Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E13: One Elle of a Day

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

Maybe I'm getting prudish in my old age but I keep thinking that Alicia Silverstone was supposed to be in high school when she wore that white dress.  Seeing it on a grown woman (especially with that styling) seemed, to me, to almost be bordering on fetish wear.  I didn't get that same vibe from the other pieces so maybe it's just me?  I don't know how old her model was, but something with the whole look seemed really off to me.

Completely agree about the fetish wear. Especially with the two barrette hairstyle--it looked like a 5 year old in a woman's body. Not cool. (And honestly, not flattering. Cher from Clueless pulled it off; the model, not so much.)

But that does seem to be Hester's deal. Her whole personal style is sort of fetishy. And let me say, she looks infinitely more like an adult and not a cartoon when she wears her hair down as she did for the runway show. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, millennium said:

Christian was grossly unfair to Hester.

Christian advised her to change the color, steered her fabric choice, warned her against sending the white outfit down the runway, kept prodding her when she resisted changing it, showed her how to hide the blood stain by moving the bow, used the accident as an opportunity to persuade her to keep swapping out white pieces for red until at last the outfit was as red as he first suggested ... but he didn't have the decency to actually sit down at the sewing machine and make the outfit for her.

How rude.

I really was wondering where your comment was going on this one   LOL.    The last sentence said it all

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

No, I don't believe she said she was outright doing Clueless. What I heard is that she was doing things that no one had ever seen before, which is why I am being so hard on the obvious derivative nature of what we've seen before. There is nothing original there. 

It really is nice to have Tessa gone. She was such a Debbie Downer. I might not light Hester, but I find her more amusing than anything because of her oversize opinion of herself and her talent. She really doesn't bag on anyone else, and I appreciate that. None of the final four tore down others to make themselves feel better. That was all Tessa, and I'm so glad she's gone. 

Hey! As a "Debbie" I resent being compared to Tessa. How about Tessa terribe?  Half jk.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

All this talk about Clueless makes me think of when Christian was a guest judge in season 13 and referenced it when critiquing Kini and Amanda's mini collection that included the soccer ball dress.  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, Marmiarmo said:

I don’t know the exact rules, but I do recall other designers contracting out certain things.  The reason Kara’s shoes (I think)were not allowed is that her friend gave her the shoes at a huge discount and that was unfair.  I think the idea is that if Sebastian paid his dad a fair market value for the work, it’s allowed.

That is how I remembered the rules also.   It was also, I believe, if you used more money than you were given to pay for the special items, the judges had to be informed you overspent.  I think Jeffrey was running around trying to get an invoice from his supplier.  I know Kara San dropped the shoes, I don't remember the end result of Jeffrey's.  He might have replaced the garment with something else.   I liked a few of his things, but his attitude left a lot to be desired.

• Love 3

Jeffrey had to forego identical wigs for all his models.

1 minute ago, oceanview said:

That is how I remembered the rules also.   It was also, I believe, if you used more money than you were given to pay for the special items, the judges had to be informed you overspent.  I think Jeffrey was running around trying to get an invoice from his supplier.  I know Kara San dropped the shoes, I don't remember the end result of Jeffrey's.  He might have replaced the garment with something else.   I liked a few of his things, but his attitude left a lot to be desired.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, chitowngirl said:

Jeffrey had to forego identical wigs for all his models.

That's right,   that entirely slipped my mind.   The best thing I  really remember of Jeffrey is how much I loved the yellow couture dress with the red stripes (small ones), the fabric was to die for and he did a beautiful job.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

Very happy with final three, I think they have all earned their spots in the finale.

I'm very impressed with what we've seen of both Hester and Sebastian's collections. I loved the cherub print Hester made, and the poufy top and skirt (or was it a dress?) they showed a couple of times on camera. Sebastion's orange look was great, especially the jacket. His belts are beautiful. Garo has his work cut out for him. I did like the sparkly dress, but his other two looks were rough.

Christian's just been a delight all season. I wouldn't have minded seeing a bit more of the visits, they were great. 

Cant wait to see the final collections!

I agree about Christian

• Love 5
7 hours ago, meep.meep said:

Bishme broke my heart too.

Christian did not live in a converted closet on his season.  He lived with his boyfriend who wrote the music for his runway show and apparently didn't want to be mentioned on the show.  Hence the little sham about Christian literally being in the closet.

Something must be wrong with me because I actually liked some of Hester's stuff.

I did not think he "lived" in the closet, although he did say specifically that he threw something on the floor to sleep on from time to time....probably when he was too exhausted to both going to a bedroom.     I thought of  it as only his sewing and creating area.  Living in a tiny apartment myself, I can understand how hard it is to not mess up the entire household to design, much less sew 

• Love 3

How old is Hester?  Clueless came out in 1995...so 24 years ago.  Just trying to figure out how old she was at that time.  Its possible that she saw the movie when she was young and it somehow imprinted into her brain and affects how she designs now.  Maybe the movie made a big impression on her, but she isn't conscious of that influence. 

Is it really possible to do something that no one has ever done before at this point, in fashion?  

• Love 3
(edited)

I'm going to miss Bishme because he brought passion to his designs.  He believes in the transformative power of fashion.  When he was talking about abandoned buildings, I was thinking 'this kid is a poet'.  Bishme understands that a girl who doesn't have much money or value in society can put on an outfit and be transformed.  A lot of people look down on Bishme because he's 'self-taught'.  But can a school of design teach Bishme's passion for design?  How many design schools has Hester been to and she still can't come up with a single original idea?

Jamal had a little of what Bishme has but he was more interested in how fashion can transform HIM.  And Hester is ALL ABOUT HESTER.

Sebastian is incredibly talented but I don't feel passion in his clothes.  I get the feeling that his clothes are meant to be seen but I don't know if they're made to be worn.    Has anybody thought that the 'air filter' dress would be perfect to wear for a night out?  I don't know if Sebastian thinks about the women who would wear his clothes.  And I can't remember, but has Sebastian ever dressed one of the larger girls?  Maybe that's why he found himself in the middle of the pack so often, even though his clothes were often technically superior.

I like the idea that Garo wants the women who wear his clothes to look beautiful, no matter what their size.  But Garo is caught up in his club-kid days so most of his stuff looks dated.

I really hope that Dapper Dan takes Bishme under his wing.  Bishme understands that 'streetwear' isn't just clothes you wear on the street.  Popular artists hire people to find out what certain communities are wearing (people of colour, gay) so they can copy it and then become 'trendsetters'.  David Bowie did it.  Gucci understands it too, that why they brought Dapper Dan in.

Hester designs for the girls at the mall.  I really don't understand how someone like Nina Garcia is so willing to compromise what she knows to be true to support someone like Hester.  There must be some compromising pictures somewhere.  The woman from Bergdorfs wasn't fooled for a second.

I think Bishme's passion and energy is going to be missed next week.

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I loved the home visits--and I kind of liked making it shorter (we didn't see a dinner with each designer like we would with Tim). Christian's reactions were so funny especially when he showed up at Garo's place. I could watch a whole series just with Christian traveling around and giving running commentary. Maybe they could rehash that show that had Austin Scarlet and Santino traveling around and making clothes for people. It was a fun little show. They actually did an episode in my home town and made a pageant dress for the local Miss pageant. My mom told me Santino asked to address the audience and was just super nice--that part was not shown in the show. I digress.

That show with Santino and Austin Scarlett had some of the best hours on TV ever! So sweet and funny and at the same time their designs were so skillful. I would LOVE to see Christian traveling around the country designing for real women.

• Love 12
(edited)
11 hours ago, millennium said:

Hester's place looked like the Archie McPhee showroom.

A nice place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there!

3221650E-3C9C-4C4D-BB82-E3073DBB03A3.jpeg

Edited by kirklandia
  • LOL 4

agree about them being ok with Bishme leaving, but not your reasons as to why. I think they could tell he was done. He had too much personal drama/stress and wasn’t able to complete his looks. He just wasn’t “there” anymore. 

I agree.  I just think he just has been pampered his whole life... heck, Julia Louis-Dreyfuss ACCEPTED AN EMMY ON THE DAY HER FATHER DIED.  And he never said WHEN the "relative" died ... it could have been 4 months earlier as far as we know.  

I understand the concern about his sister ... but colon cancer treatments take MONTHS.  And she wouldn't have felt any effects for a week or two if she was going into her first treatment.  Hopefully, the oncologist or social worker would have explained how the treatments would go.  And I guarantee that she would feel AWFUL if she felt she was the reason he lost PR.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lovinbob said:

Completely agree about the fetish wear. Especially with the two barrette hairstyle--it looked like a 5 year old in a woman's body. Not cool. (And honestly, not flattering. Cher from Clueless pulled it off; the model, not so much.)

But that does seem to be Hester's deal. Her whole personal style is sort of fetishy. And let me say, she looks infinitely more like an adult and not a cartoon when she wears her hair down as she did for the runway show. 

Hester's not an unattractive woman.  Who knows why she retreats behind all that childish clutter.  It's like a Crayola-color suit of armor.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
13 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Loved that the guest judge (from the CFDA??) saiCd Sebastian's designs were ready for Fashion Week.  However, since the FDA is giving a mentorship, not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing.  On one hand, they may think he doesn't need the help.  On the other, they may like the idea of working with someone who has the potential to be very successful.

The whole vast difference in skill level between Sebastian and both Bishme and Hester made me think about the mentorship, too. 9before we said good-bye, sniff, to Bishme.) These latter two would need a mentorship around design and construction, themselves, before even getting into the business side of selling. I'm reeealy side-eyeing the idea that Hester is ready for much of anything, given that she's freaked out before about doing one custom piece for a client.

Sebastian, OTOH, seems perfectly teed-up to be connected with a business and marketing mentor. He does not need a design or sewing teacher. A marketing person can come up with the frikkin' "story of who Sebastian's girl is." (I personally hope she's an iron-worker who dances in a seedy club by night and dreams of being a ballerina. And then he can use the score from Flashdance for his runway show.)

Garo - hard to say. He might benefit from a design mentor, but specifically around editing his costume-y edges.

10 hours ago, millennium said:

Hester's place looked like the Archie McPhee showroom. 

"My girl is a boxing nun finger-puppet who loves to hang with her pals, Giant Squeak Rat and Flying Rubber Chicken."

10 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

That pissed me off.  As someone above said, Christian did everything but sew Hester's design and he's been much more helpful with other designers.  The fix is in.  They love Bishme but I think they were okay with him going because he posed a real threat to their favourite.   Nothing that Hester has done for the entire run of the show matched the black outfit Bishme did while he was in mourning.

See, I'm very entertained by Christian but I think he's a crap mentor, compared to Tim. He explains how to fix things whereas Tim knew how to flag potential problems and encourage the designers' confidence that *they* could solve them.

8 hours ago, SailorGirl said:

Bishme is proof that your circumstances don't have to define you. But this loss, on top of the personal losses and struggles he dealt with in the 5 months they had to make the collection, in a high-risk environment? Its enough to break even the strongest person.  

I like that PR is trying to increase industry access but casting alone doesn't level the playing field. Which - ok, if casting is seen as "enough," then that's it. But when one designer is living in what might be their country get-away home while another considers himself homeless, that disparity undercuts a claim of a substantive effort to diversify the industry.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
52 minutes ago, heavysnaxx said:

"My girl is a boxing nun finger-puppet who loves to hang with her pals, Giant Squeak Rat and Flying Rubber Chicken."

The finger nuns!  The woman in the office next to me ordered the finger nuns.   I got a set of squeak rats, too, the smaller size, glow in the dark.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

I  just watched this. I was sorry to see Bishme go, but he really wasn't ready. Garo's suit was so ugly. It looked like a mistake from the menswear challenge back in season 4. (Remember the guy whose shirt was a piece of fabric draped around his shoulders?) I think that was season 4. I like Sebastian's the best. Hester's was OK, too, for her style of design.  The reddish pink outfit was much better than the white.

Sebastian for the win!

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I had a question about the belts. When Christian visited him didn’t he say his dad had crafted the belts? That’s allowed apparently? I just think of the season where Laura accused Jeffrey of having his clothes sewn by someone else. And wasn’t there a designer who had a friend who designed shoes for their collection and when other contestants complained that designer was forced to give up the shoes? The belts are a pretty big component of Sebastian’s collection but it’s okay he didn’t make them?

I thought he said his dad showed him how to work with the leather to make the belts.

Going by past seasons, it would have been fair if his dad made the belts per Sebastian's design and was paid for the work out of the $10,000. Other designers had custom work in their collections but they have to pay fair market price for it and show the receipts.

The shoes were in season 1 and it was a friend of Kara Saun's who was giving her the shoes. She still used the shoes. She ended up paying $15/pair which still wasn't fair. Wendy was so mad and Kara never figured out why it was unfair.

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, millennium said:

The finger nuns!  The woman in the office next to me ordered the finger nuns.   I got a set of squeak rats, too, the smaller size, glow in the dark.

Well, you got me with the finger nuns.  Now I have to check out the website! 😜

Edited by Thumper

The writing was on the wall when Bishme showed up with only 8 of 10 looks completed. Between that and the horrible sequined sack I think the judges couldn't overlook it all. Hester's stuff is 'whimsical', if you want to be generous.

I have never heard of Archie McPhee. I did end up buying this dragon finger puppet at Ikea though, which doesn't seem to be available anymore. He sits on the top of my laptop screen.

s-l640.jpg

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Well, you got me with the finger nuns.  Now I have to check out the website! 😜

I also got a 3-foot-long rubber monitor lizard and a plastic monster hand you can fit over any doorknob so to turn the knob you have to shake with the monster hand.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I'm just not getting how the judges are so "clueless" about having not seen Hester's designs before. Even if they haven't seen them from the movie, the first thing my daughter said was they look like Japanese anime characters. Bam. Nothing new or original. You can call it Y2K Rococo because you use cherubs and are mining the late nineties, but it's still completely derivative. We've seen it all before Hester and how in the world she's fooled the judges, I don't get it.

It's not the judges being fooled, it's the "judges" doing what production tells them to do.

Also, there was no way the show, especially after just having moved to a new network was going to have no women in the final three.  Hester would have been a finalist no matter what she sent down.  They would have found some BS reason to advance her.

That said, thanks to poor Bishme's collapse, Hester turned out to deserve to advance on her own merit.

Finally, from what we've seen of the collections, if Sebastian doesn't win it's total producer shenanigans.

• Love 9
16 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

No, I don't believe she said she was outright doing Clueless.

She did mention Clueless.  She specifically mentioned this movie.  "Clueless meets (???? I forget.)"  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

What really annoys me about the judges lapping up Hester’s stuff is that it’s the same kind of disposable fast fashion mall crap that stores like Hot Topic and Wet Seal have been selling for 20+ years. Yes, there’s a market for it but it’s not innovative, fresh, new, or any of the other adjectives they keep throwing out there to describe her stuff. It’s just as dated and derivative as Garo’s stuff but for some reason the judges don’t want to admit it. 

Yes, it would be fine to update Clueless in a 2019 way, a modern way, but instead, she actually took Cher's driving test outfit and repeated it............... how is that good.

7 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

How old is Hester?  Clueless came out in 1995...so 24 years ago.  Just trying to figure out how old she was at that time.  Its possible that she saw the movie when she was young and it somehow imprinted into her brain and affects how she designs now.  Maybe the movie made a big impression on her, but she isn't conscious of that influence. 

She is conscious of it, she referenced the movie on the show verbally.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Is it really possible to do something that no one has ever done before at this point, in fashion?  

I think there is a big difference between referencing something/conjuring an era/making people think of something and just copying it.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

See, I'm very entertained by Christian but I think he's a crap mentor, compared to Tim. He explains how to fix things whereas Tim knew how to flag potential problems and encourage the designers' confidence that *they* could solve them.

I personally feel kind of the opposite. While I loved Tim (Until I stopped loving him the last few seasons), I felt many times he was too vague and the designers were left scratching their heads. Not very helpful. I think Christian is just more practical. He does give more specific guidance or suggestions but I think that’s because he is a designer himself, not a teacher. I have loved his approach this season. I’m glad he stayed true to himself and wasn’t just trying to be Tim 2.0.

This episode was a heartbreak. It really sucked watching Bishme fall apart, but what a disaster that piece was. And I really didn’t like his other two pieces either. It all looked kind of cheap to me.

Garro’s suit was hideous. It still would have been ugly even if it had been tailored correctly. His other “reveal” dress looked a hundred times better without that shiny thing attached. I did love the sequined dress, or maybe I just love Thijin?

I am shocked, but I didn’t hate Hester’s stuff. Weirdly, her new outfit was my favorite that she showed. That model sold it, and the styling was perfect. I give her that - she is good at styling. I also think some editing would help make the other pieces look not so “Clueless”, like maybe eliminating the knee socks and using different shoes. I laughed when she said she was ready to “clothe the world” or some such. Good luck with that, sweetie- I think there is a verrrry small percentage of the world who will be lining up for a Hester Sunshine original......

Sebastian was 3 for 3. All beautiful and beautifully made. I really hope he wins.

• Love 19
On 6/6/2019 at 11:04 PM, jacksgirl said:

Diane VF (sorry,  cannot spell last name) as a finale guest judge? Impressive Nu PR

I know he's not involved in PR, but DVF is good friends with Andy Cohen.

• Useful 3

If they don’t choose Sebastian but instead choose Hester, I can honestly say I’m done with this show.  I can’t control what the judges/producers do, but I can control what I do.  What’s the sense of giving them an hour and a half of my life every week because I think I’m watching a competition, when in reality the undeserving winner was predetermined because she fits a story they are trying to tell, or a demographic they are trying to reach? 

I also think Garo is quite talented and experienced, with big ideas, but too niche and not deserving of the win.  He sure can sew though! Very well made items.

I had high hopes for Bravo and the new team, and I love Christian, he’s amazing, so I’m crossing my fingers that they award based on Sebastian’s far superior talent and beautiful, wearable designs. Otherwise, for real, I’m done 

• Love 14
6 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I personally feel kind of the opposite. While I loved Tim (Until I stopped loving him the last few seasons), I felt many times he was too vague and the designers were left scratching their heads. Not very helpful.

I feel like Tim had started to say things like, "I'm concerned about this piece. You need to fix it. Make it work," which is considerably less than helpful. Or he would tell them their fabric was all wrong and then, of course, to make it work, but how could they make it work when they had no more fabric? It's nice that Christian addresses the fabric choice in the fabric store.

• Love 22
13 hours ago, millennium said:

Hester's not an unattractive woman.  Who knows why she retreats behind all that childish clutter.  It's like a Crayola-color suit of armor.

She does wear her outfits like armor. The (unnecessary?) glasses are also a form of barrier. 

Her "extra" outfit's skirt looked like nothing more than a bathmat to me. And when Elaine asked her what the fur was, and she said it was the same as on the coat, I cracked up. Is she just dim?

Oh, and the hysterics over her finger and there was blood ALL OVER the first dress. BullSHIT. It's all part of the same artificial personality. I hated her apartment. It looked like it was decorated for effect. When that kind of decor is done well you can tell it was built over time organically. She really did look like she plundered the Archie McPhee catalog and randomly tacked the crap on the wall. The only good things were her mother's art.

11 hours ago, Fake Jan Brady said:

My favourite part of the episode was hearing the groan that went around the world when Hester popped up in a talking head wearing that stupid Jughead crown thing. 

Ugh. I forgot about that stupid hat.

• Love 10

Whether or not anyone likes what Hester is putting out there, why are we not talking about how the boobs on her new look were at the model's waist? Why does she get a pass on that as well?!

• Useful 2
  • Love 8

WTF was Hester's meltdown all about??!!?  Sure, that probably hurt, but were the histrionics and screaming really necessary?  You'd think she was getting her entire arm ripped off by the machine.  Overly dramatic nonsense that makes me hate her even more.  And WTF was up with that house?  And the equally stupid on her wife?  Are they both children?  If her garbage wins next week, then this show has officially jumped the shark.

Bye Bishme.  I really wanted you to stay instead of Garo.  But you've never looked happy to be on the show and, after the death of your sister, I can't imagine you got any happier. 

And I don't understand the complaints about Bishme's 'plus-size' model.. she was gorgeous, with a gorgeous body.  The problem isn't the models here.  It's having designers who can't actually design.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, auntlada said:

I feel like Tim had started to say things like, "I'm concerned about this piece. You need to fix it. Make it work," which is considerably less than helpful. Or he would tell them their fabric was all wrong and then, of course, to make it work, but how could they make it work when they had no more fabric? It's nice that Christian addresses the fabric choice in the fabric store.

Exactly. Or sometimes, just a frown and a “hmmmmm”. I thought there was several times this episode where Christian really earned his paycheck. When he told Hester she needed a solid (even though she ignored him until Nina forced her to do it), when he forced Bishme to pick a design and a fabric and said “ok, you’re making this tomorrow”, when he told Sebastian that Nina asked for a gown - why are you making pants?!, and basically everything he said to Hester. I don’t see anything about what he says to the designers as overreaching since he is there to help them. A lot of times it’s just truth or a brutal reality check. Also, it seems we’ve been shown the designers saying “Christian was right” many times this season. I don’t think there was as much of that with Tim. He sort of functioned more like a cheerleader....saying “follow your viscera” sounds great, but it’s not super useful when you’re stuck, you know?

Edited by Ilovepie
Typos
  • Love 21
On 6/7/2019 at 12:01 AM, millennium said:

Christian was grossly unfair to Hester.

Christian advised her to change the color, steered her fabric choice, warned her against sending the white outfit down the runway, kept prodding her when she resisted changing it, showed her how to hide the blood stain by moving the bow, used the accident as an opportunity to persuade her to keep swapping out white pieces for red until at last the outfit was as red as he first suggested ... but he didn't have the decency to actually sit down at the sewing machine and make the outfit for her.

How rude.

I also thought he went from mentor to co-designer.  

• Love 16
(edited)

I'm surprised that Hester even bothered to show up for the semi-final.  Between Nina telling her all she had to do was make something in a solid colour and Christian creating her third look, all she had to do was sew.  And she couldn't do that without more drama than a Wagnerian opera, just in case Bishme was getting too much sympathy.

Whoever is in charge of things made sure that Hester was in the final no matter WHAT she did.  If I put my tinfoil hat on, I have to ask if they didn't persuade Bishme to make that hideous dress to GUARANTEE he wouldn't be in the final.  Bishme has NEVER made anything that bad and I can't believe he would send something that ugly down a runway.  His collection wasn't ready and he didn't have the time or energy to get it together before fashion week.  So maybe he did what they wanted?

The fact is that Bishme is the designer that they SAY Hester is.  Bishme is young, fresh, imaginative.  Bishme is hip and knows what young people want to wear now, not what they were wearing 20 years ago.  Bishme was a threat and he had to go.  Some folks claim that Elaine was always in Bishme's corner, but that's not true.  Elaine had no problem saying good-bye to Bishme.  She has always beenTeam Hester.  It was Nina who had a hard time saying good-bye to Bish.

Edited by mightysparrow
her name is Elaine
  • Love 9
(edited)
9 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I also thought he went from mentor to co-designer.  

He did that on several occasions.  Tim let a designer sink or swim on their own merit.  He'd make a suggestion or two but he NEVER reworked a piece for the designer.  And Christian was selective with who he helped.  He basically told Bishme 'sucks to be you' and moved on.

1 hour ago, AMA said:

Whether or not anyone likes what Hester is putting out there, why are we not talking about how the boobs on her new look were at the model's waist? Why does she get a pass on that as well?

Edited by mightysparrow
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

I'm surprised that Hester even bothered to show up for the semi-final.  Between Nina telling her all she had to do was make something in a solid colour and Christian creating her third look, all she had to do was sew.  And she couldn't do that without more drama than a Wagnerian opera, just in case Bishme was getting too much sympathy.

Heh. I didn't think of that, but, yeah, Bishme was taking some focus off Me!Me!Me! Hester.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

He did that on several occasions.  Tim let a designer sink or swim on their own merit.  He'd make a suggestion or two but he NEVER reworked a piece for the designer.  And Christian was selective with who he helped.  He basically told Bishme 'sucks to be you' and moved on.

Exactly.  I prefer the "mentor" just telling a designer that it's not working.  Tim would tell them why he felt it wasn't, but it was up to the designer to fix their shit.  I don't think Christian should be essentially co-designing by telling the designer exactly how to fix it. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, millennium said:

I also got a 3-foot-long rubber monitor lizard and a plastic monster hand you can fit over any doorknob so to turn the knob you have to shake with the monster hand.

I have a monkey in a fez on a spring attached to my dashboard. His name is Omar. My grandson asked where I got it and he thought I said “Marching my Feet,” so now Archie has a new name.

i read Bishme’s latest Instagram and was very moved by his openness. He received hundreds of positive comments and I replied to him, too. I think he will regain his momentum. He really was dealing with a LOT, all while participating in a national competition and probably running on sheer adrenaline and not enough sleep for months. He will recover and then I think he will do some amazing things. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
On 6/6/2019 at 10:16 PM, doobiedo said:

When Hester’s first look came out, I was struck by the fact that I saw that same outfit on Alicia Silverstone in Clueless 

How did that look not get skewered on the runway? The model hid behind Hester and not one judge mentioned the ill-fitting white sheer blouse as a dress with knee socks. I was screaming at the TV!

On 6/6/2019 at 10:21 PM, Marmiarmo said:

I think it is completely unfair to give one designer a challenge consisting of “make anything you want, just don’t use a print” and another designer a challenge to “make a fitted suit”.  There is a hell of a lot of work that goes into making a fitted suit, as opposed to a skirt and T-shirt.  Garo got screwed.

I agree that Garo had the biggest task for his extra outfit. Maybe he shouldn't have told Nina that he had 16 outfits ready to go... I really liked Garo all season, but I felt like he lost his identity in this collection. There wasn't a corset or any hint of corsetry in any looks he showed. His signature didn't make it to these looks.

Add me to the list who is out if Hester wins. Sebastian FTW!

• Love 8