Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E04: Week 4

• Start Topic

I was just reminded of another actor Tyler C. reminds me of and there's a bit of irony: If you saw the Lifetime TV satire of The Bachelor/Bachelorette UnREAL, there was an actor who played a bisexual former Russian ballet dancer on the show. He is a Russian actor named Alex Sparrow:

f0934dfb22503d9150c2a45781bc71b3.jpg

If you didn't see the show, here's a clip from the show:

https://youtu.be/pbWZESZW0XY

I don't think the casting directors on The Bachelorette realized what they did, hence the irony.

• LOL 2
2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

It wasn't a group date, but I could swear there was a one-on-one escape room date. I want to say it was on Chris Soules' season, which is funny because that guy was a world class dolt. 

The closest thing I can think of was in some kind of creepy big old southern mansion that was supposed to be haunted, and I think that may have been Chris Soules' season.

They should have the guys do a Jeopardy type group date. Maybe, about half way in, make it questions about Hannah, see who has taken any time to get to know her. Or do like the end of Survivor and have trivia about all the stuff that has happened during the season. 

I even prefer the "write a song" dates or the awkward "stand up comedy" dates to the "beat each other up" dates. I want a lover, not a fighter. I want someone brave, and to me being brave is more about concurring fears than being physically tough. If they want physical, I would prefer something more along the lines of a Tough Mudder type race. 

I assume they kind of cater the dates to the lead, and since Hannah is apparently all "Roll Tide" and stereotypically southern in that college sports is everything kind of way, I guess we're stuck with a bunch of sports/physical aggression group dates. 

I will admit to loving the Highland Games type group date because men in kilts are my absolute weakness. Tyler in a kilt might actually kill me... in the best possible way. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

It wasn't a group date, but I could swear there was a one-on-one escape room date. I want to say it was on Chris Soules' season, which is funny because that guy was a world class dolt. 

9 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

The closest thing I can think of was in some kind of creepy big old southern mansion that was supposed to be haunted, and I think that may have been Chris Soules' season.

There was an escape room date on Kaitlyn's season. I remember she was terrified of birds and there were some in the room.

• Love 1

Don't know how I didn't see it before but Luke P. is totally Bradley Cooper's crazy boyfriend character in Wedding Crashers. And the whole drama with Luke S. during the rugby game was totally a version of this scene from the film. 

giphy.gif

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I remember on jakes season, he and Vienna and Gia(the girl who later committed) suicide were in the super creepy mansion--anyone else remember this?

• Love 1

I have been really liking Hannah as the Bachelorette. She is sweet but she is not a pushover and more confident than I expected. She has insecurities but I feel like it's not with regards to men, but she judges herself harshly. She wants to do everything well. An overachiever type.

The only time I didn't enjoy her was on her date with Jed. She was a bit much doing everything she thinks a Bachelorette should do and how Bachelor/Bachelorette date should go. It seemed like her ideal Bachelorette date with her ideal Bachelorette guy, but it was painful because they had no chemistry and he was so not into her, despite the sweet nothings coming out of his mouth. And I laughed when she said her favorite part of the whole date was him getting the shot in while kissing her. LOL, she just liked the idea of them, that's all.

I know Arie's Lauren gets a lot of flack for being dull during their date in Europe but I honestly didn't mind because she didn't fake her excitement when she was not feeling it. It's perfectly normal not to get excited about things no matter how exciting or magnificent our surroundings may be when we have other things on our mind.

In the same vein, Hannah is even more likeable when she is not putting on a show, like on her date with Tyler. Tyler is very charming but one thing that annoyed me about him is how he tends to cut her off and ramble on his sweet and encouraging words, without really listening to her. He seems like he believes what he is saying, but that's about it, so I am not sold on him yet.

Pretty sure Hannah knows how crazy Luke P. is and she believes the other guys to a certain extent. But the problem is, Luke P was the only guy who was "all in" for her from the start when she was still unsure of things, so she has a lingering attachment or gratitude towards him. The scariest thing about Luke P is not even his aggressive nature but his pathological lying. He doesn't even try to soften his lies with half truths like regular people would do to appease their conscience. He just tells blatant lies without any feeling. That can be even more damaging to a person than a body slam.

Peter seems nice, but unattractive. Garrett is too normal for this show.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I'm pretty sure that was on Nick's season. It was in an old southern plantation and it was during the episode they were in New Orleans. Something about not touching the dolls and then a doll dissappeared. Silly stuff.

I remember the escape room 1on 1 but can't remember who's season it was.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:44 PM, JenE4 said:

Not that I want anyone to get hurt, but these professionals promised us legs hanging on by nothing but skin and socks* so this “injury” is a little disappointing.

*How would a sock hold a leg on? It’s at the wrong end. Maybe it could hold on a foot in the case of a broken ankle.

They cut off Kevin’s shirt, and his arm didn’t even fall off.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:02 PM, tennisgurl said:

Luke is going to burn this whole mansion down with everyone inside of it, and when Hannah gets there, he will be cackling and yelling "I did it for you Hannah!!!! They were standing in the way of US!!!!"

I just can't with yall!! This is too hilarious!!

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 8:12 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I'm liking Normal Luke (Luke F.?) more and more with every second.  He's so straightforward.  He keeps telling Hannah he "likes" her a lot.  He doesn't once lie and claim that it's more than like, yet.

Luke S.

• Love 2

I know Arie's Lauren gets a lot of flack for being dull during their date in Europe but I honestly didn't mind because she didn't fake her excitement when she was not feeling it. It's perfectly normal not to get excited about things no matter how exciting or magnificent our surroundings may be when we have other things on our mind.

But it was Paris!  She wasn't just "being dull" .... she didn't speak! In the history of Bachelordom I have never seen a woman do so little for an automatic rose. She was painful to watch; I honestly thought something was wrong with her. 

2 hours ago, Jennabelle88 said:

I'm liking Normal Luke (Luke F.?) more and more with every second.  He's so straightforward.  He keeps telling Hannah he "likes" her a lot.  He doesn't once lie and claim that it's more than like, yet.

But....this is the Bachelorette ...heightened reality with feelings squished into trash compactor-like time frame. Being normal will get you to episode 4 or 5 tops

Unfortunately for Luke S, Hannah could not be any less into him. I'm not even sure how he's still here. Her body language in their 1-1 conversation scenes was like she was talking to a person who'd just run over her dog or something. And in fairness, he IS kind of a wet noodle. His attempt to try to convince her that he "liked" her was just so flat.

Wet noodle, ha ha. All I can say about Luke Normal Noodle is that he seems to be quite tall. Other than that, he should be thanking Luke for the drama. Probably bought him a ticket to Paradise because he's not a standout. The ganging up on Luke has now gone over the top. Despite being a "psychopath" Luke has yet to lose his temper in the group. So he's not quite Chad-level.  The only person whom has benefitted from the dust-up is Garrett, whose wise counsel in the heat of the moment will not soon be forgotten by me!

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

But it was Paris!  She wasn't just "being dull" .... she didn't speak! In the history of Bachelordom I have never seen a woman do so little for an automatic rose. She was painful to watch; I honestly thought something was wrong with her. 

I was actually shocked to find out she actually liked him. She seemed totally disinterested in anything. It was like it was all so beneath her that she just didn't have time for any of it, including Arie. She always looked like she didn't want to be there. 

I'm not the biggest fan of Paris, have no interest in ever going, it's just not my thing, but I still would have shown some level of "this is so amazing" or at least "thank god I'm out of the house/hotel and getting something to do other than sit around with a bunch of women I clearly don't want to be around talking about a guy I don't even seem interested in". 

• Love 4
On 6/4/2019 at 4:10 PM, Nedsdag said:

I've read the following comparisons:

• James Dean
  • Rupert Friend
  • Patrick Swayze
  • A nameless TV/Movie western actor from the 50s and 60s
  • A hotter Luke Perry
  • An EXTREMELY hot Matthew Perry

Have I left anyone out?

Tyler = Luke Perry + Ryan Stiles (from Whose Line is it Anyway)

• Love 1
On 6/5/2019 at 12:34 PM, Biosynth said:

I wonder, have there ever been mental challenge dates at all?  Or are all the bachelorette dates about men beating the crap out of each other or having to endure pain for the woman?

Well they do have to decide if they want to “accept this 🌹”. That is a challenge 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 6/4/2019 at 3:10 PM, Nedsdag said:

I've read the following comparisons:

• James Dean
  • Rupert Friend
  • Patrick Swayze
  • A nameless TV/Movie western actor from the 50s and 60s
  • A hotter Luke Perry
  • An EXTREMELY hot Matthew Perry

Have I left anyone out?

Am I the only one that detects just a smidgen of 80’s-era Andrew McCarthy in the mix too?

F631126B-B5BA-457A-A73B-037C64C91D82.jpeg

• Love 3
(edited)

Ewww, now I'm sick of him, already. I'm not a big fan of Hannah's, but I don't want to see her get played by some guy whose, "I want you," looks are a practiced art.  All of a sudden that baby faced pilot seems like a keeper.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 7

Lightning might strike me, but I don't wish happy ever after for anyone who goes on this franchise. In the beginning, yes. Now, no way. "The Right Reason" has changed dramatically. Still, it continues to be fun watching -- because of the fun posters here.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, dirtypop90 said:

^ Hannah is just as likely to play Tyler as he is to play her. IMO She’s a pageant queen. All of her looks are practiced.

However, her pageant looks are by necessity generically personable and pleasant, but are also very impersonal, while Tyler has mastered the (seemingly) personal looks.  Plus he says all the right things on a personal level...maybe sincere or maybe playa.  But we saw Hannah struggle last season to say anything that was on a personal level beyond generic perfect pleasantries.  She's much better this season, but she's not practiced at the art like he is.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Lightning might strike me, but I don't wish happy ever after for anyone who goes on this franchise. In the beginning, yes. Now, no way. "The Right Reason" has changed dramatically. Still, it continues to be fun watching -- because of the fun posters here.

Yes.  I enjoy watching (sometimes)  because I am intrigued by the psycho-social aspect of a bunch of guys all thinking ONE woman is their "one true love" - even while she's dating other guys!  Being on this show has some sort of hypnotic experience attached to it.   Outside of the show, if these guys didn't know her, and  were in an environment where Hannah was making out with another guy, and there were other women around,  every one of these guys would look past Hannah and talk to the other women.   None of them would think "hey maybe when she's done kissing him, she'll give me a few minutes of attention."  But since shes the ONLY option, these guys will compete for her attention, even if it means talking themselves into proposing marriage to someone they've known a short time, just because she chose them over the others.   

Edited by tinkerbell
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

However, her pageant looks are by necessity generically personable and pleasant, but are also very impersonal, while Tyler has mastered the (seemingly) personal looks.  Plus he says all the right things on a personal level...maybe sincere or maybe playa.  But we saw Hannah struggle last season to say anything that was on a personal level beyond generic perfect pleasantries.  She's much better this season, but she's not practiced at the art like he is.

What I meant was I think Hannah is totes capable of leading on men to get what she wants, and will be able to do it with ease.  Because she doesn’t seem to care very much about the guys’ emotions, but she can fake it like she does.  I can tell though she doesn’t care about hurting feelings.  She doesn’t come off as very empathetic.  She’s pretty self-absorbed.  All of which I think comes from her being a pageant queen.  Tyler, to me, actually comes off as empathetic.  I’m sure he’s good with women, but I don’t get the feeling he spends every waking moment thinking  about only his emotions like Hannah does.  I believe if/when Hannah drops him, he will still wish her well and happiness.  That’s how he comes off to me.  

I don’t dislike Hannah, but I don’t think she needs protection from big bad Tyler any more than he needs from her.  She also doesn’t need protection from big bad Luke, like people have been saying.  She feels like she has Luke; he is there for her.  He doesn’t have any hold on her though.  She will easily get rid of him once she gets assurance she has another one in her back pocket ready to commit to her like Luke.  Jed isn’t there yet.

After seeing more of her, I get why she said she was similar to Kaitlyn.  The difference is Hannah will smile it up and say the right things and pretend to give AF to be a good “bachelorette,” instead of being honest about not giving AF, like Kaitlyn.

• Love 8

I don't question that Tyler is good-looking.  He is.  However, there's no "heat" there, at least not for me. 

So y'all can have him.  I won't fight. 😃 

• Love 3
On 6/5/2019 at 4:57 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I've made it my mission to post this whenever appropriate.  This is Eric spelling "Facade".  

DCukVUJU0AAlwQi.jpg

This is still one of my favorite things in Bachelorette history, especially in the context of Eric being a self-published writer.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:06 PM, TheFinalRose said:

But it was Paris!  She wasn't just "being dull" .... she didn't speak! 

She did say "wow". Multiple times.

Topic? I can see why so many people are swooning over Tyler, but I always get suspicious when a man seems too good to be true. I'd be wondering how much "practice" it took him to get that good, and how soon he'll lose interest and move on to the next thing. But I won't be mad if I'm proven wrong in this case.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, chocolatine said:

She did say "wow". Multiple times.

Yes, and her "wow" was definitely lowercase.

I have to say, that was probably one of my favorite dates ever.  I think I rewatched it multiple times just to study it.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 6/3/2019 at 9:02 PM, tennisgurl said:

Luke is going to burn this whole mansion down with everyone inside of it, and when Hannah gets there, he will be cackling and yelling "I did it for you Hannah!!!! They were standing in the way of US!!!!"

I’m totally picturing the final scenes of Carrie. Pig blood and all. 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:19 PM, bosawks said:

Tyler saying “regardless” as opposed to “irregardless” makes him husband material for this show.

Agreed. 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:22 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

Tyler is an 11.  He looks like a Polo model or something.  (Drool)

I imagine he smells like an Abercrombie and Fitch store. 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:28 PM, Mabinogia said:

There is a lot of beauty at that table. 

I just swooned. I am as in love with someone I have never actually met as I can be.

And this is how you tell your "sob story" without sobbing and as a natural part of getting to know someone. 

I love that she remembered him grabbing his chest when he first saw her. 

That was pretty natural and sweet. Although I don’t believe for a hot second that he and his Pops (love that, btw) are fans and watched Colton’s season of the Bachelor during his recovery. The giveaway was that Tyler called it the “Colton Bachelorette season.” 

On 6/3/2019 at 9:34 PM, Mabinogia said:

For the first time ever on this show I feel like I just watched two people genuinely fall in love. 

I spent the two weeks prior to this season bingeing Trista’s season on Tubi. There are serious Trista-Ryan vibes with these two. I love their understated banter and joking. They remind me of me and my husband and our “that’s what she said” jokes. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 6/9/2019 at 2:07 PM, Bethanne said:

That was pretty natural and sweet. Although I don’t believe for a hot second that he and his Pops (love that, btw) are fans and watched Colton’s season of the Bachelor during his recovery. The giveaway was that Tyler called it the “Colton Bachelorette season.” 

Yeah, it is a bit hard to believe, 1) that he and his dad watched The Bachelor together BEFORE Tyler was picked to be on the show; and 2) that his dad looked at all the women on Colton's season and thought Hannah-with-the-angry-eyebrows was the perfect match for his son.   Remember, Hannah showed very little personality on the show outside of her feud with the other beauty pageant girl. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Remember, Hannah showed very little personality on the show outside of her feud with the other beauty pageant girl. 

She did open up (kill me now!) about her vulnerabilities to Colton and made that great elimination speech how she deserved to be "loved fiercely". I agree that Tyler is most likely making up the part of the story where he watched The Bachelor with his dad at the hospital, but it's not completely implausible.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Remember, Hannah showed very little personality on the show outside of her feud with the other beauty pageant girl. 

She did eat a grub during the outdoors group date when she didn't have to. And then there was Beast-Mode Hannah. I didn't like her at the beginning of Colton's season but it was interesting to see her opening up and showing more of her true self instead of her pageant self. It was an awkward process which was fun to see.

• Love 3
(edited)
17 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, it is a bit hard to believe, 1) that he and his dad watched The Bachelor together BEFORE Tyler was picked to be on the show; and 2) that his dad looked at all the women on Colton's season and thought Hannah-with-the-angry-eyebrows was the perfect match for his son.   Remember, Hannah showed very little personality on the show outside of her feud with the other beauty pageant girl. 

I thought he signed up, but wasn't going to go when his dad got sick, and then his dad told him to go?  That meant they watched after he signed up, but when he was still debating whether or not to go.  I can also buy number 2 because Colton's breakup with her was really sad IMO--taking her to meet his parents, her excitement until she realized she was about to be dumped and her face dropped.  I didn't like her during Colton's season, and I felt bad. 

Side note: He would made a sexy pairing with Caelynn, if she had been chosen.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Well, if I think about this, there are a lot of implanted women wearing very little on The Bachelor. So there's that reason for guys to watch. Even a dad/son, I guess.

Plus, some men don't want a woman who can think for herself or express any opinion different than his. So a female with no personality can be the perfect match for that man. Hannah + Tyler!

• Love 2
On 6/11/2019 at 1:26 PM, dirtypop90 said:

Side note: He would made a sexy pairing with Caelynn, if she had been chosen.

The man would've made a sexy pairing with Queen Elizabeth II. That's how much he oozes sexuality to me.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2