Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Week 4

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, sauce62 said:

Just checked out Tyler's Instagram and he is ridiculously hot. I've watched every season and I have to say he is the first guy that has actually made me drool a little. Funny because I thought he was ridiculous in his dance scenes in the intros on the first night, but now I think he's just having fun with it. BDE for sure. He's got the "it" factor.

I'm with you.  I've only watched the bachelorette since Andi's season but I have never felt this way about a contestant.  Sure I thought some were handsome (josh, peter, dean) but I've never gushed over a contestant.  I can't believe I wasn't going to watch this season.  If Hannah chooses Tyler, they will be my favorite couple from this franchise.  She's a sweet girl, striving for perfection, full of insecurities, and He is sexy, calming...DREAMY.  I'm invested.

• Love 8
21 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Big Dick Energy.  Somebody from Toronto tweeted that Anthony Bourdain had it after he died.  After that, "BDE" took on a life of its own.  You don't even need to have a dick to have it.  Some say Rihanna has it.  Beyonce has it.  Etc.

c0a.jpg

Thanks, Ms. Blue Jay. I googled to make sure I really understood and yes, I'd say for sure Tyler has BDE.  

• Love 1

Has there been one episode where she hasn't cried?  When she was sitting on the dock saying this was too hard for her, I wondered if she is just not stable enough for this show.  It's getting old for me, I really don't have any sympathy for her at this point.  I expected Chris Harrison to come out at any minute to counsel her.  I think it would be really funny if she chose Luke P. and then watched the season and saw what a liar he was.  If she continues to act so flaky I wouldn't be surprised if some of the good guys just say forget it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And the line forms behind me. I told ya'll, the minute I saw that maybe possibly stoner drawl about butterflies to Hannah in the second episode and she giddily blushed about liking the way he looked at her, I was gone.

Tyler is the definition of BDE. Dude's got swag for days. He's clearly very confident and I 100% believe him when he said during the night portion of the date how comfortable he's become with himself. Tyler has the right balance of confidence while not being arrogant and obnoxious. He clearly knows he's hot but is not annoying about it. And the heat between him and Hannah - just damn. 

1 hour ago, sauce62 said:

Just checked out Tyler's Instagram and he is ridiculously hot. I've watched every season and I have to say he is the first guy that has actually made me drool a little. Funny because I thought he was ridiculous in his dance scenes in the intros on the first night, but now I think he's just having fun with it. BDE for sure. He's got the "it" factor.

He may not be the best looking guy there, but Sweet Jesus, is he sexy or what?

A few examples:

• If you remember the Jason Biggs "birthing" date when the guys had to "experience childbirth" shirtless, he was lying down and he put his arm behind his back looking oh, so sexy while feeling the pain.
  • The rose ceremony last week when he wore a black suit and a black tie. Ladies, I thought I lost my panties.
  • On the one-on-one date, after she gave him the rose, he gave her one of the most passionate kisses I have ever seen on this show and I've been watching it since Trista and Ryan.
  • He's also funny as well. When they were about to eat the lobster, he said, "I like tail" and they both broke up in laughter.

If dude isn't the final one, he has to be one of the favorites for the next Bachelor along with Peter the Pilot (who totally put the moves on Hannah at the cocktail party) and Mike, who let Luke P. have it tonight ("This is not the Luke P. show!").

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 11
9 hours ago, leighdear said:

Ok, Luke S. can shut his pie-hole now.  Walk it off, cookie.  

thank you. I agree that Luke P was wrong, but he (Luke s)acted super dramatic and bitchy all nite, and i think he is furious that Luke P mentioned his tequila business. and then telling Luke P to voich for him to Hannah--bad move. both need to go. and a bachelor handshake a few seconds into the show? total turn off for me 😞

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

I thought Hannah and Jed's date was a little boring, and that Jed wasn't really into her.  However, I thought Arie's dates with whats-her-name (his new wife!) were incredibly boring and going nowhere, so I'm obviously terrible at spotting these things correctly!

I don't think you're wrong.  I think in both cases we are dealing with boring people, so you just have to grade on a scale. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I don't think you're wrong.  I think in both cases we are dealing with boring people, so you just have to grade on a scale. 

tyler C. he is awesome. Jed is very cute!! Peter--too smooth and full of himself, there is something about him that rings so false to me, i wish I could figure it out. Luke P is a psycho and Luke S is a little whiny moron, I love garret too-whata  cutie!! But the best moment on the show was Tyler C immediately comforting Hannah and having a great day--not to many people could have done that. I felt bad for Kevin--shouldnt have Hannah checked on him? She doesnt seem that interested, in the past an injured person get a little extra time/attention.

• Love 5

I agree.  She could have cared less about Kevin.  The hospital in Newport is about 5 minutes from where they were filming and she didn’t even go visit him?  And then didn’t even seem to acknowledge him at the cocktail party.  Often an injury earns you a rose.  If it was Luke or Jed she would have been there in a heartbeat.  

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

. Luke P is a psycho and Luke S is a little whiny moron,

Well said.  There's nothing worse than a lying, violent bully, but  when a grown man wants to spend all evening whining to the mother figure about how some other boy played too rough and, "He hurt me!"  eh, not a keeper either. 

Wake up Hannah! She saw Luke P for who he was last week with the clinging and acting like they were a couple already because he had declared his love. Then his sudden tight jawed anger after she criticized him a little bit.  I wasn't surprised when the gang said Luke P had been packing his bags to leave, he's obviously one of those guys who thinks all he has to say to a girl is, "I choose you," and from that moment on expects the relationship  to be 100 percent about her telling him how awesome he is.  He's the type who would be jealous of his own children for the attention they get.

If Hannah can't think past how Luke P looked in his tiny speedo then she's as shallow as Ben Flapjack.

Who is the guy who always has the soothing words of wisdom for the other men?  During the game I heard him say to someone (maybe Luke  S.) who was all upset over the rough play, "It's not what happens to you it's how you handle it that matters."  I hear the words but can't always figure out which guy is talking. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Who is the guy who always has the soothing words of wisdom for the other men?  During the game I heard him say to someone (maybe Luke  S.) who was all upset over the rough play, "It's not what happens to you it's how you handle it that matters."  I hear the words but can't always figure out which guy is talking. 

I don’t know about at the game, but Mike always has some high EQ things to say, which is why I like him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

During her date with Tyler, and I don't remember the exact wording, but Hannah said something about trying to be the best version of herself and Tyler responded that he didn't want the best version, he wanted the real her.

That is maturity.  And that's what made me really like him.  

I wonder if her approach to the bachelorette will change.  I agree with others she often comes off as trying to hard.  It wasn’t until her date with Tyler that she stopped putting on a show.  Her date with Jed was such a stark contrast for that reason. I wonder if she will go back to her usual Bachelorette self or take a different approach now. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

That was Garrett, who is really stepping it up and seeming to be an all around great guy. It's a shame he and Hannah have no chemistry, but I would not mind seeing him in Paradise. 

I really came here to get in line for Tyler. I, too, was in the "is he hot or not? I can't tell?" camp for a while. He's got bone structure for days. But that 1-1....holy moly. I loved when Hannah was starting to pull up the lobster traps and he said "stop getting lost in my eyes and focus" and she told him to shut up. That's a tiny glimpse of their chemistry and if she's not head over heels for him, I'll be shocked. They will play up the drama with Gaston  Luke P. because gotta make tv out of something. But I think her top three are Peter, Jed, and Tyler. Honestly I can see Hannah choosing any of the three. Jed doesn't do it for me, but Peter and Tyler are *MY* top two. 

With regard to Hannah, I adore her. I like that she's not super polished all the time. I love her scrunchy nose smiles (those are genuine, I think, vs. her pageant smile), I love how she dives into trying things (the lobstering, for example). I also think, having gone through this phase myself while looking 10x less pretty than Hannah, that her attraction to, and somewhat misplaced desire for guys like Luke, is a symptom of both her age and her inexperience dating. I 100% went through this in the 22-25 range. In fact, my bestie, who I've known for 22 years, and I were just reminiscing about some of the total douchebags I dated when we first became friends. Loved them then, see the reality of it now in hindsight. Not everyone does this, but as one who did, I know it's real. You THINK it makes sense at the time. She'll see it when she watches this back, and maybe even during the course of the show, because I just do not see Luke P. being F1. (fingers crossed).

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, echobravojuliet said:

That was Garrett, who is really stepping it up and seeming to be an all around great guy.

That's him!  Thank you.  Since the line is too long for Tyler, I'll jump over to the express lane for Garrett.  Even in real life I always shied away from the super sexy studs like Tyler.  Unlike Luke P, I'm not a competitor.

I did love what Tyler said to Hannah about not wanting her best self, but her real self.  For all Hannah's talk about being, "rill," I think she's actually lived her life with the beauty pageant mantras ringing in her ears. Always be smiling!  Always look on the bright side!  Put on a happy face!  Never lose your sparkle! Put a bounce in your step! Turn on your very best self! Hold in your stomach! You only have one chance to make a first impression! 

I've looked at a dozen videos of Hannah, starting with her ballet "talent" in her chubby teen pageants.  Her weight goes up and down a lot and I can almost feel the strain she's going through keeping it to Miss Alabama weight for the show.  In fact I think she was smaller in last night's episode than the first two shows.  I hope she does have an honest epiphany during all this, lets her façade slip,  and finds someone who loves her for herself.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
(edited)
8 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

I thought Hannah and Jed's date was a little boring, and that Jed wasn't really into her.  However, I thought Arie's dates with whats-her-name (his new wife!) were incredibly boring and going nowhere, so I'm obviously terrible at spotting these things correctly!

I saw a few comments last night referencing Arie and Lauren when a lot of people commented on Jed and Hannah's date being boring. Admittedly I didn't watch any of Arie's season save for the Finale because I just wanted to see all the drama go down.

But I remember in the aftermath of all that, I saw a lot of people commenting that honestly they didn't know why Arie chose Becca because it was clear he was really, really into Lauren. The impression I got was that sure SHE was dull and completely uninteresting and so viewers found her boring. But it was clear that Arie was really into her despite her dull personality. 

And I feel like that was the same with Emily and Brad. I remember thinking those two were so dull but it was clear that Brad really, really wanted Emily. I didn't see that with Hannah towards Jed though. She was saying all the right things and I could tell she likes him well enough but I didn't see intense attraction and romantic interest towards him. And that's the difference I think with them and a pairing like Arie and Lauren. 

I really came here to get in line for Tyler. I, too, was in the "is he hot or not? I can't tell?" camp for a while. He's got bone structure for days. But that 1-1....holy moly. I loved when Hannah was starting to pull up the lobster traps and he said "stop getting lost in my eyes and focus" and she told him to shut up.

His "I like tail" line when they were eating the lobsters was hilarious, especially the way Hannah almost spit her lobster out laughing. And this is another example of how he has the right kind of confidence.

With someone else, these lines could come across a little slimy or cheesy but Tyler is so deadpan and smooth in his delivery, you want to roll your eyes but can't help laughing. 

One thing I noticed about the part where they were catching the lobsters, is that there was no cheesy romantic music as they tend to have going in the background on these dates. The old mood music to heighten the moment.

Instead it almost felt a bit like raw footage at one point and I think that's because the producers saw how natural and easy Hannah and Tyler were together that they just left it as is. No need to try and force it with romantic music and dramatics because they were doing a fine enough job on their own. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

I saw a few comments last night referencing Arie and Lauren when a lot of people commented on Jed and Hannah's date being boring. Admittedly I didn't watch any of Arie's season save for the Finale because I just wanted to see all the drama go down.

But I remember in the aftermath of all that, I saw a lot of people commenting that honestly they didn't know why Arie chose Becca because it was clear he was really, really into Lauren. The impression I got was that sure SHE was dull and completely uninteresting and so viewers found her boring. But it was clear that Arie was really into her despite her dull personality. 

And I feel like that was the same with Emily and Brad. I remember thinking those two were so dull but it was clear that Brad really, really wanted Emily. I didn't see that with Hannah towards Jed though. She was saying all the right things and I could tell she likes him well enough but I didn't see intense attraction and romantic interest towards him. And that's the difference I think with them and a pairing like Arie and Lauren. 

I didn’t feel it from Jed towards Hannah, either.  It’s hard for me to even see Jed getting down on one knee for Hannah.  People keep comparing them to Arie and Lauren but they are more like Rachel and Peter to me. Rachel wanted Peter; he clearly checked her boxes; she put in ALL her effort on their dates.  Bryan she didn’t trust; thought was insincere; but they had smoking chemistry.  Regardless how you feel about Bryan (he’s not my type either), Bryan wanted her.   Peter was just not into her and would not get down on one knee for her (ever IMO) so I was glad she eventually woke up.  Difference between Hannah and Rachel, is that Rachel is over a decade older with way more relationship experience.  So I don’t know what Hannah will do.

• Love 5

I just heard on Juliet Litman's podcast that someone asked Tyler what his most favorite recent book is. His answer was the Tattooist of Auswitch. Now THAT'S impressive!!

• Love 10

I'm all aboard the Tyler C. train.  His Instagram stories put him on top.  I love a guy who is self-deprecating.  His story about his dad seemed very genuine and the way he told it seemed normal.  Usually the "sob stories" on the one on ones are so formulaic but this story came out like he would actually be telling it to someone he likes and is getting to know.  I don't know if that makes sense but the conversation felt real between them.  

Stray observations:

Hannah's little happy food dance when Tyler fed her lobster was so cute!  Their banter was very endearing.

Why wasn't Darius playing in the Rugby game?  Was that ever addressed?  Is he still injured from the roller derby?  Also - Rugby is 100% a brutal game.  I couldn't believe that they were allowing full on tackles especially since these guys weren't trained.  The producers are lucky only one person got seriously hurt.  

Grant cracked me up during the dueling Luke showdown when he muttered "do we really have to be here", picked up his drink and just walked out which in turn caused the mass exodus.  It felt like a giant F U to the producers.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
Just now, nutty1 said:

I just heard on Juliet Litman's podcast that someone asked Tyler what his most favorite recent book is. His answer was the Tattooist of Auswitch. Now THAT'S impressive!!

In the "he's not just a pretty face" vein, he has an MBA and was on the state winning debate team in either high school or college.

• Useful 2
  • Love 16
(edited)

Peter looks like a little kid!

I'm too old to want him to be the next Bachelor.

Imagine if they made it "the old guy" as you guys call him?  (I'm probably older than him.)  The guy who's always hanging in the back and making sardonic comments to the camera.  He has no chance but the character he plays on the show is so amusing.  He doesn't care about anything.

Regarding, all of our crushes on Tyler - The last time I felt this way about a contestant was Grocery store Joe.  He broke my heart by sticking with Kendall.  Good lord!  

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

For all Hannah's talk about being, "rill," I think she's actually lived her life with the beauty pageant mantras ringing in her ears. Always be smiling!  Always look on the bright side!  Put on a happy face!  Never lose your sparkle! Put a bounce in your step! Turn on your very best self! Hold in your stomach! You only have one chance to make a first impression! 

And this is why it's been hard for me to watch this season.  I can't take it for more than a few minutes at a time, switching channels back and forth, because she's too beauty pageantish.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, echobravojuliet said:

That was Garrett, who is really stepping it up and seeming to be an all around great guy. It's a shame he and Hannah have no chemistry, but I would not mind seeing him in Paradise. 

Yeah.  When they were kissing on the couch, she was doing her leaning back, closed-mouth, brief kissing with him.

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I don’t know about at the game, but Mike always has some high EQ things to say, which is why I like him.

That's part of why I don't.  "Too slick by half" is the saying that comes to mind for me.  Plus, all the talk about there already being 3 queens and she would be the fourth and final, seemed like more humble bragging ("look how well I treat and respect the women in my family").  It was also false because if they have a daughter, there will be even more queens.  And while I know it is good for him to honor and respect the other women in his family, there comes a time when putting those women on an equal plane with the wife can cause real problems in a marriage. 

13 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I love that Psycho Luke is talking about attacked Nice Luke because Nice Luke was making a fist...

That's part of what I can't understand about Hannah's lack of logic when it comes to who to believe in the Luke vs Luke story.  By Luke P's own admission, Luke F was on the ground when he was making the fist, with Luke P standing over him, and, well, has she looked at the difference in body build and temperament between the two of them?

14 hours ago, nutty1 said:

Reminds me of Ben F and Courtney. (That’s not a spoiler or hint). 

Yes, but the difference is that Ben liked Courtney because of those characteristics that annoyed the other girls, whereas Hannah does not like those characteristics in Luke P at all.

9 hours ago, Nedsdag said:

He may not be the best looking guy there, but Sweet Jesus, is he sexy or what?

A few examples:

• If you remember the Jason Biggs "birthing" date when the guys had to "experience childbirth" shirtless, he was lying down and he put his arm behind his back looking oh, so sexy while feeling the pain.
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

In the "he's not just a pretty face" vein, he has an MBA and was on the state winning debate team in either high school or college.

3 hours ago, echobravojuliet said:

I really came here to get in line for Tyler. I, too, was in the "is he hot or not? I can't tell?" camp for a while. He's got bone structure for days. But that 1-1....holy moly. I loved when Hannah was starting to pull up the lobster traps and he said "stop getting lost in my eyes and focus" and she told him to shut up. That's a tiny glimpse of their chemistry and if she's not head over heels for him, I'll be shocked. 

Unpopular opinion here, but I really started to dislike him when he did that arm-behind-his-head thing, because it seemed so self-consciously "look at me being hot".  And adding that "stop getting lost in my eyes" comment, to his MBA and debate team prowess, and I'm worried, for real, that if they try to make a life together, that he will be the kind of guy who uses his hotness against her insecurity to keep her in line and do what he wants.

14 hours ago, jette said:

Kevin looks like David Keith from An Officer and a Gentleman. Super cute 

Years ago I had a serious crush on him!  And I truly crushed on him in the Patty Loveless video for Blame It On Your Lyin' Cheatin' Heart video.  Actually, since I just re-watched the video, the character he plays reminds me a lot of Tyler...knows he's good-looking and isn't afraid to use it, but ultimately that will be his down-fall.  

14 hours ago, SHD said:

I’d rather see Mayhem as a contestant on this show than half these goofballs.

Talk about BDE....Mayhem has it!!

• Love 5

So last week I wrote this about Hannah and Tyler's interactions. 

I feel like at this point, based on her expressions and reactions when with him, Hannah's not fully sure how to take Tyler.

She's clearly very physically attracted to him because he's hot but I think a small voice in her head probably thinks, "he's too hot, too smooth, so probably a player" And so she's kind of wary with him in the, "he's fun and hot to keep around but not sure if she wants to go all in with him". 

And this week we have her flat out admitting to him that she judged him as a bit of a player and so had some walls up around him. Damn, girl really has no poker face does she. Because I read that completely from her body language in last week's episode. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Why doesn’t he mention that all the other guys said they didn’t even know he sold tequila or that it was actually all the other guys idea that Luke P tell Hannah the truth.  Or why don’t all the guys just ask to talk to her at once when she walks in?

Most likely, he did, but it ended up on the cutting room floor because it didn't make for good TV.

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I've looked at a dozen videos of Hannah, starting with her ballet "talent" in her chubby teen pageants.  Her weight goes up and down a lot and I can almost feel the strain she's going through keeping it to Miss Alabama weight for the show.  In fact I think she was smaller in last night's episode than the first two shows.  

Interesting!  I can't imagine her at any weight other than what she is now, but that keeps in line with my theory of why she passed out last week, that she's been starving herself to look amazing in her outfits (which she does!).

Some have theorized that maybe she passed out due to drinking, but I've noticed that she mostly has water in wine glasses.  I think she's forgoing the calories of not only the alcohol, but the food too.  

Edited by Sterling
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

Unpopular opinion (I think).

I cannot STAND her VOICE!!!! UGH.

Smile smile giggle giggle dumb as a stump.

GOOD LORD I can't STAND HER when she opens her MOUTH. She's pretty, but when she speaks? God Help me. I watch her mostly on mute. With subtitles. It's tolerable then.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, nutty1 said:

His answer was the Tattooist of Auswitch. Now THAT'S impressive!!

Sorry but I just have to correct that to "The Tattooist of Auschwitz." Auschwitz was/is a real place that we all should know how to spell.

13 hours ago, Nedsdag said:

If you remember the Jason Biggs "birthing" date when the guys had to "experience childbirth" shirtless, he was lying down and he put his arm behind his back looking oh, so sexy while feeling the pain.

That's because he's a model. The contractor/dancer gig is his sideline. His Instagram account lists his agencies.

I remembered who I think Tyler looks like, Rupert Friend.

TylerC.jpg.36017e76d3eaf62f889e16ab1e10a526.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Unpopular opinion here, but I really started to dislike him when he did that arm-behind-his-head thing, because it seemed so self-consciously "look at me being hot".  And adding that "stop getting lost in my eyes" comment, to his MBA and debate team prowess, and I'm worried, for real, that if they try to make a life together, that he will be the kind of guy who uses his hotness against her insecurity to keep her in line and do what he wants.

We humans are so funny in our differences and what goes v. doesn't for us. I totally see your point (and I'm the one who called out that line in particular) but the arm behind the head thing is about when I sat up a little straighter and took note of him. I read it as someone used to posing (from the modeling) and it came as somewhat of a subconscious movement. Plus it had to just be hella awkward doing what they were doing (I hated that entire stupid segment).

But I am also 100% attracted to men with his brand of swagger and confidence. Dare i say I like and want a bit of arrogance, even. I don't care for the "nice" guy. I want danger, LOL I also probably need therapy. But based on the Internet sleuthing I've been doing, Tyler has a bunch of people vouching for him and saying he really is a great, nice human. And we've seen some fire from Hannah, so I don't know that in real life she would allow herself to be controlled like that. We only see what the show gives us, plus she is in a completely unnatural environment, so.....Time will tell of course. 

• Love 10
1 minute ago, saber5055 said:

Sorry but I just have to correct that to "The Tattooist of Auschwitz." Auschwitz was/is a real place that we all should know how to spell.

That's because he's a model. The contractor/dancer gig is his sideline. His Instagram account lists his agencies.

I remembered who I think Tyler looks like, Rupert Friend.

TylerC.jpg.36017e76d3eaf62f889e16ab1e10a526.jpg

Model is the side gig I think.  He just started, it looks like, after completing his master's end of the last year and then football didn't work out.  His mom said he just took the FL exam for general contractors before leaving for the bachelorette.  I believe his father is a general contractor and after his other passions didn't work out he decided to join the family business.  I think he's modeling for money in between careers.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, echobravojuliet said:

We humans are so funny in our differences and what goes v. doesn't for us. I totally see your point (and I'm the one who called out that line in particular) but the arm behind the head thing is about when I sat up a little straighter and took note of him. I read it as someone used to posing (from the modeling) and it came as somewhat of a subconscious movement. Plus it had to just be hella awkward doing what they were doing (I hated that entire stupid segment).

But I am also 100% attracted to men with his brand of swagger and confidence. Dare i say I like and want a bit of arrogance, even. I don't care for the "nice" guy. I want danger, LOL I also probably need therapy. But based on the Internet sleuthing I've been doing, Tyler has a bunch of people vouching for him and saying he really is a great, nice human. And we've seen some fire from Hannah, so I don't know that in real life she would allow herself to be controlled like that. We only see what the show gives us, plus she is in a completely unnatural environment, so.....Time will tell of course. 

Maybe I do too but I'm with you.  Hannah is 24.  There is really no rush for her to tie herself to a Luke or aspiring country singer for the rest of her life.  I hear a lot of people saying things wouldn't work out with her and Tyler long-term because he's too different but w/e I think they would have just as much as a shot as the alternatives.  And, if chooses Tyler, at least it would be something different for her and lots of hot hot fun.  I know she went to school with and probably dated guys like Jed and Luke.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I have certainly read enough WW2 books, but that doesn't make my spelling perfect!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:

I totally agree re the hotness and likability of Tyler.  Does anyone else think he looks a little like Luke Perry? that is one of many things about him that is really doing it for me.

I've read the following comparisons:

• James Dean
  • Rupert Friend
  • Patrick Swayze
  • A nameless TV/Movie western actor from the 50s and 60s
  • A hotter Luke Perry
  • An EXTREMELY hot Matthew Perry

Have I left anyone out?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

Classic film buff here: he's got Robert Mitchum's bedroom eyes. 

I admit that I wrote Tyler off initially because of his introductory goofus dance, but he won me back last week!

Edited by jette
Spelling
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, sauce62 said:

And Grant is Gerard Butler. 

Yes! Oui! Si! Thank you! Merci! ¡Gracias! 

I couldn't think of the guy's name (Grant), but he looks like a sexier version of Gerard Butler.

Garrett looks like a sexier version of comedian and former SNL alum Jim Breuer. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I feel for Hannah. It sucks when they guy you are crushing on hard turns out to be the biggest turd on the planet and you just don't want to see it. 

I don't think it's that deep, I think she's just incredibly horny for Luke P and pissed off he couldn't hold in the crazy long enough to get away with banging him under the guise of a "soul connection" or whatever so the other guys wouldn't be as mad at/disgusted with her when it happens. It's why she gives him an average of 5 personality adjustment lectures per episode - she knows he's a hot mess and if he were anyone else she would've dropped kicked his ass weeks ago, but she desperately, shamelessly wants to ride his dick. She was just having a meltdown because all the pressure from the other men to oust him means her window of opportunity is closing, especially if she wants to fuck him and still walk away with a solid relationship/legit proposal from a more stable option. We just saw the exact moment it dawned on her she probably won't get away with having her cake and eating it too.

Every episode provides yet more evidence Hannah has a pain kink. Her eyes were positively sparkling with manic glee as she watched the rugby match. She sure did seem...excited...  

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

Luke P needs to get back IN the shower and find God again, because his behavior is the most un-christian, self-serving and deceitful I've seen on this show in a long time. 

Every lie he tells makes baby Jesus weep....he should be ashamed.  

Where's that big old honkin' gold cross he was sporting in the first 2 episodes now?   No "do unto others" goin' on with him. 

Someone needs to smite him HARD.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Nedsdag said:
  • An EXTREMELY hot Matthew Perry

Have I left anyone out?

Aw, come on! 😂  Matt Perry was so hot back in the day.  I always thought he was so beautiful.  Season 2-5 of "Friends" was his pinnacle.

13 minutes ago, Nedsdag said:

Garrett looks like a sexier version of comedian and former SNL alum Jim Breuer. 

Omg. hahahahah this is dead on.

• Love 7

I hate when the guys say “ Luke P or Luke S “ in conversation . They do that every season with people who have the same names and it sounds so unnatural in conversation . No one would talk like that if they were truly having a real conversation. 

8 minutes ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

I don't think it's that deep, I think she's just incredibly horny for Luke P and pissed off he couldn't hold in the crazy long enough to get away with banging him under the guise of a "soul connection" or whatever so the other guys wouldn't be as mad at/disgusted with her when it happens. It's why she gives him an average of 5 personality adjustment lectures per episode - she knows he's a hot mess and if he were anyone else she would've dropped kicked his ass weeks ago, but she desperately, shamelessly wants to ride his dick. She was just having a meltdown because all the pressure from the other men to oust him means her window of opportunity is closing, especially if she wants to fuck him and still walk away with a solid relationship/legit proposal from a more stable option. We just saw the exact moment it dawned on her she probably won't get away with having her cake and eating it too.

Every episode provides yet more evidence Hannah has a pain kink. Her eyes were positively sparkling with manic glee as she watched the rugby match. She sure did seem...excited...  

Yes yes yes.  They teased in a preview a voiceover from Hannah crying and worrying about being judged (not the Jesus still loves me scene).  I immediately thought that was about the other guys questioning why she is keeping Luke P around before this ep, now I know it has to be about her keeping Luke around.  A preview also included a voiceover from Jed saying he didn't understand why Luke was still there.  And the voiceover from last night's preview from Jed talking about a snake has to be about Luke.  They tried to make it appear like it's about Tyler but he's def talking about Luke.  The other men are going to start side-eyeing her BIG time after Luke's latest stunt.  Her crying saying "she's definitely going to do what she wants to do" is prob also about Luke.  Girl wants him BAD.  Very curious how the men will respond.

'Tis the season of Luke P.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, leighdear said:

Good that Jed got that gorilla in the corner out of the way, regarding him just being on the show for music exposure.  Whether it's true or not, he doesn't have to play defense about it now.   

I see what you did there.   ; )

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I hate when the guys say “ Luke P or Luke S “ in conversation . They do that every season with people who have the same names and it sounds so unnatural in conversation . No one would talk like that if they were truly having a real conversation. 

I don't know. We all call my cousin's husband by his first and last name. Done it as long as they've been together and they are married over 40 years! 😁😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

I didn't like this episode.

I resent when the producers force or manipulate me into thinking a certain way. So I'm going to snark shit all over this episode. I don't know whether I'm just being obstinate against the editing... but I have what I can tell are going to be some very unpopular opinions about this episode.

I'm not 100% sold on Tyler. Although that last kiss they had (dancing to Jake Owens) gave me full body goosebumps. I can't really explain why I'm not all in with him, but it feels like he's very recently changed out of his "player clothes" and has donned this new "ready to settle down" outfit. Kinda like getting used to new shoes to me.

Mike is a pot stirrer .. and Garrett can shove his moral police commentary up his ass. 🙄

Luke S irritates me. Maybe because I have a negative filter re his job? He lost points in my book last night. Not that he had many to start with. Too much of a weenie for my taste. 😝

Luke P surprisingly gained points. Yes I said it, but please hear me out! I still dislike him and he needs to leave. I did not like the way he glad handled her off the set 2 group dates back ..so for sure, he needs to go (he also needs to grow up some too).  But overall he seemed to be taking her "instructions manual" edict to heart this episode. I mean aside from body slamming Luke (and I realise how ridiculous that just sounded!) But he did seem to dial it back some. He sounded fairly reasonable during the pile on segment... I hate those btw with all that Neanderthal testosterone flying around and the ganging up 14 to 1. Bleh. Plus you can't tell me that body slam isn't on tape somewhere and I suspect isn't anywhere near as bad as it was made out to be... otherwise they would have milked that for all it's worth.

I don't have the energy to defend him more than that though.

I wish there was a more mature version of this show...

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, nutty1 said:
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I don't know. We all call my cousin's husband by his first and last name. Done it as long as they've been together and they are married over 40 years! 😁😁

I worked with someone who has the same first name as me and everyone used our initial to differentiate. You need to do it somehow. In my camping group there was someone with my name as well and she was called the Other. lol Gotta have some way to tell them apart and I guys don't have the option of Nice Luke and Psycho Luke, though I bet they wish they could call them that. lol 

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Nedsdag said:

I couldn't think of the guy's name (Grant), but he looks like a sexier version of Gerard Butler.

I beg your pardon, but there is no sexier version of Gerard Butler than Gerard Butler himself.

2 hours ago, jette said:

I admit that I wrote Tyler off nitially because of his introductory goofus dance, but he won me back last week!

I know. That was the dorkiest intro package EVAH. It's taking me a while to get over memories of that.

1 hour ago, dirtypop90 said:

'Tis the season of Luke P.

He HAS to stay through hometowns. I hope he has a crazy-ass mom and dad, and psycho brothers and maybe a whack sister tossed in for good measure. I remember the mom slugging wine right out of the bottle and the dad with the dead animals in the basement freezer. Those were good times and I'm ready for more. You know, something to look forward to.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5