Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Caught Between an Ex and a Hard Place

• Start Topic

(edited)
51 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Let’s look at the comment Bethenny made without malice.  Is what she said true or not?  Tinsley does not have a child.  True.  If it were Ramona or Sonja who said it, everyone would just take it from where it came, but because Bethenny said it, it’s a whole big deal of course.  Bethenny just cannot win in any seniario.  She’s always the bad guy.  The rest get off the hook for one reason or another.  Personally, I don’t think Tinsley wants a child.  She just wants a Man. IMO.

I don't think that the others are let off the hook for the nasty things that they say and do. 

All of them are called out for being the bad guy when we see them being the bad guy. These boards are chock full of evidence of that. Last season Carole couldn't say a single word without going to hell for it.

I used to like Bethenny. I used to like Lu. I used to like Dorinda, but I won't excuse their bad behaviour. 

(never liked Sonja or Ramona)

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Would someone here even bother to wave at me going by as I stand alone on my rocky, barren, windswept little island and say that I harbor a molecule or two of suspicion that Sonja is putting on about 75% or more of her overacting, hysterical babbling?  What else can she do to get this kind of attention and camera time, with no storyline, no Miss Havisham house, no romantic relationship, no business?

No waves?  Okay, I'll just stand here by myself looking all Gothic and godforsaken.

I believe she was drunk but yes I believe she is totally acting and hamming it up.  Otherwise she has ZERO storyline.  There's no product in development that will likely never be sold.  There's no new boyfriend.  There's no crumbling townhouse to talk about.  I think she's heard the Grey Gardens comparison and thinks she should ramp up the "quirky" and "eccentric" stuff to get airtime.  I fully believe next season, she'll do a Kim Zolciak and pretend to be in a lesbian relationship.

19 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Would someone here even bother to wave at me going by as I stand alone on my rocky, barren, windswept little island and say that I harbor a molecule or two of suspicion that Sonja is putting on about 75% or more of her overacting, hysterical babbling?  What else can she do to get this kind of attention and camera time, with no storyline, no Miss Havisham house, no romantic relationship, no business?

No waves?  Okay, I'll just stand here by myself looking all Gothic and godforsaken.

I believe she was drunk but yes I believe she is totally acting and hamming it up.  Otherwise she has ZERO storyline.  There's no product in development that will likely never be sold.  There's no new boyfriend.  There's no crumbling townhouse to talk about.  I think she's heard the Grey Gardens comparison and thinks she should ramp up the "quirky" and "eccentric" stuff to get airtime.  I fully believe next season, she'll do a Kim Zolciak and pretend to be in a lesbian relationship.

• Love 9
17 hours ago, Cherrio said:

Her anger this season imo is stemming from being unable to drink and I see that as a huge problem.   Whatever her true problems are, its causing her to act like a world class(less) witch and being unable to refrain from drinking for what I consider a very short time.

I agree, I think she is really pissed off that she can't drink. Which is why she needs to attend as many meetings as she can or her new sobriety won't work. She also needs to have some friends that don't drink but we also know that isn't going to happen. 

• Love 11
14 hours ago, divsc said:

It was such a cruel, unprovoked comment. Tinsley was staying in her lane, minding her own business, gets a little gift that she will absolutely never use, and Bethenny is just so irked at not being the Queen B that she feels the need to throw out a sucker punch and take a cheap shot at someone's most vulnerable area? I hope she apologizes, but those are the kind of comments that sting and hurt.

And such mixed messages too - you have Sonja yapping a few episodes ago about why Tinsley even needs a child and who fills her head with this crap, and complaining that she's sick of hearing the sob story and just be happy hanging out with her and Ramona... and then you have Bethenny go out of her way, in a total non-sequitur, to plunge in the dagger of, "Well at least I have a child." Aka... at least I have what matters. And you don't. (But stop wanting it, don't cry, and don't be depressed about it.) 

That said, I can understand why most of the women can't relate and are tired of hearing it. They are in a total different life stage, have different experiences, and that's okay. Tinsely needs actual friends, who aren't her mother, and a really, really good therapist. But - Bethenny should know better. 

Amen on all of that. Even if Tins didn't hear the comment, it was indeed the sucker punch intent.  Beth doesn't like it when someone else gets attention; I'm sure out of all the women on the show, she's most insecure about Tinsely.  She views the other ladies as cobweb vaginas.  Tins is a little younger, as thin, and while I don't think she's that attractive, she's on par with Frankel looks wise.   So it doesn't surprise me she'd hit below the belt.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

I agree, I think she is really pissed off that she can't drink. Which is why she needs to attend as many meetings as she can or her new sobriety won't work. She also needs to have some friends that don't drink but we also know that isn't going to happen. 

She doesn't want to stop drinking. I think she should treat it as a temporary obligation so that the pressure to not drink isn't so overwhelming and when the legal aspect of it is over she needs to re-evalute what her next steps should be.  I think it's so damaging to force the wrong diagnosis on people. I don't think she has a dependence on alcohol I think her life issues are leading her to make bad decisions but since everyone is telling Lu that it's the drink when in reality it isn't her energy and focus are being drained by the wrong healing goal. This will end up affecting her relationship with alcohol for real.

• Love 11
(edited)
23 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Not for anything, but Ramona and Mario have a fantastic relationship after the divorce.  Unbelievable that Ramona seems no bitter that he left her for another.  Bethenny was listening intently when talking to Mario about it.  She should take a lesson.  It would be better for all around.

I think Ramona is still in love with Mario and likes to chalk up his infidelity as midlife crisis -- not something that happened throughout their marriage (and I believe he probably was a serial cheater).  I think the last several seasons of her supposedly enjoying dating is all for Mario in hopes it makes him jealous.  Just like this episode's intent bringing the date around him.

That said, if they can have a post-divorce friendship, I think that's awesome.  It's good for Avery.  He fucked up, but they have a long history together.  As long as her forgiveness isn't so she can get back in a romantic relationship with him, I admire it.  It's easier to live a happy life if you have that capacity to let go of anger.

Meanwhile, did we address how her date ends up in Miami?  I mean, is this some sort of long-distance thing or did he fly to MIami to show up to a party?

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Happy Camper said:

If she had not tacked on the last two words, it would have been a sweet sentiment. 

It doesn't matter whether or not Tinsley heard, or if it would bother her. It was a nasty comment, but not surprising. 

Not at all surprising. Maybe surprising the Bravo highlighted it, since it was so authentic and unplanned. 

• Love 6

Did they say that the sign Bethenny bought used to hang in the old Crowbar in the East Village? I thought that's what I heard and I'm jealous. As someone who misses "my" NYC and loves to wax nostalgic about the wonderful old haunts that have since been lost to Whole Foods, Duane Reades and more banks than anyone needs, I would pay good money for some old pieces from some of those places. Especially if I had her money. I also have no problem with artists being paid for their work. His work really isn't my style at all, but that's fine.

I have such a tough time with Tinsley due to my old opinions of her which were forged during her heyday. Being in my 20s and working my ass off to get somewhere in NYC professionally, Tinsley and her crowd were such a joke to me. She seems genuinely kind, but I wish she'd get some real goals for herself. She's too old to care this much about being in NY society. Why on earth would that be a goal for a 40 something year old woman? I could see MAYBE falling for it in your 20s. Maybe. But she's simply lived too long to have such low expectations for herself. I find it difficult to get around. She acted like a total middle schooler when she was introduced to that guy. She needs to grow up. I know many believe that she wants to be a mother, but I really don't. I think she wants the perfect package and that's part of it. If she really wants to be a mother, she shouldn't wait on a man for it. But, I'm not sure Tinsley has ever figured out what she wants for HERSELF ever. She wants what people tell her she should want. It's beyond time to grow up. 

• Love 16

I think Lu is wrong.  I do not think these women all want her to fail.  One thing I like about the NY crew is that although they fight like cats and dogs, at the end of the day they have had each others backs when shit really hits the fan.  They just get over it and get on with things.

I also have to give Sonja credit for waking up fresh as a daisy after whatever the hell she was on the night prior....it's the best she's looked all season!

I',starting to feel a little bad for Babs with being excluded by Ramona and just kind of standing around awkwardly trying to fit int but honestly, why is she there??  She's not a part of this group.

Everyone looked good at the party.  All I could do is shake my head in second hand embarrassment at Ramona's attempts to be "sexy"...I could barely watch.  Mario still looks good.

• Love 14
20 hours ago, politichick said:

I also suspect that Tinsley doesn't really want a baby and Bethenny agrees with us. It was unkind but maybe her way of trying to get her to give birth or get off the pot.

I like Tinsley, I like Tinsley for the show but I think there are times she portrays herself to be something she's not.

I don't think she has money. While I don't think she is as destitute as Sonja, I think she relied heavily on Scott to fund her lifestyle while she pretended they were in a serious monogamous relationship.

If Tinsley had money or was wealthy - her family would have had property already in NY. I think the original suite Tinsley moved into - she only stayed there during filming. When the cameras are off she lives with mom down south or in Florida. Once she bagged Scott - he paid for the hotel suite. Tinsley herself admitted to Scott paying the hotel. I also don't think the hotel was charging Tinsley/Scott as much as she said on the show or in interviews. I think in exchange for filming multiple scenes at the hotel - in the suite, in the sauna in the lower level, having drinks with mom twice in the lobby - she got comped some of her time and payed much less than the monthly rate for the 4 months she is there.

There was a scene, mom and Tinsley in her suite after the circus. It was a seriously janky suite and not the original suite they showed her in. I think Scott dumped her way before she admitted on camera, and that's why she freaked out when the ladies dared her to call Scott on the phone.

I don't think Scott was controlling. I don't think he ever showed her pictures of engagement rings. I don't think Scott strung her along. I think Tinsley was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I think the reason why Tinsley never moved to Chicago is because she knew the relationship was never going to head down the aisle and it had an expiration date. Tinsley makes it seem on camera, she won't leave NY because of her "brand" Tinsley won't leave NY because of RHNY and she can't afford to end the revenue stream that provides her the most income.

As for kids/babies - I don't think Tinsley ever wanted them. She was with Topper for over 15 years - I think this is one of the main reasons they split, he wanted them she wanted to party. After Topper, Tinsley has had 10 years to date/marry/have babies. She didn't jump from Topper to Nico to Scott. There were many guys in between.

It was Dale who convinced Tinsley to freeze her eggs when she was 38. I don't think she wants kids - I think she wants to continue to party (drink), go shopping, travel. I think she is going to have to find her own Old Man Morgan. I wish Tinsley would date a nice guy, with a normal 9-5 job - but I don't see Tinsley going this route because she's high maintenance and seems to need lots of attention. She won't be happy not being able to travel/vacation whenever she wants, not being able to eat out 7 days a week.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
18 hours ago, Clare said:

Agree that Lu is likely using but I pull the black shades down so the sun doesn't come bother me in the morning and I want to sleep in.

While I agree people do this - Luann just went to her room.

I don't know if she even finished her dinner but this is the first thing she did upon entering her room. This was not the ritual right before going to bed and she was planning on waking early for yoga. When Bethenny went to her room - Luann was hanging things up, she was still in her dress from dinner.

To me it was to prevent someone outside from seeing her nefarious shenanigans - be it liquor or coke

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

If she had not tacked on the last two words, it would have been a sweet sentiment. 

It doesn't matter whether or not Tinsley heard, or if it would bother her. It was a nasty comment, but not surprising. 

At least she says it to the face.  The others wait until you leave the room and then rip you apart.  Phonies, all phonies.  Kissy, kissy while they stab you in the back.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

least she says it to the face.  The others wait until you leave the room and then rip you apart.  Phonies, all phonies.  Kissy, kissy while they stab you in the back.

Bethenny also says a lot of shitty things about them behind their backs as well and was just rolling around in the bed with Tinsley saying how she had such a great tome talking last night.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Amen on all of that. Even if Tins didn't hear the comment, it was indeed the sucker punch intent.  Beth doesn't like it when someone else gets attention; I'm sure out of all the women on the show, she's most insecure about Tinsely.  She views the other ladies as cobweb vaginas.  Tins is a little younger, as thin, and while I don't think she's that attractive, she's on par with Frankel looks wise.   So it doesn't surprise me she'd hit below the belt.

If Tins didn’t hear the remark, then why all the hate and fuss about it?  Waste of time and energy.  I didn’t hear any complaints from Tinsley yet, but I’m sure she will hear about it now.  That’s for sure.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

If Tins didn’t hear the remark, then why all the hate and fuss about it?  Waste of time and energy.  I didn’t hear any complaints from Tinsley yet, but I’m sure she will hear about it now.  That’s for sure.

Well she has certainly heard it now since she has seen the show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7

I think the women are annoyed with Luann not because she's found "success" but because she's being insufferable. 

That said, I think she's correct that they'd take delight in her failure.

tl;dr Everybody's awful.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Because they are on a reality show and everything they say while filming has the potential to be seen by the person they are on the show with?  So the hurtful comment is eventually going to be seen by Tins?  Because there was absolutely no need to add  "She doesn't" to that sentence for something that really didn't require it any comment about child bearing?  Is "why all the hate and fuss about it" and the "waste of time and energy" a comment on us commenting about it? If so, I don't think we are wasting time energy, hating and fussing any more than we usually do over this show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
(edited)
1 hour ago, Otherkate said:

I have such a tough time with Tinsley due to my old opinions of her which were forged during her heyday. Being in my 20s and working my ass off to get somewhere in NYC professionally, Tinsley and her crowd were such a joke to me. She seems genuinely kind, but I wish she'd get some real goals for herself. She's too old to care this much about being in NY society. Why on earth would that be a goal for a 40 something year old woman? I could see MAYBE falling for it in your 20s. Maybe. But she's simply lived too long to have such low expectations for herself. I find it difficult to get around. She acted like a total middle schooler when she was introduced to that guy. She needs to grow up. I know many believe that she wants to be a mother, but I really don't. I think she wants the perfect package and that's part of it. If she really wants to be a mother, she shouldn't wait on a man for it. But, I'm not sure Tinsley has ever figured out what she wants for HERSELF ever. She wants what people tell her she should want. It's beyond time to grow up. 

I think this is part of Tinsley's screen "persona"

Tinsley oftens mentions things that were her claim to fame - from 20 years ago. Tinsley married into High Society - once divorced that ship sailed. You will not be welcomed back into that group by appearing on more than one Reality show. You will not even get near the door by getting the gig of a 1 time - ringmaster introducer to the Big Apple Circus.

Even if she gets invited to a High Society event - what is her goal? To land a rich man? I don't believe the pool of single men in that group would go for Tinsley - she's too old. Though she may be sweet and polite - what does she bring to the table? A rich man wanting kids - they'd have to go the invitro-route at the very least, more likely a surrogate. A rich man could go the natural route with a much younger woman. While a rich man could afford chefs, cooks, housekeeping - Tinsley doesn't seem intelligent enough to oversee it without a lot of hand holding from a husband who doesn't have the time. She also doesn't seem decisive enough. I'm trying to picture her hostessing/arranging an important business dinner and making everything cute and sparkly. I can't imagine her having intelligent conversation with her dinner partners.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

I like Tinsley, I like Tinsley for the show but I think there are times she portrays herself to be something she's not.

I don't think she has money. While I don't think she is as destitute as Sonja, I think she relied heavily on Scott to fund her lifestyle while she pretended they were in a serious monogamous relationship.

If Tinsley had money or was wealthy - her family would have had property already in NY. I think the original suite Tinsley moved into - she only stayed there during filming. When the cameras are off she lives with mom down south or in Florida. Once she bagged Scott - he paid for the hotel suite. Tinsley herself admitted to Scott paying the hotel. I also don't think the hotel was charging Tinsley/Scott as much as she said on the show or in interviews. I think in exchange for filming multiple scenes at the hotel - in the suite, in the sauna in the lower level, having drinks with mom twice in the lobby - she got comped some of her time and payed much less than the monthly rate for the 4 months she is there.

There was a scene, mom and Tinsley in her suite after the circus. It was a seriously janky suite and not the original suite they showed her in. I think Scott dumped her way before she admitted on camera, and that's why she freaked out when the ladies dared her to call Scott on the phone.

I don't think Scott was controlling. I don't think he ever showed her pictures of engagement rings. I don't think Scott strung her along. I think Tinsley was trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I think the reason why Tinsley never moved to Chicago is because she knew the relationship was never going to head down the aisle and it had an expiration date. Tinsley makes it seem on camera, she won't leave NY because of her "brand" Tinsley won't leave NY because of RHNY and she can't afford to end the revenue stream that provides her the most income.

As for kids/babies - I don't think Tinsley ever wanted them. She was with Topper for over 15 years - I think this is one of the main reasons they split, he wanted them she wanted to party. After Topper, Tinsley has had 10 years to date/marry/have babies. She didn't jump from Topper to Nico to Scott. There were many guys in between.

It was Dale who convinced Tinsley to freeze her eggs when she was 38. I don't think she wants kids - I think she wants to continue to party (drink), go shopping, travel. I think she is going to have to find her own Old Man Morgan. I wish Tinsley would date a nice guy, with a normal 9-5 job - but I don't see Tinsley going this route because she's high maintenance and seems to need lots of attention. She won't be happy not being able to travel/vacation whenever she wants, not being able to eat out 7 days a week.

I agree with just about everything in this post; however, it is entirely possible to change your mind especially when your clock is ticking.  Or be conflicted and reevaluating it that at 43 knowing the clock is ticking away feverishly and you aren't walking down the aisle anytime soon.  She doesn't want kids badly enough to do it on her own; she wants the wealthy husband in addition.

On her money sitch, I know she has a housewares line through BB&B and Wayfair, but not sure how successful that really is.  She never talks about it on the show which surprises me given the glut of Skinny Girl shit we have to suffer through..

• Love 5
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I think Ramona is still in love with Mario and likes to chalk up his infidelity as midlife crisis -- not something that happened throughout their marriage (and I believe he probably was a serial cheater).  I think the last several seasons of her supposedly enjoying dating is all for Mario in hopes it makes him jealous.  Just like this episode's intent bringing the date around him.

This, 100% all day long every day.  To me, Ramona comes across as desperate for a man, and especially desperate to get Mario back.  She has no game and completely embarrassed herself with the Spanx in her butt crack maneuver.  I'll bet after "dating" all those losers from the Regency, Mario looks better than ever to her.  But he is not the least bit interested, so she is just delusional if she thinks he will ever come back to her.

• Love 11

I'm not sure which is more nauseating: that flashback to Ramona and Mario's sexy foot massage scene, which I honestly thought I had emotionally moved past, or their weird flirting now.  It is truly a toss up. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, izabella said:

This, 100% all day long every day.  To me, Ramona comes across as desperate for a man, and especially desperate to get Mario back.  She has no game and completely embarrassed herself with the Spanx in her butt crack maneuver.  I'll bet after "dating" all those losers from the Regency, Mario looks better than ever to her.  But he is not the least bit interested, so she is just delusional if she thinks he will ever come back to her.

Exactly.  I would be willing to bet Mario is in the market for 20s, early 30s woman.  And he's an attractive and wealthy enough guy to get one.  I think he probably still has affection for her but is enjoying being back on the show again so he can brag about that to the 20/30 somethings.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Well, Sonja is already "fake" fighting Barbara for Bethenny, so that wouldn't surprise me!  

You have an excellent point about the possibility of Sonja amping up the drunken antics for a storyline.  It's something to consider.  And, I'd rather hear that she is more faking it with the drunk behavior than that there really is an issue.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I agree with just about everything in this post; however, it is entirely possible to change your mind especially when your clock is ticking.  Or be conflicted and reevaluating it that at 43 knowing the clock is ticking away feverishly and you aren't walking down the aisle anytime soon.  She doesn't want kids badly enough to do it on her own; she wants the wealthy husband in addition.

On her money sitch, I know she has a housewares line through BB&B and Wayfair, but not sure how successful that really is.  She never talks about it on the show which surprises me given the glut of Skinny Girl shit we have to suffer through..

I was thinking about this after the last show - this season, we really haven't seen the overabundance of SkinnyGirl product like we have in past seasons.  I remember the product placement in the first episode at Bethenny's Hamptons house, but other than that, it hasn't overwhelmed the sets like it has in the past.  

Or, maybe I'm just sooo used to seeing it over and over again, that I kind of just mentally gloss over it.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Let’s look at the comment Bethenny made without malice.  Is what she said true or not?  Tinsley does not have a child.  True.  If it were Ramona or Sonja who said it, everyone would just take it from where it came, but because Bethenny said it, it’s a whole big deal of course.  Bethenny just cannot win in any seniario.  She’s always the bad guy.  The rest get off the hook for one reason or another.  Personally, I don’t think Tinsley wants a child.  She just wants a Man. IMO.

I don't typically dislike Bethenny. I think it's a sh*tty thing to say to any women Tinsley's age, whether her child status is voluntary or not, no matter who says it. I don't even know that Bethenny said it maliciously, but it was insensitive. The gift of a child shouldn't be wielded toward other women as an, "I won at life" prize or weapon. I think she really thinks that way and was trying to console her own ego that she didn't get something from the artist, and that's what came out of her mouth. It actually surprised me that Bethenny would be the one to say that.

I don't know what Tinsley wants - I think for a 40 something year old woman who grew up thinking and expecting that she would be in the same place as many of her peers, accepting whether you will be a mother or if you will be okay if that doesn't happen, it's just complicated and not talked about a lot.

I do agree she should focus on her relationships more than the baby. I think she wants the man and a partner more than she wants the responsibility of raising a child alone.

• Love 9
On 6/6/2019 at 12:31 PM, chuckity said:

Call me a crazy romantic, but I totally ship Mario & Ramona.

Same. I will ship them forever. Ramona can flirt and date all she wants - she truly loved Mario, and though he was awful, I believe he loves her back.

He was disgusting to her for many years, most likely. Most can't move on from that. But it's obvious that they can't quite move out of each other's orbits. Maybe they can just be together and not be married. I don't know; it's not my business. But after all these years, I want Ramona to be happy, and I feel like the only way for that to happen is for her to be with Mario. 

• Love 4

Slightly off topic, but Sonja needs to ease up on the fillers.  In that commercial of her promoting Project Runway, the fillers are making her eyes look wonky.  Like they are cross-eyed almost.  And she looks high.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I was thinking about this after the last show - this season, we really haven't seen the overabundance of SkinnyGirl product like we have in past seasons.  I remember the product placement in the first episode at Bethenny's Hamptons house, but other than that, it hasn't overwhelmed the sets like it has in the past.  

Or, maybe I'm just sooo used to seeing it over and over again, that I kind of just mentally gloss over it.  

She has ramped it WAY down this season - I wonder if they now expect $$ for each mention? I kind of remember a few comments about the jeans, but nothing like seasons past. Now that I think of it - it's kind of odd that she isn't "mentioning it all" like she used to... in regards to SG that is. LOL

43 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Exactly.  I would be willing to bet Mario is in the market for 20s, early 30s woman.  And he's an attractive and wealthy enough guy to get one.  I think he probably still has affection for her but is enjoying being back on the show again so he can brag about that to the 20/30 somethings.

Totally agree - Mario is likely on the show to "impress" his next young bit o' stuff.... I don't see him getting back together with Ramona unless financially forced to, and even then, they'd not be "partners".

• Love 5
(edited)
4 minutes ago, BodhiGurl said:

She has ramped it WAY down this season - I wonder if they now expect $$ for each mention? I kind of remember a few comments about the jeans, but nothing like seasons past. Now that I think of it - it's kind of odd that she isn't "mentioning it all" like she used to... in regards to SG that is. LOL

Totally agree - Mario is likely on the show to "impress" his next young bit o' stuff.... I don't see him getting back together with Ramona unless financially forced to, and even then, they'd not be "partners".

Very true on the Skinny Girl mentions!  Yes, wonder why?  Could her antics be actually harming the brand and she was asked to stop?  Early in the season, we got the product placement (salad dressings) at the table.  Then wasn't there an episode where she was sooooooo busy that she thought about selling off or hiring some VP?  

On Mario, I bet he thinks their post-divorce friendliness rehabs his reputation a bit too.  He's got his ex doing the legwork b/c she keeps calling it a midlife crisis as though it's not really his fault, he just was going through something.  And any future women in his world will think well if Ramona forgives him, he must not be that bad.  

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I don't think that Beth is always the bad guy but in this case, I am not sure how this comment could be read charitably, and I would say that if it came from Ramona or Sonja. (Especially Ramona - I suspect that if Ramona had said it, people would be screaming about how rude Ramona is).

• Love 12
On 6/6/2019 at 12:17 PM, kicksave said:

He had money but not much to look at IMO

So, I've posted about this before, but I ran into Scott and Tinsley at a Backstreet Boys concert in August at Planet Hollywood. Tinsley is stunning in person, and Scott is SO MUCH BETTER-LOOKING in real life. Like, it took me a few seconds to process it was him.

He's tall and burly in a lumberjack-who-can-build-a-fire-and-a-log-cabin type of way, not pudgy and dad-bod-ish which was how he came across on screen.

He was holding her very protectively through the dense crowd and they seemed oh-so-sweet together. I'm petite like Tins (but nowhere near as fit or gorgeous), and I like my men like Scott - strong protectors who I can hide behind. I get why it's tough for her to move on from him.

But as for this whole "he didn't like my lifestyle or my being in the spotlight" excuse... just no. Either it's a poorly conceived cover story for why they didn't work out, or he's a straight-up user, because he had NO issue meeting her on camera and using their connection to promote his business with numerous commercials during the show. 

Tins could pass for early 30s, so I don't think age was the issue. He's also probably not going to find anyone more beautiful than her. Money couldn't be the problem - both have plenty. 

Whatever ended them, I get it if they want to keep it private. But what's  being said on camera isn't making a whole lot of sense. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, there's Jill....

• Love 3

I don't think so either.  If she did she has the resources to make it happen man or not.  I think she is afraid to tell Dale she doesn't want them.

• Love 4
On 6/6/2019 at 1:46 PM, GirlyGamer said:

I think what Luann is sensing, but is incapable of explaining (because anything beyond "Me. Applause. Pussy tingling. Greenbacks in pocket. Happy hour!" stymies her) is that her castmates are pissed that Luann endured a public stumble - a beaut of a falling down involving cops, jail, handcuffs, a humiliating divorce -  but somehow Luann has risen from the ashes (with the speed of a mutating virus)  and turned ALL of it into fodder for a fucking night club act.  (If that pisses ME off, I can only imagine how much it must piss them off.)

THIS. ALL OF THIS.

Yes, Lu has always been insufferable. She's still insufferable. Worse than ever now.

But why? 

The arrest, the rehab, the lawsuit, the divorce, the fall in the bushes - all of it was supposed to take her down several pegs. It was supposed to humble her. PERMANENTLY. It was supposed to change her. I think all the ladies were holding memorials for the countess and breathing a sigh of relief that Lu would never lord over them again.

Let's be real - the gals probably thought they were all moving up a rung as Lu descended to the bottom of the social ladder. They think she should be hiding in shame and grovelling, because that's what's expected after such public transgressions. They want their pound of flesh and some REMORSE, dammit.

Lu has turned that whole narrative on its head. She's feeling herself more than ever! It's stymied the others. WHAT DO YOU MEAN HER EGO IS STILL INTACT? As Gossip Girl once said, "You can't keep a bad girl down."

• Love 8

Leaving the show would be a great idea. There are way too many alcohol fueled events in Housewives land for a person who's newly committed to sobriety. 

• Love 6

Who cares for that junk anyhow?  It all looked hideous.  Like they really liked it.  I don’t care how much it cost or who the guy was. Lol.

Truly. He was giving away album covers. WTF? Even if he had designed the original art for the album covers, he was giving away album covers that he signed. And wanted the girls to believe they were worth thousands of dollars. Yeah right. 

• LOL 3

No amount of meetings is going to help her stay sober if she doesn't have a desire to stop drinking. She has not hit bottom yet, and the "intervention" was a waste of time. 

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, thesupremediva1 said:

THIS. ALL OF THIS.

Yes, Lu has always been insufferable. She's still insufferable. Worse than ever now.

But why? 

The arrest, the rehab, the lawsuit, the divorce, the fall in the bushes - all of it was supposed to take her down several pegs. It was supposed to humble her. PERMANENTLY. It was supposed to change her. I think all the ladies were holding memorials for the countess and breathing a sigh of relief that Lu would never lord over them again.

Let's be real - the gals probably thought they were all moving up a rung as Lu descended to the bottom of the social ladder. They think she should be hiding in shame and grovelling, because that's what's expected after such public transgressions. They want their pound of flesh and some REMORSE, dammit.

Lu has turned that whole narrative on its head. She's feeling herself more than ever! It's stymied the others. WHAT DO YOU MEAN HER EGO IS STILL INTACT? As Gossip Girl once said, "You can't keep a bad girl down."

Yup! I get that Lu could use toning down but what keeps me from rooting against her is your breakdown above. I also think its why Lu gets more and more insufferable because she sees how they swarm around her like vultures wanting and waiting for her to break and finally be down for the count. I mean hello its pitifully obvious how much the others have been drooling for this season after season and season after season the others get more and more irate over the fact that Lu just won't lay down and die of embarrassment like a good girl and finally give them what they want.

Yeah, Lu's gotten worse over the seasons but I truly think that she's gotten more and more hardened, partly by the recent hardships and partly by the others rooting so publicly against her. I believe that's what has given us this Lu. The strongly unapologetic, fed up, don't give a fuck Lu we have been seeing this season.  And this bitch has to deal with this shit WITHOUT being able to lean on some alcohol??? I am totally not surprised that we are seeing the Lu with the rough edges belt out some doozies.  I ain't even mad at her. LOL 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
(edited)
7 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Let’s look at the comment Bethenny made without malice.  

The malice is in the comment itself, imo.

but because Bethenny said it, it’s a whole big deal of course.

I think the sentiment is vicious,  regardless of who says it, or in what form: if Kyle/LVP visited NYC for an episode and said, "I don't need a gift. I have a wonderful marriage. Bethenny doesn't."  that would be straight-up Erika Jayne cunty to me.

6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Last season Carole couldn't say a single word without going to hell for it.

Yes - Radziwill was even accused of fraudulently using a mule to finish the marathon - so they've all had their day in the RHoNY sun, from Ramona to Jill to Luann to Sonja to Kelly to Alex. They've all been relentlessly criticized for shit they've said, done, or left undone; there are no princesses in this crew. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
52 minutes ago, lizajane said:

No amount of meetings is going to help her stay sober if she doesn't have a desire to stop drinking. She has not hit bottom yet, and the "intervention" was a waste of time. 

I think the intervention helped. Sometimes people need a time out and it sounded like she needed help gathering her wits about her. It's the need to foist on her the requirement to make being 100% sober her new lifestyle that's the step in the wrong direction. She needs to heal whatever is at the root of her problems but with everyone telling her its alcohol she's always going to be wasting her energy fighting the wrong foe. I'm not surprised she's resistant to the idea but of course she has to make the attempt to convince the public that she's taking her sobriety "seriously" cause she's been deemed an alcoholic. The go to diagnosis. So bored with the laziness and simplistic take on life struggles. It's always gotta be alcohol or substance abuse. There's so much more out there that contributes to the decline of someone's stability. Like life.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, izabella said:

Especially if he is still living in the 6th borough, Boca Raton. It is just chock full of the likes of Ramona, Sonja, Lu, Dorinda, and Tinsley types. Men joke about seeing so many old blondes at bars, they think they're in Sweden! They refer to these women as "sharks", that they will catch and release-and swim off to the next one. I suggest they all remain in the UES. They would get lost in the crowd down here.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

While I agree this is possible, in the case of Tinsley I don't think it's true.

She froze her eggs at 38 at her mother's request. Her mom got the storage bill when she was 42. Don't you think she got bills for the first few years? Usually, an annual exam is recommended - not for the eggs but for the female and making sure her body is healthy enough to carry a pregnancy. There is a window and a time frame, and that window gets smaller with each year. Tinsley drinks A LOT. In the 2 years she's been on, I haven't seen her make any attempts on cutting down just in case Scott (or imaginary Prince Charming) pops the question and she can have a healthy pregnancy.

As for the housewares line, I'd put it at the LVP dinnerware level - not selling.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

think the intervention helped

I don’t she apparently left rehab a few weeks early to go do her show. I think the only reason she agreed to go back to rehab after that “intervention” is it got her out of going to the reunion and being asked questions about her drinking and the lawsuit about the house.

• Love 11
43 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I think the intervention helped. Sometimes people need a time out and it sounded like she needed help gathering her wits about her. It's the need to foist on her the requirement to make being 100% sober her new lifestyle that's the step in the wrong direction. She needs to heal whatever is at the root of her problems but with everyone telling her its alcohol she's always going to be wasting her energy fighting the wrong foe. I'm not surprised she's resistant to the idea but of course she has to make the attempt to convince the public that she's taking her sobriety "seriously" cause she's been deemed an alcoholic. The go to diagnosis. So bored with the laziness and simplistic take on life struggles. It's always gotta be alcohol or substance abuse. There's so much more out there that contributes to the decline of someone's stability. Like life.

She said herself that one drink is too many and 100 (or whatever) is not enough. Social drinkers don't say things like that. And she can't deal with her underlying issues if she is still self medicating. All I am going to say on the subject, and agree to disagree.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

like vultures wanting and waiting for her to break and finally be down for the count

I'm pretty sure it's safe to say she's been down for the count quite a few times.

Sorry.  No excuse for that.  😬 

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
On 6/6/2019 at 12:14 PM, kicksave said:

Oh please...this whole thing with Bethenny and Sonja is not about friendship. It's about Bethenny getting some ego trip off of Sonja's pathetic mess of a life. It's pretty transparent.

So, in other words, when she does something nice for someone, it’s for her benefit?  When she buys things for everyone because she can, it’s not from her heart?

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, lizajane said:

She said herself that one drink is too many and 100 (or whatever) is not enough. Social drinkers don't say things like that. And she can't deal with her underlying issues if she is still self medicating. All I am going to say on the subject, and agree to disagree.

I'm not buying it.  I think she is parroting the words she heard at an AA meeting to sound like she is taking it seriously.

I don't think she's an alcoholic.  I think she got blasted one night because she was miserable and drowning her pain, like Sonja just did and like Tinsley has done in her past life, and got into trouble because she was in public.  I think she likes drinking, but that does not an alcoholic make.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, film noire said:

Let’s look at the comment Bethenny made without malice.  

These bitches have said some horrid shit but I have to tell you as someone who struggled four years to conceive a child--I literally felt as if I had been slapped in the face hearing  this comment from B.  That's how bad it stung.  You don't say shit like that.  And all because she didn't get some ugly ass piece of "art".  What a piece of trash bitch she is.  She will never be happy in this life.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17