Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E17: A Double Shot Of Brandi

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

Why can’t the N.Y. Housewives go to Europe too.  I’m sick of them going to Florida and the Caribbean.  

I think at this point, the NY Housewives cannot leave the country for a trip if Luann is involved - she probably cannot leave the country.  

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
Just now, njbchlover said:

I think at this point, the NY Housewives cannot leave the country for a trip if Luann is involved - she probably cannot leave the country.  

Yeah, didn’t Luann violate her probation or something? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

I've thought for a very long time that Harry & Lisa have an arrangement.

My theory:
Harry is gay, but he was unable to come out decades earlier due to societal pressures and needing to maintain his "Sexiest Man" image.

Lisa keeps herself looking as much like a man as possible, with shorter hair and a boyishly straight body.  Lips that look like......well, something a gay man would enjoy.

The fact that Harry goes to Canada and camping all the time......hmmmm.....alone, really?

Both daughters obviously have severe emotional issues, possibly brought on by living in a charade.

Again, just my theory, I could be wrong.

• Useful 6
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:
  • 48 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

So this is the second episode LVP hasn’t been in so let’s watch many flash back scenes of her. Boring. Just replace her with Camille so these ho’s have someone else to gang up on. 

LVP said that BRAVO has refused to include her for the rest of the season.  She has confirmed she won't be attending the reunion this week.  It's all over the media that she has quit (likely pushed out).

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

I totally agree with this. I don't think they ever eat together. God only knows who Harry cooks for, cuz it's not his "family."

Maybe Harry Hamlin has another family in Canada, he seems to be 'camped out' there often.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

You think Charlie hires his ex wife as a prostitute....? 

I wouldn't be surprised! She said she was fine with hookers being Charlie's date, which makes me think she is one! It's Hollywood. People do all kinds of shit to hang on to their money. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

LVP said that BRAVO has refused to include her for the rest of the season.  She has confirmed she won't be attending the reunion this week.  It's all over the media that she has quit (likely pushed out).

It's fine. They are bringing Kim back in who will fill the drama void.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

So, since Camille and LVP aren't going to be in Provence, from the preview for next week, it looks like Teddi goes after Rinna??  As much as I'll enjoy that, I'm really, really getting fed up with Teddi, who seems to always has an ax to grind with someone.  

While on that type of conversation, when did the saying "I have A beef with you" become "having beef with someone"??  It drives me crazy whenever I hear this, and I hear it a lot on other RH franchises, especially RHOA.  It just sounds sooo stupid!  I was getting all cringe-y when Rinna and Erika were having that lunch discussion.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 13
33 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

No - her lifestyle aged her, and the fillers/botox completely screwed with her face.

And, I'm liking Denise less and less - first, one of her closest friends is Rinna and now, she's hanging out with Brandi, and believing what is coming out of those twisted lips.  

If we have to endure Brandi and all this other bullshit because the producers wouldn't show any of what they filmed of LVP without the other women, I think I'm just about over this show.  

I think I recall Denise saying in a previous episode that she is good friends with Brandi

• Useful 1

How can any of these women stand Dorit? As soon as she sits down at the table she's talking about herself, her day, her kid, her accomplishment. And they all act so interested.  Maybe they see a side of her we aren't privy to on TV. 

Harry, keep camping in Canada because your family sucks. I doubt he's camping alone and it appears Rinna could care less. 

Kyle, please lose the high ponytails and super black hair. She looks awful this season. She needs to go back to the shorter shoulder length wavy style with the soft auburn highlights of last season. 

Erica walking down Rodeo Drive (or where ever she and Kyle were)  in her shiny black track suit and fake straight bleach blond hair down to her waist. She has the worst style of all of them. 

I think Denise is stoned 24/7. She's too glassy eyed and out there not to be. 

• Love 24
(edited)

I'm not 100% that Lisa V isn't a sociopath. I don't know that I've seen her express any genuine concern about anyone, and she doesn't really seem to care too much about her daughters. She acts like Harry is just a visitor in the home. Polite but distant. I hope I'm wrong, but the girls have had mental problems their entire lives and Lisa R doesn't really seem to care too much, after getting attention from it. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 12
Just now, njbchlover said:

I know you shouldn't judge someone by the company they keep, but Brandi is just too low for me to not be a little bit judgmental about Denise if that is the case.

To be honest, though, I've been liking Denise less and less with each episode, so this just adds to my dislike.

My feelings are the same, I always wait a few episodes to pass judgement on new housewives.  This show is looking more like broken down has beens all the time.  And so many of them have husbands involved in huge lawsuits so they are probably more desperate to hang on here than ever.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

I'm not 100% that Lisa V isn't a sociopath. I don't know that I've seen her express any genuine concern about anyone, and she doesn't really seem to care too much about her daughters. She acts like Harry is just a visitor in the home. Polite but distant. I hope I'm wrong, but the girls have had mental problems their entire lives and Lisa R doesn't really seem to care too much, after getting attention from it. 

Did you mean Lisa Rinna here??  

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Rinna's kids are awful. And Rinna is most likely responsible for the eating disorder. I think there are some cracks in Rinna's marriage. 

Rinna has said that she is constantly hungry. Gee, I guess so, if you never eat. 

2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Yes it was really sad..especially when they zoom in on her and she is cutting the food on her plate into itty bitty pieces but you know none of it is going into her mouth

2 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

That said, when you have two parents who are all about their appearance, a mom who is seriously underweight and a chronic exerciser, AND the daughters are being pressured to model, you have to wonder how they are as normal as they are. Lisa Rinna is not Yolanda. Yolanda's girls were brought up uber rich and have a billionaire dad who is in that lifestyle. Harry seems like a regular guy that just wants a simple life. Now his looks have faded and the acting gigs aren't there, he's content to just camp and probably smoke a bunch of weed. I like Harry, but he's sort of like a childhood actor. Maybe that's why Rinna doesn't like Kim-- she reminds her of her husband who peaked and then plateaued and is broke.

Re: the above three quotes... Did we learn nothing from Yolanda and the two almonds?

I'm on WW right now and occasionally I think about Yolanda's wonderful two-almond advice for GeeGee (but not Da Udder One). Enjoy two almonds by chewing slowly, and you won't even MISS this cake we got for your graduation! PS it doesn't work. 

Maybe Rinna is applying this strategy to corn niblets.

1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

Poor Camille. I have a lot of relatives in California and feel for anyone who experienced those terrible fires. 

Up north we've had a couple bad years. Many friends-of-friends lost their homes. Air quality so bad that we had horrible haze and smoke and the fires were 200 mi away. One year, it was horribly smoky AND the temp was in the 100's (unusual for the Bay Area). Miserable all around, and tragic for those who lost their homes, livelihoods, and irreplaceable mementos.

Reading through the comments on Camille's IG post, it blew me away that Ramona, of all people, remembered that the whole state was on fire.

1 hour ago, njbchlover said:

And, Dorit can go scratch in her Kitson's window - that shit she's selling looks horrible.  Beverly Beach athleisure wear will never be Lululemon or Kate Hudson's Fabletics (not that I'm a huge fan of those brands, either!)

Body Glove just relaunched at Victoria's Secret. Next stop, Beverly Beach? 😉

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 10
50 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

If pushed out, none too soon.

• Love 10
(edited)

One of the Hamlin daughters said that he was so weird, that his energy was effed up and she gave him the finger. Plus, she answered the phone in such an obnoxious tone of voice. I agree with the poster who wrote that they really should keep those girls off camera.

They threw a lot of food away. Just one meal. I wonder how much they throw out in a month.

Aaron either doesn’t experience or doesn’t express a very wide range of emotions. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 21
20 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Did you mean Lisa Rinna here??  

You are talking about Lisa Rinna, but the 1st part I believe is Lisa Vander pump.  She is devoid of any real human emotions for anyone but herself and her dogs.

• Love 6

Denise is going to lose that new husband if she keeps leaving him alone to babysit but won’t support him when he attempts to require them to respect his authority when he’s in charge.  

• Love 19
(edited)

I just watched the Hamlin family scene, and I feel bad for the whole family.  Something's going on and so much undercurrent but also hurt (Harry) and rude comments (daughters).  Lisa senses it but doesn't know what to do about it ( and I'm no Lisa fan).  Would be nice if they could all see a therapist and help each other work it out.

Or ... maybe that was all a "scene" ... and "cut!"  But I think not. 😢

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Kimber is the Didi replacement? Instagram Friend?

I heard Deedee interviewed by Kate Casey just this week. Tracked down living in the Pacific north west somewhere. Everytime I see Camille film with 1 of her friends, i wonder what happened to Deedee. Turns out there's no friendship there at all. She was some kind of makeup artist for Camille, and we were never told that in Season 1. I remember the dinner party from hell and Camille being bounced from her own apartment in NYC due to another Mrs Grammar being in residence. And Camille sobbing into Deedee's eyes about how this other woman is ruining a family. Deedee in the hot tub when Camille owns up to her Messiah Complex, Deedee was with Camille pretty much everywhere she filmed like that Sober Living / Celebrity Rehab woman, Jen, was with Brandi G. I admit to being naive enough to still feel astonished that Camille and Deedee aren't really friends. So Kimber is also probably a warm blooded minion kept around by Camille for the sake of veracity. 

So happy to see Brandi G  finally getting some recognition for the allegations she (and the dreaded Cedric ) have made about LVP'S long term shady shit. Not that I believe any of these women aren't selling or giving away tips and stories to stay relevant. Lisa Rinna, I would bet, being the biggest offender. 

• Love 6

During the e-com photo shoot did anyone else notice PK's attire? He had on a black T Shirt underneath a jacket and a tied scarf everyone else was in short sleeved shirts.

What was being hidden? His bigger gut? The same mystery stain on the "other" forgotten elastic shorts? A big hole? A ketchup and mustard stain?

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

My theory:
Harry is gay, but he was unable to come out decades earlier due to societal pressures and needing to maintain his "Sexiest Man" image.

Lisa keeps herself looking as much like a man as possible, with shorter hair and a boyishly straight body.  Lips that look like......well, something a gay man would enjoy.

The fact that Harry goes to Canada and camping all the time......hmmmm.....alone, really?

Both daughters obviously have severe emotional issues, possibly brought on by living in a charade.

Rinna and her strap-on comes to mind (mentioned during another season).

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I have to  admit the scene with Jagger was cute.

I can't stand Dorit, but I have to own this....her instagram stories with her kids, frigging adorable. Cutest of all the housewives kids, ever.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Old school pic of the tv... I just had to because I couldn’t stop laughing at the clown mouth makeup! 

03F9ED95-0FA1-4D6D-9F90-FEF8BE3AEA70.jpeg

Clown mouth, cat eyes and hair that’s a cross between I Dream of Genie & Pebbles Flintstone.

• LOL 12
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I think Harry is right blaming Lisa for Amelia’s eating disorder. Wasn’t she pushing that kid to be a model?

Neither of Lisa's children need to be models. I don't know much about the modeling industry but I used to watch that Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency show and she would always turn away the girls who wanted to model before they graduated from high school. I completely agree with this philosophy and think Rinna's youngest daughter would be better served by just being a high school student.

I'm confused by Kyle. If she was my bridesmaid, I'd expect her to stick up for me a little more during the group conversation.

I assume Brandi is back because the other women are dull.

• LOL 2
  • Love 17
(edited)
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

If Aaron is truly adopting Eloise, I’m going to give him a pass for life.

My cynical self says that guarantees him child support when they divorce. Brandi's back because the show needs some tension and the beef with Camille is just not going to cut it. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Sterling said:

My theory:

I can’t see Rinna staying in a fraud marriage for over 20 years, so I don’t believe Harry is gay.

Delilah seems fine. It’s Amelia that struggles with anorexia. Amelia doesn’t need to be on camera IMO. She needs to still be at a treatment center. It made me so uncomfortable watching her say she was “allergic” to all the food that was being offered to her.

4 hours ago, nexxie said:

I wonder if Lisa and Harry have an arrangement more than a marriage - she saved his ass from assault charges and kept a roof over his head during the lean times, and he provided Hollywood clout and eye-candy. That was then, but now ain’t working.

What did I miss? What assault charges?

• Love 8
2 hours ago, islandgal140 said:

Wow Brandi. I thought she looked okay in her scenes with Denise but that talking head? I'd like to say she looked casket ready with her cremation no5 foundation on but I think we need to keep the casket lid closed on that one.  

LoL. I was thinking the same thing. Her face looked fine in her scenes with Denise, in that confessional? She looked like a wax figure. Brandi really needs to leave her face alone.

• Love 8

I’ve worked in digital marketing basically as long as it’s been around, but I’ve never heard of online sales referred to as “e-com.” I know what Dorit meant by that, but it actuality sounds a little dated (even though she means for it to sound “cool”). Maybe I’m wrong.

It was also weird to see Rinna’s business absolutely covered in neon “Store Closing” signs like a rug store that’s been “going out of business” for years. Seems pretty down market.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
44 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

LoL. I was thinking the same thing. Her face looked fine in her scenes with Denise, in that confessional? She looked like a wax figure. Brandi really needs to leave her face alone.

She sure does, but she has nerve damage from surgery (although IIRC) she said it was from laser.

I had a lower facelift over 15 or so years ago and I suffered from that complication for about 6 months. I had regular Botox injections to the non damaged side to reduce the lopsided look. It is a complication that I was warned about. I just didn’t expect it to happen to me! It did finally resolve, but I won’t cut my face again...ever. I have also had many laser treatments (growing up in sunny cal and wanting to be tan) but have never heard of that kind of nerve damage from laser.

To me, it looked like they were filming from one side of her face so the nerve damage wasn’t obvious. 

On a fashion note, she was wearing Doritos mesh top. Is that a new trend?

• Useful 4
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Wait! Wait! Wait!  Harry Hamlin has been a major actor for decades and the Hamlins were relying on the income from a store for their income?  Umm.  I’m kinda thinking the store was probably more of a hobby, Lisa.

I think they thought both stores plus their online store would become more successful than they were. I remember reading they lost a lot financially from the endeavor. Harry was heavily invested. He created the website himself, did some of the shelving and manual labor things. There were funny stories about surprised shoppers seeing him cleaning the windows. I'm not a Rinna fan but they both seemed to be very hands on with it unlike many other celeb boutiques and brands.

I went to the Sherman Oaks location. It was a cute boutique. From what I remember it was nice but they were selling basically the same exact things all the other LA and LA area boutiques were selling at the same prices. The same tees and dresses that Intuition, Kitson, Lisa Kline and all the other places were selling. They also had their own brand tees, tanks and sweatpants. Who wants to walk around with Belle Gray on their booty? 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Barbara Please said:

I also found her wide-eyed open-mouthed gasp of shock to be really fake when Denise was on the phone telling that her house was going to burn down

So much in agreement here!  I could see Kyle's fillings, and an old movie quote popped into my head - Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins saying 'Close your mouth Michael.  You look like a codfish.'  I wonder if such tragedies give anxiety-ridden Kyle a sense of perspective.  Probably not.

Each episode makes me like Aaron a bit more and Denise a bit less.  He basically is a baby-sitter with benefits.  He's great with Eloise who seems very attached to him but not so much to Denise who is not around as much.

I actually do not mind Brandi.  She's a mess but still amusing. Unlike stupid Dorit who broke the show.  I am so annoyed that Puppy-gate has lead to this- LVP is off the show and Dorit stays put.  This is the world we live in???

To end on a positive note, Teddi looked really pretty at lunch with the wavy hair and muted red lipstick.

• Love 16