Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

Recommended Posts


4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I always appreciate seeing Laverne Cox appear on these kinds of shows. She has a great attitude.

Same here. And seeing a very buff Mehcad Brooks working out didn't hurt either. 😉

Julissa Bermudez did good as guest co-host, but I hope they're able to find better, more entertaining fill-ins if Carrie Ann is away again next week. Sheryl's doing the best she can, but I can tell she's stressed and putting on a good face. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think they should have a virtual audience. Kind of like Wendy Williams has. Of course that hasn't saved her show from being the crappy, lazy mess it usually is, but it certainly brings up the energy. 

Not the exact Sun article I referenced a few days ago, but close enough: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2753822/the-talk-guest-jenna-dewan-hiredpermanent-host-upgrade/. Again, nice girl, but an "upgrade"? Not seeing it. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Putting together the right panel (with the right mix of people) for a talk show is difficult. The only person who was good at it was Barbara Walters. After she retired, it took The View years to find the right mix of people.  Let's be honest - before everything that happened with Sharon, The Talk was limping along. I can see cancellation in its future.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Miss Slay said:

Putting together the right panel (with the right mix of people) for a talk show is difficult. The only person who was good at it was Barbara Walters. After she retired, it took The View years to find the right mix of people.  Let's be honest - before everything that happened with Sharon, The Talk was limping along. I can see cancellation in its future.

No doubt. It's hard enough trying to get a show with a single host or a duo to a work. Throw in a full panel and it's even harder. Funny you should mention Barbara because I remember an interview Joy did with Larry King a few years ago where she said The View's original panel worked so well because, aside from Barbara, none of them were big stars so there wasn't a battle of the egos which came along when bigger names like Rosie O'Donnell and Whoopi joined the show. She didn't name them nor was she being shady, but I knew who she meant and I agreed with her.

Back to The Talk, they have been limping along since before that recent mess which is why they have a crap load of work to do if they want to survive. The biggest thing is finding the right group of co-hosts with the best chemistry and better topics. I remember a time when many said they saw cancellation in The View's future when they had their well-documented issues, but they managed to get it together and are probably doing better now than they ever have. No guarentee the same will happen with The Talk, but they can try. 

I saw Jerry O'Connell is guest co-hosting Monday. Oh, Lord. I know I said the show needed some energy, but not his manic brand. 😒

Edited by rmcrae
  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Next week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Joseph Fiennes; Jerry O'Connell guest-cohosts (😒).

Tuesday - Actress Renee Elise Goldberry; Francia Raisa guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Leslie Jordan; Julissa Bermudez guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actor Skylar Astin (🥰).

Friday - Singer-songwriter Carly Pearce; actor William Jackson Harper.

I couldn't find any mention of guest co-hosts for Thursday and Friday's shows are taped so this will be the second week without Carrie Ann. I really hope I'm wrong, but the chances of her coming back and not announcing her departure from the show don't look good. 😔

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Next week's schedule:

Monday - Actor Joseph Fiennes; Jerry O'Connell guest-cohosts (😒).

Tuesday - Actress Renee Elise Goldberry; Francia Raisa guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Leslie Jordan; Julissa Bermudez guest co-hosts.

Thursday - Actor Skylar Astin (🥰).

Friday - Singer-songwriter Carly Pearce; actor William Jackson Harper.

I couldn't find any mention of guest co-hosts for Thursday and Friday's shows are taped so this will be the second week without Carrie Ann. I really hope I'm wrong, but the chances of her coming back and not announcing her departure from the show don't look good. 😔

Thank you for posting! I actually like Jerry. I think he's fun and love how enthusiastic he is discussing everything. I really enjoyed him when he filled in for Wendy actually. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Thank you for posting! I actually like Jerry. I think he's fun and love how enthusiastic he is discussing everything. I really enjoyed him when he filled in for Wendy actually. 

No problem. 🙂 I almost forgot when he filled in for Wendy. He got on my nerves the first few shows, but was more tolerable by the end. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Carrie Ann will be sorely missed for however long she'll be away, but it's best for her to focus on her health. Hope she recovers asap. 

Sheryl seemed less stressed and more upbeat today. Maybe knowing that Carrie Ann will return at some point lifted her spirits. 

I wasn't looking forward to Jerry O'Connell co-hosting, but I ended up enjoying him. He was less annoying than usual and actually brought some life to the show. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

OK, I did not need to see them all doing Da Butt!!! Where's the brain bleach??? 😳🤮

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

The thought of my parents having sex is the LAST thing I'd ever want to think about, but Daniel Kaluuya's speech did make me lol His mom's and sister's reactions were funny too. 

Poor Sheryl walked in on her mom. Yikes!!!

Loved Tyler Perry's speech. We need more like him. 

Glenn Close is a hoot!

So is Jerry, lmao I'm sorry guys, but he never fails to make me laugh! Rebecca Romijn is indeed one of the most beautiful women in the world, but he's also a cutie and hilarious. I think they're both lucky. :)

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RealHousewife said:

Glenn Close is a hoot!

Glenn Close is awesome in so many ways. It's a shame that she lost the Oscar once again. Last night was her 8th nomination and her 8th loss. What an injustice. 

  • Like 6
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

The thought of my parents having sex is the LAST thing I'd ever want to think about, The thought of my parents having sex is the LAST thing I'd ever want to think about, but Daniel Kaluuya's speech did make me lol His mom's and sister's reactions were funny too. 

Poor Sheryl walked in on her mom. Yikes!!!

Loved Tyler Perry's speech. We need more like him. 

Glenn Close is a hoot!

So is Jerry, lmao I'm sorry guys, but he never fails to make me laugh! Rebecca Romijn is indeed one of the most beautiful women in the world, but he's also a cutie and hilarious. I think they're both lucky. :)

That reminded me of the time Kandi Burruss shared some unsolicited info about her mother using sex toys (🤢) and Nene said "Just the thought of my mom using a dildo... Honey, y'all gon' have to send me to the psych ward!" 😆 Thankfully I never walked in on my parents, but some of my friends weren't so lucky. Lol. 

I don't know much about Francia Raisa, but hopefully she'll be a decent fill-in. I don't need the panel to do Da Butt every day, but I hope they can keep some of today's show's energy. 

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/23/2021 at 11:20 PM, rmcrae said:

I saw Jerry O'Connell is guest co-hosting Monday. Oh, Lord. I know I said the show needed some energy, but not his manic brand. 😒

He makes me uncomfortable and as soon as I saw him as a guest co-host, I changed the channel. He is just too much..  I did think he fit in more as a replacement host for Wendy Williams since her show is just a hot mess and Jerry was really cool there. Wendy is just terrible so anybody could make it work..

On 4/26/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mimi said:

Carrie Ann is taking a leave of absence from The Talk to focus on her health.https://www.instagram.com/p/COI3xJHhKzb/?igshid=908czahkb4zx

I hope she comes back soon. I wish her all of the best..

On 4/26/2021 at 4:13 PM, rmcrae said:

I wasn't looking forward to Jerry O'Connell co-hosting, but I ended up enjoying him. He was less annoying than usual and actually brought some life to the show. 

 Really? I guess I was wrong to change the channel upon seeing him..lol

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

28 minutes ago, Pearson80 said:

Really? I guess I was wrong to change the channel upon seeing him..lol

Lol! I think it also helped that he didn't have a studio audience to really ham it up with. 

Hopefully this is just a rumor since none of these women are good replacements imo: https://www.allabouttrh.com/2021/04/24/report-real-housewives-lisa-rinna-bethenny-frankel-and-nene-leakes-in-the-running-to-take-sharon-osbornes-place-on-the-talk-plus-brandi-glanville-throws-her-name-in-the-ring-as-well/#disquis_thread.

Lisa Rinna suffers from a severe case of "foot in mouth" syndrome and Bethenny likes to hear herself talk... about herself. Nene's guest hosted a number of times over the years and has a lot of personality, but also a bad attitude and her suing and publicly badmouthing Bravo doesn't help her case. I doubt CBS would ever consider Brandi since the woman is an absolute trainwreck and as reckless with her mouth as Sharon.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/26/2021 at 2:19 PM, Mimi said:

Carrie Ann is taking a leave of absence from The Talk to focus on her health.https://www.instagram.com/p/COI3xJHhKzb/?igshid=908czahkb4zx

I think this means she's taking time off and focusing on her contract - and what her legal exit is from this mess.  One of the tabloids is also reporting that she and Underwood do not get along at all, and their 'faux friendship' on stage ends once the cameras are turned off.

Edited by LetsStartTalking
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Lol! I think it also helped that he didn't have a studio audience to really ham it up with. 

Hopefully this is just a rumor since none of these women are good replacements imo: https://www.allabouttrh.com/2021/04/24/report-real-housewives-lisa-rinna-bethenny-frankel-and-nene-leakes-in-the-running-to-take-sharon-osbornes-place-on-the-talk-plus-brandi-glanville-throws-her-name-in-the-ring-as-well/#disquis_thread.

Lisa Rinna suffers from a severe case of "foot in mouth" syndrome and Bethenny likes to hear herself talk... about herself. Nene's guest hosted a number of times over the years and has a lot of personality, but also a bad attitude and her suing and publicly badmouthing Bravo doesn't help her case. I doubt CBS would ever consider Brandi since the woman is an absolute trainwreck and as reckless with her mouth as Sharon.

Oh gosh no to all of those, especially Brandi! I agree she is a trainwreck and the most cruel person who's been on RHBH. 

I'm sad about the ratings but not surprised. They need someone to spice things up. I really hope the show makes it. Now that Sharon is gone, they just need someone outspoken who's not a racist asshole. Hope is not lost!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, rcc said:

Sharon is probably happy about this!

No doubt she's cackling over this in bed with Ozzy and her flying monkeys. She's delusional if she thinks her departure is what might end the show for good since the ratings were down even when she sat there with her bubbling cauldron casting spells on people. 

23 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Oh gosh no to all of those, especially Brandi! I agree she is a trainwreck and the most cruel person who's been on RHBH. 

I'm sad about the ratings but not surprised. They need someone to spice things up. I really hope the show makes it. Now that Sharon is gone, they just need someone outspoken who's not a racist asshole. Hope is not lost!

I'm not surprised either and spice is most definitely what they need. I hate to say it since she seems like a genuinely sweet person, but Amanda's the weakest link. I appreciate her positive vibe, but she doesn't add much to the show beyond that. Elaine's a keeper imo, but they really need someone who can vibe off of Sheryl. I keep saying her name like she'll magically appear with a cape to save the day, but I loved Aisha and Sheryl's chemistry. They were the two who made me laugh the most, but could also be serious and make good points when the situation called for it. Aisha ain't comin' back, but they desperately need someone like her if they're going to survive. 

I doubt any "big names" will entertain the idea of joining the show given the abysmal ratings, but hopefully Brigitte, Jodie Sweetin, Rumer Willis or any of the past regular fill-ins might consider it. 

Speaking of Amanda, here's an interview she did the other day about the show following their return from the hiatus: https://www.ibtimes.com/amanda-kloots-shares-update-talk-after-sharon-osbourne-exit-3188356. These guest co-hosts bringing in "new energy" better get on the first thing smokin' and get to work like yesterday. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, LetsStartTalking said:

I think this means she's taking time off and focusing on her contract - and what her legal exit is from this mess.  One of the tabloids is also reporting that she and Underwood do not get along at all, and their 'faux friendship' on stage ends once the cameras are turned off.

The reports that Carrie Ann and Sheryl do not get along doesn't surprise me. Sheryl has been very "cold" in her "hurry back" comments regarding Carrie Ann, and it took her until a day or two ago to actually say "We miss you". I am not on Instagram, but a couple of magazines have reported that Carrie Ann is supportive of Sharon on IG, and Amanda and Sharon also comment on each others' accounts. 

I wonder why the women who have often guest hosted - Brigitte and Rumer - are nowhere to be found? Do they sense the ship is sinking and do not want to be a part of it?

I thought, at least for the part I watched, that Jerry O'Connell was fine., The Talk needs to do something like bring on a male co host, as I don't see them rising from the basement without doing something that no other show does. 

That said, I am not a long time viewer, and only started watching when Marie came on. I tried a few other times but just didn't gel with the different combos they have had on. I kept watching after Marie left as I like Amanda, and like Carrie Ann. But I doubt very much that Carrie Ann will return, so it is likely curtains for me as well. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

The reports that Carrie Ann and Sheryl do not get along doesn't surprise me. Sheryl has been very "cold" in her "hurry back" comments regarding Carrie Ann, and it took her until a day or two ago to actually say "We miss you". I am not on Instagram, but a couple of magazines have reported that Carrie Ann is supportive of Sharon on IG, and Amanda and Sharon also comment on each others' accounts. 

I wonder why the women who have often guest hosted - Brigitte and Rumer - are nowhere to be found? Do they sense the ship is sinking and do not want to be a part of it?

I thought, at least for the part I watched, that Jerry O'Connell was fine., The Talk needs to do something like bring on a male co host, as I don't see them rising from the basement without doing something that no other show does. 

That said, I am not a long time viewer, and only started watching when Marie came on. I tried a few other times but just didn't gel with the different combos they have had on. I kept watching after Marie left as I like Amanda, and like Carrie Ann. But I doubt very much that Carrie Ann will return, so it is likely curtains for me as well. 

How was she "cold"? Not saying you're wrong for reading it that way, but I'm curious. She seemed relieved to be able to share the news that Carrie Ann will return at some point (and hopefully she does) to me. Here's the tabloid story about Carrie Ann and Sheryl's "feud" in case you haven't read it: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/2767690/the-talk-carrie-ann-inaba-cryptic-quote-sheryl-underwood-feud/. Funny how Sheryl's been targeted as a bully since that Daily Mail article a month or so ago yet there were no accusations of such behavior from former staff and co-hosts made against her like Sharon. 🤔 Well, that's the rags for you. Finding drama where there isn't any in the hopes that most people will blindly take it as gospel. They've been doing it for decades. 

And here's an article about Carrie Ann and Amanda sending support to Sharon when her cat went missing (or ran way, most likely): https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-9508129/Sharon-Osbourne-recieves-words-support-Former-Talk-cohosts-recovered-missing-cat.html. I won't be surprised if a new story comes out claiming Sheryl gave Carrie Ann and Amanda a verbal lashing behind the scenes and has to attend even more "anger management classes". The tabs and their "sources" are so predictable. 

They don't need a permanent male host since this is an all-female panel (occasional male guest co-hosts are fine and The View and The Real have done the same), but I doubt hiring Jerry O'Connell or any man will save the show. Just like hiring just any woman won't either. Broken record again, but they need to focus on the women who've received the most positive responses from viewers like Brigitte, Rumer, etc. I really thought Rumer was going to get the job since she not only brings in a more youthful perspective, she's also well spoken with a good head on her shoulders. Fingers crossed CBS is in talks with her or any of the other former fill-ins to guest host because the ones we've seen so far aren't bringing it. 

Edited by rmcrae · Reason: Correcting link
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

@UsernameFatigue, in case the other link doesn't work. 

I think this was posted a few days earlier? As I said, I had no idea that Carrie Ann and Sheryl didn't get along (and who knows if it is true?). But I have watched at least the first couple of segments per show since it returned, and was surprised that Sheryl's only comment has been the she/they hope Carrie Ann is back soon. I thought they were friends, and if my friend was suffering from the illnesses Carrie Ann does, I would be adding "We love you and miss you Carrie Ann."  

I did not know that Sharon's cat is missing. As a fellow animal lover, I hope the fur baby is OK and makes it back home. I am not a Sharon fan, but love her dog Elvis and miss seeing him on the show.

The magazine where I saw the IG comments online was I think Hello magazine. They printed the IG post that Carrie Ann had made. It was a pic of the flowers that Sharon had sent to Carrie Ann on her first (and it turns out last I think) day back on the 12th. And a reply by Carrie Ann that she was thinking of Sharon. I think it was the same mag that had an IG post from Amanda that was a pic of her son (who looks soooo much like her late husband) and Sharon had commented on it with Amanda replying.

Neither Brigitte or Rumer joining would bring me back, but in all honesty if Carrie Ann doesn't return it likely doesn't matter. Also I am Canadian and over the 54 higher age limit target audience, so my viewing matters not one way or another. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hate to admit that Amanda is too "vanilla" for a co-host spot.  She's a lovely gal, but doesn't really bring any oomph!!  I've watched the show this week for the first half hour, even though I didn't have a clue who the guest co-host(s) were.  I'm pretty close to looking for something else to watch in that time slot ... for me 12:00, when I'm having my lunch (up here in Calgary).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Guess I should have read the whole article about Sharon's cat going missing. Kitty is home safe and sound. Yay! I loved the pic of the kitty in the article, and that she was sitting on a kitchen counter. Our kitties sit wherever they want too, and I love like minded pet parents. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I think this was posted a few days earlier? As I said, I had no idea that Carrie Ann and Sheryl didn't get along (and who knows if it is true?). But I have watched at least the first couple of segments per show since it returned, and was surprised that Sheryl's only comment has been the she/they hope Carrie Ann is back soon. I thought they were friends, and if my friend was suffering from the illnesses Carrie Ann does, I would be adding "We love you and miss you Carrie Ann."  

I did not know that Sharon's cat is missing. As a fellow animal lover, I hope the fur baby is OK and makes it back home. I am not a Sharon fan, but love her dog Elvis and miss seeing him on the show.

The magazine where I saw the IG comments online was I think Hello magazine. They printed the IG post that Carrie Ann had made. It was a pic of the flowers that Sharon had sent to Carrie Ann on her first (and it turns out last I think) day back on the 12th. And a reply by Carrie Ann that she was thinking of Sharon. I think it was the same mag that had an IG post from Amanda that was a pic of her son (who looks soooo much like her late husband) and Sharon had commented on it with Amanda replying.

Neither Brigitte or Rumer joining would bring me back, but in all honesty if Carrie Ann doesn't return it likely doesn't matter. Also I am Canadian and over the 54 higher age limit target audience, so my viewing matters not one way or another. 

The article about the feud? I was the one who posted it over the weekend. I don't know why the new link didn't work so I quoted my original post's link instead. Links tend to be hit or miss with me. Lol. 

Thanks for answering. I wanted to be totally sure of what Sheryl said so I went over to YouTube to watch the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T08qf2kMyYs. Amanda and Elaine were the first to say they love Carrie Ann, but Sheryl had just finished reading the statement from the teleprompter and she joined in after that. Yeah, I can't pretend to know everything that's going on behind the scenes, but if Carrie Ann and Sheryl despise each other off camera, they're good actresses on camera.

I found the article you mentioned about Sharon sending Carrie Ann flowers: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/talks-carrie-ann-inaba-thinking-23914103. If someone who's more technically savvy than me could post a pic of the flowers on the board, that'd be nice. Lol. 

3 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I hate to admit that Amanda is too "vanilla" for a co-host spot.  She's a lovely gal, but doesn't really bring any oomph!!  I've watched the show this week for the first half hour, even though I didn't have a clue who the guest co-host(s) were.  I'm pretty close to looking for something else to watch in that time slot ... for me 12:00, when I'm having my lunch (up here in Calgary).

I think TPTB thought Amanda would bring in more viewers because of her strong social media support following her video to Trump, but she wasn't really bringing anything when she auditioned either. That's why hiring Jenna Dewan based solely on her large social media audience would be a bad idea. They may bring in extra eyeballs, but they need to bring something that'll keep them there. And fast. As optimistic as I'd like to be about the show's survival, this is looking more and more bleak. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I hope that Sheryl and Carrie Ann are not feuding. They had that wonderful bond right from the time Carrie Ann joined the show and it continued on. If they are at odds, I sincerely hope they can resolve things and be friends again.

Life has changed since they were all last around the table (remember the table?)...no one is disputing that. Not only did they have the logistical nightmare of putting a show together from five separate homes (including Eve's in London), there were the constant (yet important) preemptions from the CBS affiliates for COVID-19 updates. Then there were the issues with Marie. Even when the cast, minus Eve, returned to the studio in September the spark had gone. I definitely think no live audience has been a huge factor, but there were literally no news stories that were not touched by the pandemic and/or politics. This could not be the happy, fluffy show it was pre-2020. Sure, they highlighted some great human interest stories, but it wasn't the same. 

Things just got worse when Eve left and Carrie Ann's health issues exacerbated. Carrie Ann couldn't even be present for Eve's final episode because she was in hospital after she contracted COVID-19. Elaine and Amanda's first show had to be virtual due to a COVID-19 spike in LA right at holiday time. Two days later was 1/6. 

The Oprah interview with Harry and Meghan was finally a story in their wheelhouse - they've had many fun segments in the past regarding British royal gossip. Who would have guessed that the fallout from that interview would rip the show apart? 

Even just one of these events would be enough to stress anyone out on the show - crew included. To have them all happen within the span of 13 months would be just about unbearable. It's no wonder Carrie Ann's health issues have gotten worse. Sheryl especially looks like she is carrying the weight of the world...and no wonder. She and Sharon had worked together for nearly 10 years and their friendship is most likely irrevocably broken. 

Time will tell if the show itself is irrevocably broken. I think even having a limited capacity audience couldn't hurt at this point. Morale is at an all-time low and that vibe comes right through the screen. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

The article about the feud? I was the one who posted it over the weekend. I don't know why the new link didn't work so I quoted my original post's link instead. Links tend to be hit or miss with me. Lol. 

Thanks for answering. I wanted to be totally sure of what Sheryl said so I went over to YouTube to watch the clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T08qf2kMyYs. Amanda and Elaine were the first to say they love Carrie Ann, but Sheryl had just finished reading the statement from the teleprompter and she joined in after that. Yeah, I can't pretend to know everything that's going on behind the scenes, but if Carrie Ann and Sheryl despise each other off camera, they're good actresses on camera.

I found the article you mentioned about Sharon sending Carrie Ann flowers: https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/talks-carrie-ann-inaba-thinking-23914103. If someone who's more technically savvy than me could post a pic of the flowers on the board, that'd be nice. Lol. 

I think TPTB thought Amanda would bring in more viewers because of her strong social media support following her video to Trump, but she wasn't really bringing anything when she auditioned either. That's why hiring Jenna Dewan based solely on her large social media audience would be a bad idea. They may bring in extra eyeballs, but they need to bring something that'll keep them there. And fast. As optimistic as I'd like to be about the show's survival, this is looking more and more bleak. 

I can't access the youtube video, but as I said was surprised that it took so long for Sheryl to say anything other than she hoped Carrie Ann returned soon. 

The magazine (online version) where I saw the picture of Carrie Ann's IG post was Hello, which has a Hello Canada version. Looks like they are continuing to follow CA's posts so will have to google them more often. 

And as requested rmcrae: 

the-talk-carrie-ann-inaba-supports-sharon-osbourne-z.jpg

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

I hate to admit that Amanda is too "vanilla" for a co-host spot.  She's a lovely gal, but doesn't really bring any oomph!!  I've watched the show this week for the first half hour, even though I didn't have a clue who the guest co-host(s) were.  I'm pretty close to looking for something else to watch in that time slot ... for me 12:00, when I'm having my lunch (up here in Calgary).

I’m done with this show. Unless they get an interesting color host, I doubt I’ll tune in again. Amanda is the definition of bland, not even vanilla. She doesn’t belong on tv.  She could work at a 😴 clinic. 

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/27/2021 at 10:09 PM, rmcrae said:

Lol! I think it also helped that he didn't have a studio audience to really ham it up with. 

Hopefully this is just a rumor since none of these women are good replacements imo: https://www.allabouttrh.com/2021/04/24/report-real-housewives-lisa-rinna-bethenny-frankel-and-nene-leakes-in-the-running-to-take-sharon-osbornes-place-on-the-talk-plus-brandi-glanville-throws-her-name-in-the-ring-as-well/#disquis_thread.

Lisa Rinna suffers from a severe case of "foot in mouth" syndrome and Bethenny likes to hear herself talk... about herself. Nene's guest hosted a number of times over the years and has a lot of personality, but also a bad attitude and her suing and publicly badmouthing Bravo doesn't help her case. I doubt CBS would ever consider Brandi since the woman is an absolute trainwreck and as reckless with her mouth as Sharon.

If Carrie Ann were to leave—and that would be a shame, since she’s the best one left after Sheryl—they might as well overhaul the show altogether. Ditch Amanda who adds nothing, and hire three new people to go with Sheryl and Elaine. Unfortunately, I’m not even sure that would work since the showrunners seem to only be interested in bargain bin options—and that’s being generous with names like Bethenny Frankel, Lisa Rinna, and Nene. I’d describe all three as narcissistic, and I would have no interest in hearing what those types have to say about so much as a hole in the ground. Brandi would probably be the best of that lot, if I was forced to choose. If the people running things can’t do better than this, they might as well put a fork in it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

@UsernameFatigue, thanks for posting the pic for me. 🙂

11 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I hope that Sheryl and Carrie Ann are not feuding. They had that wonderful bond right from the time Carrie Ann joined the show and it continued on. If they are at odds, I sincerely hope they can resolve things and be friends again.

Life has changed since they were all last around the table (remember the table?)...no one is disputing that. Not only did they have the logistical nightmare of putting a show together from five separate homes (including Eve's in London), there were the constant (yet important) preemptions from the CBS affiliates for COVID-19 updates. Then there were the issues with Marie. Even when the cast, minus Eve, returned to the studio in September the spark had gone. I definitely think no live audience has been a huge factor, but there were literally no news stories that were not touched by the pandemic and/or politics. This could not be the happy, fluffy show it was pre-2020. Sure, they highlighted some great human interest stories, but it wasn't the same. 

Things just got worse when Eve left and Carrie Ann's health issues exacerbated. Carrie Ann couldn't even be present for Eve's final episode because she was in hospital after she contracted COVID-19. Elaine and Amanda's first show had to be virtual due to a COVID-19 spike in LA right at holiday time. Two days later was 1/6. 

The Oprah interview with Harry and Meghan was finally a story in their wheelhouse - they've had many fun segments in the past regarding British royal gossip. Who would have guessed that the fallout from that interview would rip the show apart? 

Even just one of these events would be enough to stress anyone out on the show - crew included. To have them all happen within the span of 13 months would be just about unbearable. It's no wonder Carrie Ann's health issues have gotten worse. Sheryl especially looks like she is carrying the weight of the world...and no wonder. She and Sharon had worked together for nearly 10 years and their friendship is most likely irrevocably broken. 

Time will tell if the show itself is irrevocably broken. I think even having a limited capacity audience couldn't hurt at this point. Morale is at an all-time low and that vibe comes right through the screen. 

Sad but true. 😔 All of the other issues you listed aside, the absence of an audience definitely hurt the show since they played a big part in enhancing the energy. A friend of mine used to call the show "The Clap" because of the constant applause. Lol. I suggested a few days ago that they should have a virtual audience and/or staff members like Wendy's, but that alone won't solve their problems. 

3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If Carrie Ann were to leave—and that would be a shame, since she’s the best one left after Sheryl—they might as well overhaul the show altogether. Ditch Amanda who adds nothing, and hire three new people to go with Sheryl and Elaine. Unfortunately, I’m not even sure that would work since the showrunners seem to only be interested in bargain bin options—and that’s being generous with names like Bethenny Frankel, Lisa Rinna, and Nene. I’d describe all three as narcissistic, and I would have no interest in hearing what those types have to say about so much as a hole in the ground. Brandi would probably be the best of that lot, if I was forced to choose. If the people running things can’t do better than this, they might as well put a fork in it.

Trust me, Brandi would get the show canceled before the first commercial break. She's exhibited racist behavior on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and is an all-around asshole with no filter. It would be like hiring the even sloppier American version of Sharon. 

I wonder if TPTB are worried they'd receive backlash if they fired Amanda seeing as she's a widow who lost her husband only a year ago and also a single mom. They might fear that her fans will find it cruel letting her go and they'd lose more viewers. Like I said, she seems like a sweet woman and I empathize with her situation, but she's not an interesting host. 

Edited by rmcrae
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

9 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

I wonder if TPTB are worried they'd receive backlash if they fired Amanda seeing as she's a widow who lost her husband only a year ago and also a single mom. They might fear that her fans will find it cruel letting her go and they'd lose more viewers. Like I said, she seems like a sweet woman and I empathize with her situation, but she's not an interesting host. 

I've not watched her on the show, but I am wondering this too. I'd never heard of her before her husband came down with COVID (I didn't know who he was either), and from everything I've seen, she seems like a perfectly nice lady who dealt with an extraordinarily difficult situation last year, but I am not really sure that she was hired for the show for any other reason than because she was suddenly famous and it must have struck someone as a good PR move at the time. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

If Carrie Ann were to leave—and that would be a shame, since she’s the best one left after Sheryl—they might as well overhaul the show altogether. Ditch Amanda who adds nothing, and hire three new people to go with Sheryl and Elaine. Unfortunately, I’m not even sure that would work since the showrunners seem to only be interested in bargain bin options—and that’s being generous with names like Bethenny Frankel, Lisa Rinna, and Nene. I’d describe all three as narcissistic, and I would have no interest in hearing what those types have to say about so much as a hole in the ground. Brandi would probably be the best of that lot, if I was forced to choose. If the people running things can’t do better than this, they might as well put a fork in it.

This show is at the point of 'beyond saving'.  The ratings are in the toilet (even lower now that Osbourne is gone), they have D-list guests since no one worth their weight in gold wants to waste time on a show which no one is watching. With three boring hosts left, they should rename the show to 'The Trio' and finish out the month of May.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Zella said:

but I am not really sure that she was hired for the show for any other reason than because she was suddenly famous and it must have struck someone as a good PR move at the time. 

I don't know what the show's ratings were in March 2020 before they went virtual, but I've been wondering if ad revenue was already down and Marie's departure was partially for budgetary reasons. Elaine and Amanda were/are virtually unknowns who come with a much cheaper price tag. Now CBS is on the hook for Sharon's $10 million payout. I'm no prognosticator, but it's not looking good looking ahead. 

As I said before, I don't think they have anything to lose by adding a limited amount of people in so they have a live audience again. What Jimmy Fallon has been doing - bringing in fully-vaccinated, masked health care workers - is something right up their alley. Remember when (usually for the hosts' birthdays) they would have audiences made up of first responders, teachers, caregivers, veterans, etc.? I think they should go for it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I think Marcela did a good job guest hosting today, but I hope she doesn’t get hired as a permanent host because she was perpetually absent as a host on The Kitchen. I know her absence there was due in part to her living in Mexico and several pregnancies. Maybe her situation has changed now? 
ETA: Looks like she relocated to L.A. to be with her fiancé so she would not have the problem of the long commute with this show. 

Edited by Angeleyes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Zella said:

I've not watched her on the show, but I am wondering this too. I'd never heard of her before her husband came down with COVID (I didn't know who he was either), and from everything I've seen, she seems like a perfectly nice lady who dealt with an extraordinarily difficult situation last year, but I am not really sure that she was hired for the show for any other reason than because she was suddenly famous and it must have struck someone as a good PR move at the time. 

I didn't know either of them prior to Nick's passing and the Trump video either, but I came across this article from last October where a "source" said that Amanda didn't "rate" during her first appearance, but nothing was really rating at the time so they kept asking her back anyway and most likely chose to hire her over the more suitable choice imo Rumer for the PR: https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/1703552/the-talk-fans-battle-over-rumer-willis-amanda-kloots-hiring-marie-osmond-replacement/

9 hours ago, catlover79 said:

I don't know what the show's ratings were in March 2020 before they went virtual, but I've been wondering if ad revenue was already down and Marie's departure was partially for budgetary reasons. Elaine and Amanda were/are virtually unknowns who come with a much cheaper price tag. Now CBS is on the hook for Sharon's $10 million payout. I'm no prognosticator, but it's not looking good looking ahead. 

As I said before, I don't think they have anything to lose by adding a limited amount of people in so they have a live audience again. What Jimmy Fallon has been doing - bringing in fully-vaccinated, masked health care workers - is something right up their alley. Remember when (usually for the hosts' birthdays) they would have audiences made up of first responders, teachers, caregivers, veterans, etc.? I think they should go for it.

According to the article above the ratings when they returned to the studio were the same as the Zoom shows, but of course shooting in the studio was much more expensive. If CBS had sense they'd be listening to the viewers the show has left here and everywhere on else online and on social media and follow our suggestions. I know they're in crisis mode, but think and put your plans into action, people! 

7 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

I think Marcela did a good job guest hosting today, but I hope she doesn’t get hired as a permanent host because she was perpetually absent as a host on The Kitchen. I know her absence there was due in part to her living in Mexico and several pregnancies. Maybe her situation has changed now? 
ETA: Looks like she relocated to L.A. to be with her fiancé so she would not have the problem of the long commute with this show. 

I'd never heard of her before today (I don't really follow cooking shows), but she was good. I'd have to see more of her to determine if she'd be a good fit (to me anyway), but it helps that she has hosting experience.

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/29/2021 at 1:32 PM, catlover79 said:

I don't know what the show's ratings were in March 2020 before they went virtual, but I've been wondering if ad revenue was already down and Marie's departure was partially for budgetary reasons. Elaine and Amanda were/are virtually unknowns who come with a much cheaper price tag. Now CBS is on the hook for Sharon's $10 million payout. I'm no prognosticator, but it's not looking good looking ahead.

I'm not a fan of Marie Osmond, but I believe she helped the ratings when she joined for the tenth season, because many of her fans followed her to the show. That's when the rumors started that Sharon and Sheryl were 'miffed' because Osmond was the most popular host on the show, Next thing you know Osmond's gone, and the ratings hit rock bottom. The applicant pool must've been pretty shallow if Elaine and Amanda - two of the dullest women on television these days - were the best they could hire. Especially Kloots - she makes Sarah Gilbert look like an interesting host.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

The week's barely over and already they've got next week's schedule ready:

Monday - Founder of the #MeToo movement Tarana Burke and New York Times bestselling author Brene Brown discuss their book You Are Your Best Thing; actors Olivia Liang and Tzi Ma; actors Jerry O'Connell and Jamie Camil guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actor Toni Trucks; actors Jerry O'Connell and Justin Baldoni guest co-host.

Wednesday - Actor Brian Tyree Henry; actors Jerry O'Connell and Justin Baldoni guest co-host.

Thursday - Actors Jerry O'Connell and Justin Baldoni guest co-host.

Friday - Actor David Oyelowo; actors Jerry O'Connell and Justin Baldoni guest co-host.

I hope they're not seriously considering hiring a male co-host full-time, but I don't mind having them every now and again. Hopefully Jerry can remain tolerable instead of annoying, but at least Justin can provide some eye candy. 🥰

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I hope they're not seriously considering hiring a male co-host full-time, but I don't mind having them every now and again. Hopefully Jerry can remain tolerable instead of annoying, but at least Justin can provide some eye candy. 🥰

There are certain topics where I love to hear a male perspective. The MeToo movement is one of them. Some men think the movement is great. Some say they feel uneasy despite the fact they're good guys. Some guys think if you're genuinely a good guy, more than likely you have nothing to worry about interacting with women, which is what I think.

I recently watched a video on YouTube by someone named Matthew Hussey discuss women's safety, and I absolutely loved it. Sometimes men seem to have no idea why women aren't comfortable being out late at night or doing things alone or why we're on edge so often. It felt so good watching this guy who's not the stereotype of a scary guy (he's super cute and not very big) understand women just never know which strangers are safe. I think having men who are thoughtful about women's issues now and then would be great. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/28/2021 at 9:56 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

Guess I should have read the whole article about Sharon's cat going missing. Kitty is home safe and sound. Yay! I loved the pic of the kitty in the article, and that she was sitting on a kitchen counter. Our kitties sit wherever they want too, and I love like minded pet parents. 

I wish kitty would have have run off to a new happy home with less trashy parents. She was probably trying to escape from nasty Sharon.  

6 hours ago, rmcrae said:

The week's barely over and already they've got next week's schedule ready:

Monday - Founder of the #MeToo movement Tarana Burke and New York Times bestselling author Brene Brown discuss their book You Are Your Best Thing; actors Olivia Liang and Tzi Ma; actors Jerry O'Connell and Jamie Camil guest co-host.

Tuesday - Actor Toni Trucks; actors Jerry O'Connell and Justin Baldoni guest co-host.

Wednesday - Actor Brian Tyree Henry; actors Jerry O'Connell and Justin Baldoni guest co-host.

Thursday - Actors Jerry O'Connell and Justin Baldoni guest co-host.

Friday - Actor David Oyelowo; actors Jerry O'Connell and Justin Baldoni guest co-host.

I hope they're not seriously considering hiring a male co-host full-time, but I don't mind having them every now and again. Hopefully Jerry can remain tolerable instead of annoying, but at least Justin can provide some eye candy. 🥰

This is quite the D list show🤢

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

There are certain topics where I love to hear a male perspective. The MeToo movement is one of them. Some men think the movement is great. Some say they feel uneasy despite the fact they're good guys. Some guys think if you're genuinely a good guy, more than likely you have nothing to worry about interacting with women, which is what I think.

I recently watched a video on YouTube by someone named Matthew Hussey discuss women's safety, and I absolutely loved it. Sometimes men seem to have no idea why women aren't comfortable being out late at night or doing things alone or why we're on edge so often. It felt so good watching this guy who's not the stereotype of a scary guy (he's super cute and not very big) understand women just never know which strangers are safe. I think having men who are thoughtful about women's issues now and then would be great. 

I'll have to check out Matthew Hussey. Thanks for recommending him to me, @RealHousewife. 🙂 Hopefully Jerry and Jamie can give the male perspective on it during the Tarana Burke and Brene Brown interview Monday. The MeToo movement has encouraged victims, male and female, to expose many predators who would've continued getting away with their crimes (including a certain Mr. Moonves) otherwise and I'm 100% behind that, but it's also had a downside with people making false claims and irrevocably damaging the lives of the falsely accused. With both the pros and the cons, keeping the dialogue over the issue of sexual harassment/abuse is vital. 

7 hours ago, chediavolo said:

This is quite the D list show🤢

I'd say they're in good company since most of the guests Wendy Williams gets are either Z-list or ratchet reality show wannabe "celebs", but she puts little to no effort in her show. How that mess is still on the air is beyond me, but enough about her. Anyway, I have to be interested enough in the guest to stick around for the interview, regardless of their celebrity status. A-list doesn't always mean entertaining or interesting. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Presumably TPTB are looking for someone to replace Sharon, since Carrie Ann is supposed to return at some point? Though personally I don't think she will. To me they have to look at not only being diverse with regards to race, but with regards to the lifestyle of the person themselves. Currently the cast of 4 includes three women who do not have children. If they were to add someone like, say Rumer Willis, that would be 4 out of 5 cast members. And only one who is married, since only Eve in the current cast make up is married. One would think that a show called the talk would want people with diverse lives to represent a diverse audience? 

I find Rumer to be dull as dishwater. I don't care about her famous parents, and do not think she adds much to the show. I actually think Amanda adds more, and has an interesting (albeit sad) background. I also have found that she will go against the grain with her opinion, more than some of the others will. She just manages to say it in a sweet way. I would like to see someone who is a bit more forceful but that can still exude warmth. I find Eve, while obviously smart, to be a cold fish. 

I was going to delete the show from my PVR as most of the guest hosts they have had I do not know and am not interested in. I did like Jerry O'Connell the day he guested, so will tape next week to see if that opinion remains. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I'll have to check out Matthew Hussey. Thanks for recommending him to me, @RealHousewife. 🙂 Hopefully Jerry and Jamie can give the male perspective on it during the Tarana Burke and Brene Brown interview Monday. The MeToo movement has encouraged victims, male and female, to expose many predators who would've continued getting away with their crimes (including a certain Mr. Moonves) otherwise and I'm 100% behind that, but it's also had a downside with people making false claims and irrevocably damaging the lives of the falsely accused. With both the pros and the cons, keeping the dialogue over the issue of sexual harassment/abuse is vital. 

I'd say they're in good company since most of the guests Wendy Williams gets are either Z-list or ratchet reality show wannabe "celebs", but she puts little to no effort in her show. How that mess is still on the air is beyond me, but enough about her. Anyway, I have to be interested enough in the guest to stick around for the interview, regardless of their celebrity status. A-list doesn't always mean entertaining or interesting. 

No prob! He's a dating coach, so not sure if that's your thing. But I just loved that specific video. I think a lot of men can thoughtfully contribute to women's discussions. And I agree, MeToo is for male victims too. 

I agree with you about the guests as well. A list does not mean entertaining to me. Some huge stars just promote their latest work and don't have much else to say otherwise. I understand because I'd be shy on TV too, but they're not always the funnest guests. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Anyway, I have to be interested enough in the guest to stick around for the interview, regardless of their celebrity status. A-list doesn't always mean entertaining or interesting. 

Exactly!!  Me too.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

There are certain topics where I love to hear a male perspective. The MeToo movement is one of them. Some men think the movement is great. Some say they feel uneasy despite the fact they're good guys. Some guys think if you're genuinely a good guy, more than likely you have nothing to worry about interacting with women, which is what I think.

I remember back in late 2017, when the #MeToo movement just blew up, Howie Mandel was a guest co-host. It was interesting to hear from a male in show business on that subject. At the time, the hosts were Julie, Sara, Sharon, Sheryl and Eve. I believe Sharon was out that day, and that’s why Howie was a guest host. I also remember Eve wondering aloud who would be next, as this was when every day a new, different male public figure was being called out.

With the latest news about the Duggars, they should have plenty to talk about on the subject this coming week. I'm here for it.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size