Type keyword(s) to search

Julie Chen: Big Brother Is Always Watching

• Start Topic

They sounded aware that their show might be at risk because of Julie’s husband. That’s why Mrs O gave her “worried about the little people chat”. It might stay on, but it will take quite awhile for the dust to settle enough for Julie to come back on. They might need to find a new person to add to the show. I don’t think it will be easy. We might be watching the beginning of the end. 

• Love 5

This is the first time I tuned into this show in years, other than once or twice last season when Eve first joined.  Easy for me to say, but how awesome would it have been for Julie to show up.  I am no fan of hers but I would have been totally cheering for her from my couch if she had come walking out, sat down and just owned the moment that she is in.  Of course it is a moment that her husband has put her in, for sure, but I think it would have been a really powerful moment.  They still could have thrown it to Sharon and continued on as they did.  But like I said, very easy for me to say, of course.  This is her marriage and her career and her private life all rolled up into one.  But man, it would have been good!  I think she is a strong enough person that she could have totally pulled it off.  But then, in all reality, I am sure she is an emotional mess right now, too.  Who wouldn't be?

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 5

Sharon was the worst pick to start the show. Now they all act like they don't really know Les. Glad they at least talked about it and appeared to be supportive of the  women.  Everything sure felt up in the air with the show, with Julie.  I wonder if she has talked to any of the hosts since it hit the fan.

• Love 8

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but hey, that's what these forums are designed for, to over-analyze and dissect, but when Sheryl started talking about how at least the secrets are out in the open now and nobody has to hide and pretend anymore, I was totally thinking she was referring to Julie.  Not the women who are the accusers, even though that is who she brought those statements back to.  Did anyone else get that feeling?  Like as if it was a well-known secret around there and now nobody, including Julie, has to pretend it away anymore?

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 12
8 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Maybe I am reading too much into this, but hey, that's what these forums are designed for, to over-analyze and dissect, but when Sheryl started talking about how at least the secrets are out in the open now and nobody has to hide and pretend anymore, I was totally thinking she was referring to Julie.  Not the women who are the accusers, even though that is who she brought those statements back to.  Did anyone else get that feeling?  Like as if it was a well-known secret around there and now nobody, including Julie, has to pretend it away anymore?

Yes, I was not sure what she talking about and felt like it was more about Julie and/or them. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Cementhead said:

This is the first time I tuned into this show in years, other than once or twice last season when Eve first joined.  Easy for me to say, but how awesome would it have been for Julie to show up.  I am no fan of hers but I would have been totally cheering for her from my couch if she had come walking out, sat down and just owned the moment that she is in.  Of course it is a moment that her husband has put her in, for sure, but I think it would have been a really powerful moment.  They still could have thrown it to Sharon and continued on as they did.  But like I said, very easy for me to say, of course.  This is her marriage and her career and her private life all rolled up into one.  But man, it would have been good!  I think she is a strong enough person that she could have totally pulled it off.  But then, in all reality, I am sure she is an emotional mess right now, too.  Who wouldn't be?

Actually that would have been a great moment had Julie done that though I understand why she didn't. I was only a few minutes in and crying. It was one thing to silently read about it, but even as SHARON went there, my ass was done. The guys came home so I sent it to go to DVR to watch later. I was not expecting such an emotional reaction from myself. 

Ah man....I feel for Julie. And I hardly ever say that.

Edited by FairyDusted
missed a word
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Sheryl knows a lot of things. I am sure she heard about Les. Plus, we have always known that Janet Jackson was treated horribly by the powers that be, it was not surprising to learn that Les Moonves tried to ruin her and did affect her career and others.  

• Love 12

I’ve never been a fan of Julie Chen. She’s been mediocre to average as a journalist as far as I’m concerned. The only reason she’s had these two shows on CBS is because her husband was the big cheese and gave them to her. The talk is basically fluff where she asks these “searing” questions with such a serious tone and serious look on her face but it’s usually just crap like “Would you leave your husband if he cheated on you?”.  I watched a couple of episodes of BB and have read about it for years. OMG. What a bunch of alcoholic, loose, stupid people. Anyone with any pride, intellect, education or ambition would never appear on this crap show. I don’t see how in the world she can come back to The Talk and talk about all of these celebrities who cheat, do drugs, are alcoholics, etc. She needs to devote herself to her child to try to raise him to be a decent human being who knows how to treat women and men and children. What a bum.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Gam2 said:

The talk is basically fluff where she asks these “searing” questions with such a serious tone and serious look on her face but it’s usually just crap

Something like Barbara Walters.  All of the daytime shows are fluff.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Sharon was the worst pick to start the show. Now they all act like they don't really know Les. Glad they at least talked about it and appeared to be supportive of the  women.  Everything sure felt up in the air with the show, with Julie.  I wonder if she has talked to any of the hosts since it hit the fan.

That was very interesting how they all said that they did not know who Les was.. He was just a man in an office who they called Mr. Moonves, give me a break.  I am pretty sure they all socialized with him because he was Julie's husband..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 22
Just now, Apprentice79 said:

That was very interesting how they all said that they did not know who Les was.. He was just a man in an office who they called Mr. Moonves, give me a break.  I am pretty sure they all socialized with him because he was Julie's husband..

Just a tiny bit disingenuous!

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Apparently she got out while the getting was good.

Honestly, I hope the show goes down in flames.

Wow. You have a strong opinion. I am ok with it going but I feel for all of the people that have worked on the show, as well as the other co-hosts who have nothing to do with Moonves’s behavior (which is deplorable). Nothing personal. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Actually that would have been a great moment had Julie done that though I understand why she didn't. I was only a few minutes in and crying. It was one thing to silently read about it, but even as SHARON went there, my ass was done. The guys came home so I sent it to go to DVR to watch later. I was not expecting such an emotional reaction from myself. 

Ah man....I feel for Julie. And I hardly ever say that.

Aaw, Fairy! *cyber hug* 

7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sheryl knows a lot of things. I am sure she heard about Les. Plus, we have always known that Janet Jackson was treated horribly by the powers that be, it was not surprising to learn that Les Moonves tried to ruin her and did affect her career and others.  

The more I think about that the more creeped out I am. Maybe "creeped out" isn't the right term, but it's just so weird that Les would be so angry at Janet for not kissing the ring after the stupid Superbowl breast gate that he made it his mission to destroy her career. That's beyond deranged. 

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Yeah, I would feel sorry for Sheryl and Sara. Sara especially already had a bad experience with the Roseanne revival, now The Talk drama. I wouldn't feel sorry for Sharon at all. If the show were to continue without Julie, Sara should be the host, imo.

Sara looked shaken, this has not been a good year for her.  Sarah should be the moderator, but, Sara is a bit introverted and shy.  

Aisha would have been perfect.  I don't think that Julie will stay.. She will come back and then leave..

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sara looked shaken, this has not been a good year for her.  Sarah should be the moderator, but, Sara is a bit introverted and shy.  

Aisha would have been perfect.  I don't think that Julie will stay.. She will come back and then leave..

Sheryl's a good mod too and Eve did a good job, but yeah. Aisha would've been excellent. I wonder what she thinks about all this? 

As far as the future of the show, I don't see CBS pulling the plug. Especially since the show gets good ratings and is making them money. The only one who should be afraid for their job is Sharon. We've always said we've known Sharon had to have dirt on Les in order to stay as long as she has and look. Now the cat's out of the bag and whoever takes Les's place (and has any kind of sense) would take one look at half the shit Sharon has said and done on the show and kick her waxy ass to the curb. That would be a major and long awaited step in improving things.

• Love 7

CBS is on fire and I hope this show survives. If nothing else I get one hour where I can escape politics. I just want to smoke out , grab a coffee and see who's talking. They are over all well behaved.

*Lemmee just slip outta here before you pelt my ass*   

• Love 5
5 hours ago, SrOfficial said:

Just a tiny bit disingenuous!

Yeah, IMO, in the  same way the Grand Canyon is just a tiny gulley. From what I read, it sounded like they were trying to keep their jobs  not wanting to have to admit that they'd backed the wrong horse for too long but wanted to kiss up to all sides possible.

• Love 8
23 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

It was a bat, and I thought I read somewhere that he thought the bat was made of rubber.

I am not an Ozzy fan, so I don't know all of the details.  I am sure I don't want to know all of the details.

As an animal lover, the last thing I want to hear, see or read about, is animal cruelty.

he also tore the head off a dove he was supposed to release in the room as a joke,  for shits and giggles at a meeting with record execs. sharon was there and the both of them thought this was so fucking funny they were laughing all the way out the door into the street. nasty disgusting beasts. both of them. sickos

• Love 3

Sheryl is the only host I really like on that show. Unpopular opinion, I know, but I can't take Sara at all. I'm not surprised she stayed silent throughout the whole thing, except to say something mind blowing like, "we should believe women". Really? Cause I didn't hear much from you (or anything) when the first seven women came forward.

• Love 9

On Big Brother tonight, Julie signed off the show by signing off as Julie Chen Moonves. That was the first time that she has ever used her married name and it was a signal to us all that she stands by her husband. I don't know how that will play out with her bosses and the viewers. Julie is not staying at CBS. They will buy her contract out. I cannot see her being nice to the ladies of the talk, after they all publicly rebuked her husband on the season premiere. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

On Big Brother tonight, Julie signed off the show by signing off as Julie Chen Moonves. That was the first time that she has ever used her married name and it was a signal to us all that she stands by her husband. I don't know how that will play out with her bosses and the viewers. Julie is not staying at CBS. They will buy her contract out. I cannot see her being nice to the ladies of the talk, after they all publicly rebuked her husband on the season premiere. 

You were right, Apprentice.

Once Julie leaves, trust and believe Sharon will be making veiled digs and insinuations about her like she does Leah and Holly. 

• Love 8

I don't watch this regularly...is there a Sharon and a Sheryl? Cheryl?  Sharon O I know about.  Love her voice; can't stand her.  I guess I never understood the appeal of Julie Chen to begin with...yet she has 2 shows.  I'm sure she paid her dues through the years (and I do not mean her husband connection); but there are lots of personalities that pay their dues and don't have two shows.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kemper said:

I'm sure she paid her dues through the years (and I do not mean her husband connection); but there are lots of personalities that pay their dues and don't have two shows.  

Maybe.  But I think back to the first few seasons of Big Brother.  What was so special about her to survive after the disastrous first season?  She was pretty much reviled and mocked by commenters online, anyone else not allegedly having an affair with the head of the network would have been fired.

I don't watch this regularly...is there a Sharon and a Sheryl? Cheryl? 

Sheryl Underwood, she's a comedian. 

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

If she wants to support him, that's fine.  There are consequences, though.  I would not expect her to discuss the subject on this show.  I think she will probably resign from The Talk - too awkward.  She & Les can go to The Bahamas & live out the rest of their lives.

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, SrOfficial said:

If she wants to support him, that's fine.  There are consequences, though.  I would not expect her to discuss the subject on this show.  I think she will probably resign from The Talk - too awkward.  She & Les can go to The Bahamas & live out the rest of their lives.

It felt like she was trolling everybody and the network.. 

• Love 6
On 9/14/2018 at 12:33 AM, Apprentice79 said:

I don't watch that show anymore because it's too much of a commitment but I watched last night to see her live appearance. She came on. Looked good. Did her job. 

Then she flubbed Brett's name and signed off as Julie Chen Moonves! *Drop the fuckin mic* BAM 

Edited by FairyDusted
I kept meaning to fix her sign off as JCM
  • Love 3

Julie definitely won't be discussing it on this show. She's not even on and the other hosts have completely ignored the new video of the other pig Weinstein (for obvious reasons).

I saw the promo for Monday's show and there was (old) footage of Julie, but no mention if she'd be back. If she's going to resign she may as well rip the Band-Aid off ASAP and get it over with.

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Julie definitely won't be discussing it on this show. She's not even on and the other hosts have completely ignored the new video of the other pig Weinstein (for obvious reasons).

Not a chance in Hell. She rarely offers much of an opinion on things that she encourages the others to discuss. Rarely personal besides a random story about Charlie. If Julie could skate most questions then if Sara does take over this might work in her favor in her style of sharing.

25 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I saw the promo for Monday's show and there was (old) footage of Julie, but no mention if she'd be back. If she's going to resign she may as well rip the Band-Aid off ASAP and get it over with.

I didn't watch yet today so I haven't seen the promo but the stock footage is very interesting.....

• Love 4
On 9/10/2018 at 6:31 PM, Gam2 said:

I’ve never been a fan of Julie Chen. She’s been mediocre to average as a journalist as far as I’m concerned. The only reason she’s had these two shows on CBS is because her husband was the big cheese and gave them to her. The talk is basically fluff where she asks these “searing” questions with such a serious tone and serious look on her face but it’s usually just crap like “Would you leave your husband if he cheated on you?”.  I watched a couple of episodes of BB and have read about it for years. OMG. What a bunch of alcoholic, loose, stupid people. Anyone with any pride, intellect, education or ambition would never appear on this crap show. I don’t see how in the world she can come back to The Talk and talk about all of these celebrities who cheat, do drugs, are alcoholics, etc. She needs to devote herself to her child to try to raise him to be a decent human being who knows how to treat women and men and children. What a bum.

This ^^^^.

• Love 4
On 9/10/2018 at 12:59 PM, Apprentice79 said:

Sheryl is also a rape survivor so I think her emotional response also probably had a lot do with that. 

Pretty sure I've heard Sheryl tell stories about going to bbq's at the Moonves estate and joking about their rich people bbqs being different from black folks' cookouts so I chuckled at her being like "I don't know him" "I call him Mr. Moonves" lol

• Love 8
On 9/14/2018 at 12:33 AM, Apprentice79 said:

i will never understand how a woman who has the means to live on her own, stands by a husband who does something like this. it's understandable how low income woman find themselves staying with abusive or addicted husbands when they are not financially secure. but this makes me angry. you are a fool. he is a piece of shit. 

• Love 11
1 minute ago, FairyDusted said:

I don't know how reliable page 6 is but they are reporting that Julie has stepped down from The Talk.  I'm still looking for further conformation. 

*Sings....Stand by your man...* 

I'd be busy hiding his body about now.

I don't vouch for either website..first time I've visited them.

https://pagesix.com/tv/julie-chen-is-resigning-from-the-talk/

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/09/julie-chen-boss-hell-talk-exposed-husband-les-moonves-sexual-misconduct-scandal/

• Love 4
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

I don't know how reliable page 6 is but they are reporting that Julie has stepped down from The Talk.  I'm still looking for further conformation. 

She would be too much of a distraction if she stayed.  We do have Sharon, who is perfectly capable of taking over.  (OMG, I'm cracking myself up)

Edited by SrOfficial
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

*Sings....Stand by your man...* 

I'd be busy hiding his body about now.

To be a fly on that wall...

• Love 8
1 hour ago, junemeatcleaver said:

TVLine has confirmed Julie is leaving.  Figured she was done with the show, and there was no doubt after calling herself by her married name on Big Brother Thursday.

Julie and Les will enjoy their piles of money and the rumored support Moonves still has in Hollywood.  Goodbye.

How long until Julie files for divorce?   At some point, she will realize that her husband is a monster.

I knew that as soon as Sharon rebuked her husband Les, Julie was not coming back.  I have a feeling that Julie will keep in touch with Eve, Sheryl and Sara. I don't think that she will ever speak to Sharon.  

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

How long until Julie files for divorce?   At some point, she will realize that her husband is a monster.

I knew that as soon as Sharon rebuked her husband Les, Julie was not coming back.  I have a feeling that Julie will keep in touch with Eve, Sheryl and Sara. I don't think that she will ever speak to Sharon.  

I don't think so either. Those two were never friends in the first place.

I never thought I'd see the day The Talk would attempt to exist without Julie, but it's here.

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

$1,000,000 in computer screen money to the first person that shares the announcement link!!

They aren't starting the show off with her and the announcement, instead they are milking it so people will watch longer.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 5