Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E23: Lee & Rena & Sarah

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Kenzie said:

He would also fervently apologize after the abuse or outburst with no real intention of changing. He's pond scum.

How dare you insult pond scum!!!

I finally watched the whole thing a few minutes ago (well, I had seen about 60% last night so I was able to FF thru much of it.  I really didn't think I could dislike him more than I did last night, but I was wrong.   He is ugly (even uglier in profile), stupid and a world-class total jerk.

The main thing I missed with him last night was the bowling scene where he wants Rena to call him and he thinks she needs to be the one to calm down.  Spit!!   

I was really worried when Sarah said she had started a job as a waitress,  because I thought she might start to gain again.  Guess the job didn't last long enough for that to happen. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I assumed that Rena didn’t have the emotional or financial support to live in Houston (TX) without Lee, so leaving the program was more of a byproduct of the excellent, brilliant decision to leave Lee rather than being “kicked out” of the program.  Lee moved in with family and apparently had the finances to continue visits to Houston (TX).  He had enough money for a plane ticket (and parking his car at the airport), something a woman fleeing abuse might lack.  

I hope she is well.  

Edited by CousinOliver
  • Useful 3
  • Love 17

Who else is pissed that we didn’t see Lee throwing an adult tantrum?

also annoyed the Reenah dropped out and we had to follow Lee. 

Sarah looks WONDERFUL and I hope she is continuing to heal after her very sad miscarriage. You go, Sarah. 

• Love 16
22 hours ago, Scratches19 said:

Lee's friends, Zach and Dacquiri.

Snort!! Who names their kid Dacquiri?

Was his sister Margarita? Mai Tai?

Were they twins? Zacquiri and Dacquiri? Parents were high, obviously. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, AVM said:

Cracking someone's head open with a frying pan is alot more than just "anger issues" its violence and could be called attempted murder ..

Oh, but he was just flailing with the pan. Then she got in the way and inserted her head. As one does. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

I still wonder why Rena was out of the program just because she and shit head Lee broke up.  Dr Now should have kicked that useless pos Lee out, and kept Rena. Lee is a walking pile of dog shit with no redeeming qualities.  He needs to go live with the Assantis. 

10 hours ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Were they twins? Zacquiri and Dacquiri? Parents were high, obviously. 

Right?  Trying to be cool and trendy. Or cutesy and wootsey. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Lola does give strange advice, such as writing letters to abusive parents (which only makes the parent defensive and pissed off) and adults rolling around on the floor like a little brat having a temper tantrum (and then go for a walk).  How in the world does that help?  I know it's better than beating up someone, but there has to be a better way to express and/or control your anger.  Why doesn't she try to get to the root of all that anger and help him deal with it?

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, Dittohead said:

Lola does give strange advice, such as writing letters to abusive parents (which only makes the parent defensive and pissed off) and adults rolling around on the floor like a little brat having a temper tantrum (and then go for a walk).  How in the world does that help?  I know it's better than beating up someone, but there has to be a better way to express and/or control your anger.  Why doesn't she try to get to the root of all that anger and help him deal with it?

I really doubt Lee needed to be advised to give adult temper tantrums a try. I'm sure he has them on the regular.

And did he seriously say that Rena's face got in the way of his frying pan?! Way to duck responsibility, you whiny, unlikable POS.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

I really doubt Lee needed to be advised to give adult temper tantrums a try. I'm sure he has them on the regular.

And did he seriously say that Rena's face got in the way of his frying pan?! Way to duck responsibility, you whiny, unlikable POS.

We can only hope that Lee runs into Danny DeVito.

450full-throw-momma-from-the-train-screenshot.jpg.gif

• LOL 4
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Dittohead said:

Also, I was cracking up b/c how in the heck does she think someone in that shape can easily get down on the floor, flail around and then get up for a brisk walk. LOL. Too much. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
22 hours ago, CousinOliver said:

Lee moved in with family and apparently had the finances to continue visits to Houston (TX).  He had enough money for a plane ticket (and parking his car at the airport), something a woman fleeing abuse might lack.  

I also noticed that by the end of the show, Lee had somewhat of a "makeover" replacing what can only be called his "bad boy biker " (wannabe) appearance with a more conservative look.  That also must have cost a nice bit of change...

• Love 1
(edited)

Hubby and I were having a fight when we were first married.  He wanted to hit me so bad.  Raised his hand....letting me know. 

So I said, "Go ahead.  Hit me.  HIT ME!  But you better just keep on hitting until you get it out of your system and are too tired to hit me anymore or you kill me, because it's going to be the last chance you get to ever lay a hand on me, again."  We've been married 42 years and we still squabble, but to date I still have all my teeth.  🤩 

My sister always said that any bastard who hits a woman has to sleep sometime.  LOL  

Seriously though, Lee is a worthless POS and I hope Rena stays away from him. 

Ms. Lola needs to go back to school and get a clue about what abusive people should do to get themselves under control.  Throwing an "adult temper tantrum" is what made Rena leave the worthless, ass wipe in the first place.  It also gets  hapless victims killed.  

Edited by Claire Voyant
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Lee after throwing his adult tantrum:

giphy.gif

Maybe Lola hoped he would do that right there in her office, and the camera crew could film him unable to get up.   

Lee gained so much, and I can't think of a better person to end up just like he started.    Considering his awful attitude to therapy, Dr. Now, and the program, then I bet he will never lose again.       

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Lee after throwing his adult tantrum:

giphy.gif

I giggled so much at this it took me three tries to click the "laugh" reaction.

43 minutes ago, Claire Voyant said:

Hubby and I were having a fight when we were first married.  He wanted to hit me so bad.  Raised his hand....letting me know. 

So I said, "Go ahead.  Hit me.  HIT ME!  But you better just keep on hitting until you get it out of your system and are too tired to hit me anymore or you kill me, because it's going to be the last chance you get to ever lay a hand on me, again."  We've been married 42 years and we still squabble, but to date I still have all my teeth.  🤩 

When my parents first got together, my mom told my dad "if you ever hit me, you'll never see me again." Not that he's inclined to hit anyone; he can be a bit of a yeller (not excessively or abusively so), though. I hated it when he yelled when I was a kid but I was never afraid for my physical safety, thankfully.

• Love 4

Much the same with my grandparents. On their wedding night my grandmother said to my grandfather, “If you ever hit me, you’ll only do it once because you won’t be alive to try it a second time.”  

She was a teeny tiny woman, but she put the fear of God into my grandfather! the 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

It wasn’t my dad who hit my mom. It was my grandmother who hit my dad. He had a job selling furniture and spent a bit too much time at the bar across the street. She tracked him down, climbed up on a bar stool (she was 4’8”) and decked my 6’3” former commando father. He got a 9 to 5 job the next week and only drank beer after that. In Oklahoma that’s near beer. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 5

I've not finished watching this episode so I can't read the comments, but I just had to come here ASAP to address Lola's tattoo eyebrows. They go well past her temples all the way down to the top of her jawline. Seriously? WTF?! Were they always like this and I missed it or is this new? 

Needless to say, Lee is a piece of shit. Is Lola not obligated to report physical abuse?

The drastic up and down of these patients shows why Dr. Now does not give up on them. Bless him. He knows few will make it out of the many he treats, but he treats them all to find those few.  

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

I've not finished watching this episode so I can't read the comments, but I just had to come here ASAP to address Lola's tattoo eyebrows. They go well past her temples all the way down to the top of her jawline. Seriously? WTF?! Were they always like this and I missed it or is this new? 

Needless to say, Lee is a piece of shit. Is Lola not obligated to report physical abuse?

The drastic up and down of these patients shows why Dr. Now does not give up on them. Bless him. He knows few will make it out of the many he treats, but he treats them all to find those few.  

Lola is not obligated to report physical abuse between adults. In fact, patient confidentiality guidelines likely prohibit it. She is mandated to report child abuse.

• Useful 1
On 6/6/2019 at 11:12 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Oh, but he was just flailing with the pan. Then she got in the way and inserted her head. As one does. 

It was totally her fault.  /s

• LOL 1
(edited)

I've watched this episode twice now -- and after purchasing it on Amazon I discovered it was available unlocked on TCM Go -- as is Janine's recent one. There was so much I disliked about this update, beginning with too much Lee and not enough of anyone else. Besides the fact that I can't stand Lee and find him uninteresting as well, my two big gripes are:

• Sarah's update made such big jumps forward in time that I barely recognized her from one scene to the next. They cut down her time too much -- and since we lost Rena they should have increased Sarah's time. I mean, we see Sarah still looking rather large, and in the next scene she seems to be nearing her target weight. We see her with a full head of hair, then next scene she is wearing a wig and the voice over says her hair fell out. When did that happen? All of a sudden, when she woke up one morning? Sheesh, I can't recall such lack of continuity in anyone else's story.
  • What the heck happened to Rena? I understand that she broke up with Lee while they were back home for a visit, but it's never explained why she stopped Dr. Now's program when she was all ready for her first skin surgery. Yes, Lee made a brief statement toward the end, in voice over when he was walking in the park, but he's a nasty liar who cannot be believed. The show should have made an official statement explaining her absence from the rest of the episode, either via Dr. Now or with title cards. It makes no sense that she would have been disqualified from continuing for not appearing along with Lee, because then Lee would have had to be disqualified for not appearing along with her. There had to be a good reason, but it just wasn't communicated at all.

A few thoughts regarding Lola:

• I think this is the greatest number of wigs we've seen her wear in one episode. I actually liked the one with bangs, whose two-tone coloring made me think of LaShanta's wig. 😉
  • Someone above mentioned Lola's eyebrows as being tattooed on, but I always thought they were drawn on with make-up. I've figured that she has no hair, at least not on her head, for some reason, which is why she wears the wigs and draws on the eye brows. [Not sure about eye lashes.]
  • I agree with others who have mentioned that Lola is not skillful at treating people with anger issues -- although this is one of the regular areas of her practice. I remember she was treating Maja for anger management too. I think the behavioral approach she takes would not be as successful long term as would an analytic approach, which would dig out the root cause, and would actually heal the issue rather than find ways to deal with it. As others have said, I think the "adult tantrum" approach for Lee is ludicrous (if it works for anyone) not the least reason being that at his size he could not get down on the floor and then back up -- and then take a walk around the block afterward. Too absurd.

<sigh> Well, Sean's swan song next week. 😢

Edited by ProTourist
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, ProTourist said:

What the heck happened to Rena? I understand that she broke up with Lee while they were back home for a visit, but it's never explained why she stopped Dr. Now's program when she was all ready for her first skin surgery.

Yeah, I doubt Dr. Now just dropped her from the program, and perhaps he didn't say anything for privacy reasons, but the show could have at least slapped a "Rena has chosen to stop with the filming" sort of message on the screen. Some commenters suggested there might have been a restraining order against Lee, and if the legal system got involved they might have not been allowed to say anything on camera.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, ams1001 said:

Yeah, I doubt Dr. Now just dropped her from the program, and perhaps he didn't say anything for privacy reasons, but the show could have at least slapped a "Rena has chosen to stop with the filming" sort of message on the screen. Some commenters suggested there might have been a restraining order against Lee, and if the legal system got involved they might have not been allowed to say anything on camera.

It seemed to me that Dr. Now was well aware of what was going on with Rena whenever he questioned dumb ass about things.  He knew about the abuse for example and I doubt Lee would have said boo. 

Lola also seemed privy to things I bet Lee would have never admitted to. 

So, I think you're right.  There was probably some kind of restraining order on Lee and Rena wanted a full on separation, show or no show.  She was in dire need of emotional support, so I would certainly hope that Dr. Now and the shows producers, etc., wouldn't leave her to flounder alone.   

Edited by Claire Voyant
fix missing letter in a word
  • Love 4

Pounders,

Let's refrain from calling Lee a lesbian or suggesting he might transition. There are so  many things to say about Lee, abuser, asshole, man who should flail his way to a prison cell, horrifying beast.  Comparing him to a lesbian or suggesting he is transgender only insults women.  

As always, if you have questions about Mod actions, please PM your Mods @PrincessPurrsALot and @Giant Misfit.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I got the impression that she chose not to return to Houston (TX) - maybe because Lee was there? In any case I thought she decided against continuing. I maybwatch again to see if I can pinpoint why I have that impression. 

• Love 2

This might be more Lee's speed (well, I don't know about the "responsible adult" bit). He can stay in his chair and do it. Then he can take a nice long walk (off a short pier).

knock-knock-paper-tantrum-nifty-notes.jp

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

My thoughts from last night's viewing

I forgot about this show this week until today. I also forgot about what a gigantic asshole Lee is. I am thrilled Rena finally dumped his stupid, whiny, obese ass. I hope Lee reads all the posts, Tweets and reviews of his episode and sees exactly how much people hate him and how stupid, obnoxious, and infantile they (we) think he is. He won't see that if he simply watches the episode, because he thinks he shits roses. 

"Ah'm trying, really ah am!"

Well, if you were trying to regain 94 pounds,  you did it, congratulations, dumbass. Yes, that MUST have taking a lot of hard work, all that fork-lifting and refrigerator door opening and such.

Oh, and "her head got in the way of the frying pan I was swinging"? DROP DEAD, ASSHOLE.

Also, Lee could grow a full beard and go walking down Main Street with his wang hanging out and he'd STILL look like a truck-driving grandma. Rena, go find your prince, he's out there. Lee ain't him. You invited her down for your skin removal surgery? How romantic and selfserving. I'm sure Rena will jump at the chance to be your whipping boy/Florence Nightinggale during your recovery..NOT.

Sarah is such a delight, such a decent, hardworking, responsible, likeable gal. It's great that she was able to recognize that she'd do much better without her mother living with her.  "She and her mudder.." Dr. Now's accent is the cutest! Once she lost all that weight, Sarah started to remind me a little of a cross between Lara Flynn Boyle and Sherilyn Fenn.

Sarah and Rena are both beautiful women. I hope Rena gets her teeth fixed, it would make such a big difference. I also wondered if the show covered breast lifts for the women when they start getting all the skin removal done. And is a tummy tuck part of the surgeries? I hope both women can get those done. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 7
38 minutes ago, newyawk said:

Once she lost all that weight, Sarah started to remind me a little of a cross between Lara Flynn Boyle and Sherilyn Fenn.

I was thinking she reminded me a little of Elizabeth McGovern back in the 80s.

• Love 6
On 6/7/2019 at 10:47 AM, Dittohead said:

I really, really don't want to defend Lola, since I am one of her biggest critics, but what I do see value in is having a coping mechanism that can immediately be put into place to deal with the overwhelming surge of anger feeling at the time...and also continue working with a therapist to get at the root and then hopefully no longer need the coping mechanism.

On 6/6/2019 at 2:57 AM, lizajane said:

Sarah looks like an entirely different person. Hope she gets the skin surgery and that her hair grows back. Looks like she and Lola have the same visually impaired wig fitter.

She looked so good, but that wig did not help.  The color was far too dark and actually aged her pretty face. 

We didn't get to see her weight in that last segment, but my guess is that once the 30 lbs or so of skin are removed, that she will be in the 140s/150s, which is phenomenal.  I continue to be fascinated with why some people are able to see it through all the way, putting in all the hard work and keeping at it, when so many others don't.  She certainly wouldn't be someone you would have picked out at the start to say she would be an outstanding WLS success story.  I just hope and pray that she is getting the professional help she needs for what appears to be pretty serious depression.

• Love 7
38 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I continue to be fascinated with why some people are able to see it through all the way, putting in all the hard work and keeping at it, when so many others don't.

I think the two main issues are motivation and addiction.

Some of them are much more motivated to change than others, especially the young ones in their 20s and early 30s who would then be able to break free from family and go on to have a good life. The ones who are already middle aged may be more damaged and less hopeful for the future, and so less motivated to make the big changes and do the hard work. Of course, there are exceptions on both sides: we've seen some young people, such as Sean Milliken and Justin Assanti who are already very damaged and struggling with the program, and some middle-aged people like Diana Bunch and Paula Jones who have done very well.

And then there is the question of food addiction. I don't think all of these poundticipants are addicted, but the ones who are have a much harder time changing their eating habits long term. Some of them don't really seem to be addicted IMO, but have fallen into bad habits due to sequence of events in their lives that caused them to turn to food. Once they have a structured program and support system, along with the motivation, they are able to change their relationship with food. But the ones who are addicts with more deeply-rooted personality issues that drive them to self-medicate with food, have a much harder time breaking free. Even though they are offered psychotherapy, the type of analysis they would need would take years and is beyond what the program can do.

• Love 7
54 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Can I post spoilers here? 

Hide contents

According to Facebook Rena and Lee are back together...damn I was rooting for you Rena.

NO!!!  

I used to work with victims of DV as a listening ear and a voice (I hoped) as encouragement to move on,  One thing I learned was that some women truly believe they "deserve it" and I fear Rena is one of those.  So beat down for so long ... And Dr. Now didn't help putting Lee before her needs.  

He's such an azzhole.  He wants to "be a man" ... not a chance.  Sadly Rena really loves him.  

• Love 1
(edited)

Lee is an ugly man. Inside and out. My jaw dropped when he talked about hitting Rena with a frying pan. He’s damn lucky his sorry ass isn’t in jail. Seriously, fuck that guy. 

Sarah. Wow. What a transformation. She really dropped weight and left the negativity of her Mom behind her. She also didn’t let the sadness of losing a baby set her back her old eating habits. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 13
On 6/7/2019 at 1:58 PM, evansmom10 said:

I just can't get over how feminine Lee looks, I keep thinking he's a woman. 

Nonsense. If Lee were a woman, the men would be lining up to bathe him, clean out his folds, and feed him fried chicken on demand.

• LOL 11
(edited)
Spoiler

OK, from reading smutty things, Rena dumped Lee and stayed in Missouri, when she found out he was 'dating' a married or separated woman, then Rena sold the van they traveled to Houston in the first time.     Then Lee broke up, or was more likely dumped by his new love, probably when he suggested that she should be his caretaker for life, or about the time he decided to show her why he's the boss.     Then the sad and troubling update on Lee's facebook showing Rena and Lee back together right about the time the show aired.    I'm hoping that's a lie, and Rena is still safe.     

I really think Rena and Sarah should move in together, support each other through skin surgeries, and through their 'journeys', and tell Lee where to go.   This is why I have a personal policy, that if someone needs help getting away from an abuser, I'll help them, but if they go running back, call someone else the next time, because I'm done.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 11
On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:50 AM, DC Gal in VA said:

Well Jeeves at least I know that I wasn't alone in finding Lee to be unwatchable. You were being productive and packing for a trip; I actually mentally checked out and stopped posting a little past the first hour of the show. I just couldn't watch another minute of that asshole so, YIKES, I guess I'll have to watch the second hour of the repeat next week. There was just something about the first hour that made it feel like four or five hours to me and I just couldn't take it and fell asleep! 😮

You just know that a poundticipant has to be an epic jerk for me to miss hanging out with my Pounder Pals. ☺

Please tell me that Rena left him and stayed away.

Yes, I totally agree.  This episode was a downer;  food for thought rather than snarkworthy.  I do hope that Rena's absence from the rest of the episode was because of her choice to distance herself from Lee.  I hope that she wasn't dropped from the program and that behind the scenes she will get follow-up and skin removal.  If that's not true I'm beyond words...

I did re-watch late last night because I was distracted during Live Chat (and I'm too embarrassed to watch this when anyone else is awake;  same thing with "My Cat from Hell" and "Too Cute".)

I wish Rena well.  She did say in her voice-over something about our separate weight-loss journeys.  Good for you.  I hated how Lee said that Rena had to delay her skin surgery to go up to Houston (MO) because his dad was sick.  Know what:  that's his family, not hers.  She could pay her respects and take care of herself.  Oh goodness, that depressing union local/bingo hall with the folding plastic tables and the fluorescent lighting---.no one wants to be there.  Dad seems to have an IQ of 50, or else he doesn't know what to say to the camera.

I have been happily married for 29 (!) years, but 4 years ago my husband hit me and shoved me off the porch.  I called the police, and he came back barefoot the next morning.  (he was drunk when this happened).  That was the first and last time;  we both agree.  I have a 10" and 12" iron skillet--they are deadly weapons, it's not funny at all.  I hope Rena's ok and far from MFSOBPOS Lee.

Did y'all notice that when Lee and Rena went for their weigh-ins it was daylight when they went in and they showed the scale with handles, and after the commercial when they actually weighed it was on the scale without handles.  Also it was dark when they left.  Could have been it was December (saw Christmas tree in Lee and Rena's apt), but still..

Same thing with Sarah's appt with her mom, it suddenly got dark outside.

I always liked Sarah;  you guys so kindly sent me recipes for Tater-Tot Casserole in response; aren't brave enough to try yet now that the weather's hot.

Why did her mom place that stupid semicircular table at the top of the stairs when she struggled just to climb up the stairs to shower (original episode). ?

I like that Sarah called out her mom for being a hindrance at her appt. with Dr. Now and got herself free.  So heartbreaking that she lost her baby.

My goodness, though!  It's too bad that she can go from fun, casual dating to an unplanned pregnancy.  I'm not being superior here,  I have 2 kids and neither was planned.  Your friends who tell you they "planned" their children are probably lying.  (My youngest just finished with the Marines, can't help it, I'm so proud!)

I wish Sarah the best,  and I pray she  lives joy in her life.  It's sad that she seems to have little support from her family, but in her voiceovers she seems to recognize this and is prepared.

Her grandmother in Kentucky seemed supportive, with a clean, orderly home.  Her younger sister seemed so distant and negative.  Unfortunately I noticed her because she looks a lot like me (well maybe 30 years ago).

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Carboncat said:

Did y'all notice that when Lee and Rena went for their weigh-ins it was daylight when they went in and they showed the scale with handles, and after the commercial when they actually weighed it was on the scale without handles.  Also it was dark when they left.  Could have been it was December (saw Christmas tree in Lee and Rena's apt), but still..

Same thing with Sarah's appt with her mom, it suddenly got dark outside.

There were also stockings hanging at one of the houses that Rena and Lee went to so I do think it was December.  I also think that when they go to these appointments it lasts a lot longer than we actually see.   I am  not sure what else would be included but I would think at least checking blood pressure and some blood work depending on what other conditions they might have.  Also they may have to sit in the waiting room for a good bit of time before they are called back ( that happens to me at most appointments).   I do think he probably schedules most of them for late in the day because of the presence of  cameras.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Twopper said:

There were also stockings hanging at one of the houses that Rena and Lee went to so I do think it was December.  I also think that when they go to these appointments it lasts a lot longer than we actually see.   I am  not sure what else would be included but I would think at least checking blood pressure and some blood work depending on what other conditions they might have.  Also they may have to sit in the waiting room for a good bit of time before they are called back ( that happens to me at most appointments).   I do think he probably schedules most of them for late in the day because of the presence of  cameras.

Of course, probably so.  In fact I would hope these appointments are more involved than we see....I would certainly expect more from my own medical appointments.  Since I've become a Pounder I notice this stuff.  Gosh it's hot!  98 today/  I'm not ready/ that's why I'm on the Forums/ delaying doing anything else. Did do toenails though....(Pink!)

Cats are panting.  I think I need to buy a window-mounted A/C unit.

One more pet peeve:  weird names and spellings...  Rena  is French:  Renee"  or in English "Renay" , even.  Like for years I thought it was "Chick-fil-Alhhh".   Yes we have them in Northern California.   Don't believe the hype, people, conservatives are thick here......I am conservative myself, but I'm not dumb.

Don't get me started on Zachariy and Dacqary, (and Mai-Tai and Highball etc....)  Sounds like good Cat names esp male tabbies.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

Sarah. Wow. What a transformation. She really dropped weight and left the negativity of her Mom behind her. She also didn’t let the sadness of losing a baby set her back her old eating habits. 

Yes, I agree that Sarah had quite a transformation, which was even more dramatic due to the way she was presented, skipping over a few months between her segments. I too was very glad that she was able to stay on track despite the tragic loss of her baby.

Regarding her mother, I have mixed feelings. On one hand I know that the relationship was not healthy for Sarah, but I kind of feel like she used her mother. Her mother didn't want to move to Houston, but did it anyway because Sarah didn't have anyone else after her sister backed out. Then once Sarah reached a point where she could manage on her own, she sent her mother back home. She didn't need her any longer, and preferred that course of action rather than working on their relationship in therapy. Dr. Now said they'd have to do one or the other, and Sarah chose the other. So I do have some sympathy for her mother, in spite of what happened years ago.

• Love 4
48 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

Is it weird that I think Hades from "Hercules" kind of looks like Lee?

That's an insult to Hades. 🙂

(edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 10:48 AM, dahling said:

Lee: "It's not my fault that Rena's face ran into my frying pan."

Sometimes I need an angry reaction emoji and not just sad or surprised or useful. (Angry at Lee, not @dahling, if that wasn't clear.)

I really hope Rena is OK. I hope the fb news is false. her page still says single, and I hold out hope. Lee is listed as one of her friends, though. (shudder)

Edited by IKnit4Cats
Read other messages that indicated bad news.
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, IKnit4Cats said:

Sometimes I need an angry reaction emoji and not just sad or surprised or useful.

Well, you could always reply to those messages, and use the angry emoji's available in the composition window, such as: 😠 👿 😡 ‼️

[Just joking!]

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, ProTourist said:

Well, you could always reply to those messages, and use the angry emoji's available in the composition window, such as: 😠 👿 😡 ‼️

[Just joking!]

All excellent emoji representations of how I (and probably most of us) feel about Lee.

Edited by ThereButFor
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

All excellent emoji representations of how I (and probably most of us) feel about Lee.

There aren't enough of those things to express how I feel about Lee.  I hope Rena keeps away and takes care of herself. I don't give a shit about Lee at this point; the abusive twat doesn't deserve empathy or attention.  If he wants to hit someone or be abusive, he ought to look in the mirror and take a bat to his own head. 

Sarah: Wow. Just wow. I really like her and good for her for keeping on track despite her struggles. I wonder, however, if her hair is falling out from dieting versus just stress. I wish her well. 

• Love 6