Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: Meetup At The Food Festival

• Start Topic

The Small Talk topic is for:

• Introductions
  • Off-topic chatter
  • Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1. Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2. Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3. If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

• Character topics
  • Episode topics
  • Season topics
  • Spoiler topics
  • Speculation topics
  • In the Media topics
  • Favourite X topics
  • ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

If anyone else besides me was upset when they suddenly kicked Leah Remini and

Holly Robinson Peete off of The Talk..you might be interested in a new reality show Holly has on Own...I like it so much I had a forum started for it. It's called "For Peete's Sake."

Am I the only one watching it? ;-)

PS I couldn't get into Leah Remini's reality show..I tried.

• Love 3

I like Leah, her husband, and daughter. But her mother ruined the show for me. So obnoxious and as much as she tried, so not funny. Leah must have gotten the funny gene from her father.

I was upset about Holly and Leah too. Instead we get more of Mrs. O. and her incessant self absorbed life. I do like Aisha though. Sheryl I can take when she is serious but she is not funny to me most of the time.

Holly and her family have a good show. They are a nice family.

• Love 3
On May 11, 2016 at 4:33 PM, ChiCricket said:

If anyone else besides me was upset when they suddenly kicked Leah Remini and

Holly Robinson Peete off of The Talk..you might be interested in a new reality show Holly has on Own...I like it so much I had a forum started for it. It's called "For Peete's Sake."

Am I the only one watching it? ;-)

PS I couldn't get into Leah Remini's reality show..I tried.

I enjoy For Peete's Sake, too. But the many product placements and phony episode plots (Holly's mother.....surprise...moving into the area Holly "thought" was going to be her private sanctuary) are annoying. But I really like their family dynamic, the adorable children, and their advocacy for autism.

I still miss Leah and Holly on The Talk.

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 0:42 AM, Love2dance said:

I enjoy For Peete's Sake, too. But the many product placements and phony episode plots (Holly's mother.....surprise...moving into the area Holly "thought" was going to be her private sanctuary) are annoying. But I really like their family dynamic, the adorable children, and their advocacy for autism.

I still miss Leah and Holly on The Talk.

That's one of the many things I miss about Holly being on the show. I remember they did quite a few number of informative shows about autism. You know, it's weird thinking back to the first season of The Talk vs. now. I remember during Black History Month they would go to break with a quick Black History fact. I still like the show, but was sad to see segments and topics like that end.

• Love 5

Resurrecting this thread in case people want to continue the Tyra discussion.

Her "it's all about me" attitude starting rearing it's head to the public on her talk show. I wasn't an all the time viewer but saw enough to see that mask slip every once in awhile. 

I only watched ANTM a handful of times and that was mostly when it was on The CW after UPN dissolved.  The local FOX station would show UPN shows really late at night a few nights a week which I guess was due to the fact that we never had an UPN affiliate here. Just from the clips I'd see of ANTM on shows like Best Week Ever it didn't seem like something I wanted to watch but tried more than once since it was popular.  I could never get into it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Resurrecting this thread in case people want to continue the Tyra discussion.

Her "it's all about me" attitude started rearing it's head to the public on her talk show. I wasn't an all the time viewer but saw enough to see that mask slip every once in awhile. 

I only watched ANTM a handful of times and that was mostly when it was on The CW after UPN dissolved.  The local FOX station would show UPN shows really late at night a few nights a week which I guess was due to the fact that we never had an UPN affiliate here. Just from the clips I'd see of ANTM on shows like Best Week Ever it didn't seem like something I wanted to watch but tried more than once since it was popular.  I could never get into it.

Her "it's all about me" talk show moments were a staple on The Soup. So much so that Joel McHale claimed Tyra called TPTB at E to complain about it a few times. Lol.

I remember once she had the model Molly Sims on and she asked her what her most selfless achievement was. Molly said it was helping to build an orphanage in South America. Tyra then says "Mine was re-shooting my Sports Illustrated cover!" 🙄

• LOL 6
On 10/6/2021 at 10:26 PM, rmcrae said:

This story has more to do with former Mr. CBS Les Moonves than The Talk, but apparently the Witch wasn't just being bitchy when she claimed Les had terrible bad breath. Katie Couric said the same in her new memoir 🤢https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10061787/Katie-Couric-banned-promoting-toxic-memoir-former-network-CBS.html

When did Mrs O say that Les had bad breath?  Even if it was true out of respect for her friend Julie who bent over backwards to make her happy even when she did not have to, she should have kept that information to herself.  Sharon has no loyalty to anybody but herself. I am glad that she is gone.

Katie Couric sounds like a  self-important nasty woman, wow! I am truly stunned!  

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Pearson80 said:

When did Mrs O say that Les had bad breath?  Even if it was true out of respect for her friend Julie who bent over backwards to make her happy even when she did not have to, she should have kept that information to herself.  Sharon has no loyalty to anybody but herself. I am glad that she is gone.

Katie Couric sounds like a  self-important nasty woman, wow! I am truly stunned!  

It was on a radio show a few months after Julie left the show (it gets pretty vile so I wouldn't recommend reading it on a full stomach 😵): https://toofab.com/2018/11/14/sharon-osbourne-les-moonves-bad-breath-julie-chen-the-talk/.

I remember hearing rumors that Katie Couric's "nice girl" image was fake during her Today Show days. Still I was also surprised to hear how awful she is and to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak. 

On 10/8/2021 at 12:44 PM, rmcrae said:

It was on a radio show a few months after Julie left the show (it gets pretty vile so I wouldn't recommend reading it on a full stomach 😵): https://toofab.com/2018/11/14/sharon-osbourne-les-moonves-bad-breath-julie-chen-the-talk/.

I remember hearing rumors that Katie Couric's "nice girl" image was fake during her Today Show days. Still I was also surprised to hear how awful she is and to hear it from the horse's mouth, so to speak. 

Sharon is just vile wow! I am so glad that she is gone.  She is such a liar, I have no doubt that Sharon had a working relationship with him, the bitch was practically Julie's boss and Julie was married to that pervert.. 

Thank you for sharing that transcript with me..

• Love 1