Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Caught Between an Ex and a Hard Place

• Start Topic

On 6/9/2019 at 8:18 PM, ButterQueen said:

Personally, I do not find Ramona attractive.....even with all her work.  Her breasts are too big, her belly is too big, and her face is veering into Joan Rivers territory.  Add to that, her childish behavior and she is just a hot mess.  No matter how good her skin looks, she still is plastic looking.

Talk about plastic looking.  How about Dale?  Not one wrinkle in that face.  She looks like she has a mask on.  It’s so smooth, it’s scary.  How does she go under anesthesia and all the problems that go with surgery?  Lisa Rena’s lips look like a vigina would look like, I assume.  I’ll bet she had hers done over after she had kids.  I’d hate to see what mine would look like at this point.  Yikes!

• Love 1
20 hours ago, escatefromny said:

keep thinking that Babs, who I find lacking an ounce of charm, was meant to be Lu’s safe place and a support to her sobriety (or sobriety facade).  

Whatever the reason, (I think Bravo owed her something] it was mean to not give her some story line.  They could of gave her a boyfriend at least.

(edited)
7 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

NOOOO!! Not mah gurl Tinz!! She may not have "brought much" but she did bring manners and class, which this group sorely needs.

They start bringing in nonsense like Scaramucci's wife? I'm done. You know he'll be all over the show ala Joe Gorga . . . one of the (many) reasons I stopped watching NJ. If they're going to pull this crap, they may as well just blend NY and NJ and make it one mess of white trash rather than two. 

Ugh!   I can't believe that I'm about to defend Scaramucci.  😱   I'm absolutely NOT a fan of his and agree that he's a fame whore.    I know nothing about his wife so I can't comment about her.  That said, I would never call the NY cast white trash and liken them to the Jersey crew.  I also don't think Anthony Scaramucci is comparable to Joe Gorga.  He may not have the upbringing, style and class of a John John but he's definitely a cut above the likes of Joe Gorga.   

Tinsley may have manners but I wouldn't say she has "class."   I think that ship sailed years ago.

ETA:  I'm Italian so please don't think there's any bias in my comments.   I am a native New Yorker and lived here my entire life except for my one year in Jersey when I was first married and my husband was in the service and stationed there.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3

If Lu didn't yell for coffee, how did Beth hear her asking for it? Wasn't Beth and Sonja still in bed?  Even if she didn't yell, she can make her own freaking coffee.  But then a cabaret star should be always waited on. Am I right?

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Even if she didn't yell, she can make her own freaking coffee.  But then a cabaret star should be always waited on. Am I right?

They are at a house with staff one of the reasons you do that is so you don’t have to make your own coffee.

• Love 1

They start bringing in nonsense like Scaramucci's wife? I'm done. You know he'll be all over the show ala Joe Gorga . . . one of the (many) reasons I stopped watching NJ. If they're going to pull this crap, they may as well just blend NY and NJ and make it one mess of white trash rather than two. 

Scaramucci, the financier, who worked for Presidents and went to Ztufts and Harvard is no Joe Gorga, who is a disgrace to women as he thinks he is God’s gift to women.  My Italian husband who worked two jobs to support his family and his Father that practically built the streets of New York would love to throw Joe Gorga in the garbage can.  Duh!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

They are at a house with staff one of the reasons you do that is so you don’t have to make your own coffee.

They are at a house with paid production assistants pretending to be staff. They are there to unpack for you, make coffee, make cocktails, randomly place your Skinnygirl products, find you men to bring to your room, also to pass along fake information like "Luann is in the kitchen yelling for coffee, any comments for the camera?"

They are there to make the drama happen. That's why PAs are there in their fake roles.

Yes, Bravo, we have seen behind the curtain, thanks to Tej who rhymes with rage.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, AnnA said:

Ugh!   I can't believe that I'm about to defend Scaramucci.  😱   I'm absolutely NOT a fan of his and agree that he's a fame whore.    I know nothing about his wife so I can't comment about her.  That said, I would never call the NY cast white trash and liken them to the Jersey crew.  I also don't think Anthony Scaramucci is comparable to Joe Gorga.  He may not have the upbringing, style and class of a John John but he's definitely a cut above the likes of Joe Gorga.   

Tinsley may have manners but I wouldn't say she has "class."   I think that ship sailed years ago.

ETA:  I'm Italian so please don't think there's any bias in my comments.   I am a native New Yorker and lived here my entire life except for my one year in Jersey when I was first married and my husband was in the service and stationed there.

Scaramucci is far from my favorite person, but I do agree that he's definitely not on the same level as Joe Gorga.  I'm absolutely not trying to be political, so please don't take what I'm saying as any sort of political stance, I'm solely referencing a semi-current political happening because it relates to him.  When Scaramucci was caught on tape with his vulgar tirade that got him fired, I do think he either didn't realize he was on the record or forgot he was.  He is almost always able to be polite and friendly with people in interviews and I suspect that he didn't get to where he was in business by not being able to control himself.  Do I think he probably can and does have another side? Sure, we all saw it in that tape, but, it seems to me that he most likely is well aware of the rules of behavior.  Gorga, on the other hand, has always been a "this is who I am" kind of guy and then can't figure out why some people have an issue with it.

That said, Scaramucci is totally a fame whore.  I'm not sure how I'd feel about him on the cast.

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I agree that the staff would be there to make coffee for them, normally.  But Tej has said that he was hired as a production assistant and isn't normal staff for the house, so I'm not sure of the rules in this case.  Also, if you happen to watch RHOBH, Kyle was calling Château Ventoux to find out details for their upcoming trip on this past episode.  I'm always curious to see more about the houses they stay in, so I googled and it specified that the butler was on duty from 10:30 am until 8:30 pm each day.  So I kind of wonder if perhaps they are on their own for some of the meals? Like maybe they are hiring in a private chef for some meals and then they just have some prepared stuff (like the fruit that was laid out), for others?  Bethenny seemed to have no issues making the eggs and it didn't seem like it was a surprise to her that she was going to cook.  

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think the current "Apple" holders are Reality TV Gold Platinum.

I don't see Bravo getting rid of any of them. Barbara doesn't count cause she's just a friend of and I think she's out - heck they've already started editing her out of scenes.

As for Luann and her allegedly asking for 3.5M - the first thing I thought of is there a brand new house that caught Luann's eyes and the cost is 3.5M? Bravo won't give Luann the pay hike, she better watch it because they can demote her again. The other ladies can continue to talk about her even if she isn't on next season - can you imagine Sonja and Dorinda discussing Page 6 - Luann legal troubles or drunken sightings?

I don't think Tinsley has any worries. Bravo seems to love Dale and I can see them making Dale a "friend of".

Although Tins doesn't have much of a storyline other than pining for Scott, I'm kind of surprised that they would give her the ax.  Seemingly she could assume the greek chorus role like Cameron from Southern Charm.  If she really is as wealthy as she is, can we see some of that other than living in some hotel room?  I mean, I know the hotel is nice, but would love to see her shopping for some high end NYC apartment next season.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 3
37 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Geez.  Tins and Scott broke up during the early part of the season.  So, for me, she's still mourning the break up.  It's been a couple of months, if that. 

They broke up at the end of October and the Miami trip was the first week of December so it’s actually only been a little over a month.

• Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Scaramucci, the financier, who worked for Presidents and went to Ztufts and Harvard is no Joe Gorga, who is a disgrace to women as he thinks he is God’s gift to women.  My Italian husband who worked two jobs to support his family and his Father that practically built the streets of New York would love to throw Joe Gorga in the garbage can.  Duh!

I'm Italian too -- my issue with Scaramucci has nothing to do with his heritage, nor am I likening him to Joe Gorga because of his heritage, and I'm not even sure how that inference was pulled from what I said. Not once did I mention heritage. 

My issue with him is that he's a raging asshole and will try to get his mug and arrogant attitude in front of the Bravo cameras at every opportunity -- just like Joe Gorga. Who you work for, your education, (or lack thereof) in no way impacts someone's ability to be a raging asshole. In fact, for some, expensive educations give those fortunate enough to receive them a sense of entitlement, making them more likely to engage in jackassery than someone else with less or not as prestigious education.  

Assholes are assholes, regardless of ethnicity, gender, religion, education, marital status, or any other qualifying criteria. And both Joe Gorga and Scaramucci are fame-whore, camera-loving assholes. 

Edited by SailorGirl
  • Love 3
On 6/6/2019 at 6:13 AM, chlban said:

He doesn't come across as a nice guy, he comes across as a sleaze. I wonder how much that relationship contributes to her anger. I totally get looks are not important, Jackie Kennedy's last companion was certainly no JFK in the looks department, but  by all reports, she spent her final years in contentment with him. I wish Dorinda could find that or, here is a novel idea, you do not NEED a man in your life.

Well, Dorinda is no Jackie Kennedy! (I'm sure no one ever saw Jackie become a slurring, screaming drunk with crumbs on her mouth).  And Maurice Templesman was a married man, which didn't seem to bother either Jackie or Maurice.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2019 at 6:16 AM, BusyOctober said:

THIS^^^^^^^

Bethenny may be the self appointed caretaker of all the little wounded (aka-drunk off their asses) birdies, but that comment was cruel and intentionally meant to exalt B over Tinsley, because B has a child.  That was a swift, deep cut  (even if Tinsley didn’t hear it or react to it).  

Luann has officially lost her ties to reality. She is “singing” in clubs right now, but that won’t last forever.  After her “fans” and the oddly curious people have seen her show once, then what? I can’t imagine there are people paying multiple times to see the same 6 Jovani dresses and the same lame RHONY inside “jokes”, or tolerate her voice beyond her 60-90 min set.  She acts as if she is at the same iconic level as Barbara Streisand or Celine Dion.  She hasn’t been around long enough. She is not talented enough,  or rich enough or beloved enough to merit the adoration, the kowtowing or cult following she has deluded herself into believing she has earned. 

WTF was that “party”??  Is there an app for trolling rich, single men in the Miami?  Did Romona send out a mass tweet or blanket the bars with flyers to get those “guests” to the house?  Just seems so random...aside from Mario and rum guy, did any of the women know any of the other guests???  And I am shocked that Tinsley was able to get her sister into Romona’s sausage party.  One extra (and significantly younger) vagina in the room could have off set Ramona’s, Sonja’s and Lu’s ability to hook up with their next Mr. Right Now.

I think you hit the nail on the head there.  Luann is a novelty act, and doesn't seem to realize that the day RHONY is over, her cabaret bookings will vanish (if not before).  

• Love 4
On 6/6/2019 at 8:40 AM, Kdawg82 said:

SLICK Mario! Anyone catch that when Ramona and her "date " stood near Mario, as If planned, Mario brings up Avery! You f'n co** blocking sneak! I see you! Bring up the daughter which then Ramona can't NOT engage in that convo, thereby icing out the "date." I saw the guy just walked away at that point and Mario was all smiles.  Touché!

Were you and I the only ones who caught that?  I was expecting Ramona to turn and walk after him, but she was way too interested in Mario's blather.  Her date picked up on it and took an immediate hike.  Ramona doesn't understand men very well, does she? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 6/6/2019 at 8:43 AM, Gem 10 said:

Scott had his business in Chicago.  If they were serious, which we don’t know, isn’t she supposed to move there with him?  Isn’t that the way it goes?  What’s she getting out of New York?  Hanging out with a bunch of women older than her who drink and bar hop.  She lived in Florida for awhile, so what’s the difference?  I believe Scott didn’t want her for a wife. She’s too immature and is trouble.  Plus there’s Dale to contend with.  Besides she’s over the age for children.  I think he wanted younger.

DIVSC captures what I think a lot of us were wondering about.  I agree with you - Scott wanted younger, and Tins was getting the message that she was fun for the time being, but she wasn't going to get what she wanted out of the relationship. 

So she was wise not to give up New York (where she does have connections) or her job (which she needs if he's not serious). 

I think Tinsley is overly dependent on Dale's approval such that she doesn't know what she herself really and truly wants.  She wants to give her mother the son-in-law and couple of grandkids Dale has been nagging her for, but then she says she thinks she can be happy with only chihuahuas. 

Tins needs to forget about finding Mr. Perfect Son-In-Law For Dale, and sit down and figure out what SHE wants.

• Love 2
On 6/6/2019 at 10:59 AM, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

Daphne? DABNEY.  Never change Ramona ! 

The Countess needs her coffee ! What a bitch. 

I would toss all of those art gifts in a tag sale. Tacky. Ramona bailed at an appropriate time. I’m with her. The talk she had w Luann was spot on. Ramona is GOLD. I think she is still overboard in love with Mario though . Their chemistry is so great.   I was grinning to the depths of my cold withered heart when Kevin and Mario were introduced . AWKWARD. Loved it. 

Why was Bethenny cooking eggs after the chef put on a full spread ? Not enough attention I guess.

In case you didn’t hear Luann say it ten times .......did you know she was going to a meeting ? 🙂 

is Tony Kennedy a Kennedy? Thought he said his name was Tony Kennedy. He looked preppy enough to be a Kennedy of the Chappaquiddick Au Bar Kennedys. 

I truly LOLed three times the first time I read this!

• Love 3
On 6/6/2019 at 12:58 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I also think Ramona is still in love with Mario but I don't see her ever seriously getting back with him long term. I could see her having another few romps in bed with him. I think what Mario did to her cut her to her core. First the cheating with someone closer to Avery's age, and then with the divorce - Ramona having to buy him out of the properties she bought. I can see Ramona in a long term committed relationship with another man but I don't think she will ever marry.

I love that Ramona in general dates men who are older, with grown children as opposed to Sonja and Luann who are just looking for Fuck Boys.

The eggs Bethenny made didn't look appetizing. If I have eggs scrambled I do like them soft - but not phlegmy looking

I'm kinda particular about my eggs, and for Bethenny being a professional chef and all, I was surprised at that half-cooked looking sludge she dished out as "scrambled eggs".  Scrambled eggs should be all big and fuffy, and cooked-through.

• Love 6

Mmm... Rewatching this and then wanting to learn more about Peter Tunney I came across this article from 2004 that mentions.

"He smoked Cuban cigars with Kid Rock. Kid bought a sign reading “Life Is Good” for $1,000 in cash. Someone else bought a five-foot stop sign with the words “Don’t Stop Ever” for $7,500. “Fuck Yoga” went for $1,500."

Guess Bethany wasn't the first. Even if hers was a $10,000 (including shipping and handling) original from his personal collection. It wasn't much more than the one sold in 2004.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/observer.com/2004/12/the-prisoner-of-crobar/amp/

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/11/2019 at 2:24 PM, Gem 10 said:

Lisa Rena’s lips look like a vigina would look like, I assume

Lisa Rinna's lips look like a bunghole!

Now getting back on track with RHONY..... I love this franchise and I don't get to watch it regularly so I have a question about this episode: What did Lu do that turned all the other banshees against her? Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough. If the answer is obvious then I apologize for my stupidity (which only happens when I'm watching Real Housewives of Anywhere 😁 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Lisa Rinna's lips look like a bunghole!

Now getting back on track with RHONY..... I love this franchise and I don't get to watch it regularly so I have a question about this episode: What did Lu do that turned all the other banshees against her? Maybe I wasn't watching closely enough. If the answer is obvious then I apologize for my stupidity (which only happens when I'm watching Real Housewives of Anywhere 😁 

For the entire season in general, Lu has displayed an inflated ego, sense of entitlement, and complete lack of humility, coupled with a nearly complete lack of acceptance regarding her medical condition and the accompanying legal woes.  We now know that she was blowing off her court-ordered community service and AA meetings.  I believe that the filming over the last couple of episodes shows the 🎵 crescendo🎵  of frustration felt by her castmates.  

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 9
On 6/11/2019 at 4:11 PM, Gem 10 said:

I think she would still be cute at her age if not for all the work done.  Those boobs are too big for her body as she is short.  I just don’t get why they mess with their faces.  They think they are doing good, but they are not.  Too much money, so they do it.  I’m surprised Sonja never had her nose fixed, even Dorinda.  Smart.

I'm not against plastic surgery. I'm very honest and admit some people look WAY better after a little tweak. But I absolutely agree that they need to cool it in Hollywood. If you have a huge nose or huge bump, okay. But if you're a beautiful woman already, just enjoy your natural beauty. Everyone's noses and lips and everything looking the exact same is boring. 

• Like 3