Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Caught Between an Ex and a Hard Place

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Would someone here even bother to wave at me going by as I stand alone on my rocky, barren, windswept little island and say that I harbor a molecule or two of suspicion that Sonja is putting on about 75% or more of her overacting, hysterical babbling? 

Move over so I can stand right there beside you.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
32 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

I thought B was responding to Lu, not Tinsley, when she said her daughter was her present. Coulda sworn that was Lu's baritone voice I heard...

Lu has two children including a daughter so that wouldn’t make sense. She was responding to Lu saying Tinsley got a $5k present and she didn’t even get one, it was Lu who made the comment but they were talking about Tinsley.

I thought the only piece of art that was cool or worth it was Tinsley’s gift and that’s because she wasn’t going to treat it as art and that includes the Britto sculptures.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, film noire said:

That's not what Frankel said.  She didn't leave it as a general comment about her daughter being a gift.  Instead, she targeted the one woman in the group who is not yet a mother (and who has frozen her eggs in hopes of becoming a mother) by pointing out that Tinsley is without a child: "You know what? I have a daughter. That's my present. She doesn't." 

It was a vicious thing to say, and I hope Tinsley reams her out at the reunion.

It was such a cruel, unprovoked comment. Tinsley was staying in her lane, minding her own business, gets a little gift that she will absolutely never use, and Bethenny is just so irked at not being the Queen B that she feels the need to throw out a sucker punch and take a cheap shot at someone's most vulnerable area? I hope she apologizes, but those are the kind of comments that sting and hurt.

And such mixed messages too - you have Sonja yapping a few episodes ago about why Tinsley even needs a child and who fills her head with this crap, and complaining that she's sick of hearing the sob story and just be happy hanging out with her and Ramona... and then you have Bethenny go out of her way, in a total non-sequitur, to plunge in the dagger of, "Well at least I have a child." Aka... at least I have what matters. And you don't. (But stop wanting it, don't cry, and don't be depressed about it.) 

That said, I can understand why most of the women can't relate and are tired of hearing it. They are in a total different life stage, have different experiences, and that's okay. Tinsely needs actual friends, who aren't her mother, and a really, really good therapist. But - Bethenny should know better. 

• Love 23
37 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

I thought B was responding to Lu, not Tinsley, when she said her daughter was her present. Coulda sworn that was Lu's baritone voice I heard...

Yep - presently rewatching, I don't think Tins even heard Bethenny, and I don't think BF said it as a dig. Clearly she wasn't thinking when she said it, that it could hurt Tins feelings (that is, if Tins really wants kids) when Tins watched later.

On another note - Ramona getting all twitchy when Mario was first chatting with her at their party - she behaved like a middle school girl in front of her crush. It was baffling. Then again, maybe it isn't - considering it was Ramona... LOL

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Would someone here even bother to wave at me going by as I stand alone on my rocky, barren, windswept little island and say that I harbor a molecule or two of suspicion that Sonja is putting on about 75% or more of her overacting, hysterical babbling?  What else can she do to get this kind of attention and camera time, with no storyline, no Miss Havisham house, no romantic relationship, no business?

No waves?  Okay, I'll just stand here by myself looking all Gothic and godforsaken.

In other news, Bethenny just wanted everyone to see she could drop $10 g's without blinking an eye on a sign anyone could've DIY'd with ten bucks' worth of green paint and a stencil.

And no, they shouldn't have asked for gifts from the artists for their absent friends.  You want the goody bag, you show up.

I have sent a rescue team. Will they do?

navy SEALs.jpg

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, hoosiermom said:

I am disappointed in Lu always talking about AA on the show. If she really knew anything about AA at all, she would know we have a tradition to maintain personal anonymity at the level of press, radio and films. (This includes tv) When a celebrity talks about going to AA and then goes back out drinking, it looks bad and discourages others from trying AA and that could possibly cost them their lives.

And another clear indication (aside from her general behavior and seeming lack of sponsor) that she is not practicing the steps or traditions of the program of recovery. She is going only because it is mandated, and probably to pick up men.

Edited by lizajane
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
9 hours ago, QuinnM said:

See, I think this is what everyone is trying to tell her.  I know someone used the word entitled.  It's like entitled on steroids.  They all have narcissistic characters or they wouldn't be on a reality show.  But Luanne expects everyone to defer to her needs and wishes first.  And she's not kind about it. 

I think you're really nailing it.  Even Ramona is not like this, except when it comes to getting the best room and rooming with Sonja 😉

• Love 8
(edited)

Lu fuming at her artist friend giving the other women gifts is unbelievably delicious. Bethenny giving everyone a gift, and Ramona missing out to sit in a hotel bar. I am loving this.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • LOL 4
  • Love 18
8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Paycheck?  I agree that she needs her own friends too.

I guess she could have tried Real Housewives of Chicago but on her own maybe she doesn't have that much clout.  Who lives there?  The Obamas?  Oprah?  Vince Vaughn's wife?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Can I just say that it wouldn't bother me one iota if Lu isn't 100% sober?

My version of this is I don't care one iota if Ramona asks Barbara to go clubbing with her or not.  Why does Ramona have to do that?  LOL.  What is it her business?  Doesn't Barbara know where the clubs are?  Go yourself.  Jesus. You're an adult.

4 hours ago, sashayshante said:

They all suffer from Ilooktenyearsyoungerthaniamitis. They all think they can pass for much younger than they are. I see it here in NYC all the time. This city is full of men and women who refuse to date people their own age.

I don't mind women acting like that one bit.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I don’t either...compared to the friend of Dorinda’s that was on a few episodes ago, and Ramona’s thirty or so BFFs, they all look amazing for their ages.

• Love 1
(edited)
27 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:
4 hours ago, sashayshante said:

And when men do it? People like Ramona harbor internalized issues with aging, which is why they run in crowds with people many years their junior. if I saw a 50/60 something year old man in a club, I'd roll my eyes and assume he's insecure and thinks women his age no longer have value. Ramona doesn't associate with women like Barbra because she thinks Barbra is unattractive and unsophisticated and lowers her social value. That would be understandable if Ramona was wealthy and well-connected. For Manhattan, especially the UES, Ramona is average looking.

Edited by sashayshante
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 hours ago, kicksave said:

But is she really? Because it seems to me that she uses her moments of "generosity" as leverage when she's being criticized or she perceives herself as being "attacked".

What was Bethenny deflecting from on last night's episode? It's been a mild year for her, she hadn't had her major breakdown yet.

Edited by ShawnaLanne
  • Love 4
29 minutes ago, sashayshante said:

And when men do it? People like Ramona harbor internalized issues with aging, which is why they run in crowds with people many years their junior. if I saw a 50/60 something year old man in a club, I'd roll my eyes and assume he's insecure and thinks women his age no longer have value. Ramona doesn't associate with women like Barbra because she thinks Barbra is unattractive and unsophisticated and lowers her social value. That would be understandable if Ramona was wealthy and well-connected. For Manhattan, especially the UES, Ramona is average looking.

I relate much more to being unhappy and insecure about aging than being super happy and gung ho around it.  And for a woman in her 60s, I do not find Ramona average looking.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Yep - presently rewatching, I don't think Tins even heard Bethenny, and I don't think BF said it as a dig. Clearly she wasn't thinking when she said it, that it could hurt Tins feelings (that is, if Tins really wants kids) when Tins watched later.

On another note - Ramona getting all twitchy when Mario was first chatting with her at their party - she behaved like a middle school girl in front of her crush. It was baffling. Then again, maybe it isn't - considering it was Ramona... LOL

That comment from Bethenny was so quick that I don’t even think she meant it as a dig to Tinsley and I watched it 3 times.  I doubt that she would be that vicious to Tinsley, really.  For what reason?

• Love 9
44 minutes ago, ShawnaLanne said:

What was Bethenny deflecting from on last night's episode? It's been a mild year for her, she hadn't had her major breakdown yet.

One is coming next week.  Hold on to your hat.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, biakbiak said:
3 hours ago, QQQQ said:

Lu has two children including a daughter so that wouldn’t make sense. She was responding to Lu saying Tinsley got a $5k present and she didn’t even get one, it was Lu who made the comment but they were talking about Tinsley.

But since Lu does have a daughter, I think that's even more proof it wasnt meant as a dig in the manner so many are taking it. I think B was trying to say to Lu, I don't care about getting freebies, I know what's truly important. If anything, I thought Lu was trying to get a rise out of B.

Edited by QQQQ
  • Love 8

Regarding Tinsley.  She already knows of marriage when she was married to Topper.  Maybe she could have had a child then, maybe not.  I don’t know her reason.  Why did she not meet and have a conversation with the guy Bethenny wanted her to meet?  Would it have hurt to have a few words with him.  That was her chance.  She ran away like she was scared like hell, and for what reason?  My point is, she wants Scott and nobody else.  She probably could get plenty of men, but doesn’t want to.  It’s not like she can’t find anyone.  She is LOVE SICK.  For Scott.

• Useful 1
12 minutes ago, QQQQ said:

But since Lu does have a daughter, I think that's even more proof it wasnt meant as a dig in the manner so many are taking it. I think B was trying to say to Lu, I don't care about getting freebies, I know what's truly important. If anything, I thought Lu was trying to get a rise out of B.

Lu was talking about Tinsley when she Made her comment. When B responded to Lu she responded not with you but “she doesn’t have one,” she is absolutely referring to Tinsley.

• Love 9

Tinsley isn’t hung up on that cream-cheese King of Coupon Cabin IMO.   She’s having an internal reckoning of where she’s at versus where she thinks she should be, where a woman with her childhood and education and “rearing” should be.  

It’s painful and I feel actual sympathy for her.   I think there’s a lot of good in her, and I hope Tinsley gets to know, accept, and love herself, doughy manipulative boyfriends and bitch-assed “friends” notwithstanding.

• Love 21

Oh God!  Looks like we have to bare witness to another of Bethenny's blubbering fits next week.  I just don't get uber rich people.  They seem like the most f'ed up people on the planet.  

On 6/5/2019 at 9:42 PM, Thumper said:

Sonja throws Ramona under the bus, telling Mario that Ramona invited another man.  Classy, Sonja.  Is Sonja looking to get it on with Mario????

I seriously don't think Sonja would be that disloyal to Ramona.  I do however think that Ramona would be that disloyal to Sonja, and in fact has been.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, amypdx said:

I bet Sonja’s Swarovski crystal heart sculpture from Bethenny was up  on eBay the next day! 

When I was watching the episode I was thinking I would do the same thing!  😂

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Oh good grief.

They are awful women and attack each other constantly - and scream or fall down doing so.

IMO - this season has not been fun, but only watched about a third of them.

Would love to know what I have wrong.

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, politichick said:

They may not be BFFs but I think that Bethenny genuinely cares for Sonja and does not want to see her fail. She also kind of mentored her with the clothing line, which got a nice review from Elle earlier this year and the shoe line.

Who says Bravo did all of that work for Luann? I think she knew the producer and worked with him on her own and he helped her get the other performers.

I also suspect that Tinsley doesn't really want a baby and Bethenny agrees with us. It was unkind but maybe her way of trying to get her to give birth or get off the pot.

Really? A snarky mean spirited dig at a childless woman was “her way of trying to get her to give birth or get off the pot”???  Wow...just wow.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 4:00 AM, snarts said:

Luann has been there for Sonja many times, especially when the larger group (led by Bethenny) completely shunned her.

Like when Bethenny had a tantrum about Sonja's "Tipsy Girl" venture and Dorinda disinvited Sonja to the Berkshires and Luann, who was staying with Sonja at the time, went to the Berkshires without her?

Or when Luann got with Tom and gave not a single damn that Sonja might have some feelings about that, considering her own fling with Tom?

Or when Luann went home with Harry while Sonja was still hung up on him?

Luann once pulled Sonja's dress down when she was drunkenly flashing the camera, I'll give her that, but I'm blanking on other examples of Lu being there for Sonja (not saying it didn't happen, just saying that all the past seasons kind of blend together after a while and many of the finer details escape me).

Edited by Steph J
  • Love 7
On 6/5/2019 at 9:30 PM, hoodooznoodooz said:

And you didn’t get a present.

You know what. I have a daughter. That’s my present. She doesn’t.

————-

Nice.

One of the nastiest barbs I've ever heard from a Ho. If that doesn't tell you everything you need to know right there. 

• Love 14
(edited)

Bethanny's comment was mean, but when I heard it, it didn't surprise me. Luanne didn't get a free gift. Bethanny started high with purchasing something stupid for a ridiculous amount. I guess the guy decided to throw in some freebies since he just made 10 grand like that. My thought was that Bethanny was embarrassed that she spent money on something and everyone else got the same junk for free. It's like going to a bar with a girlfriend and buying a guy a drink (I'd never do this, totally an analogy of sorts), who then goes on to buy your girlfriends drinks and not yours. She was pretty pissed-- when they were  walking, she was like, "I just spent 10 grand and you got 5 grand?" and Luanne said, "It's was a present." That's when Bethanny made her comment that DEFINITELY seemed edited ii some way. Also, on rewatch, it didn't seem like Luanne or Bethanny had that exchange at that time or even in response to one another. It seemed edited in from a different time. Who knows though. 

This is Tinsley's face when she realizes she is getting that can thing:

image.png.54e2c32145147665d82b548d40438d37.png

Edited by bravofan27
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Luanne didn't get a free gift.

She did but she had to guilt the guy into doing it. 

I don’t think the Lu/B convo was edited because it easily flows it’s just that we see it all from behind because they are busy walking across the street.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She did but she had to guilt the guy into doing it. 

I don’t think the Lu/B convo was edited because it easily flows it’s just that we see it all from behind because they are busy walking across the street.

Humm... Luanne looked really far away from her for Bethanny to hear her comment. Who knows. 

12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Lu, if this is so hard for your sobriety maybe you should take a year off. Being sober is her job, no one else's. Lu and her persecution complex is pretty pathetic.

It's a job she doesn't want. I think it's more damaging for a person to hide their drinking. I hope once she isn't required to be sober legally she does whatever the hell she wants and says she doesn't believe abstinence is necessary but that she just needs to be more aware of her drinking in the future. We all know that's truly how she feels so this whole charade just makes her look worse. 

That's why I hate that alcoholic label cause once someone slaps it on you then the scrutiny begins, the doubt, the questioning and a drink will be the most scandalous thing ever. Lu will be a constant target cause all eyes will be on her waiting for the moment she can be outed drinking. Fuck that. I would just say I'm going to work on not drinking excessively and be mindful of why I'm going for a drink. That's the plan I'm putting myself on.

This way she doesn't have to live her life panicked about being caught with a drink, or have to deny herself the social lifestyle she's grown accustomed to. I think that would be more damaging and this need to force AA on Lu really bugs me. Like I said I hope she drops the whole facade after it's no longer required by law and if that's not the case I hope she decides to embrace sobriety full fledged cause this in between crap is causing her more problems. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, ShawnaLanne said:

Lu fuming at her artist friend giving the other women gifts is unbelievably delicious. Bethenny giving everyone a gift, and Ramona missing out to sit in a hotel bar. I am loving this.

Was she fuming? It looked like a quick pout and sad eyes to me. 

Let’s look at the comment Bethenny made without malice.  Is what she said true or not?  Tinsley does not have a child.  True.  If it were Ramona or Sonja who said it, everyone would just take it from where it came, but because Bethenny said it, it’s a whole big deal of course.  Bethenny just cannot win in any seniario.  She’s always the bad guy.  The rest get off the hook for one reason or another.  Personally, I don’t think Tinsley wants a child.  She just wants a Man. IMO.

• Love 13

If Beth had waited and not immediately have to have that stupid stop sign seconds before her foot even touched the floor inside the room, he may have offered her a present too. Then she wouldn't have to bitch about dropping 10k while others were gifted 5k. But, no, she had to come steam rolling into the room wanting things. I've never been to an artist's studio before, is this normal?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

If Beth had waited and not immediately have to have that stupid stop sign seconds before her foot even touched the floor inside the room, he may have offered her a present too. Then she wouldn't have to bitch about dropping 10k while others were gifted 5k. But, no, she had to come steam rolling into the room wanting things. I've never been to an artist's studio before, is this normal?

I am sure that the artist has now given all kinds of little items to Bethenny.  He has a paying customer here.  He's not stupid.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Would someone here even bother to wave at me going by as I stand alone on my rocky, barren, windswept little island and say that I harbor a molecule or two of suspicion that Sonja is putting on about 75% or more of her overacting, hysterical babbling?  What else can she do to get this kind of attention and camera time, with no storyline, no Miss Havisham house, no romantic relationship, no business?

No waves?  Okay, I'll just stand here by myself looking all Gothic and godforsaken.

In other news, Bethenny just wanted everyone to see she could drop $10 g's without blinking an eye on a sign anyone could've DIY'd with ten bucks' worth of green paint and a stencil.

And no, they shouldn't have asked for gifts from the artists for their absent friends.  You want the goody bag, you show up.

I'm waving @Mondrianyone! Sonja reminds me of those stupid girls in high school who would get "drunk" as an excuse to behave like an asshole. I mean really, SonJa was going to take a piss in the tub? And announced that to everyone? WTF?   

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

I am sure that the artist has now given all kinds of little items to Bethenny.  He has a paying customer here.  He's not stupid.

Who cares for that junk anyhow?  It all looked hideous.  Like they really liked it.  I don’t care how much it cost or who the guy was. Lol.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

image.thumb.png.f8b8b8772cad0b8cd9e9e40cee3042ba.png

If she had not tacked on the last two words, it would have been a sweet sentiment. 

It doesn't matter whether or not Tinsley heard, or if it would bother her. It was a nasty comment, but not surprising. 

• Love 16
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Let’s look at the comment Bethenny made without malice.  Is what she said true or not?  Tinsley does not have a child.  True.  If it were Ramona or Sonja who said it, everyone would just take it from where it came, but because Bethenny said it, it’s a whole big deal of course.  Bethenny just cannot win in any seniario.  She’s always the bad guy.  The rest get off the hook for one reason or another.  Personally, I don’t think Tinsley wants a child.  She just wants a Man. IMO.

Her reputation proceeds her.  If she is being maligned for something unintentional, it's because of her past very biting comments that make one suspect the worst.  And it was a totally unnecessary comment anyway, so I suspect it was the worst.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 16
14 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

I think it’s interesting that the editors provided subtitles, which indicates that they wanted viewers to know what Frankel said. 

Tinsley had a very emotional reaction to seeing the image of her frozen eggs. This suggests to me that she would like to be a mother. 

• Love 14