Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Week 4

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I beg your pardon, but there is no sexier version of Gerard Butler than Gerard Butler himself.

OK. A younger Gerard Butler. Better?

TBTH, I never found Gerard Butler sexy even though he and my brother are exactly the same age.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Nedsdag said:

TBTH, I never found Gerard Butler sexy even though he and my brother are exactly the same age.

I don't find him sexy at all, but I get how others would. He's just kind of there to me. If he were on The Bachelor I don't think he's be one of my top picks even. He's alright, probably wouldn't get rid of him on night one, but it's unlikely he'd make it to hometowns. lol Of course it depends who he's up against. If I had to pick between him and Luke, either Luke really, I'd go with Gerard. If I had to pick between him and Tyler, it's Tyler all the way. Him and Peter might be neck and neck. I'd have to suss out their personalities more. 

• Love 3

It’s really going to be interesting to see if Hannah does still give Luke P a rose, because you can tell she is SERIOUSLY hot for him and wants him to not be the seasons villain (even if he totally is) and is desperately looking for excuses to keep him around, how the guys will react. Will it change how they feel about Hannah? At least a little bit?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Nedsdag said:

I've read the following comparisons:

• James Dean
  • Rupert Friend
  • Patrick Swayze
  • A nameless TV/Movie western actor from the 50s and 60s
  • A hotter Luke Perry
  • An EXTREMELY hot Matthew Perry

Have I left anyone out?

I was going to say “Atticus Finch,” which turns out to be Gregory Peck. I think some of these other men are more accurate, but he does have an old Hollywood, classic B&W movie actor thing going. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I was going to say “Atticus Finch,” which turns out to be Gregory Peck. I think some of these other men are more accurate, but he does have an old Hollywood, classic B&W movie actor thing going. 

I see a little Atticus/Peck in there. I think Tyler is smart sexy, a thinking girls sexy. I see some James Dean with the swagger too. He definitely comes across as more Old Hollywood to me. I could see him in a suit, hat cocked to the side, cocktail in his hand as he gives me a look from the other end of a smoke filled bar. Our eyes meet, he smiled knowingly. I feel my heart race as he slowly comes over, smooth, he knows he's got me. There's no need to rush. "Hey doll," he says with a nod. Out of nowhere the bartender comes over with a drink for me. He's that smooth. 

Or, you know, whatever. It's not like I spent all last night fantasizing about him or anything. Why would you even think that? No. Didn't happen. 

*whew, I think they bought it. Now back to fantasizing.... "Do you come here often?" swoon*

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I worked with someone who has the same first name as me and everyone used our initial to differentiate. You need to do it somehow. In my camping group there was someone with my name as well and she was called the Other. lol Gotta have some way to tell them apart and I guys don't have the option of Nice Luke and Psycho Luke, though I bet they wish they could call them that. lol 

Exactly, I think it IS natural.  That's what we did as kids - if we had popular names we were known by our last initials.  Nowadays you might use other identifiers - Tall Chris or Anna's Chris or whatever, but you're still going to use SOME identifier to be useful in conversation.

The reason I say Nice Luke versus Psycho Luke is that I'm very bad at remembering initials.  Very bad.  I never got the handle on the Hannahs last season until the end.  I think that this one is Hannah B (Brown she said) and the little cute one was Hannah G.  But during the season I could never nail it down.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3

I finally figured out what it is I dislike so heartily about HannaB.

Her lady stiffie for Luke (Soon to be the only one so why bother with the) P.

Come on, y'all know she's sending the other one home next week. COME ON, he came against her sweetie! He must go!

I predict this asshat will make it allll the way to overnights before she finally wakes up and sends him packing ("I've had sex and Jesus still loves me" HAS TO BE about LUKE!!! HAS to be!!!)

He's a (supposedly) devout Christian and is against sex before marriage. What do you think is going to happen when he finds out he's probably the ONLY GUY she's not screwing during the overnights? He's gonna judge the hell (heh) out of her and she's gonna finally see that lady stiffie deflate and send him home.

Sorry but I have zero respect for a little girl who thinks with her genitals. The same way I have no respect for a little BOY who thinks with HIS. She's only keeping him through all this drama and red flags because she's hot for him and at 24? That's right up there with soul mate status. (Apologies to the more mature, rational 24-year-olds on the board...)

• Love 2

I don't find Tyler attractive at all.  The cheese stands alone.

Maybe it's his meathead-like way of speaking.  A hint of Sopranos.

Maybe it was his silly dance in intro's.

Maybe it was the way he really just brushed Hannah's tears aside, not letting her talk about it, but making sure it was going to be a fun day.....for him.  

Just rubs me the wrong way.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, hnygrl said:

I finally figured out what it is I dislike so heartily about HannaB.

Her lady stiffie for Luke (Soon to be the only one so why bother with the) P.

Come on, y'all know she's sending the other one home next week. COME ON, he came against her sweetie! He must go!

I predict this asshat will make it allll the way to overnights before she finally wakes up and sends him packing ("I've had sex and Jesus still loves me" HAS TO BE about LUKE!!! HAS to be!!!)

I know the conversation has to be with him, but I still wonder how it starts, like does he straight up ask if she's been having sex in the fantasy suits? 

On a similar note, Hannah is rolling around in a bed with Tyler next week in his kilt and Luke is on that date according to the preview.  Tyler doesn't strike me as a kiss and tell guy buuuut Luke HAS to find out.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, hnygrl said:

Unpopular opinion (I think).

I cannot STAND her VOICE!!!! UGH.

Smile smile giggle giggle dumb as a stump.

GOOD LORD I can't STAND HER when she opens her MOUTH. She's pretty, but when she speaks? God Help me. I watch her mostly on mute. With subtitles. It's tolerable then.

Yeah, she sounds stupid and flaky, and SHRILL.  And the non-stop giggling was bad enough, but "Rilly"  annoyed me when she was giggling about the guys knocking each other down in rugby.  And the giggling over giving them electric shocks last week.  

Oh yeah, and the way she says RILLY instead of REALLY, RILL instead of REAL.  

AND - her eyebrows remind me of :

angry.png

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Hannah is cute and seems fun/funny at times but I just don’t see a lot of depth there. I don’t really see her connecting seriously with any of these guys. I am on the Tyler train so I actually think he deserves someone better/deeper/more intelligent. Hannah seems really surface level with all of this. Like who is she, what does she do or like or value? Besides being rilly rill. I feel like after every date or encounter she’s running back to the producers to ensure she’s playing her role properly to the camera. 

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if she was hospitalized due to starving herself. She seems like a perfectionist who is acutely aware of how she looks at all times. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I could see him in a suit, hat cocked to the side, cocktail in his hand as he gives me a look from the other end of a smoke filled bar. Our eyes meet, he smiled knowingly. I feel my heart race as he slowly comes over, smooth, he knows he's got me. There's no need to rush. "Hey doll," he says with a nod. Out of nowhere the bartender comes over with a drink for me. He's that smooth.

Excuse me while I run down to the corner to buy a cigarette (or two) for @Mabinogia.

• LOL 10

You should listen to Ashley I interview Hannah on the Almost Famous podcast. It’s quite interesting. I think Hannah has put a lot of pressure on herself over the years and has a lot of angst for someone so young. But she also has a lot of personality. She commented she did not like how a lot of the guys were dressed on night one. She could be pretty snarky!

I actually rewatched parts of last night’s show. I wanted to see my 3 TV boyfriends (Jed, Tyler and Peter). And they didn’t let me down.  I could sort of believe Jed’s confession. I mean really, who doesn’t come on this show thinking they’ll get something out of it?! And Tyler....well, it’s all been said in this thread. ❤️❤️       I also love how Peter said he hopes they talk more about Hannah and less about the Lukes. Smart boy, my boyfriend!

And I was mistaken. I thought Tyler was talking about his grandfather, but I do think it was his dad. If he makes it to HTD’s, I’m sure we will “meet” him. 

• Useful 1

Just watched last night. 

I keep thinking of Jed as Wes. So much so that when Hannah called him "Jed", I thought, "Wait isn't he Wes?"

I liked the second one on one guy - Tyler??

I felt a little sorry for Luke P. From what I saw on TV the body slam was done in the heat of the moment and I don't know why an apology wasn't sufficient. On the other hand, he does like to lie about what the guys said to him. He's weird.

• Love 2
On 6/3/2019 at 8:28 PM, nutty1 said:

I like Hannah's hair color.

I had to rewind. I thought Tyler said his possum also died! 😮 

I thought I heard that, too!

So I'm also heading the the very small corner that houses those that do not find Tyler attractive.

I had the episode on, but only listened to it (not watch) bc I was working on the computer, and boy does that give one a whole different perspective on things!

I did not hear any kind of romance between Jed and Hannah, I actually thought he was on the verge of being sent home with his confession! No doubt, she's watching him closely now and I don't buy any of his changed heart. Her fake facts were dumb and only solidified that young people aren't really taught history anymore which makes me sad. Maybe she does know it and was being funny (obviously) but for some reason it annoyed me.

Tyler is feeding her all the smooth lines, esp last week with his woman run the world schpiel. Huge eye roll. I think her first instinct is correct.

I don't think the Luke incident was all that bad and it didn't sound to me like Luke P lied to Hannah. I mean, the other Luke DID sort of "force" him to go tell hannah by way of peer pressure, and also dude, go defend yourself. I also hate the gang-up, the moral police and philosophers. Like, it's the Bachelorette, you can't tell me any of these dudes are super serious about getting married soon. I think Luke P translated the "info" in a different way, maybe unintentionally maybe not. It's like the telephone game. Either way, I don't even care.

And get off my lawn!

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

On a similar note, Hannah is rolling around in a bed with Tyler next week in his kilt and Luke is on that date according to the preview.  Tyler doesn't strike me as a kiss and tell guy buuuut Luke HAS to find out.

Ohhhhhh, wouldn't it be hilariously ironic if Luke walked in on Hannah in a compromising position with another guy after their Very Innocent Massage was interrupted a couple of weeks ago... 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I felt a little sorry for Luke P. From what I saw on TV the body slam was done in the heat of the moment and I don't know why an apology wasn't sufficient.

YMMV but based on what we could see, I can't buy this was was done in the heat of the moment. The guys weren't even playing at the moment. You actually see most of the other guys just walking around in the middle of the field and Luke P. and Luke S, were alone near the edge of the field.

Neither had the ball, there was no active play happening. It really looked like Luke P. literally just picked the dude up and body slammed him to the ground. And frankly I'm more side-eyeing the producers for letting this slide. But anything for good television I guess. 

56 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

I don't think the Luke incident was all that bad and it didn't sound to me like Luke P lied to Hannah. I mean, the other Luke DID sort of "force" him to go tell hannah by way of peer pressure, and also dude, go defend yourself. I also hate the gang-up, the moral police and philosophers.

I have always hated the "wrong reasons" gang up myself. It's why I thought the guys attacking Nick on Andi's season for being unapologetic in his approach to going after Andi was ridiculous. 

That said, I don't like to play armchair psychologist but Luke P. fully gives me nutjob vibes and I'm not even having to spend hours with him. As I said before, I didn't care about Luke's quick "I'm starting to fall in love with you" line because whatever. The whole basis of this show is ridiculous in how quickly these people are supposed to fall in love. 

What makes me uncomfortable about him is that he gives me crazy eyes and comes across as angry and possessive. Some of the comments I read on social media during the episode summed it up best. He has dead, glazed eyes.

And as I posted above, I disagree that what happened on the field was not a big deal because again based on what I saw in that clip, Luke  P. literally picked Luke S. up and body slammed him to the ground when there was no competition and game happening at the moment. That is not normal and acceptable behavior, IMO. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9

Luke P is arrogant, annoying, and aggressive.  He's not mature enough for a real relationship (neither is Hannah though). 

Luke S is whiny, annoying, and weakly. .which is ALMOST worse.  I am personally turned off by his over the top self righteous indignation to being tackled by another man during a rugby game.  Yeah it was dirty and he should have stood up to Luke P and said so.. but the subsequent whining, complaining and crying to Hannah about it for the rest of the day and night just turns me off.  

• Love 10
(edited)
26 minutes ago, GracieK said:

Yeah it was dirty and he should have stood up to Luke P and said so.. but the subsequent whining, complaining and crying to Hannah about it for the rest of the day and night just turns me off.  

In the interest of fairness, from how the editing played out, Luke S. confronted Luke P. about what he did while they were still on the field and seemed pissed about it.

Then during the nighttime portion of the date, Hannah asked to speak to Luke P. first, who I guess decided to get ahead of things and proceeded to give his tale about how it was an accident and he'd apologized to Luke S. and it's just that he felt so threatened by Luke S. at the time and "oh by the way, he has no interest in you and only talks about his liquor brand".

And so Hannah asked Luke S. about what Luke P. said which is when he defended himself and gave his side of the story. During the cocktail party, Luke S. again confronted Luke P. about what he said and called him out for lying about him, which is when Luke P. tried to say maybe he misunderstood how things went down. And I think Garret and Luke S. said at that point, "okay, so then go tell her you lied or you were wrong"

Which Luke P. then used as the opportunity to tell Hannah that Luke S. forced him to come talk him up to her and how everything he said before was 100% completely true, all while staring her dead in the eyes and not blinking, like a psycho.

And at that point, Hannah once again asked Luke S. about what Luke P. accused him of. All this to say I don't feel like Luke S. was running and crying to Hannah. He seemed to confront Luke P. directly and his issue and drama was with him.  He just underestimated the full nuttiness of Luke P. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, truthaboutluv said:

In the interest of fairness, from how the editing played out, Luke S. confronted Luke P. about what he did while they were still on the field and seemed pissed about it. Then Hannah asked to speak to Luke P. first, who I guess decided to get ahead of things and proceeded to give his tale about how it was an accident and he felt so threatened by Luke S. at the time and "oh by the way, he has no interest in you and only talks about his liquor brand".

And so Hannah asked Luke S. about what Luke P. said which is when he defended himself and gave his side of the story. During the cocktail party, Luke S. again confronted Luke P. about what he said and called him out for lying about him, which is when Luke P. tried to say maybe he misunderstood how things went down. And I think Garret and Luke S. said at that point, "okay, so then go tell her you lied or you were wrong"

Which Luke P. then used as the opportunity to tell Hannah that Luke S. forced him to come talk him up to her and how everything he said before was 100% completely true, all while staring her dead in the eyes and not blinking, like a psycho.

And at that point, Hannah once again asked Luke S. about what Luke P. accused him of. All this to say I don't feel like Luke S. was running and crying to Hannah. He seemed to confront Luke P. directly and his issue and drama was with him.  He just underestimated the full nuttiness of Luke P. 

I'm not defending Luke P.  He's an asshole, a liar, and slimy.  I in no way find any of those things attractive. 

The rest of it is just a bunch of stupid drama that is entertaining for reality tv, but I wouldn't want to see my man engaging in.  His incessant whining about it to the cameras in talking heads, with the other guys, and with Luke turned me off.  Hannah played her own part in instigating/believing the drama, but my personal preference for a man I'm interested in would be for him to say something like "he pulled a dick move and I didn't appreciate it and I told him so, and now I'm moving on from it.. oh and no, I'm not here to promote my tequila, I'm here for you, he's being ridiculous".  And move on.   If she doesn't want to hear it, she's not the gal for you... and you didn't have to sacrifice your dignity by pearl clutching, self righteous indignation over how wronged you were. It seems desperate and I guess that's what it comes down to.. I don't find desperation all that attractive. 

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, GracieK said:

someone upthread mentioned thAT Tyler made sure he had a good day--so i will say this--forst off, Hannah already almost cancelled a date due to her being sick, and it was obvious that she was ready to cancel this date--Tyler may be ultra smooth, but i do think he did the right thing by cheering her up and it benefitted the both of them---I dont think he did it just for himself. I remember how shocking (lol-most dramatic ever) when dates would be almost cancelled or someone went away in an ambulance). so thats my thought. Tyler is very cute and certainly knows how to sweet talk and i enjoyed that. Peter seems like he always has hip ape arms all over Hannah--i just dont like him

• Love 2
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

YMMV but based on what we could see, I can't buy this was was done in the heat of the moment. The guys weren't even playing at the moment. You actually see most of the other guys just walking around in the middle of the field and Luke P. and Luke S, were alone near the edge of the field.

Neither had the ball, there was no active play happening. It really looked like Luke P. literally just picked the dude up and body slammed him to the ground. And frankly I'm more side-eyeing the producers for letting this slide. But anything for good television I guess. 

That said, I don't like to play armchair psychologist but Luke P. fully gives me nutjob vibes and I'm not even having to spend hours with him. As I said before, I didn't care about Luke's quick "I'm starting to fall in love with you" line because whatever. The whole basis of this show is ridiculous in how quickly these people are supposed to fall in love. 

What makes me uncomfortable about him is that he gives me crazy eyes and comes across as angry and possessive. Some of the comments I read on social media during the episode summed it up best. He has dead, glazed eyes.

And as I posted above, I disagree that what happened on the field was not a big deal because again based on what I saw in that clip, Luke  P. literally picked Luke S. up and body slammed him to the ground when there was no competition and game happening at the moment. That is not normal and acceptable behavior, IMO. 

That was how it looked to me as well. I actually do think the ball was with one of them, but the hit was out of nowhere. Picking him and body-slamming him to the ground was unnecessary and Luke P seems to have blocked it out of his mind with his "maybe my knee hit him" bullshit.

Unfortunately for Luke S, Hannah could not be any less into him. I'm not even sure how he's still here. Her body language in their 1-1 conversation scenes was like she was talking to a person who'd just run over her dog or something. And in fairness, he IS kind of a wet noodle. His attempt to try to convince her that he "liked" her was just so flat.

You could see the light bulb go off in his head on what a dumbass he was to have trusted Psycho Luke.    Oh well, he's getting lots of love twitter and will be able to start shilling tequila sooner than later

Honestly, that's the best case scenario then. He was never going to be a standout on the show and he's definitely not going to win it, so if this brings him a little bit of attention, good for him.

So Nice Luke doesn't talk about Hannah with the guys? Why should he/they when they are hanging out? They are all "dating" her so why does one guy want to hear another guy (or 14 other guys) talking about how they want to shag the woman HE is dating/trying to shag.

Well, except Hannah wants everyone's focus to be on her 100 percent of the time, so there's that warped perspective to it.

I've got to hand it to Luke P for coming up with that one in his "the best defense is a good offense" attempt to get ahead of anything Luke S or the other guys might say. Physical violence? Meh, she spent the whole date screaming for blood, sweat, and tears. Daring to not moon around the house 24 hours a day, waxing poetic about Hannah? Off with his head! That was the very best thing he could have told her to get her against Luke S before he ever said a word.

Tyler is feeding her all the smooth lines, esp last week with his woman run the world schpiel. Huge eye roll. I think her first instinct is correct.

I had the same feeling. I mean, there's nothing else he could really have done in the context of this show, but all I could think was that if she'd acted this way on a date IRL, he'd be bailing out and on a dating app looking for another hookup before the car door even closed. So it was hard to take all the "I want you at your highs and I want you at your lows" seriously. But he was certainly smooth enough about it. 

My general impression of Hannah is that she puts on a fun front, but that she's probably on an emotional rollercoaster most of the time IRL. 

Is Mike here to fight or fall in love? Chill out, dude!

Yeah, I can't get on the Mike train because his interactions with Hannah seem very superficial and practiced, it definitely has more of an "I want to win this show" vibe than a vibe of either one of them actually being that into each other. Even though so much of the show is contrived, it does show through when people are genuinely into each other and I'm not seeing that here. Mike seems most animated and like he's enjoying himself the most when he's in the middle of some kind of drama among the guys.

I'm still liking my old dad Grant even though his near invisible edit has me thinking he's not long for this show. He was the first to pick up his drink and walk away from the Luke vs Luke pile-on. 

• Love 9
(edited)
14 hours ago, GracieK said:

Hannah is cute and seems fun/funny at times but I just don’t see a lot of depth there. I don’t really see her connecting seriously with any of these guys. I am on the Tyler train so I actually think he deserves someone better/deeper/more intelligent. Hannah seems really surface level with all of this. Like who is she, what does she do or like or value? Besides being rilly rill. I feel like after every date or encounter she’s running back to the producers to ensure she’s playing her role properly to the camera. 

Also I wouldn’t be surprised if she was hospitalized due to starving herself. She seems like a perfectionist who is acutely aware of how she looks at all times. 

I go back and forth.  On the one hand, I really like the idea of Hannah and Tyler based on what we’ve seen so far because I think Tyler would be really good for her by helping her with her anxiety and insecurities.  I also kinda think that Hannah fakes being dumb sometimes.  I think she received some “how to get a husband” training and that was a part of it...what she was trained to do to get guys like Luke P, who she was conditioned to see as husband material.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if she was starving herself.

BUT, as I said, I only like the idea of Tyler and Hannah based on what I’ve seen.  If she continues to cry and obsess over Luke (which I fear she might based on the previews), and Tyler continues to have to play the role of the guy that wipes the tears of the girl he wants who is obsessing over the wrong guy, I’m going to be turned off.  It was ok for Tyler to play that role for ONE date, I don’t want that to be his role this season.  I will be screaming at the tv for him to walk off the show and find someone with sense and taste.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I go back and forth.  On the one hand, I really like the idea of Hannah and Tyler based on what we’ve seen so far because I think Tyler would be really good for her by helping her with her anxiety and insecurities.  I also kinda think that Hannah fakes being dumb sometimes.  I think she received some “how to get a husband” training and that was a part of it...what she was trained to do to get guys like Luke P, who she was conditioned to see as husband material.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if she was starving herself.

BUT, as I said, I only like the idea of Tyler and Hannah based on what I’ve seen.  If she continues to cry and obsess over Luke (which I fear she might based on the previews), and Tyler continues to have to play the role of the guy that wipes the tears of the girl he wants who is obsessing over the wrong guy, I’m going to be turned off.  It was ok for Tyler to play that role for ONE date, I don’t want that to be his role this season.  I will be screaming at the tv for him to walk off the show and find someone with sense and taste.

Yep all valid points.  I'm sure Hannah isn't as dumb as she plays off.  In fact when I was trying to figure out some background on her, I saw in her bio she graduated Magna Cum Laude... so she isn't a total box of rocks.  I don't think the pageant queen thing does her any favors in terms of perception either.  With Bachelorettes like Rachel or Andi e.g., their careers were part of who they were and how they were billed.  With Hannah, it's like ok she's an interior designer supposedly?  Why not show some of her work in her intro package?  Or talk about how she graduated with honors from a university. Just give us something other than Roll Tide and pageant waves.  

I guess it comes down to that these shows ARE some of these people's career paths.  She was a communications major.. she obviously wanted to get into media so this was a route she took.  That's how the show has evolved, so I shouldn't be surprised.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, GracieK said:

Yep all valid points.  I'm sure Hannah isn't as dumb as she plays off.  In fact when I was trying to figure out some background on her, I saw in her bio she graduated Magna Cum Laude... so she isn't a total box of rocks.  I don't think the pageant queen thing does her any favors in terms of perception either.  With Bachelorettes like Rachel or Andi e.g., their careers were part of who they were and how they were billed.  With Hannah, it's like ok she's an interior designer supposedly?  Why not show some of her work in her intro package?  Or talk about how she graduated with honors from a university. Just give us something other than Roll Tide and pageant waves.  

I guess it comes down to that these shows ARE some of these people's career paths.  She was a communications major.. she obviously wanted to get into media so this was a route she took.  That's how the show has evolved, so I shouldn't be surprised.  

I went back and watched some of her old instagram stories from before Colton’s season that she has pinned in her background.  In one, she was expressing how she wasn’t where she thought she would be in life.  She thought she would’ve had a good normal job, money, fiancé etc.  She had to have been only 22 or 23 and was already thinking about marriage, and she mentioned she long list of potential kids’ names she had jotted down somewhere.

It seems like she interned at the interior design company during college or right after, and then went back to pageants and won Miss Alabama, which took her on a different trajectory.  The thing is...I can see her living a simple life down south some where AND I can see her doing something media related in LA.  It’s not really clear to me the life she wants.  But her interest in dudes like Luke and Jed, leads me to believe that traditional house-wife down south is still appealing to her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

So, do you guys want to go in on a group application for a Tyler Bachelor season, or...?

Honestly, I loved his intro video in the first episode dancing around like a sexy fool. My friend and I have been yelling for him to bust out some Footloose moves ever since. On the other hand, I don't actually see it there with him and Hannah. I also laugh watching her try to respond to his sexual banter. Dude is smooth and has lines for days, but they're witty and articulate. I don't actually think from a purely physical standpoint that he's THAT good looking (Devin gets my vote for most attractive face although he gets approximately .5 seconds of screen time per episode), but his swagger and attitude and conversation put him to the top as the hottest guy on this show. I was legit mad watching him roll on top of Hannah wearing a kilt in the previews because UGH. Too many sexual feelings. Hannah's a lucky bitch!

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

On the one hand, I really like the idea of Hannah and Tyler based on what we’ve seen so far because I think Tyler would be really good for her by helping her with her anxiety and insecurities.  I also kinda think that Hannah fakes being dumb sometimes.  I think she received some “how to get a husband” training and that was a part of it...what she was trained to do to get guys like Luke P, who she was conditioned to see as husband material.  I also wouldn’t be surprised if she was starving herself.

This is so right on. In my head i've chalked up her behavior to being young but not all women her age fall into this so it's not that. I think we're literally seeing her struggle with what she's been groomed/conditioned to want (via pageants, southern upbringing, everywhere like such as .etc.) and what she wants.  She's still figuring it out.  

I'm on the Tyler train for sure, i love that vintagey look and he does seem calming to her. I will say that one thing that bugs me is that he puts his arm around Hannah's neck a lot. And it sort of looks like it's uncomfortable! And/or he's about to give her a noogie (not sure how to spell that but when you take your knuckle and rub it on someone's head). 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, dirtypop90 said:

I went back and watched some of her old instagram stories from before Colton’s season that she has pinned in her background.  In one, she was expressing how she wasn’t where she thought she would be in life.  She thought she would’ve had a good normal job, money, fiancé etc.  She had to have been only 22 or 23 and was already thinking about marriage, and she mentioned she long list of potential kids’ names she had jotted down somewhere.

It seems like she interned at the interior design company during college or right after, and then went back to pageants and won Miss Alabama, which took her on a different trajectory.  The thing is...I can see her living a simple life down south some where AND I can see her doing something media related in LA.  It’s not really clear to me the life she wants.  But her interest in dudes like Luke and Jed, leads me to believe that traditional house-wife down south is still appealing to her.

That's all fair too.  I didn't mean to imply that you have no substance without a career but it definitely came off that way.  If she chooses to stay at home mom or be a house wife and finds a man that wants that life for his family as well, more power to her.  I guess what is confounding for me is that it isn't clear what she wants in life because she hasn't really articulated it.. .on the show anyway.  And if you don't know, how are you on a show trying to nail down a husband.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Physical violence? Meh, she spent the whole date screaming for blood, sweat, and tears. Daring to not moon around the house 24 hours a day, waxing poetic about Hannah? Off with his head!

This made me think this is why she's all about Luke P. He "beat down" one of the guys she doesn't like and is all 1950s I'm The Boss Man, which seems to appeal to her idea of the perfect husband. I imagine her cheering and laughing if she saw the body slam.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Nedsdag said:

Yes! Oui! Si! Thank you! Merci! ¡Gracias! 

I couldn't think of the guy's name (Grant), but he looks like a sexier version of Gerard Butler.

Garrett looks like a sexier version of comedian and former SNL alum Jim Breuer. 

I'm glad I'm not alone in finding Garrett appealing.  :)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Refresh said:

This is so right on. In my head i've chalked up her behavior to being young but not all women her age fall into this so it's not that. I think we're literally seeing her struggle with what she's been groomed/conditioned to want (via pageants, southern upbringing, everywhere like such as .etc.) and what she wants.  She's still figuring it out.  

I know a lot of people hate Nick Viall but Hannah was on his podcast yesterday (she starts about 15 minutes in) and I was surprised about how articulate she was.  She brings up your point and how she really struggled with that and still struggles with it.  She said she felt like she had to be the ‘perfect girl’ vs. how she is and when she got to college it was really hard for her.  It’s a long podcast but worth it.  She really gets personal.  It’s 100% spoiler free.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I wonder, have there ever been mental challenge dates at all?  Or are all the bachelorette dates about men beating the crap out of each other or having to endure pain for the woman?

For example, chess match.  The smartest one wins.

Group Date D&D.  You have to work as a group and slay that dragon.  Your ingenuity is awarded.  Roll Initiative!

Group Date Escape Room.  Figure it out!

Gorgeous guys actually do this stuff too. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, Biosynth said:

I wonder, have there ever been mental challenge dates at all?

Once there was a spelling bee. Once in ... how many years? I'm sure someone here remembers whose season that was. Seems like the guys weren't all that great at spelling.

If they had a Usage of Pronouns in the English Language test, pretty much everyone would fail, including the b-ette.

If they had a Say a Paragraph Containing No "Likes," they all would fail that, too.

So I guess we have to settle for rugby and roller derby to fill the time slot.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

Once there was a spelling bee. Once in ... how many years? I'm sure someone here remembers whose season that was. Seems like the guys weren't all that great at spelling.

If they had a Usage of Pronouns in the English Language test, pretty much everyone would fail, including the b-ette.

If they had a Say a Paragraph Containing No "Likes," they all would fail that, too.

I remember that group date and yes the guys were horrible spellers. Can't remember for sure which season it was but I want to say it was either JoJo:'s or Rachel's.

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

8 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I remember that group date and yes the guys were horrible spellers. Can't remember for sure which season it was but I want to say it was either JoJo:'s or Rachel's.

I think it was JoJo’s. I remember the guy who won was that lawyer who was really full of himself—but hilarious! He was drinking champagne out of his trophy.

• Love 2

JoJo may have had one too, but Rachel's guys definitely had a spelling bee.  Kenny misspelled Champagne and I seem to remember Eric's word being hilariously wrong -- and his claim to fame was having written a book.  I think the show was embarrassed and wont be putting their hunky cast to the test anytime soon.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

JoJo may have had one too, but Rachel's guys definitely had a spelling bee.

I searched for it and it was Rachel. (My money would have been on Emily, but what do I know.) Josiah won the trophy and yes, drank out of it. (ugh) Some of the spelling faux pas: coitus = quicus, facade = physde, and at least this one was sort of close: boudoir = bourdeaux.

16 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I think the show was embarrassed and wont be putting their hunky cast to the test anytime soon.

I guess this is true, unfortunately. Now we have to watch actions and listen to THs to figure out which ones are the dumbasses. If I were on this show, I'd have a spelling bee AND a grammar contest. And I'm pretty sure I'd have to leave the show alone and celibate. *sigh*

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Biosynth said:

I wonder, have there ever been mental challenge dates at all?  Or are all the bachelorette dates about men beating the crap out of each other or having to endure pain for the woman?

Love! If it was me I'd do sort of a Survivor-style challenge where there's a physical challenge but then a puzzle at the end. You learn a lot about people! I'd also starve them with only rice to eat for a few days beforehand. (Just kidding on the last part.)

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
20 hours ago, Sterling said:

Maybe it's his meathead-like way of speaking. 

I’m with you. I thought he was a total meathead. And although he’s ok looking, does absolutely nothing for me. He just screams player. 

Edited by TiredMe
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Biosynth said:

I would love that. I think it would show a lot about the guys. More than who can bully/beat up who. 

Maybe a follow instructions to build something challenge. Anything that uses their brains and makes them work together. 

I have 0 interest in which guy is willing to kill the others for me. I have 0 interest in watching my potential boyfriend beat down other guys as part of a game. I want someone I can have fun with, buy cheap furniture online and build together while listening to cheesy 80s music and drinking whiskey. I would be a terrible lead on this show because I would not put up with the "good TV" types like Luke and Luke (I don't like either of them because they are both more focused on the competition than on getting to know Hannah.) or Cam. 

30 minutes ago, TiredMe said:
21 hours ago, Sterling said:

Maybe it's his meathead-like way of speaking. 

I’m with you. I thought he was a total meathead. And although he’s ok looking, does absolutely nothing for me. He just screams player. 

Meathead must not mean what I think it does because that is the last word I would have used to describe Tyler. Player, totally but meathead to me means some kind of jock moron. Tyler doesn't seem like much of a jock, that would me more of a Luke, or a moron. That would be more JP Jones. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I've made it my mission to post this whenever appropriate.  This is Eric spelling "Facade".  

DCukVUJU0AAlwQi.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 14
4 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Pete the Pilot:  "Will you be my girlfriend?"  Ugh what a cheese ball!  And they way Hanna flip out over that!?  Jeez what are they 12? 

He was just teasing her, because he is MY boyfriend!! 😀

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Biosynth said:

It wasn't a group date, but I could swear there was a one-on-one escape room date. I want to say it was on Chris Soules' season, which is funny because that guy was a world class dolt. 

The spelling bee was classic and yes, Eric's attempt at "facade" was the first thing that sprang to mind. That was so dumb, it almost circled back around to genius.

Pete the Pilot:  "Will you be my girlfriend?"  Ugh what a cheese ball!  And they way Hanna flip out over that!?  Jeez what are they 12? 

I'm blanking on who Peter is. Is he the guy with what looks to be rapidly thinning hair who's always wrapping himself around Hannah? Not quite on board with that guy, but he hasn't made enough of an impression to really tell. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I would love that. I think it would show a lot about the guys. More than who can bully/beat up who. 

Maybe a follow instructions to build something challenge. Anything that uses their brains and makes them work together. 

I have 0 interest in which guy is willing to kill the others for me. I have 0 interest in watching my potential boyfriend beat down other guys as part of a game. I want someone I can have fun with, buy cheap furniture online and build together while listening to cheesy 80s music and drinking whiskey. I would be a terrible lead on this show because I would not put up with the "good TV" types like Luke and Luke (I don't like either of them because they are both more focused on the competition than on getting to know Hannah.) or Cam. 

Meathead must not mean what I think it does because that is the last word I would have used to describe Tyler. Player, totally but meathead to me means some kind of jock moron. Tyler doesn't seem like much of a jock, that would me more of a Luke, or a moron. That would be more JP Jones. 

Excellent post. I like someone genuine and fun who truly cares about me, not someone who’s all about competing and fighting because of his ego.

• Love 5

This whole Luke S v Luke P thing -- Hannah is being really being stupid. Luke P is incredibly manipulative. I love how he is soooooo religious. Hypocrite much?

In talking about this whole thing, my daughter and I remembered that both of the Luke's were part of Hannah's first five guys. I also then remembered that Luke P looked pissed when he didn't get the first rose. I rewatched on YouTube to see if I was correct. He showed his psycho side even then. He's just in it to win it. 

She should send them both home and move on. There are no sparks with S and P does really stand for Psycho.

• Love 1