Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E01: Auditions 1

• Start Topic

What the shit was that? The new format for "auditions" is so contrived I could barely get through it. If everyone is freaking out and crying right from the start there's no journey for the audience to go on. It felt so incredibly phoney. Considering skipping the auditions and just joining again with academy week. 

• Love 8
On 6/7/2019 at 1:45 PM, Beezella said:

I think calling this an audition show is a stretch. This is at least several cuts, and call backs into the process.

55 minutes ago, RomanKat said:

It is.  Producer Jeff Thacker (video) and Robert Roldan (video) explained the audition process to Kristyn Burtt.

To be fair, this is true of a lot of shows like SYTYCD. The performers we see in the audition episodes of America's Got Talent, World of Dance, etc. have been through several rounds of auditions and call backs before actually getting on tv. It's very rare that what is shown as the initial audition round on tv is the first time that a performer is doing their thing for the producers/judges.

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

To be fair, this is true of a lot of shows like SYTYCD. The performers we see in the audition episodes of America's Got Talent, World of Dance, etc. have been through several rounds of auditions and call backs before actually getting on tv. It's very rare that what is shown as the initial audition round on tv is the first time that a performer is doing their thing for the producers/judges. 

1 hour ago, RomanKat said:

It is.  Producer Jeff Thacker (video) and Robert Roldan (video) explained the audition process to Kristyn Burtt.

Smac also spoke about it in a recent video.

Edited by displayname

What was up with Dominic crying at the first audition? Dezi did OK, but that dance wasn't particularly emotional. I did like his self-deprecating comments about his own dance ability though.

I've never seen LAG in anything before, so I had no idea she was *that* annoying. Is she only going to be judging the auditions, or the live shows as well?

I liked Smac's audition, it was fresh and fun. Personality-wise, she reminds me a little of Benji Schwimmer.

The mom dancer just blended in with her troupe despite the sparkly top. Her "solo" was less than five seconds.

• Love 2