a bunch of women older than her who drink and bar hop.  She lived in Florida for awhile, so what’s the difference?  I believe Scott didn’t want her for a wife. She’s too immature and is trouble.  Plus there’s Dale to contend with.  Besides she’s over the age for children.  I think he wanted younger.

He had money but not much to look at IMO.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

This!  It was leaving the door open to drink later IMO.  

At the private afterparty Luann had in her room with the men she invited, no doubt.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

I would tend to agree.  She sure bounces back quickly from being falling down drunk..  I've only been that drunk a couple of times and next morning you're dehydrated and not wanting breakfast. But Sonja seemed fine.  Maybe pills have no hangover  effect- I don't know?

Generally you have to stop taking something for it to have a hangover effect. It's possible that if Sonja's taking something, it actually helps with the alcohol hangover. Obviously, this is all speculation but I wonder if she is taking something that's reacting very badly with alcohol and you don't notice the effects so much without alcohol.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

If he truly was her friend, she would find it kind he was giving to others and not ask at all.

Lu Is Not a generous person. Not a new personality trait she can blame on being sober.  Wasn't there a surfing lesson scene back in the day when she weasled out of paying. Bethenny is generous, imo.

• Love 24
14 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

So Ramona maybe a mediocre flirt, but she did have two men hanging around her at the “party.” I don’t see the exes of any of these heifers come calling to pass any kind of time with them. 

While Dorinda was critiquing Ramona’s lack of game, she came off as just wee bit jealous. John might be a nice guy, but he’s hardly a catch. And Dorinda knows this. It why she won’t let him move in, and why she is an angry, mean drunk.

Mario is a thirsty man. He and Ramona start getting along and he's on camera with a quickness. So, I'm not going give anything to Ramona.  They all have Males interested in them. Ramona isn't that special lol.

John might not be a prize but he is into Dorinda( and being on camera like Mario)

As for the others having their exes around, who wants that? Only coockoo Ramona. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Lu Is Not a generous person. Not a new personality trait she can blame on being sober.  Wasn't there a surfing lesson scene back in the day when she weasled out of paying. Bethenny is generous, imo.

I'm not sure about the surfing lesson but do remember her 'dining and dashing' when it came to eating with other housewives.

• Love 6

Why wasn't anyone talking to Michael?  He looked correct age, good looking, broad shoulders...he looked familiar but I dont think I know anything about him, I think he was better than whoever Bethany was trying to introduce to Tinsley..  And I get the Bethany try to get Tinsley out on training wheels.... 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, itsadryheat said:

But is she really? Because it seems to me that she uses her moments of "generosity" as leverage when she's being criticized or she perceives herself as being "attacked".

Edited by kicksave
  • Love 10

Yeah, Bravo kind of mocked Sonja’s show.  It was during Sonja’s really, really messy phase of trying to relive the good old days.  But then they took Luann’s venture super seriously, bringing in a top producer and genuine stage stars.  I don’t think even Bethenny was given this much hands-on professional support.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I've only seen the first half because my household wouldn't leave me alone so just a few random thoughts.

I find it funny they are vacationing in FLORIDA! Cuz TRIGGERS! I wish her P.O.  had made a cameo . She was pissed as fuck she couldn't drink. "Cooooffffffeeeee!!"

Sonja certainly recovered well and refreshed as fuck! Man, mad props cuz my spring done broke decades ago. I was really worried. That was a nasty ass fall.

I get Bethenny knowing how to quickly read a room full of drunks and  trying to manipulate the crazy. When you grow up seeing  your mother being dragged by her hair at 11 just as she described last episode, you have to learn how to manage that. I would have done the same. I really hated that no kid for Tinsley comment. I was all the way with her. Then came that sentence. 

Did Ramona get a new rack???1 Just wow. 

Did Barbara even show up tonight? 

All of these women can drink and bounce back while the sun is still up, it's amazing! Meanwhile back in my 20's I remember staying up dancing and drinking, going to breakfast at 4:00 AM and then sleeping the day away.

I realized watching Sonja in this episode who she sometimes reminds me of. There are times her upper lip curls when she's talking and the slope of her nose is more pronounced - I see Carson Kressley.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 8

I haven't read all the posts yet, so sorry if this has been addressed. How in hell can Sonja be so totally out of her mind wasted and wake up and function the next morning? If she has some secret hangover cure she needs to bottle it. She'd make enough money to end all her financial woes.

And  I have to add that no matter how crazy these women get, or how annoying they can be, it!s never been so bad that I've had to ff or just turn it off, like I do now with RHOBH. I've been ff through the that for years and the last couple episodes I just shut it off not even halfway through. I'm kind of sad that a show I liked for years has now become unwatchable for me. 

• Love 14
(edited)
36 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think Victoria should create a You Stole My God Damn House Decoupage and then grab Sonja for another make out session

I would love for Victoria to do a diorama covering Lu's Wet Hot American Summer with the Count and kids.

Edited by bosawks
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, ancslove said:

Yeah, Bravo kind of mocked Sonja’s show.  It was during Sonja’s really, really messy phase of trying to relive the good old days.  But then they took Luann’s venture super seriously, bringing in a top producer and genuine stage stars.  I don’t think even Bethenny was given this much hands-on professional support.  

If it wasn't for RHONY no one would know who Bethenny Frankel is. Just being on this show and being able to have a huge presence on it coupled with very generous amounts of product placement for Skinny Girl was in and of itself professional support.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

How in hell can Sonja be so totally out of her mind wasted and wake up and function the next morning? If she has some secret hangover cure she needs to bottle it. She'd make enough money to end all her financial woes.

Not everyone gets hangovers. I am one of those lucky few so maybe Sonja is one of them as well. The only thing I do is make sure to drink plenty of water.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

The odd one out is Barbara.  Seems a nice lady and probably the one I would gravitate towards if I was invited to that 'awkward' party. But why is she there?  The others are all loud and arm flapping with egos full on display (except maybe Tins). Barbara just smiles and walks away.

I tried giving Barbara a chance but I am like the Twitchy Turtle - I can't stand her.

I could never be friends with Barbara as I think she is a backstabbing bitch. It all goes back to what she said to Carole at Dorinda's charity event.

I've been in situations where 2 of my friends don't get along/like each other and I'm caught in the middle. I would NEVER gossip about one friend (even if we had a tiff) to the other.

Barbara was allegedly close friends with both Luann/Carole. If she was, then she knows their history and that they don't like each other. Barbara didn't say to Carole, I'm really concerned about Luann, I don't think she should marry Tom. What she did instead was talk about things Luann may have said to her in private - I'd rather go through with the wedding and divorce him later and about knowing that he cheats.  Instead of saying to her friend look I don't think you should marry Tom - he's not a nice guy - she chose to gossip to Carole, says nothing to Luann and goes to Luann's wedding.

This episode, Bravo production cut her out of a lot of scenes of maybe didn't mike her up. It was bizarre, Ramona invited her to the pool and she's the only one just standing there in a dress for like a second. Then when Luann returns from her drinks at seedy bar AA Meeting, Barbara is isn't even there.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, film noire said:

I like Tins, and  I think it's interesting she's mourning the relationship instead of being all closing scene in a Lifetime movie ("Only a few months ago I would've done anything to hear you say you wanted to get back together -  but now I've met somebody I respect - I've met myself!")  I don't think Scott is worth mourning  - why grieve an asshole who sent diamond ring photos, floral arrangements that split the esthetic difference between dying at sea & winning the Preakness,  a worm-faced fucker who pretended to hate the spotlight while using Tinsley's fame to promote his dumbass Coupin Cabin bullshit -  but at least it shows she doesn't see men as disposable ego wipes.  (And my cold heart twinged for her tonight,  hearing Frankel oh-so-casually deride Tinsley for not having the real gift -  a daughter. Jesus, Frankel can be such a savage beast.  She'll mock the most painful bruises on a human soul if it makes her feel fleetingly good about her own life.)

Bethenny & Luann = narcisister from a different mister.

MERCIFUL GOD, I PRAY UNTO THEE, GIRD MY LOINS AS I ENTER THE LAIR OF THY FAITHLESS SERVANT, LUANN THE LEECH.

I think what Luann is sensing, but is incapable of explaining (because anything beyond "Me. Applause. Pussy tingling. Greenbacks in pocket. Happy hour!" stymies her) is that her castmates are pissed that Luann endured a public stumble - a beaut of a falling down involving cops, jail, handcuffs, a humiliating divorce -  but somehow Luann has risen from the ashes (with the speed of a mutating virus)  and turned ALL of it into fodder for a fucking night club act.  (If that pisses ME off, I can only imagine how much it must piss them off.)  I wish this fulsome, grandiose Luann were more like the woman who left the stick up her ass buried in that rosebush - earthy,  self-deprecating, at ease with messy things - but friggin'  Madam is in the house until they post the closing notices, so fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night.

davis.gif

I just have to say this is the most entertaining post I've read!  A pure work of art.  :)

• LOL 2
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

I could be way off, but maybe she's hesitant to move because she wants to retain some of her own identity. She was Topper's wife/Southern debutante for many years. Then she ran off to FL to be with that douchebag. Maybe she's feeling really conflicted right now - because she wants the whole package, but she doesn't want to find herself following another dude who might break her heart. 

I do think, logically, Scott has more of a reason to stay put than she does. But I can also see why uprooting herself for another man might give her pause. 

1 hour ago, Mardo2044 said:

Did it bother anyone when she told Danio she was going to "start slow"?  At first I thought she was just trying to nicely work around being offered a drink without Danio feeling awkward.  Now I've decided she was giving herself an open door to alcohol saying she is "going to start slow".  If you want to be accountable to sobriety I would think she would say "yes, Id like a diet coke I dont drink anymore but enjoy your company."  

And then she went on to tell him, "I still know how to have a good time." 

I caught that. I really don't think she's 100% sober. 

1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Oh please...this whole thing with Bethenny and Sonja is not about friendship. It's about Bethenny getting some ego trip off of Sonja's pathetic mess of a life. It's pretty transparent.

I think that's up for interpretation. It's definitely not transparent to me. I think Bethenny genuinely cares for Sonja and worries about her. 

27 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Not everyone gets hangovers. I am one of those lucky few so maybe Sonja is one of them as well. The only thing I do is make sure to drink plenty of water.

I never really got hangovers either. Once in a blue moon. But I don't consider it lucky. A hangover is good punishment for imbibing too much. It's dangerous to be that wasted and wake up feeling fine. You're more likely to start all over again! 

It's also possible that Sonja really didn't have that much - that there was a combo of meds and alcohol, or she had gone off some meds. Something besides just being regular drunk. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Rahul said:

Bethenny certainly has an acerbic wit, but in this case I am certain that comment from was an off the cuff remark, not some calculated, malicious statement meant to cut Tinsley deep. Bethenny was simply remarking that she was okay not receiving a freebie from the artists because she has the greatest present she could already ask for in her daughter, and that's enough for her.

I love Bethenny but I do believe the last part of her sentence "She doesn't" was a jab.

The "She" was Tinsley

However, I still don't believe Tinsley wants a child.

Tinsley didn't seem to be upset at all by the comment.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, divsc said:

I feel for Tinsley. I don't think she's as much mourning "Scott" as she is dealing with the realization that this relationship didn't happen and now what?? She's feeling 43, single and childless not by choice, without a family, and is depressed about it. It's probably some form of grief - but an invisible loss that rarely gets acknowledged. As well as the social dynamics and place in a world that often sees women as mothers. Her peers probably have young families of their own, she's hanging with these older, messed up women with their own hang ups and issues, but who mention the "I'm a mom" words often enough that you can see Tins visibly flinch or look briefly upset. Her ex is remarried, with the most beautiful baby her mother has ever seen - it seems like a lot for her to absorb and deal with. 

I think she saw Scott as her ticket out of this -- her chance at getting her life back on script and moving forward. Married again, a baby, the way she thought her life was supposed to be. Scott made the whole dynamic even worse by staying just enough in her life to give her hope and be that emotional and social status crutch of having a boyfriend- but then over and over held back on moving forward with her. She told Bethenny it was torture and I don't doubt that. I've seen it happen with countless friends and myself in younger days - it's like a drug. Just enough to know how much you want it and more of it, and then when it's withheld, it can make even the sanest of smart, intelligent, beautiful women start acting out and losing their minds. Add in that she's 43 and confronting the reality of having a baby at this age, or that the dream and expectation has passed her by, and I think we are seeing the emotional fallout. I honestly think it's grief and a sorrow she is dealing with, but it's an invisible loss that none of these women are really acknowledging. It's interesting that she brought up feelings about her father, because that's a tangible grief/loss of a parent that other people, maybe even herself, can generally identify with. But this other loss of the family she thought she would have - how do you mourn something you never had, but yet, you do. Without the social understanding and support. She probably got more when she divorced. She just seems so sad this season.

I think the other women are looking at it from the jaded perspective that all their lives didn't turn out the way they thought either and that's valid. But they still got their families at the time and are quick to say that mom is their most important role. That's a lot to be around all the time, if you are the only one who is not a mom, and that's what you wanted too and it's not happening. This is my exact age group and I see it in so many of my peers when it didn't happen and it's just hard. I think 43 is one of the toughest years because hope starts turning into the realization that a nuclear family of your own really, really may not happen for you. People are quick to blame or offer solutions like well just have a baby on your own. Well, that's not what she wanted. And I think that's a huge part of this Scott fallout, which seems so out of proportion and dramatic for what their relationship was really like -- but she had so much riding on this that went far beyond Scott. I hope she moves on and finds love and happiness. She's a little immature and high maintenance, but she seems overall very sweet-natured and pleasant and like a nice person.

Thank you, this is an excellent post.  I went through a series of group, grief counseling sessions and expected them to be about the loss of a loved one.  Instead, they were not only about that, but the grieving of things you hoped for that you might never achieve and how to deal.  If I wasn’t depressed before that, I was after.  What I really needed was some yoga, massage and all my loved one bending the knee and telling me how fabulous I am.

• Love 4

Daphne? DABNEY.  Never change Ramona ! 

The Countess needs her coffee ! What a bitch. 

I would toss all of those art gifts in a tag sale. Tacky. Ramona bailed at an appropriate time. I’m with her. The talk she had w Luann was spot on. Ramona is GOLD. I think she is still overboard in love with Mario though . Their chemistry is so great.   I was grinning to the depths of my cold withered heart when Kevin and Mario were introduced . AWKWARD. Loved it. 

Why was Bethenny cooking eggs after the chef put on a full spread ? Not enough attention I guess.

In case you didn’t hear Luann say it ten times .......did you know she was going to a meeting ? 🙂 

is Tony Kennedy a Kennedy? Thought he said his name was Tony Kennedy. He looked preppy enough to be a Kennedy of the Chappaquiddick Au Bar Kennedys. 

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I could be way off, but maybe she's hesitant to move because she wants to retain some of her own identity. She was Topper's wife/Southern debutante for many years. Then she ran off to FL to be with that douchebag. Maybe she's feeling really conflicted right now - because she wants the whole package, but she doesn't want to find herself following another dude who might break her heart. 

I do think, logically, Scott has more of a reason to stay put than she does. But I can also see why uprooting herself for another man might give her pause. 

And then she went on to tell him, "I still know how to have a good time." 

I caught that. I really don't think she's 100% sober. 

I think that's up for interpretation. It's definitely not transparent to me. I think Bethenny genuinely cares for Sonja and worries about her. 

I never really got hangovers either. Once in a blue moon. But I don't consider it lucky. A hangover is good punishment for imbibing too much. It's dangerous to be that wasted and wake up feeling fine. You're more likely to start all over again! 

It's also possible that Sonja really didn't have that much - that there was a combo of meds and alcohol, or she had gone off some meds. Something besides just being regular drunk. 

Time will tell if Bethenny "genuinely" cares for Sonja...

• Love 7
(edited)
3 hours ago, kicksave said:

Ha! Now I see why Mario is hanging around the bars and RHONY vacation houses this season...sad. Equally sad is Ramona yapping about their "chemistry" together. Was that the same "chemistry" that made Mario cheats on you with a Hamptons whore?

This!  I don't know how or why Ramona is able to look at or be around Mario when he got his mistress pregnant when he was married to Ramona.  I'm not saying she should be angry, as that's not healthy, but, even if Ramona can see past this, what about the potential effects this had on Avery and their family structure? Just...have nothing to do with the dude.  Don't badmouth him, but don't lower yourself to socialize with scum either.

While I'm on the topic of Ramona, I've never personally been around her, but unless her behavior is just so odious that her friends need to stage a passive-aggressive little intervention, shouldn't they have gotten her a gift from the artist anyway?  To be, ya know, gracious?

With regard to Tinsley, I'll thank her to stop trying to make Scott happen.  To break down over Scott and Miami being inextricably intertwined not once, but twice, this episode, I am sympathetic, but she really needs professional help.  I guess she's in therapy now, but it sounds like she only goes every now and again. If it were me, and I was in so much pain, I would be on that therapist's couch three times a week, as Freud prescribed, until this could be put into perspective.  She's not enjoying anything else right now, anyway, so what's the point?

Luann is the complete opposite of Tinsely on this front.  She has nine lives.  She doesn't get stuck.  I thought she looked to-die-for in the red jumpsuit.  I wonder why no one was willing to go to AA with Lu.  Even if one believes "alcoholism" is a disease (I don't), they know it's not contagious, right?  I think it came out in the season four reunion that Jill used to attend AA with someone--they never said who--even though she doesn't have a problem with alcohol, and never drank on the show.  I kind of wish Jill was back just to support Luann.

I don't think the women are jealous of Luann, but they want to tear her down.  She is already on a big drinking trip, while trying to maintain sobriety.  I can't imagine how that wouldn't create a huge schism.  Luann is entitled to her own emotions, as long as she expresses them appropriately, but it seems like every time Luann gets a little ticked off, suddenly she's a diva.  I'm not seeing that.  Sonja can go jump in a lake.  The only person who's ever appeared on this show who could even attempt to make any demands on who Harry fucks or doesn't fuck is Aviva.  Sonja has no God right to him (TM Gretchen RHOC).

Barbara seemed...perfectly pleasant this ep.  If she had appeared on the scene this way, I would have had zero problem with her.

Sonja seems to think she got away with something because she was not enormously hung-over this episode.  It doesn't work that way.  In my experience, as someone who has been prescribed Adderall for many years, it completely kills a hangover.  I loved her bathing suit though.  And she said it was only 40 bucks.  I'm also glad Sonja cut down heavily on drinking for the party.  Shows a smidgen of growth.  I don't think Luann is legitimately concerned with Sonja either.  If she was, she would have been there when the paramedics arrived.

Sometimes people attribute dislike of Bethenny to jealousy, and I don't believe that to be true, but I have to admit one jealousy I have of Bethenny--and that is the connection to the Miami art scene she demonstrated this past episode, and in season eight.  There's very little else about her to be jealous of.  Pretty much everything else she has can be purchased, or achieved without a tremendous effort.  Just to be clear, I am jealous, as in, I want that too.  I'm not envious--I don't think Bethenny should lose her connection to the Miami art scene, just because I don't have that access lol!

I liked (didn't love) Bethenny's bathing suit too, and as far as her comment about Tinsley and children?  I think I'm going to hold it in the vault.  My dad told me a few years ago that sometimes things--like comments, or things that happened-- that we want to figure out mean nothing at all.  My dad is pretty smart.  So, wihout additional evidence, I'm not going to lambast Bethenny over this one thing.  If it becomes a pattern, then it's a different story.

I was also completely convinced that Bethenny was going to try to introduce Tinsely to that really young guy whom Luann had just sunk her claws into, and I was pleasantly surprised that it turned out to be an age-appropriate guy who wasn't totally unlike Scott.  I thought that was kind of Bethenny.  The fact that Tinsely fumbled the ball is on her.

Dorinda was...perfectly normal this episode?  What's going on there?

Solid episode.

Edited by LibertarianSlut
Season eight, not seven; grammar
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11