Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Now We're Talking

• Start Topic

Seriously what is with having a guest host when everybody’s there? I’m not mad at seeing Pat Harvey (the last few minutes of her anyway), but it’s still odd.

Holly Robinson Peete is in that Hallmark movie with Rick Fox, but of course she’s ignored and they used a clip without her. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Holly Robinson Peete is in that Hallmark movie with Rick Fox, but of course she’s ignored and they used a clip without her. 

When J-Lo had a movie with Leah Remini last year, they did the talk shows round together to promote their movie, except for the talk..  The ladies are very petty on the talk, even the former hosts of the view have all been back to promote their different projects at some point.  

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

When J-Lo had a movie with Leah Remini last year, they did the talk shows round together to promote their movie, except for the talk..  The ladies are very petty on the talk, even the former hosts of the view have all been back to promote their different projects at some point.  

I have that movie on my DVR. Holly used to be a host, so I assumed she'd be on. Wow, they did act like she didn't exist.  What happened with HRP?  I'm shocked that her named wasn't even mentioned she's the lead.

Yes I almost forgot to mention The View. I always think the Talk hosts seem friendly but damn,  Every past co host has been back on the View.

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

remove sharon Osbourne...the show will probably allow past co hosts to return.

So she had the problem with Holly Robinson Peete ? 

Why even have Rick Fox on? I never would have noticed how petty this show was, except for having RF on to promote a movie that an ex host is the lead and the don't mention her once.It was embarrassingly obvious . They went way out of their way to make HRP invisible. So tacky.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

So she had the problem with Holly Robinson Peete ? 

Why even have Rick Fox on? I never would have noticed how petty this show was, except for having RF on to promote a movie that an ex host is the lead and the don't mention her once.It was embarrassingly obvious . They went way out of their way to make HRP invisible. So tacky.

According to Sharon, Holly was not Black enough and didn't know her place. 

• Love 2

@Coffeewinewater, It's a looooong story, chile. I'll try to find the post where I talked about it on one of these pages, but to make a long story short, Sharon was a nightmare to everybody and Leah tried to bring everyone together only for it to blow up in her face and poor Holly got the boot too. It was a mess!

14 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Not so much petty as knowing they'd look silly as hell inviting Holly or Leah back as guests when they've pretended like they never existed there in the first place. I remember when The Talk hosts were on Watch What Happens Live a few years ago and Andy asked if they'd ever have Holly and Leah back as guests. Julie said yes, if they wanted to promote something (knowing full well she'd never have them back as long as she was there) and Sharon made a bitchy remark about them working at craft service.

I'm sure Sara wouldn't mind and neither would Sheryl, Eve and Carrie Ann since they weren't there when the shit went down, but Sharon would be too much of a coward to sit her plastic ass in that seat and talk to them. Whenever she leaves (or, please Lord, gets canned!) I can see them coming back as guests. It took a couple of years for some of the ex-View panelists to come back (particularly the ones with stormy exits) so it's not impossible for the same to happen here. 

I forgot to mention that Marissa Jaret Winokur was a former Talk (kinda sorta) host who was fired and has been back a few times as a guest and guest co-host. I always got the feeling she wouldn't last since she was rarely there and did field segments. And of course, there's Aisha. Julie won't be able to return for obvious reasons.

2 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Sharon and Holly's issues fo back to when both were on celebrity apprentice together.

I didn't watch, but remember hearing about them not getting along on that show. Celebrity Apprentice was over and the bitch still got Holly. SMH.  

Edited by rmcrae
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, rmcrae said:

@Coffeewinewater, It's a looooong story, chile. I'll try to find the post where I talked about it on one of these pages, but to make a long story short, Sharon was a nightmare to everybody and Leah tried to bring everyone together only for it to blow up in her face and poor Holly got the boot too. It was a mess!

Not so much petty as knowing they'd look silly as hell inviting Holly or Leah back as guests when they've pretended like they never existed there in the first place. I remember when The Talk hosts were on Watch What Happens Live a few years ago and Andy asked if they'd ever have Holly and Leah back as guests. Julie said yes, if they wanted to promote something (knowing full well she'd never have them back as long as she was there) and Sharon made a bitchy remark about them working at craft service.

I'm sure Sara wouldn't mind and neither would Sheryl, Eve and Carrie Ann since they weren't there when the shit went down, but Sharon would be too much of a coward to sit her plastic ass in that seat and talk to them. Whenever she leaves (or, please Lord, gets canned!) I can see them coming back as guests. It took a couple of years for some of the ex-View panelists to come back (particularly the ones with stormy exits) so it's not impossible for the same to happen here. 

I forgot to mention that Marissa Jaret Winokur was a former Talk (kinda sorta) host who was fired and has been back a few times as a guest and guest co-host. I always got the feeling she wouldn't last since she was rarely there and did field segments. And of course, there's Aisha. Julie won't be able to return for obvious reasons.

I didn't watch, but remember hearing about them not getting along on that show. Celebrity Apprentice was over and the bitch still got Holly. SMH.  

Thank you @rmcrae. I really see why so many dislike Sharon Osbourne. I have  been Googling . (I'm not avoiding work or anything 😉)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Sharon and Holly did not get along on Celebrity Apprentice. I was actually surprised that they were both hosts back when the show first started. You could also see some of that when the show began. Sharon would make snide little comments to Holly at times.

I knew that they would not show or mention Holly. She is the actual star of those movies, not Rick Fox. 

Sorry mcrae! Raggedy Ann was on today, Sara and Eve were out. Jodie Sweetin was on. No mention of Lori Loughlin college story. Even though mention has been made in the press that one of her daughters received a letter notifying her that she may be investigated over the scam too. That's a pretty big development not to talk about. You just know that they promised Jodi that there would be no mention of anything about Lori on the show while she was there. 

Edited by Mikita
Correct information Rick is in all movies, but still not star!
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, Mikita said:

Sharon and Holly did not get along on Celebrity Apprentice. I was actually surprised that they were both hosts back when the show first started. You could also see some of that when the show began. Sharon would make snide little comments to Holly at times.

I knew that they would not show or mention Holly. She is the actual star of those movies, not Rick Fox. Six of these movies have been made and Rick Fox has only been in three of them, the last three. 

Sorry mcrae! Raggedy Ann was on today, Sara and Eve were out. Jodie Sweetin was on. No mention of Lori Loughlin college story. Even though mention has been made in the press that one of her daughters received a letter notifying her that she may be investigated over the scam too. That's a pretty big development not to talk about. You just know that they promised Jodi that there would be no mention of anything about Lori on the show while she was there. 

Why did Sharon despise Holly? Was it for the same reason she hated Aisha. 

53 minutes ago, Mikita said:

Jodie Sweetin was on. No mention of Lori Loughlin college story. Even though mention has been made in the press that one of her daughters received a letter notifying her that she may be investigated over the scam too. That's a pretty big development not to talk about. You just know that they promised Jodi that there would be no mention of anything about Lori on the show while she was there. 

I was so surprised to see Jodie there and sitting right next to Sharon who has talked so much "ish" about her co-star Lori. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why did Sharon despise Holly? Was it for the same reason she hated Aisha. 

I think it was due to competition and being on opposite teams.

I recall Cyndi Lauper was a guest the first season..and she and Holly didnt get along on Celebrity..but Cyndi said she knew it wasn't personal..it was a competition and a game.  I then recall Cyndi asking Sharon how things were between her and Holly...and Sharon brushed her off by quickly saying everything was fine.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Thank you @rmcrae. I really see why so many dislike Sharon Osbourne. I have  been Googling . (I'm not avoiding work or anything 😉)

LOL! You’re welcome, @Coffeewinewater. 🙂 

7 hours ago, Mikita said:

I knew that they would not show or mention Holly. She is the actual star of those movies, not Rick Fox. Six of these movies have been made and Rick Fox has only been in three of them, the last three. 

Damn damn damn! Two hosts gone and the wench isn’t one of them. *pouts*

On Wendy Williams show this morning she mentioned Eve’s “Free Britney” shirt. She’s been watching to hear what they say about her like I knew she would.

Edited by rmcrae
Just remembered something
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, A.J. said:

I was so surprised to see Jodie there and sitting right next to Sharon who has talked so much "ish" about her co-star Lori. 

She's losing her job on Fuller House, The Talk will be hiring.  She's going to listen to whatever she has to, and pretend like she doesn't care if it helps her get another job.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

She's losing her job on Fuller House, The Talk will be hiring.  She's going to listen to whatever she has to, and pretend like she doesn't care if it helps her get another job.

I don't watch Fuller House, but I'd hate to see all those folks out of job because of what Lori did. If The Connors can bounce back from Roseanne's shit I don't see how Fuller House couldn't either. Especially since Lori isn't the main star.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, rmcrae said:

I don't watch Fuller House, but I'd hate to see all those folks out of job because of what Lori did. If The Connors can bounce back from Roseanne's shit I don't see how Fuller House couldn't either. Especially since Lori isn't the main star.

I know they didn't give an official reason for it but I thought they cancelled it cause of ratings and competition.  I wouldn't think it would have anything to do with Lori, cause like you said she wasn't a main star on this version.  But who knows......……:)

On Friday's show, SO said she became a fan of Jason Momoa when she saw him ride a white horse on Game of Thrones.  I don't remember him ever riding a white horse!!  Anyone???  (I know, SO is prone to pulling scenarios out of her butt.)

• LOL 3

Netflixed announced the 5th and final season of Fuller House back in January of this year, so the decision was made well before the shit hit the fan.  They dumped Lori on March 16th.  The last I heard, they have not begun filming, so they need to rewrite the scripts instead of refilming the episodes.  In one of the gossip mags, there was an article that mentioned the original cast could lose out on royalties/residuals if stations decide to remove Full House from their lineup.  Her actions could affect a lot of people for many years to come.  Shame, shame Aunt Becky.

On topic-I stopped watching about 6 weeks ago.  I'm sad to see Sara go.  I don't have much opinion on Sharon.  I could take or leave her.  I'm not a fan of Carrie Ann.  That woman has more baggage than an airport, and she's not as funny as she thinks she is.  YMMV.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sixlets said:

Netflixed announced the 5th and final season of Fuller House back in January of this year, so the decision was made well before the shit hit the fan.  They dumped Lori on March 16th.  The last I heard, they have not begun filming, so they need to rewrite the scripts instead of refilming the episodes.  In one of the gossip mags, there was an article that mentioned the original cast could lose out on royalties/residuals if stations decide to remove Full House from their lineup.  Her actions could affect a lot of people for many years to come.  Shame, shame Aunt Becky.

On topic-I stopped watching about 6 weeks ago.  I'm sad to see Sara go.  I don't have much opinion on Sharon.  I could take or leave her.  I'm not a fan of Carrie Ann.  That woman has more baggage than an airport, and she's not as funny as she thinks she is.  YMMV.

Oh, well that's good the shameless criminal's shenanigans had nothing to do with the show ending. Sucks that the rest of the cast could still suffer monetary consequences for it though.

Schedule for next week:

Monday - Actor Dax Shepard; Wayne Brady guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Comic Sebastian Maniscalco; chef Lorena Garcia; Brooke Sheilds guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Seth McFarlane.

Thursday - Actors Emayatzy Corinealdi, Noel Fisher, Aliyah Royale and Noah Wyle ("The Red Line").

Friday - Shemar Moore; Victoria Rowell; Christel Khalil; Bryton James; Rosie Rios; Bridget Moynahan.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Oh, well that's good the shameless criminal's shenanigans had nothing to do with the show ending. Sucks that the rest of the cast could still suffer monetary consequences for it though.

Schedule for next week:

Monday - Actor Dax Shepard; Wayne Brady guest co-hosts.

Tuesday - Comic Sebastian Maniscalco; chef Lorena Garcia; Brooke Sheilds guest co-hosts.

Wednesday - Actor Seth McFarlane.

Thursday - Actors Emayatzy Corinealdi, Noel Fisher, Aliyah Royale and Noah Wyle ("The Red Line").

Friday - Shemar Moore; Victoria Rowell; Christel Khalil; Bryton James; Rosie Rios; Bridget Moynahan.

Yay for Friday's show.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Blissfool said:

But...but...but.. its-all-about-me-I'm-so-good-looking Shemar Moore. 😩

Yes he is full of himself and of all of those listed he will be the last one I want to see.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, rcc said:

Yes he is full of himself and of all of those listed he will be the last one I want to see.

He is also trying hard to prove how straight he is.. I have no problem with him not speaking about his private business, it is the constant mugging that irks my nerves..

• Love 6

I completely agree with Brooke Shields regarding the "power of fashion" comment JLo made. I had her exact same thought when I saw the clip. It was sex making the statement with those dresses. Jennifer Lopez's dress was a sensation due to how revealing it was. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I completely agree with Brooke Shields regarding the "power of fashion" comment JLo made. I had her exact same thought when I saw the clip. It was sex making the statement with those dresses. Jennifer Lopez's dress was a sensation due to how revealing it was. 

yes. love brooke shields. it was also nice to see she isn't going overboard hiding her female hair loss at the crown. it was noticeable. this is a thing that  happens to a lot of women her age and it is not talked about. she doesn't need all those long extensions though. she'd look even more beautiful with a shorter cut. can ....not....stand.....j-lo. she is oblivious to the truth. fashion my ass.. it was all about if your tits were gonna fall out. men loved the dress. women thought you were an attention grabbing slut. 

On 4/10/2019 at 5:18 PM, Medicine Crow said:

One thing I thought they would mention was the guy trying to poach a rhino who got killed by an elephant & eaten by lions.  Now THAT'S what I want to hear about!!!

totally agree! more animal abusers/killers need to get their karma. love love love that story.....

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Is it just me, or has Sara "opened up" since her announcement.  She seems more relaxed, funny, quip-prone, sarcastically digging SO, it's refreshing!!!

She’s got less than three months before ditching Endora. I’d be footloose and fancy free too! Lol. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if they “surprise” Shemar with a clip of him dancing on Soul Train for the umpteenth time. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Eve must feel stupid with her wearing her free Britney t-shirt a few days ago. There is a reason why they say you need to get all of the facts before you jump to conclusions.  The people on social media lost their minds that Britney's family was getting death threats for putting Britney in a facility. It is why Britney felt the need to have to explain to the public about getting her medication recalibrated and her need to get healthy.  It is sad that it had to come to that point.  

20 hours ago, Medicine Crow said:

Is it just me, or has Sara "opened up" since her announcement.  She seems more relaxed, funny, quip-prone, sarcastically digging SO, it's refreshing!!!

Sarah has opened up a lot since Julie and her husband left the show.  

• Love 3

The ladies of the talk had a very nuanced discussion about Jussie Smollett situation.  While they did not approve of what Jussie is accused of doing allegedly, they don't believe he should be ruined for life either.  

The friendship between Carrieanne and Sheryl is just so heartwarming and beautiful.  Their discussion about getting a final loving goodbye from their respective fathers before they passed away had me in tears. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

The ladies of the talk had a very nuanced discussion about Jussie Smollett situation.  While they did not approve of what Jussie is accused of doing allegedly, they don't believe he should be ruined for life either.  

The friendship between Carrieanne and Sheryl is just so heartwarming and beautiful.  Their discussion about getting a final loving goodbye from their respective fathers before they passed away had me in tears. 

Me too!!!  They seem to have become very close (good thing).

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Eve must feel stupid with her wearing her free Britney t-shirt a few days ago. There is a reason why they say you need to get all of the facts before you jump to conclusions.  The people on social media lost their minds that Britney's family was getting death threats for putting Britney in a facility. It is why Britney felt the need to have to explain to the public about getting her medication recalibrated and her need to get healthy.  It is sad that it had to come to that point.  

Sarah has opened up a lot since Julie and her husband left the show.  

Exactly, but it's so hard  (hey @Blissfool!) not jumping on the bandwagon. ;) Seriously though, social media and the internet in general can really bring the koo koo crazy out of people. Not that it wasn't there already, but they have a platform where they can express it publicly. It's sad.

8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It moved me as well. I've got a question though. What did Sheryl think her mother had that made her want to give Sheryl up to her grandmother when she was a baby?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

Exactly, but it's so hard  (hey @Blissfool!) not jumping on the bandwagon. 😉 Seriously though, social media and the internet in general can really bring the koo koo crazy out of people. Not that it wasn't there already, but they have a platform where they can express it publicly. It's sad.

It moved me as well. I've got a question though. What did Sheryl think her mother had that made her want to give Sheryl up to her grandmother when she was a baby?

Post partum depression impeded her mother from bonding with her as a baby. Her mother bonded with her other siblings though and made it clear that she did not care for Sheryl. Plus, Sheryl and her late twin sister spent time in the NICU that probably deepened their rift.  Sheryl is opening more and more about her late mother who was not a nice person. She had a podcast with Aisha where she said more horrible things that her mom did to her.

12 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Post partum depression impeded her mother from bonding with her as a baby. Her mother bonded with her other siblings though and made it clear that she did not care for Sheryl. Plus, Sheryl and her late twin sister spent time in the NICU that probably deepened their rift.  Sheryl is opening more and more about her late mother who was not a nice person. She had a podcast with Aisha where she said more horrible things that her mom did to her.

My heart broke for Sheryl when she talked about her mother. 

I know my mother loves me. I really think she’d take a bullet for me. However a lot of my childhood she could be incredibly cruel and mentally abusive. She would get rough with me sometimes, but the physical stuff never resulted in a black eye or any type of injury. It was almost entirely mental/emotional. I always envied my friends who were super close to their mothers. Because of my mom’s lack of affection and sometimes really mean comments, it made me really appreciate anytime a woman older than me was warm and motherly, gave me a hug, paid me a compliment, made me feel pretty. All I wanted was to be adored by my mom the way my friends were. 

So even though I always had a mother who did do a lot for me, I can easily empathize with people who feel their parents don’t love them. It’s a horrible feeling, especially for a child. Your parents should make you feel loved and safe. 

Sheryl is a very special and strong person. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

My heart broke for Sheryl when she talked about her mother. 

I know my mother loves me. I really think she’d take a bullet for me. However a lot of my childhood she could be incredibly cruel and mentally abusive. She would get rough with me sometimes, but the physical stuff never resulted in a black eye or any type of injury. It was almost entirely mental/emotional. I always envied my friends who were super close to their mothers. Because of my mom’s lack of affection and sometimes really mean comments, it made me really appreciate anytime a woman older than me was warm and motherly, gave me a hug, paid me a compliment, made me feel pretty. All I wanted was to be adored by my mom the way my friends were. 

So even though I always had a mother who did do a lot for me, I can easily empathize with people who feel their parents don’t love them. It’s a horrible feeling, especially for a child. Your parents should make you feel loved and safe. 

Sheryl is a very special and strong person. 

I've had a similar experience with my mother.  As good as she was in many ways, she always feels like she's not completely "there" for me and it's heartbreaking sometimes.  Hugs.

• Love 6
16 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I've had a similar experience with my mother.  As good as she was in many ways, she always feels like she's not completely "there" for me and it's heartbreaking sometimes.  Hugs.

I’m very sorry Readheaded. *hugs back* You’re not alone in feeling that way, and I do think our experiences help us understand people better. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

I was really surprised by Victoria Rowell today.  Does anyone know if she's unwell?

I don't know.  However, I watched the Y&R tribute episode, and she looked much better there. 

• Love 1

I thought VR looked fine but I didn’t care for her hair color. White or Gray? Can’t tell. I’m just glad she’s in the same frame with CK. I know they were there for Kristoff but I’m glad they looked okay together in the same room. I thought it was a great tribute to Kristoff and Y&R. I hate The Talk but I do appreciate what they do for the soaps. They don’t only support the CBS soaps but will have the stars from GH & DOOL, too. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Thanks for answering, @Apprentice79. I listened to her podcast with Aisha and even Aisha was in tears at one point. :(

Didn't Victoria Rowell try to sue CBS a few years ago accusing some of her Y&R co-stars and producers of racism?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Thanks for answering, @Apprentice79. I listened to her podcast with Aisha and even Aisha was in tears at one point. 😞

Didn't Victoria Rowell try to sue CBS a few years ago accusing some of her Y&R co-stars and producers of racism?

Yes she did.  And I’m sure she is enjoying all the attention now.  

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yes she did.  And I’m sure she is enjoying all the attention now.  

Maybe, and I don't know the entirety of the story, but VR has been very professional in the wake of KSJ's death, AFAIK.  She was that way on the Talk and also on the tribute episode that will air on Monday on Y and R.

• Love 2

I can’t find this week’s schedule, but I’ll post it when I do. 

Gayle was great, but again with the second walkout? 

I don’t blame Carrie Ann for knocking on Sade’s trailer for a pic. Better get it ASAP or wait another decade. 😉 

The animal abuse videos piss me off, but the child abuse vids anger me even more. That teacher would be missing some teeth and maybe a limb or two if she grabbed and kicked my kid (if I had one) in the back. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, rmcrae said:

I can’t find this week’s schedule, but I’ll post it when I do. 

Gayle was great, but again with the second walkout? 

I don’t blame Carrie Ann for knocking on Sade’s trailer for a pic. Better get it ASAP or wait another decade. 😉 

The animal abuse videos piss me off, but the child abuse vids anger me even more. That teacher would be missing some teeth and maybe a limb or two if she grabbed and kicked my kid (if I had one) in the back. 

I've never had kids, never wanted them, but if I had one and someone did something like that to them - I'd be in prison.  Actually, I'm always saying that if I ever did end up having a child, they would be wrapped in bubble wrap until they were at least 40 😛  And their phones, shoes, purse, etc would have GPS on them:)

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Schedule for the rest of the week:

Today - Actress Geena Davis.

Thursday - Kiefer Sutherland performs; Top Talker Gerrad Hall.

Friday - Actress Janelle Monáe. 

• Love 3