Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

Woo hoo, I think my lurker-only cherry done been busted LOL.  I was too intimidated to post much at TWoP but it's nice and friendly here so..off to find the submit button.  Cheers!

I was always kind of scared when posting at TWoP too so I stuck to one thread there for the time I finally did post before they closed. During that time I got warned twice for grammar once was for using more then one period at the end of a sentence. So being too intimidated or scared to post there sounds completely normal to me. I've found it  lot easier to post and chat here like you have. So here's to hoping this thread picks up in the future. 

I miss the more frequent cooking segments they were doing last year and previously. It seems like they've expanded the hot topic bit at the start of the show kind of like Meredith did with her show so they don't have time for as much as they used to.

• Love 1

Interesting how we all feel the same way about Sharon. She could leave the panel and I wouldn't miss her one iota. In fact, when she was "on hiatus" for a few weeks a while back, it was most enjoyable shows ever...until her equally fake daughter filled in for her.

I'm also warming up to Sheryl these days. Maybe someone told her how "over the top" she was acting. I do enjoy her comedy, but I also enjoy her more vulnerable/serious side.

• Love 1

Wow!  There's new posts in this forum!  

I don't watch regularly, but do prefer The Talk's hosts to the current (and many of the past) hosts on The View.  

I just wish The Talk had a little less gossip/celebrity hot topics.

Sharon -  doesn't bug me too much, but she does have a "I know best" attitude about her. 

Julie - I've been watching on Big Brother since the beginning, so seeing her is like seeing an old friend

Sara -  only knew from Roseanne and Big Bang Theory, and is likeable in her non-acting role.

Aisha - I had never seen before and still know little about her.  She is likeable though.

Sheryl - also didn't know before and because she would always be joking, I found it took a while to warm up to her.  Since seeing her discuss serious topics without bringing the jokes, I've come to like her too.

• Love 2

Speaking of Sharon, it's being reported that her idiot daughter has Hypothyroidism that caused her to lose fifteen pounds but won't take medication for it because she doesn't want to gain the weight back.  The main side effect of it is Osteoporosis.  Now that's a smart girl!!!

• Love 1

OMG ! I was horrified by that clip of the cop throwing that girl in her desk and then throwing the girl around because of a phone. She didn't have a gun or a knife... omg...

Speaking of Sharon, it's being reported that her idiot daughter has Hypothyroidism that caused her to lose fifteen pounds but won't take medication for it because she doesn't want to gain the weight back.  The main side effect of it is Osteoporosis.  Now that's a smart girl!!!

Was it HYPERthyroidism?

• Love 1

OMG ! I was horrified by that clip of the cop throwing that girl in her desk and then throwing the girl around because of a phone. She didn't have a gun or a knife... omg...

Was it HYPERthyroidism?

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hyperthyroidism/basics/definition/con-20020986

I agreed with what Aisha said.  The girl had been asked by three people in authority to leave the class & she refused.  CNN is now saying she threw a punch at the police officer.

If I was that kid, I wouldn't even go home because I know there would be a never-ending series of punishments.  Disclaimer:  I didn't have children, but I was a "willful teenager" who was a real hand-full for my parents.  Looking back, they were Saints, but did what needed to be done.  Aisha mentioned shame on the family & that's exactly the way my parents felt when I got into trouble.

• Love 1

I was disgusted by what Aisha said today. It doesn't matter what a child said - there is no excuse for an adult to slam a child to the ground.

She hardly let anyone else speak - I was interested in what Sheryl and Sara had to say.

• Love 1

Wow.  I've only been watching for around a year and may have missed an incident or two but dammitall with Mrs. O vs. Aisha today.

Aisha said he was NOT justified with his reaction--then Sharon said "Hold on Aisha...so you think it's fine to take a young girl and throw her around a claaahhhsroom?  What would you do when she got home...you gonna throw her around?"

Was the esteemed and elevated Mrs. O not listening?   

Sitting there with her arms crossed so dismissively...being so magnificently stoopid about Aisha's commentary...ugh.   At least Aisha refuted what that idiot said. 

Whew...back on topic.  Maybe not though.  My daughter deleted the DVR of this thinking I'd already watched it so I can't even comment on the rest of the show. 

Shit. 

Hopefully tomorrow's show will be worthy of discussion because Monday's show was as dull as dishwater.

Edited by MsMayhem
  • Love 2

I thought Aisha explained herself pretty well. Then Mrs. O had to go and have a huge hissy fit because it seemed like she either wasn't listening or chose to go after Aisha on purpose having known damn well that what she said. The cop shouldn't have assaulted the girl in that way and there isn't an excuse for that at all. If the girl had listened to her teacher or not done whatever she got in trouble for that cop wouldn't have ended up in that room. I saw on TV that the cop has a history at that school though but don't know if he's ever been caught on video before.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 2

That's right. Black children aren't children they are "punk ass 16 year olds". I stand corrected.

Absolutely no disrespect intended Miss Slay!!  Just for context, I live near a Catholic High School & a common rant in our neighbourhood newsletter (on-line) is about "punk-ass" teens hiding in alleys to smoke at lunch time & when asked to leave, they hurl insults at the property owner.  So, punk-ass refers to any colour, creed, etc. 

• Love 3
So, punk-ass refers to any colour, creed, etc.

Still not seeing why it's apparently okay to refer to this particular child that way.

Sharon wasn't listening to Aiysha or she was listening and didn't care. Wow.

I think Sharon has "issues" with Aisha. She's pretty much gotten it under control but there used to be noticeable eye-rolling when Aisha was saying something Sharon didn't agree with (or perhaps even understand). That said, IMO, unfortunately Ivy League school grad Aisha sometimes comes across as "too smart for the room" and that may bug people like Sharon. Sharon may be a wiz in show business management but she's far from being an intellectual (and seems to be proud of it).

I caught Sheryl's impassioned defense of Aisha before I had to go do something else. While I appreciated the sentiment it eventually got to the point where I wanted her to stop talking. She was starting to contradict herself in ways that probably weren't really helping Aisha's situation.

Edited to spell Aisha's name correctly.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu

If the ladies just wanted to have fun and lip-synch, I think TV viewers can handle that one day of the year. The silly five-way "tie", and making Joey Fatone have to drag out the "suspense" wasn't needed. I liked their costumes and thought Sheryl rocked her song.

Genuine question: With Leah Remini's book out, will she come on the show to talk about it?  I know there has been bad blood between Leah and Sharon (?), but couldn't Sara or Julie, or both, overrule Sharon on that?

Edited by Actionmage
  • Love 5

If the ladies just wanted to have fun and lip-synch, I think TV viewers can handle that one day of the year. The silly five-way "tie", and making Joey Fatone have to drag out the "suspense" wasn't needed. I liked their costumes and thought Sheryl rocked her song.

Genuine question: With Leah Remini's book out, will she come on the show to talk about it?  I know there has been bad blood between Leah and Sharon (?), but couldn't Sara or Julie, or both, overrule Sharon on that?

From you finger tips to the eyes of TPTB (Les Moonves / Julie Chen).

• Love 1

I thought Julie Chen rocked it. She showed so much personality & talent. Who knew she could work it. It's odd because on BIg Brother she looks like a wreck during the live eviction shows & here she was so alive and fun. I guess impersonating someone else helps.

• Love 2

The deference to Sharon also bugs me.  She is really the weak link for me.  I find the other women to be sincere in their responses, and while I am surprised often enough by their responses that they seem legit to me, and not some stock phrase bs.  I don't usually watch the interviews because, like most shows, they are all about shilling for a network show.  However, the "hot topics" or whatever they call them, are quite well done.

I even enjoyed the karaoke, though I had to come here to comment that once again Sharon was the weak link.  Standing at the back with your back turned?  Really?  Sarah was clearly not comfortable but she still got out there.  Regardless, I enjoy this show more often than not, maybe because it doesn't try to take itself too seriously.

• Love 3

I haven't been able to watch The Talk yesterday or today.  Has Leah's book been mentioned at all?  I watched Leah's 20/20 interview and would think an interview at The Talk would be just like a cage match if Sharon and Leah would have to interact.  It could be a win-win.  More time spent on debunking Scientology along with dialogue between enemies.

• Love 3

I keep forgetting about this interesting thread bc it is not on the main list. Anyway..... I thought Dr. Ken was hilarious... previously like in standup and other things. His show just blows. I was sad bc I thought it would be good.

• Love 1

Whur is er'body? Is no one watching with me dammit? :)

Fih-ty cent, Vivica A, Fox (who looks stunning btw) [/jealous], The Beibes being an ass..... Demi Lovato and that Jonas charging fans $10,000 for a meet and greet and not including concert tickets.... omg... where do I start?

• Love 2

I'm sorry. I've been sleeping through the show here lately due to napping before my Mom's aide comes for her allotted time so I've missed a few shows. I'm watching today though since a fill in aide came and woke me up this morning.

That case about the 8yr old boy was so sad and infuriating. Leaving that boy with all those kids just so 2 nimwits could go clubbing. 

• Love 4

HUGS, Jaded That is so hard.....

Yes, that was really  sad about that little girl. And wow... an 8 yr old? I thought 8 yrs old was too young to  be left alone, much less in charge of 3 siblings and another infant.

• Love 3

Still watching, but doing a LOT of fast-forwarding lately...mostly due to Sharon, whose opinion (apparently) is the only one that counts. Beats me why these ladies think she's the best thing since sliced cheese. Cheesy maybe, but hardly the best. Ugh.

• Love 2

Still watching, but doing a LOT of fast-forwarding lately...mostly due to Sharon, whose opinion (apparently) is the only one that counts. Beats me why these ladies think she's the best thing since sliced cheese. Cheesy maybe, but hardly the best. Ugh.

I wouldn't put it past her to have a clause in her contract that they go to her first when every topic is discussed. It sounds like something right up her alley.

• Love 2

HUGS, Jaded That is so hard.....

Yes, that was really  sad about that little girl. And wow... an 8 yr old? I thought 8 yrs old was too young to  be left alone, much less in charge of 3 siblings and another infant.

It is hard. I get overwhelmed in new ways everyday. I feel like I keep mentioning it too often when posting though.

No 8yr old child should be left to supervise any other children or left by themselves in this day and age. Those two irresponsible Moms should have known better and it's a sad excuse that they put clubbing ahead of caring for their children properly. If they needed a night out to be alone they should have set up proper care for all of those kids. I wouldn't doubt if that little boy was simulating something he saw in person or on TV. What he saw may not have been someone beating a baby but rather an adult or older child so he thought it was ok to do the same. Someone may have even done it to him. I'm going to Google and see if anything else has come to light about the whole situation.

• Love 2

Whur is er'body? Is no one watching with me dammit? :)

Sorry, today was the first day that I was able to watch this week.  I wish that I could provide scintillating commentary on today's show, but it was seriously underwhelming.  The volume was on, I swear, but the show was a huge yawn.  Didn't care about the opening discussion, the guest, or the cooking.  The only thing I could think of during the cooking segment was to wonder if anything was being prepared that Sarah could eat.  I believe everything contained meat.  Again, all my comments are predicated on the fact that I may have missed something worthwhile but I sure can't think of anything that captured my interest.  YMMV

• Love 1

Alanis Morissette was an interesting interview. I'm glad that Alanis finds there has been progress made for females in the music industry.  That gives me hope for my daughters.

It's hard to believe that Jagged Little Pill has been out for 20 years.  

• Love 2

The only thing I could think of during the cooking segment was to wonder if anything was being prepared that Sarah could eat.  I believe everything contained meat.

Okay, then; it's not just me.  9 out of 10 times there is a cooking segment, the dishes are as far from vegetarian as you can get, not counting the cocktails. The dishes may sound good to me, but then I realize there is nothing vegetarian/vegan for Sarah and I feel badly that one of the executive producers can't get one damn dish that highlights her preference while there has been meat out the ying yang. I

'm not vegetarian, but for pete's sake, there's got to be more yummy veggie recipes than side dishes and Tofurkey! I just saw a segment last week on The Chew about a gluten-free, vegetarian restaurant that does classical and Southern food in SoCal.Snag that lady for a segment! ( The food looked delicious and I wish I could remember the name! I'll report back with it!)

Well,,,it's hard to describe. She talks very fast, she doesn't dress  well, she isn't really as smart as she thinks. I truly don't know how to desribe it properly. 

She also relies on her note cards way too much. It annoys me when they cant be bothered to remember a few things about a guest or  segment of the show. Meredith Viera did it a lot on The View, very frustrating.

I think they ALL rely on their note cards because apparently they discuss their topics ahead of time...and since it appears that each of them has a "role" in the discussions, they want to highlight their talking points. I believe this also plays into the reason why she talks fast because (other than Sharon), she usually has the most to say.

The days of Meredith and the original View co-hosts is long gone. They've been copied, but never duplicated. Even the View in its 37th incarnation is nowhere near what the original concept of panel discussion was intended.

I liked Aisha when she hosted "Talk Soup" so was happy when she got the gig on The Talk.

• Love 2

I don't even bother watching the cooking segments anymore. The only exception I make is for Fabio Viviani :-)

Yes, they are not very good.  I do break for Fabio though.  I am not a fan of Italian food but he often comes up with something without tomato sauce!  What is with these people and their canned tomatoes anyway?  I never use canned food.  

Some do come up with something vegan for Sara but not often and I understand why; it is very limited.  I eat meat and love it yet always alert to inventive vegetable dishes.  I aim to have them 2/3 rds of my plate so I am eager to find new ideas.  I am a creative cook so I rarely find something new to do to them.   That would be a good cooking segment.  Good vegetable sides that are not laden with cheese and/or bread crumbs.  My new favorite is red cabbage, fennel, apple slaw. 

Edited by wings707

Sara is an EP on the show so I'm sure if she absolutely wanted something to eat each time a chef was on she could ask for and get it. Maybe she doesn't like eating on TV so  to her it doesn't matter one way or the other?

Well,,,it's hard to describe. She talks very fast, she doesn't dress  well, she isn't really as smart as she thinks. I truly don't know how to desribe it properly. 

She also relies on her note cards way too much. It annoys me when they cant be bothered to remember a few things about a guest or  segment of the show. Meredith Viera did it a lot on The View, very frustrating.

Aisha does talk fast, she throws around SAT words, but I've never noticed her clothing-- don't stylists pick out their outfits? In any event, i still find her to be personable and engaging on the Talk. But I'm biased. Like MsTree, I've been an Aisha fan since Talk Soup. Even though I don't always agree with her, such as when she defended the school security guard who slammed the student to the ground because the girls was a punk? thug? who wouldn't turn over her cell phone. 

Aisha has an online podcast, and it has allowed me to learn more of her true personality, which is funny, down to earth, and quite caring. Yes, she still talks fast and tries to sound smart (she did go to Dartmouth, in case you didn't know. LOL). You should check it out. Here's a link to one of my favorite episodes, her interview with actor Corey Stoll:

http://girlonguy.net/podcast/girl-on-guy-152-corey-still/

• Love 1

Aisha does talk fast, she throws around SAT words, but I've never noticed her clothing-- don't stylists pick out their outfits? In any event, i still find her to be personable and engaging on the Talk. But I'm biased. Like MsTree, I've been an Aisha fan since Talk Soup. Even though I don't always agree with her, such as when she defended the school security guard who slammed the student to the ground because the girls was a punk? thug? who wouldn't turn over her cell phone. 

Aisha has an online podcast, and it has allowed me to learn more of her true personality, which is funny, down to earth, and quite caring. Yes, she still talks fast and tries to sound smart (she did go to Dartmouth, in case you didn't know. LOL). You should check it out. Here's a link to one of my favorite episodes, her interview with actor Corey Stoll:

http://girlonguy.net/podcast/girl-on-guy-152-corey-still/

Thanks for that link. I like her too. She's the best one on that panel.

• Love 1

Sara is an EP on the show so I'm sure if she absolutely wanted something to eat each time a chef was on she could ask for and get it. Maybe she doesn't like eating on TV so  to her it doesn't matter one way or the other?

Yes, she's the EP, but how much power does she really have? After the Season 1 drama with Leah and Holly, there were rumors that Sara didn't have a problem with either of them, but Julie (and Sharon, too I guess) didn't like Leah and Holly and were instrumental in their departure. None of this has been confirmed, mind you. But I never heard anything about Sara, either being their advocate or pushing them out. I know she's a naturally quiet, introverted person. I don't know how this affects her leadership style. 

• Love 1

I wasn't glued to the tv during today's show, but did Sharon pull the blue card out of Julie's hands and then start asking for our vote for People's Choice Award?  It seemed as though there was a delay or awkwardness in the transition to Sharon talking about the voting.

Today's show kept my attention, except for my short lapse with Sharon.  Watching the scenes of the crazy Black Friday shoppers made me so happy that I shop online.  Those shoppers were insane.  I wish that someone would have explained to Sheryl that Black Friday used to refer to the date when stores moved into profitable status, from red to black.  At least that's the way I remembered, but I have been known to be wrong.  Just once or twice though.

Now I'm off to check out voting for People's Choice Awards!

I wish that someone would have explained to Sheryl that Black Friday used to refer to the date when stores moved into profitable status, from red to black.  At least that's the way I remembered, but I have been known to be wrong.  Just once or twice though.

The thing is, I'm sure Sheryl already knows. I don't even know what she said, but Sheryl has a habit of playing dumb to make a funny joke. She doesn't do it as often as she used to, but it still happens sometimes. 

• Love 3