Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

In he intro they say that the show is live. IS it? It seems they are up on the latest happenings.

It's live when they tape it. It may air live in the eastern time zone but for the rest I think sees it an hour or more later. Not completely sure about the exact details though.

Sharon drives me bonkers and I am convinced it's in her contract that she be first to comment on anything after Julie gets done talking about the topic at hand then looks to all of them for their views 

So today they played Burt Reynolds' comments about Angelina Jolie and also Charlie Sheen. It was horrifying that Reynolds said that Sheen "deserves" to get HIV bc of his behavior.. I'm not a huge Sheen fan, but wow. Also, didnt' Reynolds play the field pretty heavily with the ladies at some point? Pot/ kettle? IDK. It was brutal.

Edited by ari333
  • Love 2

I didn't take Burt's "deserve" as meaning Charlie deserves HIV. I think he meant that he deserves all the backlash he's getting from the media because of negative behavior and not telling the women who claim they had unprotected sex and/or he never told them about his DX. I honestly don't believe that Burt would say anyone deserves HIV.

I didn't take Burt's "deserve" as meaning Charlie deserves HIV. I think he meant that he deserves all the backlash he's getting from the media because of negative behavior and not telling the women who claim they had unprotected sex and/or he never told them about his DX. I honestly don't believe that Burt would say anyone deserves HIV.

Yeah, but HIV has always carried the stigma of a disease that people contract because they somehow behaved badly and deserve their punishment. Unlike cancer, where victims are almost always treated as true victims. Even though most adult cancers (not all, but most) are linked to smoking and other lifestyle behaviors. 

I didn't watch this episode. How did the panel respond to Reynolds' comments?

I didn't watch this episode. How did the panel respond to Reynolds' comments?

Sharon of course gave him a huge pass on what he said due to his age and she admitted that was the reason when Julie asked her. The other ladies didn't agree with what he said.

I didn't hear any mention of the show being "Live" today during the opening so I'm wondering if they taped all their shows in NY over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday? I know Fridays are never "Live".

Jeffery Dean Morgan is on today so I'm enjoying his segment at least. :)

Sharon of course gave him a huge pass on what he said due to his age and she admitted that was the reason when Julie asked her. The other ladies didn't agree with what he said.

I didn't hear any mention of the show being "Live" today during the opening so I'm wondering if they taped all their shows in NY over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday? I know Fridays are never "Live".

Jeffery Dean Morgan is on today so I'm enjoying his segment at least. :)

You & me both Jaded!!!  I didn't know who he was until he did that TV show with Halle Berry ..... drool!!!

The Talk had a compare and contrast moment for me today with The Wendy Show.  Both shows covered Brandi Glanville being upset that Leann Rimes continues to post social media pics of Brandi's children.

The Talk co-hosts were okay with Leann continuing to post the pics but Wendy felt that Brandi has a right to be upset.  My world has been turned upside down as I find myself agreeing with Wendy rather than The Talk co-hosts.  What has happened to me?

• Love 2

The Talk cast got Kenye'd at the People's Choice Awards. It was kind of awesome. Sharon kicked the dude and Cheryl had some quips and snatched the mic from him as he interrupted Sara Gilbert.

I finally figured why I never found Sheryl funny........I can't understand a damn word that comes out of her mouth. Tried to get the written verbal scroll that comes across the bottom of the screen, but nothing came on. My guess is they can't understand any of the shit that she says either....but no loss there as far as I'm concerned. 

She and Candace Cameron Bure (The View) should start a Come to Jesus Tour. Sheryl could do double duty at night by telling all the flock about how many famous footballers she has slept with. Who could forget about all those comments. Just knock it off with the religion talk and how much you love the Lord. Wrong show, "and frankly my dear, I don't give a DAMN!"

• Love 3

Sheryl is my favorite but I know that is not a popular opinion. I just find her very genuine, even in her humor and she does come up with some good zingers.

Me too.  I didn't like her at first, but she really grew on me.  She seems like a kind, thoughtful & good person, not to mention quite funny.  Just sayin'!

• Love 5

I agree about all Sheryl's attributes, except that I wish she would speak a bit more clearly. I KNOW she can do it...as she's done when talking about serious issues. However, when she's put at the end of the thread for a stupid laugh about "swap meet" jokes, it would be nice if we could understand exactly what she's talking about.

• Love 6

I've started to watch this show a lot more. I have noticed two things

-after Julie Chen introduces the first topic, Sharon is ALWAYS the first person to speak about it. Why?

-Sara Gilbert never goes hair and makeup before the show. She could look much better but never looks good.

-Sara Gilbert never goes hair and makeup before the show. She could look much better but never looks good.

But when she occasionally wears makeup, she puts on this thick black eyeliner that makes her look Goth. It's jarring (mildly jarring)

I've started to watch this show a lot more. I have noticed two things

-after Julie Chen introduces the first topic, Sharon is ALWAYS the first person to speak about it. Why?

Incorrect. Aisha OFTEN speaks first.

• Love 2

Vinyasa, depending on the question/subject, either Aisha or Sharon speaks first. And if for some reason the subject pertains to the LGBT community, Sarah leads. This is the formula they've come up with and apparently it works for them. And you can always count on Sheryl to end the conversation with a joke.

• Love 1

I really enjoyed seeing Rosie on the show today. She was at ease, funny and had me and the panel laughing. Standing O from the audience too. Nice to see her again after the trainwreck that is The View.

• Love 6

I tuned in to see Rosie too.  I've never seen more than 10 minutes of this show before.  I laughed to hear Sharon Osborne introduce Rosie "O'Donald" coming out of one of the breaks and was appalled at all the misspellings in the tweets scrolling across the bottom of the screen.  In order to have faith in my country, I'll tell myself their viewers aren't illiterate, just clumsy on the keyboard.

• Love 1

When talking about that '_______ (fill in the blank) Housewifes' (I don't watch the shows and can't tell them apart when I see clips) person who just came out of prison and is doing the interview circuit did Sharon actually say that she (the housewife) shouldn't be complaining about the conditions of the prison and that "if she had been raped at least she would have had some enjoyment"? The reactions at the table were pretty shocked and horrified but nobody called her on it which ... wow. I hardly ever watch this show as I can't stand how they cattle prod the audience into responding to virtually every comment ("booooooo!" "yaaaaaay!" etc.) but every now and then tune in (like when Rosie was on). 

Absolutely right, marsha.  I couldn't believe the others didn't call her on that.  Gawd!!!

They all looked to be as shocked as most viewers probably were. I'm thinking they may not have called her out on it right then and there due to the scene she may have made. I wish they all would have said something about it to her though. I hope people are expressing their thoughts about her comment on The Talk's Twitter and Facebook.

• Love 1

SO, Sharon just *apologized*.  Ya right!!!

I liked that she was put on the spot and ended up with that rambled *apology* because she wasn't expecting to have to explain what she meant. It made her look stupid.

• Love 3

I liked that she was put on the spot and ended up with that rambled *apology* because she wasn't expecting to have to explain what she meant. It made her look stupid.

She looked stupid because she IS stupid!!!  (I've been "on her case" for years, but she has many fans, so ....)

• Love 4

Thanks Jaded and Medicine Crow. I had to change the channel after she said that and wasn't called on it (and I'm sure that like on The View they wear earpieces where the control room can talk to them), even by the producers. I'm glad they did, though, and she was made to look stupid(er).  Did any of the other panelists say anything or did they just let Sharon ramble?

Edited by marsha
  • Love 2

I'm not a fan of her's. I tolerate her so I can watch the show though. I love it when she's out and they have people who sub for her who are always better at the job then she is.

• Love 3

Thanks Jaded and Medicine Crow. I had to change the channel after she said that and wasn't called on it (and I'm sure that like on The View they wear earpieces where the control room can talk to them), even by the producers. I'm glad they did, though, and she was made to look stupid(er).  Did any of the other panelists say anything or did they just let Sharon ramble?

They just let her ramble until her nonsense just petered out.  LOL.

I forgot I could watch in on the west coast airing so I just saw it a few minutes ago.

Typical non-apology 'apology' (the "I'm sorry if I offended anyone" as opposed to "what I said was wrong"). It was almost like she didn't even really recall what she said and her attitude was just this side of 'whatever'. She even ended it by saying that she didn't mean the comment for anyone watching but still meant it for the Real Housewife person she was talking about. Again: wow.

• Love 3

I forgot I could watch in on the west coast airing so I just saw it a few minutes ago.

Typical non-apology 'apology' (the "I'm sorry if I offended anyone" as opposed to "what I said was wrong"). It was almost like she didn't even really recall what she said and her attitude was just this side of 'whatever'. She even ended it by saying that she didn't mean the comment for anyone watching but still meant it for the Real Housewife person she was talking about. Again: wow.

I don't usually watch this show, and I definitely don't like Sharon, but that was a pretty stupid and outrageous thing to say initially.  Aisha? (the host to her right) looked mortified and covered her face with her hands.  Julie looked shocked, and Sheryl kind of looked at the audience with a knowing look, that suggested, shit is going to hit the fan.  But Sharon's apology was not an apology at all.  She defended it by saying it was a throw-away line in the context of her remarks about Theresa, not intended to hurt or offend anyone, and that anyone who knows her, knows she wouldn't say something like that (but she did say it and then she doubled down by saying she still meant it in relation to Theresa).  I think the apology made it worse!

But I too was surprised that as soon as she said those words, Julie or Sarah didn't quickly say, whoa, wait a minute, you are not suggesting rape is an enjoyable thing.  Cause that is what she said.  Their silence was deafening.

I found this article and had to edit my paraphrasing cause she actually wished that Theresa did not get raped, because that would have been enjoyable.  She's horrible.

http://www.etcanada.com/blogs/etc_179670/sharon-osbourne-apologizes-for-prison-rape-remark-about-teresa-giudice-on-the-talk/tv

Edited by bannana
  • Love 1

The neighbor who killed Salma Hayak's dog... couldn't something else be done before killing the dog? and also aren;'t dogs supposed to be on leashes so they cant terrorize smaller animals and children on other peoples' property?

(edited)

Here's one. A female high school teacher went out of the classroom for hall patrol or some such and (inadvertently) left her phone on her desk. A 16 yr old male student went into her phone (it was unlocked) and found her Valentine's nude photo of herself to her husband that was on her private phone that she had sent to no one else but the husband. The student took a photo of that nude image with his own phone and sent it all over the school and social media. The teacher was asked to resign.  Thoughts?

Edited by ari333

Here's one. A female high school teacher went out of the classroom for hall patrol or some such and (inadvertently) left her phone on her desk. A 16 yr old male student went into her phone (it was unlocked) and found her Valentine's nude photo of herself to her husband that was on her private phone that she had sent to no one else but the husband. The student took a photo of that nude image with his own phone and sent it all over the school and social media. The teacher was asked to resign.  Thoughts?

The student was certainly the one in the wrong, and the teacher actually did nothing wrong, except for being a little scatterbrained. But teachers, like some other professions, are in a position where their personal lives are judged rather harshly since they serve as role models for children. 

This is a case, though, were the teacher can challenge for wrongful termination. If she's part of the teacher's union, they certainly will come to her aid. 

• Love 3

The student was certainly the one in the wrong, and the teacher actually did nothing wrong, except for being a little scatterbrained. But teachers, like some other professions, are in a position where their personal lives are judged rather harshly since they serve as role models for children. 

This is a case, though, were the teacher can challenge for wrongful termination. If she's part of the teacher's union, they certainly will come to her aid. 

I hope so. Also at the end of the segment I think they mentioned that LE was looking into charges against the student. He shouldn't have been at her desk and going through her phone. And for sure not taking photos of her personal photos. 

• Love 1

So if you have a tiny waist you can tweet your naked self all over everywhere...ok Sharon

This whole thing makes me sick...

I so agree .... and as if that wasnt touched up---- so tired of all this female sexuality constantly on display --- so inappropriate --- come on enough!!!!!! Edited by Dahlia
  • Love 1

OMG WTF Lynda Carter you are a complete mush mouth/brain.

Did you have a pitcher of martinis for lunch!??

When you ramble incoherently and Julie has to finish your sentences you need to take your leave

• Love 1