Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 6/3/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Monday, June 3 
Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, June 4
The Political View with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA); Wanda Sykes (“Wanda Sykes: Not Normal”)

Wednesday, June 5 
Elisabeth Moss (“The Handmaid’s Tale”)

Thursday, June 6 
RuPaul (“RuPaul”)

Friday, June 7 
Mindy Kaling (“Late Night”); Jeff Ross (“Historical Roasts”); “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 4

Since I didn't see it in the week of 5/20 thread, I wonder if the ladies will ask Wanda how it felt to play Louise "Weezy" Jefferson in the revival that she, and others did on ABC on 5/22. Unless they did discuss it and no one here thought it was interesting enough to talk about?

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I don’t think they mentioned it. Maybe it was going to be a topic the day they were preempted?

Weren't they preempted last week? Hence the David Letterman episode airing on Friday? Or were they also preempted the week before, too? Since I don't watch, I can't recall. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Since I didn't see it in the week of 5/20 thread, I wonder if the ladies will ask Wanda how it felt to play Louise "Weezy" Jefferson in the revival that she, and others did on ABC on 5/22. Unless they did discuss it and no one here thought it was interesting enough to talk about?

Wanda did a great job!  As did Jamie Foxx.

They didn't discuss it, which is weird.

• Love 6
(edited)

Okay, so in Boston, local news has preempted The View for a Kevin Spacey appearance in court on Nantucket. This tops the list of things I'd rather not watch. 

I WOULD PREFER TO LISTEN TO MEGHAN MCCAIN THAN WATCH THIS.

What's happening on The View? Save me from this hellscape, Primetimers.

Edited by General Days
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Whoopi trying to translate what the Constitution says to the highly educated Tara, or anybody for that matter... 🙄

I can disagree with Tara all day, but I'd rather listen to her explain her position than Whoopi's word salad. 

Very nice listening to Tara, Ana and Sunny not yelling over each other and having disagreements about gun control like normal adults.

• LOL 1
  • Love 23
Just now, Haleth said:

How refreshing to listen to a debate about gun control with no shrieking and temper tantrums. 

Exactly! And did Whoopi try to correct Ana on something about the NRA and Ana corrected her, or did I hear it wrong? Something about someone no longer holding a position at the NRA? 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Haleth said:

How refreshing to listen to a debate about gun control with no shrieking and temper tantrums. 

So Meghan's not there, and Joy's not there?

Our local returned to The View for about a minute, and then the hearing finally started, so they returned to it. The first 8 minutes or so consisted of a local reporter talking over images of Spacey sitting there, waiting for the hearing to begin. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 minutes ago, General Days said:

Both are out sick. So they say. 

3 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Exactly! And did Whoopi try to correct Ana on something about the NRA and Ana corrected her, or did I hear it wrong? Something about someone no longer holding a position at the NRA? 

Wayne LaPierre and Oliver North had a power struggle. LaPierre won. 

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6

Damn it. I wish I could watch. I'll never bother watching it on demand tomorrow.

The problem here is, besides the fact that Spacey allegedly assaulted a young man while in Massachusetts, but that the young man's mother was an anchor or on-air reporter at our local ABC affiliate for 15 years. She just left a few years ago. Her name is Heather Unruh. Spacey's attorney is trying to smear her right now. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Both are out sick. So they say. 

This is awfully fishy to me.  Because didn't we read somewhere last week that both Meghan and Joy would be gone today?  Someone posted about it here somewhere in one of the threads.  I think it was Tara's announcement that she would be on today and we noticed that Joy and Meghan's names were missing in the hashtags.  I tuned in knowing that they would not be on ..... so how are they both "out sick?"  ......

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

So funny, Ana mentioning Barack Obama getting a standing ovation in Canada. 😂

It's sad that 45 is in the UK embarrassing the crap out of us, as usual.

1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

They're all on fire today!  Even Whoopie.

I'm really enjoying this set up, even with Whoopi. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 15
11 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

This is awfully fishy to me.  Because didn't we read somewhere last week that both Meghan and Joy would be gone today?  Someone posted about it here somewhere in one of the threads.  I think it was Tara's announcement that she would be on today and we noticed that Joy and Meghan's names were missing in the hashtags.  I tuned in knowing that they would not be on ..... so how are they both "out sick?"  ......

10 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Tara knew her and Ana were going to be on the View Friday when she tweeted it at 11:20 am.  Meghan and Joy aren't out sick.

Oh, I'm dying to watch this. I wonder if they were sent to conflict resolution school. If so, that's BS, where Joy is concerned. Meghan reacts weirdly to Joy. Joy's been doing Joy on this show since it was in its infancy.

1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

So funny, Ana mentioning Barack Obama getting a standing ovation in Canada. 😂

It's sad that 45 is in the UK embarrassing the crap out of us, as usual.

I'm really enjoying this set up, even with Whoopi. 

Tara hasn't been my favorite. But imagine replacing The Daughters with Ana and Tara. This show would be good. I think they'd help Sunny's path, too. You can tell she's a competitive woman, and I think she'd sharpen her game if they were on with her all the time.

We just came back to The View. I take it they're talking about Serena Williams. Oh, yes, they just said her name.

And HA to Sunny confirming my point two paragraphs ago about her being competitive.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 8
(edited)

I thought Whoopi was waaaay over the top with everything she said & wrong too!!!  The Virginia Beach shooter's guns were purchased legally in 2016 & 2018, for one thing, & that FACT has been known since day one.  She just has to be the center of attention & today was, IMHO, ridiculous!!!

P.S. -- Dominic Thiem IS a big deal & a well-known young player (if you follow tennis).

Edited by Medicine Crow
More info.
  • Love 11

Sunny- "Show me a good loser and I'll show you someone that loses too much" and then Whoopie telling her to walk it back because Sunny loses all the time.  A thing of beauty.  I'm loving today's show.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Sunny- "Show me a good loser and I'll show you someone that loses too much" and then Whoopie telling her to walk it back because Sunny loses all the time.  A thing of beauty.  I'm loving today's show.

Eh? Clearly, I forgot to take my non-stupid pills.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, General Days said:

WHOOPI! MAYBE USE WORDS OTHER THAN "STICK A FINGER IN," WHEN ENCOURAGING MEN TO STAND IN AS FATHERS TO THOSE GIRLS WHO LACK ONE.

Oh dear lord. I haven't seen it yet. She is terrible.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, General Days said:

WHOOPI! MAYBE USE WORDS OTHER THAN "STICK A FINGER IN," WHEN ENCOURAGING MEN TO STAND IN AS FATHERS TO THOSE GIRLS WHO LACK ONE.

Yeah, that was awkward to say the least. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, General Days said:

THIS is a prime example of Whoopi babbling on about every subject today.  She MUST say something, but doesn't have the "language" to say it properly.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Whoopi didn't say Meghan & Joy were "sick", she said they were "down for the count" and would be back in a day or two.  Probably some mental health time.

This show and the spinning of the bullshit.  Wouldn't it just be so much easier just to say "Joy and Meghan have both taken the day off today."  Since it was obviously planned in advance, and people do take scheduled days off of work.  Just so much unnecessary nonsense.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, General Days said:

Our local returned to The View for about a minute, and then the hearing finally started, so they returned to it. The first 8 minutes or so consisted of a local reporter talking over images of Spacey sitting there, waiting for the hearing to begin. 

I sympathize with you, but I’m here for a predator being held accountable. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I took today off from work and couldn't decide whether to watch it live or not.  I can say it was so WONDERFUL to be able to hear EVERYONE with their point of view and no yelling or interrupting and no rolling of her eyes.  Please ABC, before the new season, get rid of Meggie so that we can have a show where everyone is able to give their VIEW.  I may not always agree with what someone is saying, but at least today I was able to hear what everyone had to say. 

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Love 14
27 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Whoopi didn't say Meghan & Joy were "sick", she said they were "down for the count" and would be back in a day or two.  Probably some mental health time.

This better not be like when they did focus groups and found out Elisabeth was hated and the suits decided she was too political and decided to fire Joy in order to be "fair".  Joy is not now and never has been the problem.  It's the shrieking harpies that sit in that seat that are the problem.

• Love 15
13 minutes ago, ari333 said:

"Down for the count?" wth? Is that not a fight term?

Haha yes it is, but can also be used anytime a person isnt feeling well, not up to par, not 100% hence down for the count

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Oh dear lord. I haven't seen it yet. She is terrible.

47 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, that was awkward to say the least. 

30 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

THIS is a prime example of Whoopi babbling on about every subject today.  She MUST say something, but doesn't have the "language" to say it properly.

I think it's because she's a comic/actor. She's an artist. She needs time to formulate what she wants to say. Writers have the same problem talking off the cuff, sometimes.

The point she was making was an admirable one, but her wording? Oy. It took me about 3 minutes to tell my husband, because I couldn't stop laughing.

14 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I sympathize with you, but I’m here for a predator being held accountable. 

Moved this to Small Talk: 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Given that Meghan used that analogy last week, between impeachment and killing the president, its logical that she is in a timeout.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

LOVED the show today. No Meghan is always great, however I missed Joy.

Sunny going OFF on the Catholic church was amazing. Loved the whole pride segment. Glad Meghan wasn't there to make it all about herself and how she's the best gay ally there ever was.

• Love 20

It bugs me so much when everybody says their view, then when it's Whoopi's turn she says "so here's the thing.." or "the thing is..." as if HER opinion is the most accurate or correct. 

• Love 19