Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E14: Caught Between an Ex and a Hard Place

• Start Topic

(edited)
25 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I got the feeling that Bethenny was just repeating what she may have done at times with her mother.  

I'm not always a huge fan of Bethenny's, but in that moment, I really liked and respected her and the way she handled Sonja.  She knew just what to do, and did not seem frazzled or pissed off at all.  

SHE CAUSED HER TO FALL! It's Bethanny's fault. She was standing over her commanding that she go to bed. Not only that, but she was saying she would hit her or something like that. Egging on some type of physical fight. When she tried to get up, Sonja fell. Of COURSE Bethanny was there for Sonja. She was probably scared shitless that she would be in trouble.  My guess is she will lay off Sonja for a LONGGGG time. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
(edited)

I really enjoyed this episode overall. Bethenny is a true friend, making sure Sonja didn't have an actual concussion and seeing her through until the paramedics deemed it was okay for her to go to sleep. Scorpios are the loyalest friends you'll ever have--I should know. Just don't ever betray them. (Ramona's a Scorpio too, but I guess going out with Tinsley for drinks rather than to stay back with the rest of the gang says more about the nature of her "friendship" with Sonja than anything else).

Luann was an insufferable narcissist as usual, with her lazy Susan of excuses at why she didn't check in on Sonja after Barbara gave her the 411. Cannot wait for her to be taken down a few pegs.

The relationship between Tinsley and Dabney warmed my heart. Dabney really cares for her older sister and has her back. So good to see, especially after the very questionable parenting Dale demonstrated earlier this season. 

Which guy (or guys) do you think Luann brought back to her room for the afterparty? 😉

Edited by Rahul
  • LOL 1
  • Love 22
19 minutes ago, Kdawg82 said:

Do some of you really think the women are jealous of LuAnn? I mean.... ???

Cabaret is kind of random. & These women are all kind of successful in their own rite except Sonja, really. Dorinda isn't successful in business but she's well off with assets. 

Yes, I do. She's beautiful, on tour that allows her travel the country and make money,  and maintaining her calm coolness. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

She has to now take medication that has a lot of side effects and causes you to be violently ill because she actually hasn’t been maintaining her calm coolness or the requirements of her probabtion.

Struggle is a part of the human condition. We all have ups and downs. It's part of being human. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I think being in that mansion brought Luann back to what used to be her natural element: yoga instructor, chefs and house staff tending to her every need.  I think that combined with her grandiose delusions of being a cabaret queen (without a great singing voice), booking shows across the country is what's making her act like she's holier than thou especially on this trip.

I do agree with her that Sonja has a drinking problem with Dorinda a close second.  To act up like that when you know that cameras are running and your daughter will more than likely see the show would be two big reasons not to be beyond a sloppy, falling drunk making out with literally everybody. 

Haven't been the biggest Bethenny fan as of late but kudos to her for looking out for her friend.

Edited by Jets4274
  • Love 11

I think it would have helped Tinsley immensely if she wasn't somewhat wasted at the party.  All of the men appeared pretty sober, including the one Bethenny tried to introduce her to.  Lesson to self on what not to do...again:).  Thinking of how her relationship began with Scott, being shitfaced and making out with him makes me think that she doesn't see anything wrong with that type of behavior.

• Love 9
(edited)

I don't think that the women are jealous of Lu's success in the sense that they want to have their own show. (Well, except for Sonja, maybe). But I do think Beth and Dorinda would prefer it if Lu fell flat on her face. I don't think she is wrong about that.

The thing is, I think that they have some legitimate gripes with Luanne. She loves playing the Queen Bee. If I were Beth, I probably would be annoyed if Lu made comments behind my back about wanting to be with my child instead of her performance. Sonja is right, if Lu is concerned about her sobriety, she should bring it up to Sonja.

But they can't bring this up in a normal fashion; everything has to go to 11. And they do keep attacking Lu in a pile on. So while I think that they have some legitimate grievances with her, I find myself sympathetic to Lu because they can be so over-the-top nasty in addressing her. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Love 20
8 hours ago, nexxie said:

Wonder where Dale got the names Tinsley and Dabney.

Maybe she's a big Dabney Coleman (9 to 5, War Games, Towering Inferno) fan. And, really, who isn't?

1999.jpg

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don't get the Luann hate.  To me she's no different than any of these other women.  All of them are narcissistic.  All of them are ME ME ME.  So they need to STFU about Luann.  

I love how everybody's like "Luann's awful, she's narcissistic.  BUT SO ARE ALL OF THEM.

Same,.  She's definitely feeling herself but so what?  It's not like the she's doing anything to the other women to incite such vitriol, Ramona is dismissive and insults people to their face yet people laugh her off.  Luann is generally pleasant but talks about her cabaret show too much and it's cool to berate her, calling her an asshole, a slut, and judging her sobriety?  

9 hours ago, Steph J said:

Hey, Luanne?  I get that you feel that they aren't supporting you/building you up, but ask yourself this: can they ever count on you to support them/build them up when they need it?  You get what you give.

Luann has been there for Sonja many times, especially when the larger group (led by Bethenny) completely shunned her.  It was obvious to me that they have a real friendship and that Luann was genuinely concerned for her.  It appears that Sonja took that discussion to heart by at least trying to not to drink as the party started,

• Love 13

What happened to Mario's side peice? You know, the one Ramona caught him with at her Hampton's house? Weren't they living together in Palm Beach at one point? 

I never saw any sexual chemistry between Ramona and Mario. He had been cheating on her for years. 

Move on, Tins. Times a tickin'. 

• Love 14

It was eerie how much Dabney resembles Dale.  Physically though.  She gives Tins the emotional support she lacks from her mom.

I love The RaNoodle.  Puttering around in the pool, happy as a clam, not a care in the world.

Dorinda does look beautiful with no makeup.  Yet here is Tinsley once again waking up with a full face on.  If I do that I end up with pimples (or even blackheads)  Maybe Tins has a giant face tattoo like Mike Tyson that she wants covered up?

Sonja cracked me up when asked who the president is: "Clinton? No that fcking Trump guy!"  Skipping 16 years and two other presidents, but ok Drunk Sonja.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

Sonja cracked me up when asked who the president is: "Clinton? No that fcking Trump guy!"  Skipping 16 years and two other presidents, but ok Drunk Sonja.

I think she was referring to Hillary, not Bill.

• Useful 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6

Dabney is not married but has a boyfriend. Tinsley was upset in one episode that Dale made him a Christmas stocking and not Scott. Not sure if he’s the reason Dabney doesn’t have to work. I don’t really believe Tinsley or Dabney have that much of a trust fund since their father supposedly drunkenly spent a lot before he passed and Dale had to intervene.

Mario’s girlfriend dumped him and maybe that’s why he’s hanging out with Ramona so much lately.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Being of small mind and sound body .... did Dorinda give a quickbutclose inspection of Lu’s red outfit?  Was it a Jovani?  

Expect stormy weather ahead regarding Lu/Dorinda and Lu’s clothes.  There will be a Slurinda session in great detail about this. Not sure we will be able to understand it but the subtitles will fill us in. 

• LOL 8
(edited)

None of these women are happy for each other's success. They are competitive, and it's their MO to undermine each other.  In the case of Lu, I think they've resented her pretentious ways for years, and now with the alcoholism and arrest, there's a crack in Lu's armor. They're swarming over her like ants on a carcass.

ETA: I think Lu was hanging on the edge, trying not to drink, and that was the real source of her irritation and flouncing off to bed. She was really struggling, whereas normally she deflects an avalanche of barbs.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 17

This house party reminded me of the Midnight Madness one on the Golden Girls. It was a step away from being “brothel like”. 

When Sonja said the president was Clinton, I knew my girl wasn’t concussed...she was joking and referring to Hillary.  Too funny. And dang, can she bounce back or what?  

• Love 14
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

What happened to Mario's side peice? You know, the one Ramona caught him with at her Hampton's house? Weren't they living together in Palm Beach at one point? 

I never saw any sexual chemistry between Ramona and Mario. He had been cheating on her for years. 

Move on, Tins. Times a tickin'. 

Didn't Mario get his girlfriend pregnant and then she had an abortion? He has the religious jewelry company and his girlfriend had an abortion. Interesting, if true. I don't think they are together anymore.

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

So Ramona maybe a mediocre flirt, but she did have two men hanging around her at the “party.” I don’t see the exes of any of these heifers come calling to pass any kind of time with them. 

While Dorinda was critiquing Ramona’s lack of game, she came off as just wee bit jealous. John might be a nice guy, but he’s hardly a catch. And Dorinda knows this. It why she won’t let him move in, and why she is an angry, mean drunk.

He doesn't come across as a nice guy, he comes across as a sleaze. I wonder how much that relationship contributes to her anger. I totally get looks are not important, Jackie Kennedy's last companion was certainly no JFK in the looks department, but  by all reports, she spent her final years in contentment with him. I wish Dorinda could find that or, here is a novel idea, you do not NEED a man in your life.

Edited by chlban
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

OAnd you didn’t get a present.

You know what. I have a daughter. That’s my present. She doesn’t.

Nice.

THIS^^^^^^^

Bethenny may be the self appointed caretaker of all the little wounded (aka-drunk off their asses) birdies, but that comment was cruel and intentionally meant to exalt B over Tinsley, because B has a child.  That was a swift, deep cut  (even if Tinsley didn’t hear it or react to it).  

Luann has officially lost her ties to reality. She is “singing” in clubs right now, but that won’t last forever.  After her “fans” and the oddly curious people have seen her show once, then what? I can’t imagine there are people paying multiple times to see the same 6 Jovani dresses and the same lame RHONY inside “jokes”, or tolerate her voice beyond her 60-90 min set.  She acts as if she is at the same iconic level as Barbara Streisand or Celine Dion.  She hasn’t been around long enough. She is not talented enough,  or rich enough or beloved enough to merit the adoration, the kowtowing or cult following she has deluded herself into believing she has earned. 

WTF was that “party”??  Is there an app for trolling rich, single men in the Miami?  Did Romona send out a mass tweet or blanket the bars with flyers to get those “guests” to the house?  Just seems so random...aside from Mario and rum guy, did any of the women know any of the other guests???  And I am shocked that Tinsley was able to get her sister into Romona’s sausage party.  One extra (and significantly younger) vagina in the room could have off set Ramona’s, Sonja’s and Lu’s ability to hook up with their next Mr. Right Now.

• Love 18
8 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

And you didn’t get a present.

You know what. I have a daughter. That’s my present. She doesn’t.

————-

Nice.

That comment was very reminiscent of Luann and Carole's discussion a few season ago, where Luann said something very similar to Carole about not having children.  It was kind of cold and hurtful.  And, this is why I go back and forth on liking/not liking Bethenny.  Well, I go back and forth liking/not liking most of these ladies, I guess.  

• Love 20
5 hours ago, ivygirl said:

I think this is the most “real” of the real housewives shows

I don't watch them all, but I have to agree with you.  We see these women early morning waking up with eyelashes still glued on and mascara smeared.  Their hair isn't complicated and extended and they actually seem to eat, we even see food in their mouths and around their mouths.  

The odd one out is Barbara.  Seems a nice lady and probably the one I would gravitate towards if I was invited to that 'awkward' party. But why is she there?  The others are all loud and arm flapping with egos full on display (except maybe Tins). Barbara just smiles and walks away.

54 minutes ago, janiema said:

Sonja showed up at Lu’s rehearsal and derailed the action. She was manic. I thought she was on pills too.

I would tend to agree.  She sure bounces back quickly from being falling down drunk..  I've only been that drunk a couple of times and next morning you're dehydrated and not wanting breakfast. But Sonja seemed fine.  Maybe pills have no hangover  effect- I don't know?

I still prefer the NY ladies to all the other Real Housewives.  They can be entertaining and I do believe they forget the cameras, whereas some of the other RH shows the ladies are strutting and pretending they're something they're not (like nice).

• Love 19
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I got the feeling that Bethenny was just repeating what she may have done at times with her mother.  

I totally agree. I think she just shifts into autopilot take-care-of-the-drunk mode.  That’s what she did with Lu’s intervention, too.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
19 minutes ago, BusyOctober said:

THIS^^^^^^^

Bethenny may be the self appointed caretaker of all the little wounded (aka-drunk off their asses) birdies, but that comment was cruel and intentionally meant to exalt B over Tinsley, because B has a child.  That was a swift, deep cut  (even if Tinsley didn’t hear it or react to it).  

Luann has officially lost her ties to reality. She is “singing” in clubs right now, but that won’t last forever.  After her “fans” and the oddly curious people have seen her show once, then what? I can’t imagine there are people paying multiple times to see the same 6 Jovani dresses and the same lame RHONY inside “jokes”, or tolerate her voice beyond her 60-90 min set.  She acts as if she is at the same iconic level as Barbara Streisand or Celine Dion.  She hasn’t been around long enough. She is not talented enough,  or rich enough or beloved enough to merit the adoration, the kowtowing or cult following she has deluded herself into believing she has earned. 

WTF was that “party”??  Is there an app for trolling rich, single men in the Miami?  Did Romona send out a mass tweet or blanket the bars with flyers to get those “guests” to the house?  Just seems so random...aside from Mario and rum guy, did any of the women know any of the other guests???  And I am shocked that Tinsley was able to get her sister into Romona’s sausage party.  One extra (and significantly younger) vagina in the room could have off set Ramona’s, Sonja’s and Lu’s ability to hook up with their next Mr. Right Now.

Well said.

Also, production is known to drum up guests for some of the events on these shows...always interesting choices.

Why does Sonja keep referring to Mario as Ro's husband, he is an ex if ever there was one, Ro has the houses to prove it!

• Love 7
12 hours ago, bosawks said:

Argghh, I now can’t unhear Lu as Faye Dunaway as Joan Crawford.

I’ll give it to Beth that was spot on.

Yes! I'm not a Beth fan anymore, but that and "NO MORE SKINNY GIRL COFFEE" Lu impression was hilarious.

• Love 13
8 hours ago, divsc said:

Scott made the whole dynamic even worse by staying just enough in her life to give her hope and be that emotional and social status crutch of having a boyfriend- but then over and over held back on moving forward with her. She told Bethenny it was torture and I don't doubt that.

I agree with most of your comments although how much confidence could you possibly have in the longevity of a relationship when neither one of them were willing to move?  During one episode, she mentioned her "brand" is in NY, so she wasn't willing to move.  Someone has to make that compromise or how can you have a serious, lasting, child-producing relationship if you live thousands of miles away from each other?  If she put all this faith into that relationship, then she's really stupid.

• Love 3

Not for anything, but Ramona and Mario have a fantastic relationship after the divorce.  Unbelievable that Ramona seems no bitter that he left her for another.  Bethenny was listening intently when talking to Mario about it.  She should take a lesson.  It would be better for all around.

• Love 10

OMG. finally caught up on 3 pages on this thread!  Well, last night was a hot mess for sure.  But, thanks to Sonja, and she is insufferable at times, I know, but, at other times, she cracks me up.  Last night, I actually cackled several times aloud.  One was when EMS is examining Sonja.  She has the presence of mind to inform them of her medical history by saying, "I'm allergic to DUST MITES!"  OMG, she's so funny.  

Another funny is how the ladies just walk past the ambulance and stretcher on their way to the bar!  No mind a friend is being attended to inside their villa.  lol 

And, when Sonja was giving reasons that she didn't need to attend AA, she says that she had discussed it with her doctor and CHECKED OFF ALL THE BOXES,  so she knows she's not an alcoholic. Well, I think when you check off all the boxes, you DO NEED to go.  It's when you don't check the boxes that you are okay. lol Oh, Sonja. 

And, then I see Lu leaving the villa for her meeting in what appears to be a waitress uniform.  Reminded me of the show Alice. 

I could actually feel that nice pool water on my skin.  Man, I need a vacation!

• Love 11
(edited)

Sonja throwing that whole eel down her throat in one shot and practically choking was ridiculous.  She probably eats nothing at home, then gorges when they film and go out.  She’s the type to stuff food in her pocketbook and take it home for the next few days.

Tinsley has to stop crying.  Does she just want a guy wrapped up in a bow to land at her door?  She has to get out there and be charming,           not a scardy cat.  Why in hell didn’t she go over to that guy who Beth wanted her to meet?  He looked nice.  Instead, she walked away giggling like a little girl with her sister and missed her chance.  Now I don’t feel bad for her.  She is her own worst enemy.  Stop crying like a little girl.  You had your chance numnuts and you blew it.

Edited by Gem 10
  • Love 9