Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Caught Between an Ex and a Hard Place

• Start Topic

Just now, izabella said:

I'm not buying it.  I think she is parroting the words she heard at an AA meeting to sound like she is taking it seriously.

I don't think she's an alcoholic.  I think she got blasted one night because she was miserable and drowning her pain, like Sonja just did and like Tinsley has done in her past life, and got into trouble because she was in public.  I think she likes drinking, but that does not an alcoholic make.

I am not qualified to say she is an alcoholic.  She DOES need to follow her probation and what it says.  That said, I think she does everything to excess.  Drinking, sex with strange/not strange men, drugs if the rumors are true etc.  But the fact she can't seem to follow the rules of probation could be seen as either she does have a problem with the substance or her problem is she doesn't think rules apply to her.  If not a substance issue, it wouldn't be difficult to abstain until legally allowed.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

or her problem is she doesn't think rules apply to her. 

I think this is her problem.  She knows she's not an alcoholic, and she certainly wasn't going to kill a police officer, so she has very little respect for her probation.  She thinks she's above it and the whole thing is ridiculous. 

She should have done what Ramona did when she and Mario were divorcing.  Mix her alcohol with tons of Xanax so she falls asleep during Housewife Reunions instead of partying in public.  Then everyone would be all, poor, poor Lu, going through such a hard time like Ramona did.  Actually, they wouldn't.  These women would pounce on her and call her a drug addict. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
35 minutes ago, lizajane said:

She said herself that one drink is too many and 100 (or whatever) is not enough. Social drinkers don't say things like that. And she can't deal with her underlying issues if she is still self medicating. All I am going to say on the subject, and agree to disagree.

She's saying that because she's following the alcoholics script. Like I said it's damaging to set someone up on the wrong path. She thinks that's what the problem is because that's what's been neatly laid out for her to believe is the primary problem. So now she's going through the motions saying things like that because she thinks that's what's going to get her to a better place. That's what AA says you should do. Acknowledge the problem, assign it some reality but she doesn't say things like she truly believes it but because that's the only avenue allowed to her right now she's trying to convince herself that's what the issue is. Also, I think she would rather blame it on the alcohol than admit that it's more likely some deeply rooted issues having to do with her failed marriages, parenting guilt and the fact that she envisioned a completely different life other than the one she's currently living. Problem is she can't pull it off and doing a shitty job convincing herself and others that alcohol is what her true issue is. 

Prolly cause it's not. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
31 minutes ago, izabella said:

I'm not buying it.  I think she is parroting the words she heard at an AA meeting to sound like she is taking it seriously.

I don't think she's an alcoholic.  I think she got blasted one night because she was miserable and drowning her pain, like Sonja just did and like Tinsley has done in her past life, and got into trouble because she was in public.  I think she likes drinking, but that does not an alcoholic make.

Exactly!!

• Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, izabella said:

I think this is her problem.  She knows she's not an alcoholic, and she certainly wasn't going to kill a police officer, so she has very little respect for her probation.  She thinks she's above it and the whole thing is ridiculous. 

She should have done what Ramona did when she and Mario were divorcing.  Mix her alcohol with tons of Xanax so she falls asleep during Housewife Reunions instead of partying in public.  Then everyone would be all, poor, poor Lu, going through such a hard time like Ramona did.  Actually, they wouldn't.  These women would pounce on her and call her a drug addict. 

I also think that while she's forced into this role due to legal intervention she's gonna milk it a bit and lay it on thick to the other ladies. I mean, as lame and petty as it may be she's running with the narrative that these bitches, knowing she's  "struggling" with her sobriety can't put the knives away, even now??? When she's at her most vunerable? I think she's so caught up in trying to expose their constant need to attack her that she's getting really aggressive in her attempts to hold up mirrors to them. The point is being lost because of how insufferable Lu is being with her amped up antics. 

I'm still down for Lu tho... LOL :-) 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
(edited)
13 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

These bitches have said some horrid shit but I have to tell you as someone who struggled four years to conceive a child--I literally felt as if I had been slapped in the face hearing  this comment from B.  That's how bad it stung.  You don't say shit like that.  And all because she didn't get some ugly ass piece of "art".  What a piece of trash bitch she is.  She will never be happy in this life.

Just to be clear, the quote you responded to is not mine, but Gem 10's  - and I agree, it was a savage thing to say.  (So sorry you struggled with infertility,  MostlyLurking - I'm sure that was a very hard road.) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, mostlylurking said:

These bitches have said some horrid shit but I have to tell you as someone who struggled four years to conceive a child--I literally felt as if I had been slapped in the face hearing  this comment from B.  That's how bad it stung.  You don't say shit like that.  And all because she didn't get some ugly ass piece of "art".  What a piece of trash bitch she is.  She will never be happy in this life.

It’s an absolutely unforgivably disgusting thing for her to say IMO.  

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

So bored with the laziness and simplistic take on life struggles. It's always gotta be alcohol or substance abuse.

Which is exactly what Luann said about Sonja.

• Love 2
(edited)

And you didn’t get a present.

You know what. I have a daughter. That’s my present. She doesn’t.

————-

Nice.

That was such a trash statement. I go back and forth with how I feel about Bethenny, but whether she's up or down, the one constant thing is her miserableness. It's always been fascinating to me how someone can have everything they want, yet still, be unhappy. Sis, you just dropped $10,000 on a stop sign without blinking, yet you're pressed that Tinsley got a soup can purse for free that she probably won't even use? I'm going to need for Beth to gather her priorities and stop being an asshole. But rich people haaaaate paying for things, so that's most likely where Bethenny's nastiness stemmed from.

Tinsley clearly isn't ready to date, so that's why she went full 8th grader at the party. It's one thing to be shy, but damn, girl, at least exchange some pleasantries and ask the general "what do you do" question to get the know the guy. If the conversation goes nowhere, that's OK, but at least you took a baby step. Running away and giggling with Dabney was not a good look. I like Tinsley, but that arrested development is a lot to handle.

Speaking of Dabney, I liked her boots, and I liked her getting Tinsley together about how much of a fuckboy Scott is. Hopefully, one day Tins will believe it.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 15
22 minutes ago, Sheenieb said:

That was such a trash statement. I go back and forth with how I feel about Bethenny, but whether she's up or down, the one constant thing is her miserableness. It's always been fascinating to me how someone can have everything they want, yet still, be unhappy. Sis, you just dropped $10,000 on a stop sign without blinking, yet you're pressed that Tinsley got a soup can purse for free that she probably won't even use? I'm going to need for Beth to gather her priorities and stop being an asshole. But rich people haaaaate paying for things, so that's most likely where Bethenny's nastiness stemmed from.

Tinsley clearly isn't ready to date, so that's why she went full 8th grader at the party. It's one thing to be shy, but damn, girl, at least exchange some pleasantries and ask the general "what do you do" question to get the know the guy. If the conversation goes nowhere, that's OK, but at least you took a baby step. Running away and giggling with Dabney was not a good look. I like Tinsley, but that arrested development is a lot to handle.

Speaking of Dabney, I liked her boots, and I liked her getting Tinsley together about how much of a fuckboy Scott is. Hopefully, one day Tins will believe it.

I think Beth was pissssseeed that in her attempt to show off “how much? $10,000? Done!” Within 2 seconds of walking in she screwed herself out of a free gift not realizing that he was about to gift everyone something from the shop. She was kicking herself.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't think that Beth is always the bad guy but in this case, I am not sure how this comment could be read charitably, and I would say that if it came from Ramona or Sonja. (Especially Ramona - I suspect that if Ramona had said it, people would be screaming about how rude Ramona is).

This, above, made me realize that I took no issue with Ramona saying that Dennis couldn't have been too smart if he did drugs (I didn't mention it at the time, but the commment didn't faze me).

I also didn't make heads or tails WRT something Lisa VanderPump said on RHBH, and I don't have a particular feeling about what Bethenny said this past episode, even though I am not a fan of either by a long shot.  I also didn't care when Luann basically laughed in Carole's face about not having kids.

I guess it's because I have been extended grace in the past.  Sometimes really stupid things just fly out of people's mouths.  When I was in college, I was working with a guy who was explaining to me that the reason he is older than his peers was because he was left back in grade school.  My immediate reaction was, "why did you get left back?  Are you stupid?" I thought he was going to come right back with a matter-of-fact response that he had ADD and dyslexia and they couldn't diagnose him right away.  This was right around the time that it seemed like every child that fell behind had a diagnosis, and it was nothing to be ashamed of, and by making that comment, I thought I was being ironic and wry, but it was such an awful, shitty thing to say, especially when he just looked at me with alarm, and a third person who overheard us (shit, this is bad) was like, "why did you just say that to him?"  And I had no answer.  I was so ashamed.

But you know what these people did?  They let it go.  They didn't spread it around.  And I never said anything like that again.  So, maybe that grace impacted me more than I know.

I also realize that any time anyone in life has really hurt me, it has almost always been either for a succession of comments, or a fully realized, intentional comment.  By way of example, a customer once fully observed my behavior at work and asked me in all seriousness whether I was stupid, and that still cuts me to this day, and it was a very long time ago.  So I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt to people who let really dumb things fly out of their mouths, because I think intention counts, and while Bethenny definitely intended to say it, I don't know that she had time enough to reflect on it and really deliver, with the way she does at some other times.

I'm not asking anyone for receipts, but I would be really interested if anyone can remember a time when Bethenny may have mommy-shamed.  Like I said in an earlier post, if it's a pattern, it's a whole other story for me.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

I...jeez.    At this point, I don’t understand how anyone could straight-faced argue that Bethenny didn’t say that because of a minor fit of pique that Tinz was gifted a work by an artist who charged B.   

LS, you’re being honest and in turn I shuddered at that anecdote.  It’s brutal.   I’m here for watching Ramona “swim” and insist that Mario still wants her!

Truly unpopular opinion:  I liked all their bathing suits, and I thought Barbara looked cute in her running tights!   Top that, someone!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

This, above, made me realize that I took no issue with Ramona saying that Dennis couldn't have been too smart if he did drugs (I didn't mention it at the time, but the commment didn't faze me).

I also didn't make heads or tails WRT something Lisa VanderPump said on RHBH, and I don't have a particular feeling about what Bethenny said this past episode, even though I am not a fan of either by a long shot.  I also didn't care when Luann basically laughed in Carole's face about not having kids.

I guess it's because I have been extended grace in the past.  Sometimes really stupid things just fly out of people's mouths.  When I was in college, I was working with a guy who was explaining to me that the reason he is older than his peers was because he was left back in grade school.  My immediate reaction was, "why did you get left back?  Are you stupid?" I thought he was going to come right back with a matter-of-fact response that he had ADD and dyslexia and they couldn't diagnose him right away.  This was right around the time that it seemed like every child that fell behind had a diagnosis, and it was nothing to be ashamed of, and by making that comment, I thought I was being ironic and wry, but it was such an awful, shitty thing to say, especially when he just looked at me with alarm, and a third person who overheard us (shit, this is bad) was like, "why did you just say that to him?"  And I had no answer.  I was so ashamed.

But you know what these people did?  They let it go.  They didn't spread it around.  And I never said anything like that again.  So, maybe that grace impacted me more than I know.

I also realize that any time anyone in life has really hurt me, it has almost always been either for a succession of comments, or a fully realized, intentional comment.  By way of example, a customer once fully observed my behavior at work and asked me in all seriousness whether I was stupid, and that still cuts me to this day, and it was a very long time ago.  So I am trying to give the benefit of the doubt to people who let really dumb things fly out of their mouths, because I think intention counts, and while Bethenny definitely intended to say it, I don't know that she had time enough to reflect on it and really deliver, with the way she does at some other times.

I'm not asking anyone for receipts, but I would be really interested if anyone can remember a time when Bethenny may have mommy-shamed.  Like I said in an earlier post, if it's a pattern, it's a whole other story for me.

I don't hate Bethenny, though I do think that she is way more high-maintenanced than I would want for a friend.  But what you're talking about here is what you find painful; but I don't think that really has anything to do with whether or not it could be considered charitable. I suspect that now that Tinsley has seen the episode, she found the comment hurtful. That doesn't necessarily mean she wants to abandon her friendship with Bethenny.

What I tend to see with regards to fans of all of these shows is that a lot of people have an amazing capacity to explain away the hurtful comments of their favorites. Their seems to be an all-or-nothing attitude. And my feeling is that all of these women are just people, flawed human beings - sometimes they say stupid, hurtful things and sometimes they are generous and kind. In this case, I think Beth said something hurtful. That doesn't mean that there aren't other times where she is a good friend and generous,e tc. 

• Love 8

I'm one of those people who believe that very little happens on these shows that isn't planned.   I think Sonja's drunken escapade was an act.   She needs a storyline and her acting out gives her one while helping to promote LuAnn's alcoholic saga.   Tinsley needs more than her boo-hoo breakup with Scott to keep her Apple so I predict they'll delve into her deciding whether or not to have a child.   Bethenny's comment (while insensitive) was made intentionally to feed that discussion in a later episode or at the reunion.   Bravo loves to get the fans talking and Bethenny came through for them again with that comment. 

• Love 7

I want to live in a universe where Bethenny’s comment was a deliberate Hail Mary to save this season.  

Does anyone think Tinsley can pipe up all savior-style next episode during the dinner time rumble and say, “B, love you mean it, but stop hyperventilating-crying unless it’s over the fact that you’re probably not getting sole physical custody?”   To save the show?

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Midnight Cheese said:

I want to live in a universe where Bethenny’s comment was a deliberate Hail Mary to save this season.  

Does anyone think Tinsley can pipe up all savior-style next episode during the dinner time rumble and say, “B, love you mean it, but stop hyperventilating-crying unless it’s over the fact that you’re probably not getting sole physical custody?”   To save the show?

Whose Hail Mary is going to save Barbara?

I don't think Tinsley has a single savior-style gene in her body.

What will Ramona and Dorinda do to stay relevant?

3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

So, in other words, when she does something nice for someone, it’s for her benefit?  When she buys things for everyone because she can, it’s not from her heart?

Correct.  

When the women were receiving their gifts from the artist, Bethenny in the background is heard asking them "Are you freaking out?" 

It's all about the Bethenny Show.

• Love 8
(edited)
14 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Whose Hail Mary is going to save Barbara?

I don't think Tinsley has a single savior-style gene in her body.

What will Ramona and Dorinda do to stay relevant?

I’m not a super fan, but TBH IMO Ramona’s only storyline is being rude and remorseless, and that has been enough to keep an apple in her mitt from S1. 

Dorinda has all kinds of potential. Bluestone redecorating, 12-step programs or not, sponsorship of (unfortunate) charity organizations ..... 

Edited by BckpckFullaNinjas
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
8 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I like Tinsley, I like Tinsley for the show but I think there are times she portrays herself to be something she's not.

I don't think she has money. While I don't think she is as destitute as Sonja, I think she relied heavily on Scott to fund her lifestyle while she pretended they were in a serious monogamous relationship.

If Tinsley had money or was wealthy - her family would have had property already in NY. I think the original suite Tinsley moved into - she only stayed there during filming.

Tinsley is most definitely rich. She's one of the richest housewives having a net worth more than Bethanny. She inherited money so she doesn't have to work. Google it, you'll see she definitely rich. Super rich. She has a much higher net worth than Scott.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, mostlylurking said:

I’m sorry for your struggles, but these chilling episodes were probably set up for future episodes for storylines.  You know Bravo, the uglier, the better. All probably scripted.  I really don’t think any woman would say something like that on her own, even Bethenny.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I would be really interested if anyone can remember a time when Bethenny may have mommy-shamed.  Like I said in an earlier post, if it's a pattern, it's a whole other story for me.

Can't speak to mommy-shaming, but Frankel took an ugly dig at Tinsley in her blog (two years ago) when she used scare-quotes while discussing Tinsley's abuse at the hands of Nico Fanjul (of the monstrous Big Sugar Fanjuls):  

“She talks a lot about this ‘abusive’ relationship she had, and it seems to, quite frankly, make everyone a bit uncomfortable, because we really don’t know her.”

Bethenny was already running a charity to help abused women escape the shame & stigma of silence, and encouraging abused women to share their truth - presumably despite the assholes who find their pain too "uncomfortable" to listen to. 

Oh, wait...

~"I don't need this fucking soupcan purse. Bethenny's mother hates her guts.  My Mom loves me. That's my gift!"  Tinsley Mortimer (as seen last night on film noire tv, reception available only on @Mondrianyone fabulous Gothic island.) 

Edited by film noire
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m sorry for your struggles, but these chilling episodes were probably set up for future episodes for storylines.  You know Bravo, the uglier, the better. All probably scripted.  I really don’t think any woman would say something like that on her own, even Bethenny.

So an offhand comment that Tinsley might not have even heard was actually scripted to fuel a bunch of episodes down the road? These producers must be    omniscient geniuses or it was simply an offhand comment by Bethenny who has a long history of saying insensitive cutting things on and off the show, I believe the later.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
3 hours ago, film noire said:

Just to be clear, the quote you responded to is not mine, but Gem 10's  - and I agree, it was a savage thing to say.  (So sorry you struggled with infertility,  MostlyLurking - I'm sure that was a very hard road.) 

Oops I apologize!  I don’t know what happened. And thank you...it was very difficult but I’m one of the lucky ones because I have my daughter:)  so many others aren’t so lucky. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Bethenny selling her soul by being ugly and saying such a hurtful comment for ratings. 

WOW BETHENNY WOW. 

Even more horrid than what I ever imagined.

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I don't hate Bethenny, though I do think that she is way more high-maintenanced than I would want for a friend.  But what you're talking about here is what you find painful; but I don't think that really has anything to do with whether or not it could be considered charitable. I suspect that now that Tinsley has seen the episode, she found the comment hurtful. That doesn't necessarily mean she wants to abandon her friendship with Bethenny.

I sort of thought that was what we were doing here--giving opinions about what we saw on the show, and perhaps giving reasons to support those opinions.  I can't speak for Tinsley even if I wanted to.  I can only speak for myself.

In recent seasons, but especially this season, Bethenny usually can't sneeze without bothering me, and I was surprised that this comment that makes people justifiably angry just wasn't pinging with me.  When you posted something I found true about how Ramona would have caught so much shit for this same comment that Bethenny made (paraphrasing), it's like a tumbler fell into place in my head, and I realized that something Ramona said that also was "offensive" didn't offend me either, and I wanted to share my perspective as a former offender myself, something I just remembered about how I perceived things.

I am not saying that Tinsley can't or shouldn't take offense to this comment.  I'm certainly not attributing anything positive or charitable to the statement.  It was wrong.  I'm saying I don't think it comes anywhere close to reaming Luann out for, literally a period of hours for, I guess, having had too much sex for Bethenny's liking in the Berkshires.  I'm saying it bothers me, no one else, just me, a lot less than teaming up with Carole to mean-girl the mentally ill Jules for an entire season.  Tinsely is entitled to any reaction she has.  

There is significant data that exists that show that crowd wisdom is a thing.  I am always going to say what I feel and what I mean, but if 90% of the people are saying something is wrong (Bethenny's comment in this situation), I want more insight.  I want to know what I'm missing.  There is a very good chance that I'm wrong.  So I'm going to give my opinion and solicit others' opinions in hopes of furthering the discussion.  Sorry if it wasn't taken well.  That is all I'm gonna say about it.

• Love 8
(edited)
22 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I sort of thought that was what we were doing here--giving opinions about what we saw on the show, and perhaps giving reasons to support those opinions.  I can't speak for Tinsley even if I wanted to.  I can only speak for myself.

In recent seasons, but especially this season, Bethenny usually can't sneeze without bothering me, and I was surprised that this comment that makes people justifiably angry just wasn't pinging with me.  When you posted something I found true about how Ramona would have caught so much shit for this same comment that Bethenny made (paraphrasing), it's like a tumbler fell into place in my head, and I realized that something Ramona said that also was "offensive" didn't offend me either, and I wanted to share my perspective as a former offender myself, something I just remembered about how I perceived things.

I am not saying that Tinsley can't or shouldn't take offense to this comment.  I'm certainly not attributing anything positive or charitable to the statement.  It was wrong.  I'm saying I don't think it comes anywhere close to reaming Luann out for, literally a period of hours for, I guess, having had too much sex for Bethenny's liking in the Berkshires.  I'm saying it bothers me, no one else, just me, a lot less than teaming up with Carole to mean-girl the mentally ill Jules for an entire season.  Tinsely is entitled to any reaction she has.  

There is significant data that exists that show that crowd wisdom is a thing.  I am always going to say what I feel and what I mean, but if 90% of the people are saying something is wrong (Bethenny's comment in this situation), I want more insight.  I want to know what I'm missing.  There is a very good chance that I'm wrong.  So I'm going to give my opinion and solicit others' opinions in hopes of furthering the discussion.  Sorry if it wasn't taken well.  That is all I'm gonna say about it.

Interesting post.......

Since we all regularly snark about the HWs and are often brutally critical of their homes, appearance, makeup, fashion, plastic surgery, personality, attitude and opinions, am I the only one who wonders what gives us the right to call them mean?   That old saying about glass houses comes to mind.   

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Interesting post.......

Since we all regularly snark about the HWs and are often brutally critical of their homes, appearance, makeup, fashion, plastic surgery, personality, attitude and opinions, am I the only one who wonders what gives us the right to call them mean?   That old saying about glass houses comes to mind.   

I wish that someone had brought up this point when people were commenting on Carole last season.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
25 minutes ago, AnnA said:

critical of their homes, appearance, makeup, fashion, plastic surgery, personality, attitude and opinions

MENTION IT ALL

That old saying about glass houses comes to mind.  

To me, chastising people for snarking in a forum  - on a website devoted to snark  - doesn't make much sense. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 23
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

So, in other words, when she does something nice for someone, it’s for her benefit?  When she buys things for everyone because she can, it’s not from her heart?

Hmm...I seem to remember her throwing it back in people's faces when she's butt hurt about something that she did this for them, she did that for them, she bought this and that and "treated" them to this or that. Go to the videotape.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, kicksave said:

Hmm...I seem to remember her throwing it back in people's faces when she's butt hurt about something that she did this for them, she did that for them, she bought this and that and "treated" them to this or that. Go to the videotape.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, film noire said:

MENTION IT ALL

Isn't that why we are all here?

Caught between an ex and a hard place is so appropriate for each of these women.

Ramona is so stuck on Mario.

Bethenny still trying to fuck over Jason, and will be for life. 

Sonja ...."the Morgan letters" saga..What a freak show. She is fucked.

Tinsley and Scott....Can we just end this?

Dorinda and poor Richard. Sad.

Ramona is ok with us bringing up Mario.

I am here for mentioning it all.

• Love 7
53 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

I wish that someone had brought up this point when people were commenting on Carole last season

I used to really like Carole and took her side when she was on the outs with LuAnne.   It's too bad she became a mean girl after breaking up with Adam.

47 minutes ago, film noire said:

MENTION IT ALL

To me, chastising people for snarking in a forum  - on a website devoted to snark  - doesn't make much sense. 

I was observing not chastising.   RHONY Is the one HW show that I almost never rag on because I don't hate any of these HWs.   I can't say that about the OC and BH though. There are a few HWs on each of those shows that I can't stand and I throw stones at those glass houses all the time.   

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Happy Camper said:

Isn't that why we are all here?

Caught between an ex and a hard place is so appropriate for each of these women.

Ramona is so stuck on Mario.

Bethenny still trying to fuck over Jason, and will be for life. 

Sonja ...."the Morgan letters" saga..What a freak show. She is fucked.

Tinsley and Scott....Can we just end this?

Dorinda and poor Richard. Sad.

Ramona is ok with us bringing up Mario.

I am here for mentioning it all.

You forgot LuAnn. 🙀

• LOL 1
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t she apparently left rehab a few weeks early to go do her show. I think the only reason she agreed to go back to rehab after that “intervention” is it got her out of going to the reunion and being asked questions about her drinking and the lawsuit about the house.

I agree and that's why the reunion was filmed early this season.  She had a court date for violating probation and TPTB wanted to get that reunion in just in case she got sent to prison for that violation.

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I agree and that's why the reunion was filmed early this season.  She had a court date for violating probation and TPTB wanted to get that reunion in just in case she got sent to prison for that violation.

Ah ha!    I didn't know that.  Thanks.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/7/2019 at 10:52 PM, AnnA said:

I was observing not chastising.   

"Glass houses comes to mind" is not a neutral observation, imo.

On 6/7/2019 at 8:53 PM, BckpckFullaNinjas said:

I’m not a super fan, but TBH IMO Ramona’s only storyline is being rude and remorseless, and that has been enough to keep an apple in her mitt from S1. 

I think Ramona is gold to reality tv editors (even if the gold is often covered in a ball of dung ; )

Put her in any scene, and she'll do SOMETHING camera-worthy.  Even last week (during the Sonja meltdown at the table) there she was  - mostly in the background, not talking much - but she seemed to be plowing through her food like a 1900s farm labourer before heading out to the back forty.  In a cocktail gown. WTF? Who knows. It's Crazy Eyes world, and nobody else lives in it but her, her evil twin, the talking pool noodles and lipstick-kissed photos of Mario.

Edited by film noire
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

"Glass houses comes to mind" is not a neutral observation.

You're right!  However, I never said it was a "neutral" observation.   I said that I was observing so it's my observation.    Regardless I wasn't chastising.  If I were I'd have to include myself for the things I say about the BH and OC HWs.

If these broads are all just playing a character, then put AMC and OLTL back on the air.  FFS.  Erica Kane > Frankel any day of the week.   

Either way, I’m dead embarrass to be Sonja’s daughter.  Same with little Brynnie Girl.   They can’t fake or act the drunk.  Or the screaming.  

It may very well be amped up, but it all did happen.  

Also, Bethenny, shut the fuck up about people that don’t have kids.  RUDE.  But then again, your wolf parents probably never taught you the golden rule and if you can’t say something kind.  Either way, I would guess she should have picked it up along the way.   Or not.

• Love 12
On 6/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, Lemons said:

He’s too young for her.  These women will all remain single as long as they continue to believe that they are more of a catch than they actually are.  They all want young good looking rich guys. How about a companion to share old age with?  Someone you can laugh with, travel, be there for each other.   Dorinda seems to be the only one who has that.  A man who adores her for who she is. 

but dorinda doesn't want him

• Love 3
(edited)
35 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

If these broads are all just playing a character, then put AMC and OLTL back on the air.  FFS.  Erica Kane > Frankel any day of the week.   

Either way, I’m dead embarrass to be Sonja’s daughter.  Same with little Brynnie Girl.   They can’t fake or act the drunk.  Or the screaming.  

I think Sonia's daughter is fine. She doesn't seem to be a part of Sonia's life, and it seems that her ex husband, the daughter's dad, is very much in control of her education and experiences. I think Sonia allows this because she knows how good it is, and that she can't provide that type of support. The father, Mr. Morgan, is an incredibly old-school old-money intelligent and sage who will no undoubtedly (IMO) mentor Sydney and ensure she reaches her full potential professionally, personally, emotionally, etc. 

Bethanny's daughter on the other hand is a wild card. Maybe Bethanny will be okay, but seeing your mom yell, scream, cry, have tantrums, on camera will mess her up later. But Bethanny thinks its all good cuz she has some money in the bank (some). Skinny Girl is going nowhere fast and she's most likely losing money on that. unless she comes up with something else soon, she'll just be living off modest royalties and more modest interest. She throws around money left and right, and does not appear to have a great deal of financial intelligence. IMO. She seems to throw money at her daughter, buy her stuff, and my thoughts are, like her parents, they will later expect her to appreciate all the shit they bought her. If Brynn tells her that her fighting with Jason made her childhood traumatic, I see Bethanny screaming, "I bought you a Nutcracker! I gave you everything! I left parties to watch you sleep!!!" 

When Bethanny said that she had a daughter and Tinsley didn't, I also thought, "Well, Tinsley wants to make sure her child has a real family." Bethanny's daughter has Jason's family and then a super unstable neuritic mom. Yea. Way to think of your daughter as a commodity. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
On 6/5/2019 at 6:16 PM, Neurochick said:

I don't get the Luann hate.  To me she's no different than any of these other women.  All of them are narcissistic.  All of them are ME ME ME.  So they need to STFU about Luann.  

I love how everybody's like "Luann's awful, she's narcissistic.  BUT SO ARE ALL OF THEM.

Yup! It cracks me up when Real Housewives throw narcissism or gossip or promoting businesses around as an insult. That’s all of them! They all do all those things. 

Plus, while I’ve never been in recovery myself, I imagine it’s a pretty narcissistic  process at first. Not intentionally, but in a way where you really need to put your own needs first above all else big and small until you’re on more solid footing and better able to deal with life’s ups and downs and general shit. If talking about cabaret endlessly is what Luanne needs right now, then ok I guess. I’m not saying Luanne isn’t annoying as shit with all of her Sunset Boulevard nonsense right now, I’m just saying that getting over a trauma like a substance abuse issue probably requires quite a few moments of one not being one’s most pleasant self. Less then a year into a major change like sobriety probably isn’t the best moment to hold people “accountable”. Or whatever these heifers mean when they all scream about accountability.

i thought Tinsley’s outfits were on point and I loved the skirt Bethany wore to the art thing.

Thats all I got.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jaybird2 said:

but dorinda doesn't want him

Sadly Dorinda is becoming like the rest of them and probably is seeing herself as too good for him. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, film noire said:

"Glass houses comes to mind" is not a neutral observation.

I think Ramona is gold to reality tv editors (even if the gold is often covered in a ball of dung ; )

Put her in any scene, and she'll do SOMETHING camera-worthy.  Even last week (during the Sonja meltdown at the table) there she was  - mostly in the background, not talking much - but she seemed to be plowing through her food like a 1900s farm labourer before heading out to the back forty.  In a cocktail gown. WTF? Who knows. It's Crazy Eyes world, and nobody else lives in it but her, her evil twin, the talking pool noodles and lipstick-kissed photos of Mario.

Ramona  is a dork. Her awkwardness is relateable (not a word I guess) at least to me. I however am aware I'm a dork and socially awkward and sometimes try to hard. Ramona and her Darwin approved ultra powered ego would never entertain such a thought. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Midnight Cheese said:

Gawd it would be beautiful if she said this ! 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, film noire said:

Thanks.  At least you got my name right.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Thanks.  At least you got my name right.

...We may not agree on whether Frankel's comment was savage or not,  but at least we both agree what our names are  :)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, film noire said:

17 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

I think this is part of Tinsley's screen "persona"

Tinsley oftens mentions things that were her claim to fame - from 20 years ago. Tinsley married into High Society - once divorced that ship sailed. You will not be welcomed back into that group by appearing on more than one Reality show. You will not even get near the door by getting the gig of a 1 time - ringmaster introducer to the Big Apple Circus.

Even if she gets invited to a High Society event - what is her goal? To land a rich man? I don't believe the pool of single men in that group would go for Tinsley - she's too old. Though she may be sweet and polite - what does she bring to the table? A rich man wanting kids - they'd have to go the invitro-route at the very least, more likely a surrogate. A rich man could go the natural route with a much younger woman. While a rich man could afford chefs, cooks, housekeeping - Tinsley doesn't seem intelligent enough to oversee it without a lot of hand holding from a husband who doesn't have the time. She also doesn't seem decisive enough. I'm trying to picture her hostessing/arranging an important business dinner and making everything cute and sparkly. I can't imagine her having intelligent conversation with her dinner partners.

Great post.  That’s Tinsley to a T.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, film noire said:

...We may not agree on whether Frankel's comment was savage or not,  but at least we both agree what our names are  :)

All this was not a conversation.  It was a blood bath.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, film noire said:

Ah! Well, that makes sense. Rude & remorseless & camera-worthy is more interesting than polite. Ask any actor — more fun to play a villain than a hero, or so I have read. 

Heard this in a commencement address: “Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.”

Immediately thought of our favorite egomaniacs!   

• Love 7