Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Caught Between an Ex and a Hard Place

• Start Topic

So in the background during Tinsley's conversation with her sister there was a really tall, bright red sculpture of some sort.  Does anyone know what it was?  I (of course) immediately thought it was Lu in her jumpsuit and was trying to figure out WTF she was doing...

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

I just teared up at the Tinsley/Dabney love. What a great relationship.  They must've been raised decent. Before this show I didn't really know who Tinsley was but there was a time I lived without a tv/ internet or magazines in my 20s so maybe she was "it" then. I like her though and she is too normal for this show. 

When Beth is the more normal O.G. out of all of them, I need to check myself. 

LuAnn , get thee to a shrink DAILY. Talk about delusional! And how many STDs must she have by now? All these guys she's surrounding herself with look grimy as hell. And young for her. And "I'm going to start slow tonight. ..?" How well do they know her that they don't know she is sober (for filming) & don't recall the arrest. And what's wrong with saying flat out "I don't drink?"  She afraid they won't f her if she says that "buzzkill" statement? 

Enjoying Mario and Ramona getting along. 

• Love 13

These women have me siding with Lu, which I didn't think was possible. No doubt that Luanne is self-centered but both Sonja and Dorinda have their own issues with abuse and Bethenny should decide whether or not she likes Lu or hates her. Because her vacillating between the two poles is annoying to watch. 

Ramona actually ended up winning the episode, even if she didn't end up with any art. She was the least obnoxious. (Tinsley wasn't obnoxious, exactly, but I do hope she gains some self-confidence). 

• Love 11
31 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

Because she's SO much worse than Drunklinda and Sonja with a sexy J...or maybe she's taking J.

Nope, that’s a below sea level playing field right there.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Pickles said:

This party is awkward. Dorinda's outfit looks like foil. 

Yes...a foil smock that you wear at the salon. I had something similar on earlier today when I got  my hair colored. 🙄

• LOL 12
  • Love 3

So Ramona maybe a mediocre flirt, but she did have two men hanging around her at the “party.” I don’t see the exes of any of these heifers come calling to pass any kind of time with them. 

While Dorinda was critiquing Ramona’s lack of game, she came off as just wee bit jealous. John might be a nice guy, but he’s hardly a catch. And Dorinda knows this. It why she won’t let him move in, and why she is an angry, mean drunk.

• Love 19
(edited)

She I think all of them are right. Lu is narcissistic.  The other women are jealous.  Mario doesn’t want to cross pollinate.  Romana flirting  isn’t great but she tries LOL 

sonja is really upset about Harry.  I thought she was allergic to him?   

Edited by tribeca
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, tribeca said:

sonja is really upset about Harry.  I thought she was allergic to him?   

Not him, per se, just his sperm, possibly - LOL!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Notice B. And Tins in bed with full makeup and jewelry. I’m impressed Sonja is not majorly hungover. 

I would be hungover for 3 days, if I’d been as drunk as Sonja.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Maybe from the family tree...a lot of girls in the South are given surnames as first names. 

I like that tradition, but never heard these names - they’re good ones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Thoughts on this episode...

I was very happy for this episode. I also started the episode understanding all the "staff" were paid "production assistants" which was helpful, because it made me not feel bad for them (they can start their IMG profile!) and the more outlandish behavior they encountered, the more likely they would be on TV, which would be a win for them.

Bethanny was good to admit she was wrong yelling at Sonja. It was funny in her interview she made it seem like she insisted the paramedics come (Barbara was the one that insisted on calling the paramedics). 

Because the paramedics were blurred, I believe they were real paramedics. Everyone else (including servers, boutique staff, people at hotels) must be Bravo employees. 

Why is it so hard for Tinsley to meet someone? I don't get it. She only met Scott because Carole hooked her up, and he was a Carole groupie. Maybe she needs to meet more women with groupies that they want off their plates? (Scott had reached out to Carole begging to be friends as he is obsessed and has huge Kennedy collection).

People were really shitty to Luanne. Maybe she's wrong on why, but they still were super heavy on the criticisms. I don't think Luanne is wrong that the ladies don't want to see her do well. However, Luanne is setting herself up if she thinks this group of drunkies are going to help her stay sober. However, I do think she might have been disappointed that her once champion Barbara is no longer around. It's kind of wierd how Barabara started as a super vocal, ready to fight Luanne advocate, and now doesn't care at all. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

Is Tinsley's sister married?

Dabney isn't married yet but she's in a serious relationship with a guy named Paul.

Dale approves, she was cross stitching a stocking stuffer for him

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, TexasGal said:

Barbara walks like Ramona - like a chicken with her breasts sticking out.  It’s so unnatural looking. 

You’re right! I wonder if that’s why Barbara rubs Ramona the wrong way. You know how sometimes you notice something about another person that reminds you of something you subconsciously dislike about yourself?

• LOL 7
  • Love 9

Do some of you really think the women are jealous of LuAnn? I mean.... ???

Cabaret is kind of random. & These women are all kind of successful in their own rite except Sonja, really. Dorinda isn't successful in business but she's well off with assets. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, chewycandy said:

Don’t know why but Sonja leaning over and yelling, “Barbara Bush, may she Rest In Peace!” gave me the biggest laugh of the night. 

I missed that, but just your description made me laugh out loud.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Holy crap.  What was that melon shaped thing under Ro's skin under her collarbone when she was talking to Lu out at the pool?  I don't know whose is worse.  Ro's or Beth's bolt ons.

Was is Doris who said Ro looks like a barge coming across the pool?

That party looked lame. 

The only one who could be possibly jealous of Lu's cabaret show is So.  Lu's semi stardom has really gone to her head.

• Love 20
(edited)
13 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

You’re right! I wonder if that’s why Barbara rubs Ramona the wrong way. You know how sometimes you notice something about another person that reminds you of something you subconsciously dislike about yourself?

I actually think that Ramona and Barbara have very similar body types.  Ramona is smaller overall but they are both a little thick in the middle.  Ramona’s stomach was sticking out in the white dress at the party.  It’s not really weight it’s just their build.  

Edited by Emmeline
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

I may be wrong. Bethenny may actually be a caring and compassionate person. On the Teen Mom threads (don't judge me) there is a phrase, Captain Save a Ho, for guys that like to swoop in and be the hero. Bethenny is like that. She's on a mission to introduce Tinsley to a guy, she was there (organized?) Lu's intervention, she's coddling Sonja and checking her for signs of concussion (after screaming that she was going to knock her out if she didn't go to sleep NOW!), her hurricane relief efforts...

Mychael Knight, an extremely sweet, dearly departed designer, taught me this phrase on Season 3 Project Runway.  He has left us way way way way way way too soon. May he rest.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 12