Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/3/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, General Days said:

I just went back and watched. Meghan's all over that ad, sorry to say.

I don't think they'll dump her at all. She gets the show a lot of attention.

Also, if I'm wrong about that, I don't think we'd see her truly gone  until the new season. 

Thanks for checking. It’s sad that I want her gone so badly that I’m now imagining that there are signs of hope where there are none.  Yet.

• LOL 12
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, General Days said:

T

I just went back and watched. Meghan's all over that ad, sorry to say.

I don't think they'll dump her at all. She gets the show a lot of attention.

Also, if I'm wrong about that, I don't think we'd see her truly gone  until the new season. 

I don't think that Meghan will be gone next season, unless she decides to not return.  The powers-that-be will keep her at least until after the election, just because she will pull ratings.  

I thoroughly enjoyed today's show-moreso than yesterday's.  If Meghan had been there, it would have been an entirely different and uncomfortable show, with Erik Swawell discussing the mass shootings tragedies that have occurred (Meghan would have derailed the conversation and made it about Democrats wanting to take everyone's guns away), the abortion discussion (Meghan would have been screaming "baby-killers" and "I'm pro-life and you're wrong") and Wanda Sykes appearance (Meghan would probably have had apoplexy having to sit at the table with such a liberal Trump-hating comedian).

Hope she's taking the rest of the week off!!  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I have been told I need cataract surgery & have been putting it off...but now that I know Joy did OK with it, I guess I should go ahead & get it done too 🙂  Joy looked glamorous in her big sunglasses.

Buckeye, I'll comment in small talk.  

• Love 2

I really hope MM is out the rest of the season week. I'm glad Joy is back, I missed her at the table yesterday.

I don't think Whoopi meant pro-life in the same way as MM. I took Whoopi saying she is pro-life as in being pro-choice- she doesn't walk around wishing to get pregnant just so she can get an abortion. I'm assuming she didn't get an abortion because it was a fun/hip thing to do.

Watching that clip of trump saying something about london crowd happy to see him or whatever, was funny because it reminded me of the lies about the number of people that came to his inauguration.

• Love 22
(edited)
52 minutes ago, falltime said:

Watching that clip of trump saying something about london crowd happy to see him or whatever, was funny because it reminded me of the lies about the number of people that came to his inauguration.

What??  I was in DC today and I thought all the traffic was because people were still trying to get home from the inauguration.

Ana saying Wanda Sykes looks like her dog was cringe worthy but as a dog person who is frequently surrounded by other dog people, I'm going to defend her by saying that a lot of dog people would think they could give no greater compliment than comparing someone to their dog.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
On 6/3/2019 at 10:20 AM, Bronzedog said:

WHOA!!  Sunny just knocked it out of the park with her comments about the Catholic Church!  Beautiful!

I did appreciate her comments, but I have a question. Wasn't Sunny one of the people who was so upset about the same sex kiss at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Or am I misremembering? 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

I did appreciate her comments, but I have a question. Wasn't Sunny one of the people who was so upset about the same sex kiss at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Or am I misremembering? 

Yes indeed.  But to be fair, she said she doesn't like to see non same sex couples kissing in public either.  It was the PDA that offended her, not the fact that two women were doing it. 

• Love 11
Just now, Alexis2291 said:

And she mentioned her father. I didn't see that coming! 🙄

Meg has no use for the British... unless they are praising her father. 

My ears are already crying because of her shrill voice. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

And she mentioned her father.

Again and again.  She wouldn't let that go as if it was the funniest thing ever.  Whoopi even changed the topic and she was still yammering on about it.  Calm down, Meghan, it wasn't that funny. (The giant McCain hat on Madame Tussaud's.)

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16
Just now, Cementhead said:

Again and again.  She wouldn't let that go as if it was the funniest thing ever.  Whoopi even changed the topic and she was still yammering on about it.  Calm down, Meghan, it wasn't that funny.

"If you want to keep Trump out of your house, just put this up" *points to projection of hat bearing John McCain's name*

Ha...ha. Good one, Meghan.

awkward britney spears GIF by T. Kyle

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Oh, we forgot to mention this nugget from when the show first started.  Meghan says her husband always stands up for her and goes hard for her.  #bonnieandclyde   #rideordie 

Well, Mr. NutMeg is NO Harry and Mrs. NutMeg should be honored to even share a name with Meghan Markle. That's as far as the similarities go. 

ETA: When Sunny said she loves a man who sticks up for his wife (referring to Prince Harry), Meghan said her husband does the same for her.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10

Meghan said counseling has helped her with her grief and still does. She must have a looooong way to go because I don't think it's healthy to count the days since your loved one has passed and post about it every time on social media.

• Love 19

I have to admit I did chuckle today when Megan brought up her Cactus today(talking about the death of pets & she said Cactus don't die & you don't have to do anything to them) and then when she told the story about her Father making her build dams in a creek to work out her Teen angst....that's unusual! 🙂  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5

Meghan looked huge today!

Not sure it was the blue print dress which was much better than a lot of what she has worn but she looked even bigger when they show her side at the table.

Really need to get some plants to hide her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Meghan looked huge today!

Not sure it was the blue print dress which was much better than a lot of what she has worn but she looked even bigger when they show her side at the table.

Really need to get some plants to hide her.

Yes. Because any woman who is not thin needs to be hidden by plants. No. Just No.

• Love 16
54 minutes ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Megan brought up her Cactus today(talking about the death of pets & she said Cactus don't die & you don't have to do anything to them)

Cactuses can die.  I bought one because my cat kept killing my plants by eating or dive bombing them. (Yes, I did have a kitty grass plant and plenty of toys for him. I also put all the plants on upper shelves.)  Within a week Jake dive bombed and ate it.  That poor cactus never stood a chance.  I took Jake to the vet and he was totally fine.

• LOL 11
  • Love 7

How can Meghan claim to watch Moss's show-sit there and watch it and still think that women should have no autonomy over their bodies? She is truly awful. Building dams? I can't. She is acting very strange and I think she may have vaped on Whoopi's pen before stepping onstage. She is trying to be pleasant, I think?

• LOL 6
  • Love 13

I think she was trying to be pleasant, but by the second half of the show her high screech was hurting my ears.  In addition to a grief therapist, she really needs a speech therapist to teach her to propel speech from her diaphragm instead of from the back of her nose. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 13

Judging by her behaviour today I think it's safe to say that perhaps she really has been in a time-out.  Because she always comes back acting weirdly jovial after she has been involved in one of her self-created controversies.  And since acting jovial is so not in her wheelhouse, it comes off as being really bizarre to watch.  It's like she's trying to gaslight us and tell our eyes and ears that what we are witnessing is nice! and pleasant! 

Also, if building dams was a way to curb her teen angst, I don't think she spent enough time at it and needed to build a few more.  And if this is the result of all the therapy and counseling that she found so helpful in dealing with her grief, I don't think she spent enough time at that either. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, deirdra said:

The majority of kids don't have access to creeks where they can build dams.  You have to have creeks on your private property in order to legally build dams, dear.

Miss Pro-Life Know-It-All was not aware that 50% of pregnancies are unplanned.  

Oh snap!  Oh snap again!  @deirdra you are on fire and standing in that creek.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

Well, she did manage to snarl something about always being unpopular on this show.  And when she said the Deputy should get 96 years in prison she did the upper lip snarl!

She also mispronounced posthumously.  I think that was when she kept wanting to single out the student who was patriotic more so than all the other dead students.

Her comment about her hubby defending in her public has resurrected his attacks on Seth Meyers.  🤣❄️

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-view-host-meghan-mccain-i-appreciate-that-my-husband-sticks-up-for-me-publicly

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, bannana said:

She also mispronounced posthumously.  I think that was when she kept wanting to single out the student who was patriotic more so than all the other dead students.

That really pissed me off. Whoopi had to interrupt her to say all the students mattered.

• Love 23

I noticed when Elizabeth Moss mentioned Joy's sunglasses and Joy said something like, "People don't want to see my face," Meghan responded a little too quickly and loudly (which made it look insincere) that no, she doesn't feel that way about Joy.  Everyone else at the table just smiled at Joy's joke and didn't make it about themselves.  Even if Meghan really meant it sincerely, it came off as fake.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

How can Meghan claim to watch Moss's show-sit there and watch it and still think that women should have no autonomy over their bodies? She is truly awful.

She has absolutely no critical thinking skills. I totally believe she would go along with anything that would make her country more dystopian as long as she retained her position within it, or thought she would retain her position within it. She was raving about "Chernobyl" the other day too, saying: "it is a powerful lesson on what could happen in the future if truth fades out of importance to blind loyalty". Does she even know who she is?

• Love 18
(edited)
21 hours ago, bannana said:

She also mispronounced posthumously. 

And, dear readers, our lovely and talented Bannana is not exaggerating. The Daughter said "Post-hummus-ly" -- as in the dip made of mashed chick peas, tahini, olive oil, garlic, salt, and lemon. 

Elizabeth Moss looked adorable today. I haven't seen her look that cute since she was on The West Wing. I wish she had done another segment. 

They didn't film "on the Lincoln Memorial, MEEGUN. They filmed on the National Mall, which is the area between the Lincoln Memorial, the US Capitol building, with the Washington Memorial, in between them.

They also didn't "doctor" the Lincoln Memorial to look like a cross, MEEGUN. They "doctored" the Washington Memorial to look like a cross. 

Edited by General Days
to correct punctuation
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17

Love Joy: "Shouldn't the bell go off when he's locking kids in cages?" I'm so glad someone said that; the fury that is only happening in some people now over what is happening monetarily is slightly disturbing to me, but I guess sadly enough money trumps (no pun intended) human rights every time.

• Love 16
44 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wish someone had the balls to ask Elizabeth Moss how being raised in the cult of Scientology has influenced her portrayal of Offred.  

I don't think it is that kind of show. If they did that to stars promoting their projects, they may soon have no guests. I side-eye her for that affiliation as well, but not really any more so than I side-eye all the other religions with equally fucked up tenets.

• Love 9
(edited)
5 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yes. Because any woman who is not thin needs to be hidden by plants. No. Just No.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm way fatter than Meghan, and my beef is that she LIES about the size she wears. I don't judge size, but man oh man, do I hate liars. (I mean, we are not blind...you know? Just own it, and DRESS for it.)

jmho

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, bannana said:

I was like, "post-hommus-ly"? Really, Meghan? If you're going to read off a card, make sure it's words you know how to pronounce.

Also -- the hero Peter Wang, who she is fan-girling, is "patriotic"? Maybe; maybe not. He was indeed brave and compassionate and worthy of all the accolades he is receiving. But in Meghan's one-note world, he had to be "patriotic" as well. Because only patriots are brave and compassionate. She is ridiculous.

• Love 18