Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: A Double Shot Of Brandi

• Start Topic

(edited)

I think harry is ALOT more controlling then most people are catching on. I think when the cameras are off or not around he can be mean. Just the way he HAS to control things and such I think Lisa and the girls welcome him being gone so much because it’s a break for them. It’s just the way that Lisa constantly is trying to make him happy and cater to him constantly always saying how great he is and all just reminds me of an emotionally battered women  trying not to upset her spouse. 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 5
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, twilightzone said:

But it's the personal items, like mementos of Camille's family, that cannot be replaced.  You don't have to like Camille to recognize she has gone through a lot - with a public cheating scandal.  Her battle with cancer and her mother sick with the disease.  And now losing her home in a devastating fire.

I do feel bad for Camille in that case. But the other women talking about getting robbed of jewelry and handbags.....they're lucky it wasn't a home invasion robbery where they get tied up and possibly killed. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, njbchlover said:

While on that type of conversation, when did the saying "I have A beef with you" become "having beef with someone"??  It drives me crazy whenever I hear this, and I hear it a lot on other RH franchises, especially RHOA.  It just sounds sooo stupid!  I was getting all cringe-y when Rinna and Erika were having that lunch discussion.

I can't speak for the ladies of Atlanta, but in BH it's probably a Freudian thing. Since they don't eat anything, they are subconsciously craving a nice juicy burger or steak.

• LOL 17
  • Love 2

Was it a joke when Denise invited Brandi to Provence?  I took it as such but since Denise skipped the trip bc of the fire maybe Brandi didn't want to go without her?

random note: I misspelled 'Brandi' and Stupid Autocorrect suggested 'Beansi' BEANSI ????!!  Is she a dog who farts a lot?  Actually that would be a cute name for such a dog...

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Brandi isn't really going on the trip to Provence is she? Denise was just joking right? 

I have no idea. I detest B so much that it's difficult for me to even focus on a scene in which she appears.  There is no doubt that she is my VERY LEAST favorite HW of all time.  And, there are too many reasons to list.  She is deplorable and for her to return on camera......this show HAS hit rock bottom.  Even seeing her face made me a little nauseous. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, endure said:

I think I recall Denise saying in a previous episode that she is good friends with Brandi

Which makes me really question Denise's mental state.  If this is true, it doesn't bode well for Denise.  I do think that she and Brandi are very heavy drinkers. 

• Love 13
45 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think harry is ALOT more controlling then most people are catching on. I think when the cameras are off or not around he can be mean. Just the way he HAS to control things and such I think Lisa and the girls welcome him being gone so much because it’s a break for them. It’s just the way that Lisa constantly is trying to make him happy and cater to him constantly always saying how great he is and all just reminds me of an emotionally battered women  trying not to upset her spouse. 

Agree with this.

There's definitely something going on here, and yes, I do believe that Rinna would stay in an arrangement, despite gay rumors, controlling behavior, or whatever else she has to put up with, so she can stay as relevant as possible.

Remember, she's worn Depends to make money.  She will do anything.  In her own words, she's a "hustler", and she'll take any part, do almost anything.  Including staying married to a closeted, controlling gay man.  While admittedly using a strap-on.

• Love 7
(edited)

I'm not defending Lisa R.  She's a piece of work that's for sure, but, at least she's funny and entertaining.  My "BEEF" is still with Kyle.  She was the one who really shoved in the blade and twisted it with LVP AND RUINED MY SHOW!  I can't forget that and Kyle just doesn't get it.  She's still a mean girl and fake "wanna be"celebrity in Beverly Hills, but, just can't figure out how.  Did anyone notice those scratches down Kyle's cheek when they were in the car and talking on the phone about the fires? (Long streaks on her left cheek.)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 9

Did Teddi give an excuse for why she was so glammed up at that lunch? It was such a change from her barely there makeup look, that I figured there must have been a reason. She looked pretty (does her face move?) with the makeup and hair, but I have to wonder if there's a little peer pressure at play.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, dosodog said:

And I also think we could get an actual beat down if Ericka pulls her snotty, dismissive attitude at Brandi like she did with Teddi

That would be the best. thing. EVER!  Can you imagine Brandi's reaction if Erika freaked out on her the way she did with Teddi (or Eileen in Hong Kong?)

Speaking of having beef with people (heh) did anyone get a look at those veggie burgers the Hamlins were (not) eating?  They looked like Impossible Burgers, which I've been curious about.  Supposedly they're very beef-like.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I take anything Brandi says with a grain of salt.  She is not credible at all!

Didn't she already admit that the magazines in LVP's suitcase was a fabrication on her part? Now she's spinning the tale for Denise. 😡

• Love 22
44 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Brandi isn't really going on the trip to Provence is she? Denise was just joking right? 

I think she was joking. It wasn't Denises place to invite anybody. The trip was being organized by Kyle. I'm sure she would not be ok with Brandi going. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Let's just gather around with flowers and candles and say our respectful farewells while some Bravo exec pulls the plug. There is not a damn woman left on this show who is worth watching. Please let them just fade off into the Beverly Hills sunset. 

Good Night, Kyle,

Good Night, Dorit,

Good Night Teddi,

Good Night, Erikas,

Good Night Rinna.

🤡

I wish they would just clear the decks and start over with an entirely new cast.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Kiki777 said:

That would be the best. thing. EVER!  Can you imagine Brandi's reaction if Erika freaked out on her the way she did with Teddi (or Eileen in Hong Kong?)

Speaking of having beef with people (heh) did anyone get a look at those veggie burgers the Hamlins were (not) eating?  They looked like Impossible Burgers, which I've been curious about.  Supposedly they're very beef-like.

Lol Erika has a temper on her, but I think she’s a kinder person than Brandi. 

Yes, those veggie burgers are very beef-like.

7 minutes ago, renatae said:

Didn't she already admit that the magazines in LVP's suitcase was a fabrication on her part? Now she's spinning the tale for Denise. 😡

No, she never has. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Yes, those veggie burgers are very beef-like.

I don't think the issue with Amelia is eating beef. It's eating anything. Lisa and Harry are in denial about what's going on with their daughter. I hope that kid is in therapy. 

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Did Teddi give an excuse for why she was so glammed up at that lunch? It was such a change from her barely there makeup look, that I figured there must have been a reason. She looked pretty (does her face move?) with the makeup and hair, but I have to wonder if there's a little peer pressure at play.

Teddy is looking much more tidy and ‘glossy’ these days... methinks she is trying to fit in and look ‘camera ready’ these days!

• Love 13
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think the issue with Amelia is eating beef. It's eating anything. Lisa and Harry are in denial about what's going on with their daughter. I hope that kid is in therapy. 

Oh I agree! I just thought I’d let those who are fearful of trying vegetarian food know those burgers are not the typical veggie burger.

I had an eating disorder myself when I was around Amelia’s age. I also hope she’s getting therapy. 

• Love 10

Denise at least acknowledges that she's putting extra work on her husband by being gone so often.  That makes me think that he's actually doing the work, rather than nannies, in Dorit's case.  Can't see PK taking care of his kids like Aaron does with his stepkids. 

Camille's breathy voice -- does she think it's sexy? 

I was fine with Amelia and Delilah not eating, but not taking their plates inside when asked?  They know they're being filmed and that they'll be judged for their behavior, so why be such a bitch?

• Love 15
17 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

Were any of these women affected by this horrific fire? Did their houses burn to the ground? Did their loved ones die?

I don't think so. Their biggest losses in life were Birkin bags and jewelry. Such shallow, vapid souls these women are.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Loss is loss. God forbid that anyone loses a home in a fire or any disaster. 

Would it then be ok for the homeless to bash average people who lose homes and call them materialistic? 

• Love 22

Remember the flap about Lisa saying "Dorit's fucking dog...". With Teddi blogging about it and others remarking on it...that fucking dog...shows how little she really cares for dogs, etc.?

This episode, Kyle throws a pillow at her dogs and calls them motherfuckers.

I'm waiting for the blogs and tweets about that, HWs.

Another example of how Kyle gets away with things that others do not.

(FTR: I don't think either example demonstrates a lack of love for their dogs -- both were an expression of frustration.)

• Love 17
12 hours ago, endure said:

Teddi at lunch - looked like she made a real effort to look more feminine lol......lipstick and waves in her hair!

Yes... but she still self consciously came HULKING out of that car and into the restaurant. Ugh...please visit an etiquette coach or stop working out so hard. You have too much testosterone already, Teddy. Look at Erika or Kyle- Shapely yet more "average" curvy body types who manage to walk a tad more graciously in heels. & Teddy's stares at the lunch looked like she was about to kill someone. No talking , just staring a menacing stare. I skipped the prior episode so thought maybe there was underlying tension I missed between her & the ladies. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, goofygirl said:

I barely reneckignize old Brandi.  Man! She looks rough! And I thought KITSON went out of business?? Apparently..not.

I'm not on the West Coast but I thought this was true too. I could have sworn Mike from Shahs was set to sell his "shoes" at Kitson Stores and then they went under.

Speaking of the Kitson's window Dorit is going to fix - what are the chances that Instagram Assistant Kimberly will remember to bring more than one pair of trunks for the mannequins? Heck does anyone even believe more than one pair of swim trunks exists?

Something was totally off about the photo shoot. There are only 2 reasons why the boy's black elastic trunks weren't there. Either they were dirty because Jagger has been wearing them in the pool and no one has washed them or the stain as Kimberly mentioned is the word SAMPLE stamped across the fabric. One of my first jobs during college was working in the fashion industry. It was common throughout for the designer assistants to purchase items elsewhere so that their own designers could copy the piece in a different fabric. Then their own design would be made - but they would stamp the word sample across the garment so that it couldn't be sold or would be useless for someone trying to steal it for personal use.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Jel said:

I think it's possible; it would explain some of her acting out behavior. But, we've seen her long time friends on the show and no one has ever even remotely alluded to that, so I don't know. I think it's equally possible that Lisa Rinna just doesn't want to be seen arguing with her husband while the cameras are there.  

but thats the thing my dad never acted that way around other people and unless my mom told someone they all would have thought he was the sweetest husband ... he would wait till we got home when no one else was around and then unleash .........how dare you embarrass me like that or how dare you have said this or that or why do you do this. and start belittling ..........and it would be a fight ..... thats all im saying he's not beating her but being mentally abused can be just has bad has physical abuse .. but I guess its easier to say oh hes cheating on Lisa or he has another family in Canada ... how is that better? why is it ok to say oh hahah Lisa's husbands cheating on her hehehe laugh yay go harry when there is no proof?

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
12 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Haha with next episode! Now that we know the "hotel staff" are really paid by the show as "assistants." I sort of think Ericka started this with the glam squad. Then all the ladies wanted to have professional hair/makeup. I do think it's one thing that Bravo might now pay for. 

I actually think after the first season of the show, all of the RHOBH ladies had professional makeup/hair. They just didn't show it on air because the ladies want it to appear as though they do it themselves and it doesn't take a lot of time to look so fabulous. Hence the many scenes of Kyle in her room applying makeup.

I also think it was paid for by Bravo along with free assistance with stylists and this became part of their contracts

Erika though, I think was the first to appear to say she has her own personal glam squad.

Edited by KungFuBunny
  • Love 6

I think it’s interesting the Hamlins weren’t pretending to be a perfectly happy family.  

I cut the girls slack because they are so young. I forget Amelia isn’t even 18 yet. If I had flipped off my father on national television though, not sure I’d still have the finger! Lol

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I have no idea. I detest B so much that it's difficult for me to even focus on a scene in which she appears.  There is no doubt that she is my VERY LEAST favorite HW of all time.  And, there are too many reasons to list.  She is deplorable and for her to return on camera......this show HAS hit rock bottom.  Even seeing her face made me a little nauseous. 

I fast forwarded. I'm not interested in the bitch.

• Love 7
28 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Amelia was very reluctant to eat anything at the dinner. He offered her many choices but she refused everything.

Harry was very upset at that dinner.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

but thats the thing my dad never acted that way around other people and unless my mom told someone they all would have thought he was the sweetest husband ... he would wait till we got home and then unleash .........how dare you embarrass me like that or how dare you have said this or that or why do you do this...........and it would be a fight ..... thats all im saying he's not beating her but being mentally abused can be just has bad has physical abuse 

I'm sorry you had to grow up like that KeyWestClubKid 😞 And I agree that domestic abuse is horrible, mental, physical, emotional, financial -- it's all awful.

I don't think you always need to witness something to know something is off with a close friend.  I don't anyway...she might show a few signs, make the odd remark, you may notice a bit of tension between them (as you are seeing).

Harry Hamlin doesn't really hide his contempt -- he said that stuff and acted that way with cameras rolling. He wore a swastika in public; he participated in the Goodbye Kyle challenge. He's not working very hard at trying to convince the world  he's a real nice guy.  I don't think he is. And I don't think Rinna is a nice woman either.

• Love 6
12 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I have to  admit the scene with Jagger was cute.

Love Kyle's dogs.  Been there.  Done that.  With a dog barking while I'm on the phone.  I've also thrown a pillow.  Please don't accuse me of dog abuse.  It's just trying to get their attention to shut up.

I don't know what to say about that dinner with the Hamlins'.  The youngest has issues.  It's dysfunctional.

Brandi looked better than I expected when she met up with Denise.  Then....that TH...  What the heck was going on with that bright pink lipstick?  It looked like clown lips.

I'm warming up to Denise's husband.

I feel bad for all the people who were affected by the fires, including Camille.  She may have another home in Hawaii but probably all her and her children's sentimental stuff was in that home.

Brandi set her makeup gun to John Wayne Gacy

killer-clown-john-wayne-gacy.jpg

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, oakville said:

Amelia was very reluctant to eat anything at the dinner. He offered her many choices but she refused everything.

Harry was very upset at that dinner.

I wonder if it was because his daughter is struggling with anorexia, and he thinks his wife is to blame. When Lisa said something about Amelia being the way she is because of him, he said no it’s because of you. Or maybe he was just annoyed he spent so much time cooking, and no one seemed to appreciate it. I don’t know, but it was definitely not a happy meal with the family. Not a rare occurrence for most families, but probably not what most of us want the world to see. 

I know Kim implied something awful going on with Harry, but he seemed like a nice and happy person in other scenes. I remember that little wink at Lisa during one of his first appearances on the show. I don’t know much about him other than what I’ve seen on RH and some of the stuff posted here. 

• Love 12
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Jel said:

I'm sorry you had to grow up like that KeyWestClubKid 😞 And I agree that domestic abuse is horrible, mental, physical, emotional, financial -- it's all awful.

I don't think you always need to witness something to know something is off with a close friend.  I don't anyway...she might show a few signs, make the odd remark, you may notice a bit of tension between them (as you are seeing).

Harry Hamlin doesn't really hide his contempt -- he said that stuff and acted that way with cameras rolling. He wore a swastika in public; he participated in the Goodbye Kyle challenge. He's not working very hard at trying to convince the world  he's a real nice guy.  I don't think he is. And I don't think Rinna is a nice woman either.

Thanks it really does fuck you up growing up around that shit and it does give you issues that I still deal with today.. and yes has a teenager I started acting out to cope with the disfunction that I was growing up around.(my childhood and teenage years really did play like a bad lifetime movie good lord).....I'm just saying if he is the master of hiding things like cheating on his wife or having a complete family somewhere else (come on the tabloids would be all over that)? what makes this so hard to swallow? Is he doing it I dont know but just seeing some of the actions and stuff does make me question it ..This mans whole career is based off perception so why would he want being controlling to his family known? its not something he would say hey guys look what I do .. you hide it  thats all I'm saying 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

What did I miss? What assault charges?

Don’t know if anyone answered this - I’m still catching up.

As I recall the story, when Harry was first seeing Lisa he was accused of assaulting his old girlfriend, another actress. Lisa supposedly threatened her and she left town for good. (Who knows if it’s true?)

31 minutes ago, Giselle said:

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Loss is loss. God forbid that anyone loses a home in a fire or any disaster. 

Would it then be ok for the homeless to bash average people who lose homes and call them materialistic? 

I respect your opinion but losing a loved one in a wildfire and losing photos,cars, Birkins is not "loss is loss". It's the difference between a handbag and a human being. And that's all I'm going to say on that subject.

I did not see the latest episode with Brandi but look forward to catching up next week. Can't wait to see the bright pink clown lipstick on her! 😁

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Or maybe he was just annoyed he spent so much time cooking, and no one seemed to appreciate it.

I know exactly where HH can cook a meal for someone and it would be eaten and appreciated! 

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
(edited)
51 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I wonder if it was because his daughter is struggling with anorexia, and he thinks his wife is to blame. When Lisa said something about Amelia being the way she is because of him, he said no it’s because of you. Or maybe he was just annoyed he spent so much time cooking, and no one seemed to appreciate it. I don’t know, but it was definitely not a happy meal with the family. Not a rare occurrence for most families, but probably not what most of us want the world to see. 

I know Kim implied something awful going on with Harry, but he seemed like a nice and happy person in other scenes. I remember that little wink at Lisa during one of his first appearances on the show. I don’t know much about him other than what I’ve seen on RH and some of the stuff posted here. 

the thing is she said she didn't want to eat before he made the food so why continue to push it and make the food anyway when she didn't want it?? no thank you turned into no please turned into him still making it and then getting pissed it wasn't eaten ... lol that is insane you cant force someone to eat when they dont want to and you cant get mad because they didn't eat the food they didn't want you to prepare in the first place .. she has an eating disorder screaming at her to eat isn't gonna do anything ...making her food when she said she doesn't want it isn't gonna do anything either ...

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Pickles said:

I wish they would just clear the decks and start over with an entirely new cast.

I think anything is better than bringing Kim and Brandie back.  There are certainly other options.......let's say they make a DIFFERENT kind of RHOBH and get the following:

Shannon Doherty 

Tori Spelling

Kelly Osbourne

Helen Hunt

Carnie Wilson

Kate Hudson 

Some of them may be too busy, but, others not so much.  lol 

• Love 10

Rinna obviously agreed to include her daughter in filming this season- even in the midst of her struggles with an eating disorder. She probably thought she would get kudos for being honest and shining a light on anorexia. 

Many ( not all) young women with anorexia nervosa have unresolved issues with their mothers. Rinna hardly has a healthy relationship with food herself. One of the Hamlin girls had crippling anxiety that even prevented her from attending school. 

Amelia has no business being involved with modeling- too much pressure to have the “perfect “ body. Nor should she be on this show. I think the whole family needs therapy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
4 minutes ago, Sterling said:

They are not toddlers.  They are old enough not to speak to their parents that way, or behave in such abhorrent ways around others they perceive to not be "as good as".  Didn't one of them already move to NYC?  

Heck, even toddlers shouldn't speak to their parents that way.  When a parent says "Bring your plate into the kitchen", the TODDLER should say, "Yes daddy".

I'm no Dorit fan, but I adored watching Jagger.  All 5 years old of him (??) saying, "I'll do my best pose, mommy", and.....nailing it.  No temper tantrums, no snide remarks....just having fun with it.  Jagger could give these girls lessons.

Kids need to be taught at a very early age to respect their parents (and people in general). Harry and Lisa really missed the boat on that. Giving your dad the finger behind his back while your mother watches and does nothing? Holy shit I couldn't believe my eyes. Talking to him like he's a dog when he was just trying to have a family dinner and getting his anorexic daughter to eat? He started out very patiently and nice and then was fed up by the end of the dinner. I don't blame him at all for his attitude. 

It's super sweet to see how Jagger has progressed. I remember when everybody was so concerned because he refused to talk and was a bit delayed in his maturity. Look at him now! What a doll. The daughter is a little doll, too. Respectful and polite. That's how you do it, Rinna/Hamlin. 

• Love 23
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Sterling said:

They are not toddlers.  They are old enough not to speak to their parents that way, or behave in such abhorrent ways around others they perceive to not be "as good as".  Didn't one of them already move to NYC?  

Heck, even toddlers shouldn't speak to their parents that way.  When a parent says "Bring your plate into the kitchen", the TODDLER should say, "Yes daddy".

I'm no Dorit fan, but I adored watching Jagger.  All 5 years old of him (??) saying, "I'll do my best pose, mommy", and.....nailing it.  No temper tantrums, no snide remarks....just having fun with it.  Jagger could give these girls lessons.

I don’t think talking back to your parents like that is acceptable. I do kind of wish Lisa would keep the girls off camera though. If they aren’t mature and respectful, bloggers and such will rip them apart. That’s when, inappropriate behavior or not, I do feel bad for them because they are still young. Teens can get bratty, especially if they’re going through a hard time. The brain isn’t even fully formed until 25. 

I do think Dorit’s children are both dolls and also seem sweet. I can’t get enough of those two! I melt each and every time I see them. 

I wonder if Harry cooked because they did need to have dinner (and maybe shoot a scene), and he is particularly concerned about Amelia not eating.

23 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

I respect your opinion but losing a loved one in a wildfire and losing photos,cars, Birkins is not "loss is loss". It's the difference between a handbag and a human being. And that's all I'm going to say on that subject.

I did not see the latest episode with Brandi but look forward to catching up next week. Can't wait to see the bright pink clown lipstick on her! 😁

I definitely wouldn’t compare material things to the loss of a loved one. Never. I still think losing your home and those old photos and videos would be painful. I don’t have a lot of old photos and videos, so the ones I have are so precious to me. Purses and cars can of course be easily replaced by these ladies.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Thumper said:

I just watched the Hamlin family scene, and I feel bad for the whole family.  Something's going on and so much undercurrent but also hurt (Harry) and rude comments (daughters).  Lisa senses it but doesn't know what to do about it ( and I'm no Lisa fan).  Would be nice if they could all see a therapist and help each other work it out.

Or ... maybe that was all a "scene" ... and "cut!"  But I think not. 😢

I do think this family has been to therapy sessions with Amelia and on their own. They've been told how to handle certain situations and not add to anything that will trigger her further. In most of the scene, Harry, Lisa, Delilah were looking down and not saying much. It was Amelia doing most of the ranting. She's incredibly angry and filled with self-loathing - at least to me and I felt bad for all of them.

• Love 11