Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/3/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Haleth said:

It was a good interview with Elizabeth Moss. 

I refused to watch it. She belongs to a cult that basically enslaves the Sea Org, including 18 hour days, forced abortions, million year contracts, and picked over old cold food to eat. 

56 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I wish someone had the balls to ask Elizabeth Moss how being raised in the cult of Scientology has influenced her portrayal of Offred.  

Thank you!  She is never held accountable for this. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I refused to watch it. She belongs to a cult that basically enslaves the Sea Org, including 18 hour days, forced abortions, million year contracts, and picked over old cold food to eat. 

1 hour ago, deirdra said:

I don't understand what this all means. Could someone explain it (maybe in the Small Talk thread since it's probably off-topic). I mean no offense or disrespect to anyone for asking. I guess I live under a rock!

Edited by longobongo
  • Love 6

Elizabeth's Moss' parents were in that religion and brought her up in it, it's not like she just decided to join it. She came by it honestly, just like we all did through our parents. Why she continues it, and we don't know that she does, is beyond me. I don't  care, I think she is a fantastic actress. She killed it in Mad Men. LOVE LOVE LOVE HER. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

They really need to turn off Meghan's mike when she refuses to shut up.  Obviously she's never going to have any manners and no one is going to bitch slap her, so, turn her off.

Stands in line to bitch slap her, with a very large trout.

• LOL 12
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

Not only is Megan not getting lasagna she also not getting invited to Joys therapy thing. 

Speaking of Joy's psychodrama sessions, I noticed that Joy described it as therapy that helps you deal with people who are mean to you.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

Speaking of Joy's psychodrama sessions, I noticed that Joy described it as therapy that helps you deal with people who are mean to you.

Yep.  The word she used is bullies

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Cementhead said:

Oh, we forgot to mention this nugget from when the show first started.  Meghan says her husband always stands up for her and goes hard for her.  #bonnieandclyde   #rideordie 

Whoopi's trying to read a legal disclaimer and Bitch still won't STFU

🙄🤮

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

When Joy comments about her psychodrama group, Sunny always pipes up to say, "We're not invited."  Sunny, do you really want to be in a therapy group with coworkers...or one led by a coworker?  Perhaps you think your comment is funny (every.time).  Give it a break--you're not a comedian.

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, General Days said:

They also didn't "doctor: the Lincoln Memorial to look like a cross, MEEGUN. They "doctored" the Washington Memorial to look like a cross. 

General Days, General Dayyyyyyyys!  Meghan didn't have time to sightsee when she was in D.C. running campaigns, explaining policy, working the Electoral College, drumming up the opposition, visiting family (including all the uncles).  We shouldn't fault her for that teensy faux pas.

• LOL 16
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, deirdra said:

In addition to a grief therapist, she really needs a speech therapist to teach her to propel speech from her diaphragm instead of from the back of her nose.

And...as I comment too frequently...continue the work on her ehh-ohs (L's).  I don't mind a little impediment or lisp (they're often charming), just not on "The View" when she is SO critical and mean.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

ETA: When Sunny said she loves a man who sticks up for his wife (referring to Prince Harry), Meghan said her husband does the same for her.

Of course she did.  If I suggest that she write a book, give her several notes, one-liners, AND the title, should I demand a small royalty if she sells said book?  "How to Turn any Topic to a One-Sided Conversation about Yourself."  

• LOL 3
  • Love 13
10 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Cactuses can die.  I bought one because my cat kept killing my plants by eating or dive bombing them. (Yes, I did have a kitty grass plant and plenty of toys for him. I also put all the plants on upper shelves.)  Within a week Jake dive bombed and ate it.  That poor cactus never stood a chance. 

Born and raised in Phoenix, Arizona...a real outdoor tomboy AND cowgirl!  I got married in 1964, moved to San Jose, California, and went to work at IBM.  The man who hired me was "glad" I was an Arizona girl.  He had a cactus that was "on the mend" and he hoped I'd keep up the treatment.  It died within a month or two.  I blame myself; never liked cacti...but I think it was merely negligent homicide...cacticide.

• LOL 21
  • Love 2
On 6/3/2019 at 6:41 PM, TheGreenKnight said:

I don't think there's anything wrong with Abby aside from general disagreement with her opinons.

Not to worry.  If you let her know you disagree, she'll be happy to reconsider.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

I have to admit I did chuckle today when Megan brought up her Cactus today(talking about the death of pets & she said Cactus don't die & you don't have to do anything to them) and then when she told the story about her Father making her build dams in a creek to work out her Teen angst....that's unusual! 🙂  

I'm surprised she didn't use this as an opportunity to invoke her father's name considering his dog died not too long ago. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I'm beginning to wonder if her cactus is even real.  When she first showed it a few months ago, I suspected she had just got it since it had multiple perfect-looking flowers.  This time she mentioned that "you just spray it with water or something" as if that is something she'd read on the Internet or a blue card, not something she'd actually done.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
(edited)
2 minutes ago, JayD83 said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG New Chapter in View history??!?!  Could it be??!?!

That's right! View Your Deal will be 3 days a week now!🤣🤣🤣🤣🥳 Nope, just the birth of twins I don't give a crap about. The PTB are still trying to make me care about Abby.

Edited by rickhurst3186
Clarification
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
Just now, rickhurst3186 said:

That's right! View Your Deal will be 3 days a week now!🤣🤣🤣🤣🥳 Nope, just the birth of twins I do give a crap about. The PTB are still trying to make me care about Abby.

I know right.  Womp wooommmmp! lol. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

Meghan is so proud that her personal senator, Kyrsten Sinema, is bisexual but since Sinema is a Dem, there is zero chance Meg voted for her. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
4 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

Whoopi is just a little more over the top today than usual. Dare I say I find her more annoying today than I do Megs?!😱

I’m thinking the exact same thing!!

• Love 10

I’m so confused.... during the intro of the show they said they have a HUGE announcement, then the only announcement was that Abby had her babies. Was that the HUGE announcement or did I miss something?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 6
(edited)
57 minutes ago, sevenrings said:

I’m so confused.... during the intro of the show they said they have a HUGE announcement, then the only announcement was that Abby had her babies. Was that the HUGE announcement or did I miss something?

I just started watching the episode now.

Ana was pictured in the opening credits. Could that be it?

Edited by General Days
  • Love 3
(edited)
24 minutes ago, heysmilinstrange said:

Why is Meghan wearing sunglasses? Tell me it's not Joy-related.

They were all (except Whoopi) wearing sunglasses in support of Joy.  

22 minutes ago, General Days said:

She’s always in the opening credits when she’s on. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, General Days said:

I just started watching the episode now.

No, and I can't blame you for missing it. But......get ready for this....WAIT!!! You'll probably need to sit down for this life changing news.....I cant believe I actually get to say it....ok, ok....here it is.....ABBY HAD HER TWINS!!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 Ugh. Nope....still boring and my life is exactly the same.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

When I woke up this morning I had no idea my life would be completely shaken and changed by The View at noon!  ABBY HAD HER TWINS!!!!  OMG!  That is so huge, I can barely breathe!  A-holes.

I'm with you on that Bronzedog. Life as we know it will never be the same. For the last couple of hours , I've been walking around in a complete state of shock. I just can't believe it !

I even switched to CNN to see if it was Breaking News but so far nothing , They're probably waiting for tonight to give it all the attention it deserves.

• LOL 18
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Orillia said:
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

When I woke up this morning I had no idea my life would be completely shaken and changed by The View at noon!  ABBY HAD HER TWINS!!!!  OMG!  That is so huge, I can barely breathe!  A-holes.

I'm with you on that Bronzedog. Life as we know it will never be the same. For the last couple of hours , I've been walking around in a complete state of shock. I just can't believe it !

I even switched to CNN to see if it was Breaking News but so far nothing , They're probably waiting for tonight to give it all the attention it deserves.

How soon will she bring the babies on the show? Next week?  I can hardly wait.  So glad I checked the Forums today; I'm staying at my son's house and he has "cut the cord" (not an obstetrics reference).  I see no news-news! There's nothing to watch but SPORTS - SPORTS - SPORTS.  I assume Abby will be back to full-time work right after a very patriotic 4th of July, right?  Gotta rush to the potty...too excited!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Naw, I doubt Abby will be back until the new season in sept. They have the whole month of Aug off. 

What????  They get me totally underwhelmed by the announcement and then I may have to wait months  to see babies I don't care about?  What kind of monsters are these people?

• LOL 18
  • Love 1