Type keyword(s) to search

Sharon Osbourne: Faaaaaaaaaabulous!

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

The show really needs Aisha back. I always admired the way she played devil's advocate to make the discussions more balanced without being contrary. 

Aisha was awesome! You're right, that's exactly what the show needs. Beautiful lady with a beautiful energy. She made me laugh too. 

• Love 3

My friend’s and I will no longer watch The Talk.

we watched mostly because we loved Sharon.  We loved her honestly and her Intelligence. We loved that she was Real and down to Earth, unlike Ms Underwood.

as simple viewers watching the show that day, we were stunned to see Sheryl underwood  verbally attack Sharon for defending her friend Piers Morgan regarding his opinion about About Megan/Oprah interview.

Underwoods assumption that Sharon is racists because of her friendship with P Morgan, whom Sheryl’s labelled  as a RACIST was Judgemental, unfair and inappropriate.

Underwood should have been fired, not Sharon. Underwood is a disgrace.

.The Talk is Welcome To Her

I personally don't think anyone should have lost their job over this issue. As a fan of both ladies, I am not pleased with everything that has happened since.  In my opinion Sheryl and Elaine were wrong in painting a picture that Sharon was racist just because she supported her friend's right to freedom of speech. Sharon said she didn't agree with what Pierce said but she agreed with his right to state his beliefs. For the record, I don't think Pierce's statements were racist either. He does seem to be holding a grudge against Meghan for abruptly ending their relationship. I don't see that as racist though. 

As to Sharon's behavior, it was very unprofessional. She overreacted. However, I think she felt betrayed, ganged up on and painted as a racist on national TV. I also think she was a bit hurt with these accusations coming from her friend and cohost, Sheryl. For this, I excuse her behavior and accept her apology. Just because you disagree with someone does not make you a racist. This and other similar matters have gone too far. I am so done with this cancel culture. What happened to working things out, forgiveness and second chances. I don't know a lot about Sharon behind the scenes. So I can't speak to that. I do know that she was very entertaining on the show and I will miss her. I know she has her many, many haters on this board, but this was too far and unnecessary. If the rumors are true, maybe this is karma. I don't know. 

Lastly, I hate that this has possibly ended the friendship of Sharon and Sheryl. So many times during conversations Sharon would say that she loved Sheryl. I will miss that. Sharon, Sheryl and Carrie Ann were the last good hosts on the show. I haven't watched since they went on hiatus and came back and I don't know if I will again. It's just not the same. It's not the fun environment that it used to be.    

10 hours ago, A.J. said:

I personally don't think anyone should have lost their job over this issue. As a fan of both ladies, I am not pleased with everything that has happened since.  In my opinion Sheryl and Elaine were wrong in painting a picture that Sharon was racist just because she supported her friend's right to freedom of speech. Sharon said she didn't agree with what Pierce said but she agreed with his right to state his beliefs. For the record, I don't think Pierce's statements were racist either. He does seem to be holding a grudge against Meghan for abruptly ending their relationship. I don't see that as racist though. 

As to Sharon's behavior, it was very unprofessional. She overreacted. However, I think she felt betrayed, ganged up on and painted as a racist on national TV. I also think she was a bit hurt with these accusations coming from her friend and cohost, Sheryl. For this, I excuse her behavior and accept her apology. Just because you disagree with someone does not make you a racist. This and other similar matters have gone too far. I am so done with this cancel culture. What happened to working things out, forgiveness and second chances. I don't know a lot about Sharon behind the scenes. So I can't speak to that. I do know that she was very entertaining on the show and I will miss her. I know she has her many, many haters on this board, but this was too far and unnecessary. If the rumors are true, maybe this is karma. I don't know. 

Lastly, I hate that this has possibly ended the friendship of Sharon and Sheryl. So many times during conversations Sharon would say that she loved Sheryl. I will miss that. Sharon, Sheryl and Carrie Ann were the last good hosts on the show. I haven't watched since they went on hiatus and came back and I don't know if I will again. It's just not the same. It's not the fun environment that it used to be.    

Agree with most of this. 

How Sharon behaved while the investigation was going on also played into the reasoning for her being fired. It wasn't just because of what went on on-air . I don't think we know right now if other people working on the show BTS outside of ones that have been mentioned came forward with complaints to HR. She has a history of making co-workers lives unpleasant when she worked on other shows too. This wasn't the first time she's said problematic things on air either. Previously she had always been allowed to apologize, behave better for a short period only for her to repeat the same behavior time and time again.

It took a long time for things to finally be brought to light behind the scenes on Ellen too. For a majority of The Talk's run Julie was the moderator and her husband ran CBS which as a whole allowed abhorrent behavior to go on throughout that company for years because he was a huge part of it.

I remember quite a few of us commenting at times how surprised we were that Sharon was still on the show after past issues that came up. She and Piers have been problematic people for decades and are complaining about being victims of "cancel culture" because their behavior caught up with them. I'm sure it's a weird feeling for both of them to be on the receiving end and to actually be facing consequences for behavior they've been able to get by with for years.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Jaded said:

How Sharon behaved while the investigation was going on also played into the reasoning for her being fired. It wasn't just because of what went on on-air . I don't think we know right now if other people working on the show BTS outside of ones that have been mentioned came forward with complaints to HR. She has a history of making co-workers lives unpleasant when she worked on other shows too. This wasn't the first time she's said problematic things on air either. Previously she had always been allowed to apologize, behave better for a short period only for her to repeat the same behavior time and time again.

It took a long time for things to finally be brought to light behind the scenes on Ellen too. For a majority of The Talk's run Julie was the moderator and her husband ran CBS which as a whole allowed abhorrent behavior to go on throughout that company for years because he was a huge part of it.

I remember quite a few of us commenting at times how surprised we were that Sharon was still on the show after past issues that came up. She and Piers have been problematic people for decades and are complaining about being victims of "cancel culture" because their behavior caught up with them. I'm sure it's a weird feeling for both of them to be on the receiving end and to actually be facing consequences for behavior they've been able to get by with for years.

All this. I'm not a cancel culture person in the sense I see one little mistake and want someone to lose a job. We're all human, and I think most, if not all, of us would say some stupid things if we were on a daily talk show for years on end. I do believe in consequences for bad behavior though. If all Sharon did was defend Piers, that would be one thing. It's the fact she's a mean-spirited woman and has said so many offensive things throughout the years, much of it seemingly swept under the rug. She's lucky she wasn't let go long ago. A part of me even felt bad about her being called racist, until I found out about all the racist things she's said. I used to think she was just an equal opportunity offender. I know it sounds silly, but for me a racist asshole is much worse than a regular asshole. 

• Love 5

For me what it comes down to is that people who are on talk shows have, in a sense, a bully pulpit, especially if the powers that be are prepared to let them get away with nastiness disguised as "my opinion" because they think it brings in the ratings.  Which, often it does.  Osbourne and a few others are finding out right now that nastiness disguised as opinion isn't selling as well as it used to and they're paying the price for that.  If they were as smart as they think they are they'd have taken note of the winds of change and adjusted their public behavior accordingly.  Years of getting away with things though makes it pretty hard to do that.

Edited by WinnieWinkle
  • Love 2