Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/3/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

Was it a scheduled day off or are you "down for the count?" 

LOL.   A little bit of both. I had a funeral that I had to go to two states away over the weekend, so today I was "down for the count" and recuperating from the 8 hour drive each way.  

• Love 5
Just now, Lisa418722 said:

LOL.   A little bit of both. I had a funeral that I had to go to two states away over the weekend, so today I was "down for the count" and recuperating from the 8 hour drive each way.  

I am so sorry to hear that.  I hope you are having a restful day. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

Given that Meghan used that analogy last week, between impeachment and killing the president, its logical that she is in a timeout.

Am I remembering incorrectly that this was on Friday's show so it was pre-recorded? They could have taken that out. (I may be remembering incorrectly)

• Love 2

I really enjoyed the show today!!!

It was interesting to hear everyone finish what they wanted to say.  And even though I didn't agree with Tara about guns.  She made a good point about restraining orders for guns. Where a gun is taken away for a short period (like time-out for kinders).  

I agree with Sunny about the Church.  A few priests are friends of mine and they approach the faith with openness to all, support, love, and try very hard not to be judgmental (as we all must try to do).  Like she did, I struggled with my faith when the child abuse came out.  

It was a good show even thought I did miss Joy.

• Love 16
1 minute ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Am I remembering incorrectly that this was on Friday's show so it was pre-recorded? They could have taken that out. (I may be remembering incorrectly)

That was my thought as well.  It's as if someone behind the scenes is making a case to the audience for the firing of Meghan, Princess of Arizona. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, atlantaloves said:

WHOOOPIE, PLEASE STOP SCREAMING....YES WE KNOW YOU KNOW EVERYTHING, SHUT UP, why don't you just go count your money somewhere else....but it was so nice without MM today. Hope my Joy is okay. 

She'd have to ask her daughter and extended family for her money back in order to count it.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4

If Joy and NutMeg are both sick they must have pre-planned it because Tara's tweet clearly noted these hosts and not Joy/NutMeg.

Maybe that is why Whoopi clarified for no apparent reason that they were  not gone permanently.  Maybe Tara's post got people buzzing about what is up.

• Love 9
(edited)

So I tuned in for the first time in forever because I knew her Majesty of the Copper State wasn’t going to be there, and boy was I not disappointed. What an enjoyable show. Everything was cohesive, everyone was able to talk, there was no tension, or eye rolling and undertalking...basically it was like four accomplished and mature women sharing their views. What made it better is that nearly everything they talked about would have triggered screeching from Meghan had she been there. “Keep your hands off my guns! I’m the biggest gay advocate that has ever advocated! Did I mention how close I was to MY FATHER, John McCain? We’re the closest father and daughter EVER!” It was fantastic to not have to deal with that. Tara is an excellent addition to the show and I hope that they are considering her as a front runner to replace the princess. With all the shit that Meghan has stepped in over the past few weeks, the streets have definitely been talking, and I’m sure the executives at Disney have been too, which is why Whoopi said what she said, to try to clear away some smoke from the fires Meghan has set. I know these days all publicity is good publicity, but Disney historically doesn’t play that, and is hard core about their wholesome and inclusive image. Only time will tell, and I hope Joy is okay.

Edited by Angelsmom1009
Grammar
  • Love 21

Really, really enjoyed no Meghan today!  

I applaud Tara for having the guts to go against the panel on her comments about Serena Williams.  I like Serena but I've always thought she was a bit of a sore loser.  

• Love 22

Today’s show was fantastic to watch though I wished Joy was a part of it. It felt so nice to watch the ladies talk without the tension of what MM is going to say. It flowed nicely. Usually there’s confusion on whose turn it is to talk because Princess Cactus must get her view in before the commercial break. And wow Whoopi and Sunny were actually more awake in the discussions that I’ve seen in quite a long time! Lol 

• Love 14
37 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I applaud Tara for having the guts to go against the panel on her comments about Serena Williams.  I like Serena but I've always thought she was a bit of a sore loser.  

I agreed with Tara. I think Serena was pulling a diva move by wanting to get out of there NOW. She knows everyone needs to wait to have there turn with the media. (I just hate how some people regard Beyonce, and now Serena, as queens who can do no wrong.)

Btw, Whoopi totally referred to her as Sabrina. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 15
(edited)

I thought Whoopi was actually fun for the first time in a while today. I hope she's aware of it and realizes that the reason everybody is tense is because of the snowflake she inflicted on this show.

If Ana can't be there everyday, then Tara would be a good replacement for McCain. I don't think there's anything wrong with Abby aside from general disagreement with her opinons.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 11
(edited)

I hope Joy is back soon and Meghan takes a long vacation.  During today's show I kept thinking of little cracks that Joy would inject to add humour; those keep me watching. The only thing Joy did was offer up the word "metaphor" when Me-gun was looking for a word to soften her assassination plot.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, pinguina said:

I really enjoyed the show today!!!

It was interesting to hear everyone finish what they wanted to say.  And even though I didn't agree with Tara about guns.  She made a good point about restraining orders for guns. Where a gun is taken away for a short period (like time-out for kinders).  

I thought so too. The sad part is, if MM was there I don’t think Tara would have been able to make or at least finish her point.   It was a point of view I never considered and one both the left and right could support to some extent.

The tone today was so refreshing.  Very little talk about democrats and republicans.  Very little all or nothing or winners/losers talk.   Can we get more of this?

• Love 16
37 minutes ago, After7Only said:

The tone today was so refreshing.  Very little talk about democrats and republicans.  Very little all or nothing or winners/losers talk.   Can we get more of this?

I liked that they actually stayed on topic and had time to articulate their ideas/opinions without someone hijacking the conversation and changing the subject.  
You're right it was refreshing because they were talking about what was going on, not a democrat vs. republican thing.  It was a really hot topics not "Let's talk about how great I am to the LGBT community and my FATHER and I'm the only voice of the republican party and I'm a conservative and I shoot guns and I'm a badass".

• Love 16
5 hours ago, bannana said:

Maybe that is why Whoopi clarified for no apparent reason that they were  not gone permanently.  Maybe Tara's post got people buzzing about what is up.

Hmmmmm.  Isn't that what Barbara used to say during the summers when they were trying out new combos?

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I agree today was refreshing without Meghan although I very much missed Joy.  I'm concerned that Whoopi lumped the two of them together in her "down for the count" excuse.  If she had said, "Joy took the day off and Meghan's down for the count," I'd feel a little better, but as much as I hope they're trying new combinations to get rid of Meghan, I hope that doesn't mean they're thinking about getting rid of Joy, too.  I can't imagine they'd do that since they went to all the trouble of bringing her back, but you never know.  It's a puzzlement.😕 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, pinguina said:

I liked that they actually stayed on topic and had time to articulate their ideas/opinions without someone hijacking the conversation and changing the subject.  
You're right it was refreshing because they were talking about what was going on, not a democrat vs. republican thing.  It was a really hot topics not "Let's talk about how great I am to the LGBT community and my FATHER and I'm the only voice of the republican party and I'm a conservative and I shoot guns and I'm a badass".

Ditto to all thats been said about today.  I wanted to add, is it me or were the talk segments longer, and the cutting to commedcials were fewer and farther between.  Just an observation.  Maybe wishful thinking haah

• Love 6
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Tammee said:

Ditto to all thats been said about today.  I wanted to add, is it me or were the talk segments longer, and the cutting to commedcials were fewer and farther between.  Just an observation.  Maybe wishful thinking haah

It may just be that people were able to fully express their thoughts between commercials without being interrupted every half-sentence, so the segments seemed longer.  

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I didn't hate today's show, other than missing Joy, and not wanting to buy any products at affordable prices.

Edited by nokat
Misspelling.
  • Love 11

It was a great show!  Everyone was able to express their thoughts.  Even if they disagreed they showed respect.  All that and view your deals under$20.  It felt like Christmas.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I thought Whoopi was actually fun for the first time in a while today. I hope she's aware of it and realizes that the reason everybody is tense is because of the snowflake she inflicted on this show.

Aside from a few annoyances here and there, I agree with you. The entire vibe of the show was much more relaxed. In fact, I wrote ABC a positive email for the first time ever about yesterday's show. 😁

• Love 11
(edited)

I am soooo not religious but Whoopi, please, no, do not try and Whoopi-splain the Bible to us. Cringe. 

*I initially made a comment about Whoopi's Valley Girl voice but deleted it because I remembered that I made a vow to not ever complain about it ever again after she so masterfully used it on the Arizona Princess a while back. 

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 10
  • Love 10
(edited)

Thank the Lord Meghan isn't there to ruin the conversation about Nikki Haley's ridiculous comment equating pro-choice with anti-feminism. None of them would've been able to complete a single sentence.

I agree with Sunny about Republicans - they're supposedly all for small government when it comes to guns, yet they want to regulate what women do with their bodies. 

And unless I missed something, I've never heard Whoopi claim to be pro-life before. I guess she was trying to make a point similar to Sunny's? 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19
16 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Thank the Lord Meghan isn't there to ruin the conversation about Nikki Haley's ridiculous comment equating pro-choice with anti-feminism. None of them would've been able to complete a single sentence.

I agree with Sunny about Republicans - they're supposedly all for small government when it comes to guns, yet they want to regulate what women do with their bodies. 

And unless I missed something, I've never heard Whoopi claim to be pro-life before. I guess she was trying to make a point similar to Sunny's? 

I think Whoopie meant being pro choice doesn't make you anti life.

• Love 17

Oh no ladies- don't try to explain Jeopardy, especially if you didn't watch James' amazing run.  He played hard, won and lost graciously (take a note, Sunny) & will be fine.  On last night's show, he didn't get two of the three Double Jeopardy clues and his opponent was able to capitalize on them, just as he would have.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16

When they played the ad, that they play everyday, with the cohosts and politicians saying you should come to The View if you're running for office, was Meghan featured?  She always has been in the past, but, was she today?  I'm not sure she was, but, it may be wishful thinking.

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I think Whoopie meant being pro choice doesn't make you anti life.

That was my take.

I am pro-choice (and pro-life, so I get it), but that bit of confusion aside, I think she thinks her "You don't have to have an abortion if you don't want one," argument is a lot stronger than it is. 

On the upside, I think she must be starting to feel more like herself, because she had a lot to say today.

20 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

When they played the ad, that they play everyday, with the cohosts and politicians saying you should come to The View if you're running for office, was Meghan featured?  She always has been in the past, but, was she today?  I'm not sure she was, but, it may be wishful thinking.

I just went back and watched. Meghan's all over that ad, sorry to say.

I don't think they'll dump her at all. She gets the show a lot of attention.

Also, if I'm wrong about that, I don't think we'd see her truly gone  until the new season. 

4 minutes ago, ari333 said:

Loved the show today. Glad Joy is OK and back

I  always enjoy Wanda

Joy's a trouper. I'm surprised she came back so soon, because of the lights. No wonder she had to wear the shades. 

I'm just getting to the Wanda segment now. I love her too. 

• Love 13
(edited)

For me, Wanda is always funny. She is a great guest on any show and great standup. And also she's a good actress imo

I didn't really know about Swalwell (sp?) before today. I had heard a mention or two

Edited by ari333
  • Love 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ari333 said:

I didn't really know Swalwell (sp?)

He’s on Rachel Maddow’s show frequently. Very smart guy but I’m not sure what he has to offer that other candidates don’t have. Of course The View didn’t give him any opportunity to tell us why he’s different. The front runners get 3 segments, everyone else gets a rushed single segment. 

I didn’t get to see Jeopardy last night but friends have said they think James threw the game. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Haleth said:

He’s on Rachel Maddow’s show frequently. Very smart guy but I’m not sure what he has to offer that other candidates don’t have. Of course The View didn’t give him any opportunity to tell us why he’s different. The front runners get 3 segments, everyone else gets a rushed single segment. 

I didn’t get to see Jeopardy last night but friends have said they think James threw the game. 

I think James threw the game too because of his low wager. It may have been as monotonous to him as watching the show had become to me. 

• Love 9
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I read an article that quoted James about how he made his final Jeopardy bet. Emma Boettcher was in the lead going into final Jeopardy. He knew she would bet enough to beat him, even if he bet everything and gave the correct answer.

He wasn't sure he knew the answer. He knew it was a strong category for her. So, he bet enough to beat the third contestant, if a fluke happened and Emma lost.  (He was pretty sure she was more sure of the answer than he was.)

Did anyone else kind of cringe when Ana said her dog looked like Wanda?

Ana was referencing their hair, and I don't think there was a drop of malicious intent, but I just wished she hadn't said it. It was ill-considered, insensitive, and inappropriate. I think Wanda took it in stride, but it made me so uncomfortable.

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Anna is actually very funny, although many of he asides are ignored by the other people at the table.  She looked really cute today and obviously lives the new puppy. 

And no, I’m sure she meant no disrespect to the wonderful Wanda. 

This show is soooooooo good when Meghan the Monster isn’t there!

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I'm agreeing with everyone that today's show was enjoyable & I love Ana...she is so funny & looked so cute today with the flower in her hair & she was wearing one of Whoopi's tops 🙂  I'm also happy to know Joy is OK and said cataract surgery was 'no big deal"...I have been told I need cataract surgery & have been putting it off...but now that I know Joy did OK with it, I guess I should go ahead & get it done too 🙂  Joy looked glamorous in her big sunglasses.

• Love 17

So happy to see Joy back today. It’s not The View without her. She’s right about the creepy doublespeak that has become common now. Her joke about only seeing white while talking to Whoopi was hilarious, and so was Whoopi's reaction.

Whoopi was in a good mood again today. One of the few topics I actually enjoy hearing from Whoopi on is abortion. Most of the time her thoughts are meandering or nonsense, but I enjoy hearing her talk about that subject. Maybe personal experience is the difference?  I think Ana is the closest to a re-creation of Joy that I’ve seen on this show. She can be funny, serious, relatable, tactful, occasionally profound—she has it all. I appreciate Sunny for her legal expertise, calm-headedness, and how prepared she always is, but Ana’s right there with her for me. I see Ana as Sara’s true replacement because she completes the trio of good panelists that Sara, Joy, and Sunny were for this show. Those three are what pulled this show up out of the trainwreck caused by Raven, McCarthy, and the Whoopettes.

I love Wanda Sykes. Too bad she didn’t get more time. I didn’t mind Swalwell either, even though I didn’t really know him before now. Too bad Moss, Kaling, and RuPaul couldn’t be on days when the monster is out, too. I wish Tara had been there with the rest of the ladies today, but I’m just happy to have a day of The View again. This is what the show really is and should be. Relegate the screaming, faux-crying, tantrums, tension, histrionics, and general idiocy to Bravo and E! where it belongs.

• Love 23
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Ana is so in love with her new puppy that everything reminds her of it.  She wasn't wrong about it matching Wanda's hair & I don't think there was an ounce of malice or disrespect.

Oh, I agree, but I did have a little cringe

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

I saw a great sign while watching the protests in St. Louis - If my uterus shot buletts you wouldn’t regulate it. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 13