Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E23: Lee & Rena & Sarah

• Start Topic

23 hours ago, ProTourist said:

Yes, I agree that Sarah had quite a transformation, which was even more dramatic due to the way she was presented, skipping over a few months between her segments. I too was very glad that she was able to stay on track despite the tragic loss of her baby.

Regarding her mother, I have mixed feelings. On one hand I know that the relationship was not healthy for Sarah, but I kind of feel like she used her mother. Her mother didn't want to move to Houston, but did it anyway because Sarah didn't have anyone else after her sister backed out. Then once Sarah reached a point where she could manage on her own, she sent her mother back home. She didn't need her any longer, and preferred that course of action rather than working on their relationship in therapy. Dr. Now said they'd have to do one or the other, and Sarah chose the other. So I do have some sympathy for her mother, in spite of what happened years ago.

14 hours ago, ThereButFor said:

All excellent emoji representations of how I (and probably most of us) feel about Lee.

I read on the Reddit forum that Rena and Lee are back together.  How discouraging!

• Love 1

This was an okay episode. Things sure moved fast, though. I was also doing something else at the time, but my eyes shot up to the screen when Sarah said she had gotten pregnant and had a miscarriage. I mean I get that some of these participants want to catch up on the life that they missed when they were big... but damn. Sarah's face looks quite nice with the weight off of it, though. Good for her for getting on track. 

I think Rena needs to stay far away from Lee. Their relationship is beginning to resemble an abusive cycle. The guy has real problems. He hit her with a frying pan.... like are you fucking kidding me? It was so disappointed that she quit the program and we didn't see her for the rest of the episode.

• Love 6
On 6/7/2019 at 2:06 PM, Tabbygirl521 said:

Who else is pissed that we didn’t see Lee throwing an adult tantrum?

also annoyed the Reenah dropped out and we had to follow Lee. 

Sarah looks WONDERFUL and I hope she is continuing to heal after her very sad miscarriage. You go, Sarah. 

LMAO... me!!! When Lola suggested it to Lee I was like "Ohhhhh please show that, I wanna see it"

• LOL 4

Well, I don't have a life so I just spent a Friday night watching parts of the Super Morbidly  Size version of this mess.

Those of us who thought there would be bonus footage of Lee lying on the floor and throwing a temper tantrum will be bitterly disappointed.

I am so glad there is FF on my dvr.  

I almost did not recognize Rena in the earliest footage, and I had forgotten how hideous Lee's hair was at the beginning of his journey.  The back of his head is oddly shaped.

Lee--favorite thing about the apartment in Texas was the swimming pool; loves post apocalyptic films

Sarah-- fav childhood memory is riding dirt bikes with her dad

Lee- before meeting Dr Now, fav meals were lasagna and meatloaf

This episode has one of my fav expressions in the history of the show---"I am learning my stomach."  (I may have to steal that for my next dr visit)

It is approx 700 miles between Houston and Houston

Sarah--- scared of lying to Dr Now and wants to stay on his good side (Sarah is smart.  Be like Sarah); plays piano and drums; prides herself on being a good listener and always tries to be there for the people in her life.

--There have been many changes for Lee and Rena since their first trip from Missouri.   A dramatic bonus scene is coming up!!!!

Bonus  footage---flashback to Rena having to help Lee pee (I am grossed out) and then scene of him bragging about how much progress they have made and how the fam can see how hard they have been working.  This is right before they leave for the fam gathering at what looks like a VFW meeting hall.

Lee--fav thing about living in Houston (Missouri, that is) is that his fam is there; he also likes to go to the local creek; least fav veg is spinach in a can.

Sarah--would like to get a job where she helps people; viewed moving to Houston as a breath of fresh air compared to living in Dayton, OH.

Lee-fav color is red; hidden talent is music; he sings and has dabbled with playing guitar, keyboard and drums 

Sarah--fav family vacay was to go see her grandmother in Kentucky; played varsity volleyball; fav home-cooked meal prior to moving to Texas was tater tot casserole

One of the things Lee likes about himself is that he makes people laugh.

Lee- fav cheat meal is a meat lover's pizza

Sarah is very serious about keeping a clean home.  If she has nothing to do, she will clean something  (Sarah is welcome to come clean my house any day)

Lee--first thing he noticed about Houston (Texas) was the diversity of its people.

Lee hits another milestone by being able to travel by air for the first time.

Bonus footage (I would enjoy this if it were almost any other person)--arrives at what I think is Waynesville (boro?) airport which has free parking and is very small, but he still needs a wheelchair in the terminal. 

Lee--fav fast food before meeting Dr Now was a fish sandwich; fav childhood memory was getting to drive his father's old truck out in the country; fav item to buy at the grocery store before meeting Dr N was chips and dips (probably still a fav after meeting Dr Now)

Sarah--fav meal to have post surgery is cream cheese on crackers; least fav veg is asparagus ; respects how Dr Now works day and night to help his patients; hardest thing for her to leave behind when she moved to Texas was her nieces and nephews

Lee--another fav vacay was when he went to church camp; would like to work as a mechanic or in construction once he reaches his goal weight; first thing he noticed when he moved to Texas was all the different languages he heard.

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Twopper said:

least fav veg is spinach in a can.

giphy.gif

"Fuck off, Lee."

7 hours ago, Twopper said:

Lee-fav color is red

Of course it's red—that's the color of Rena's blood after he smashes her in the face with a frying pan she inadvertently walks into the frying pan he's swinging around the apartment for exercise.

I was watching the original Ashley D. and I noticed she had the same muffin neck that Lee has. 

@Twopper THANK YOU! 👏🌻🌹🌼 I just have too short an attention span to really watch any of these. And since our Supersize subjects this week are sooooo boring (Liz, Jennifer, Marissa) I know I'm doomed. There is no way I can stay awake. 😪

• Love 1

Thanks for fixing that.     I can't believe she went back to him, but she did.       Maybe she'll stay in Houston, and keep losing weight, and getting skin surgeries.    For Lee, I'm hoping Dr. Now stomps on his oxygen hose, purely by accident of course.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Sarah is supposed to have gone to rehab.     I wish her the best on her recovery.    She's such a lovely person, and I hope the best for her. 

Wasn't there a family history of addiction?    Plus, her food addiction was taken away, and maybe she started to have a problem with a substitute for food?     Whatever happened, I wish her the best.   Sarah deserves to have a good life, and I hope she will.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Sarah is supposed to have gone to rehab.     I wish her the best on her recovery.    She's such a lovely person, and I hope the best for her. 

Rehab for Sarah? That's a shock! She was doing so well by the end of her update. Do you know what happened, that got her involved subsequently with drugs or alcohol?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, ProTourist said:

Here's a lovely photo Sarah posted to her FB page last month.  😍  Either she has a better wig/weave or her hair has grown back:

65599775_2778949838785199_88993841509983

She looks beautiful. I really wish her the best. 

• Love 3