Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
paulvdb

Trinkets

Trinkets premieres June 14

When three teenage girls from different corners of the high school cafeteria find themselves in the same mandated Shoplifter's Anonymous meeting, an unlikely friendship forms. Elodie (Brianna Hildebrand, Deadpool) - the grieving misfit, Moe (Kiana Madeira, The Flash) - the mysterious outsider, and Tabitha (Quintessa Swindell) - the imperfect picture of perfection, will find strength in each other as they negotiate family issues, high school drama and the complicated dilemma of trying to fit in while longing to break out.

Trinkets is based on the young adult novel by Kirsten "Kiwi" Smith, who serves as an executive producer.

I like this show, but the acting seems to be getting worse at some points near the end.  It also seems weird that since it was established that the girls are 16-17, most of the love interests are in their mid 20's.

I started watching this on a whim last night as something to fall asleep too. Bit then I stayed up until 4 am watching it. I loved it! 

The older love interests I also found somewhat odd but I went with it

• Like 1

Let me start by saying I am enjoying the show so far.

I went to the drama forum to look for this show so colour me surprised that it was in the comedy forums.  Yes, it has funny moments but other than the run time I would not describe this show as a comedy??  

No complaints so far....will watch more tonight!

• Like 2

EPISODE 1: I liked that it was relatively colorful. So many shows are so DREARY now. They either have that overexposed, bleached/washed out look or they're dark and moody. The whole show doesn't look great but I think it's a choice because the shoplifting sequences are what bring the characters joy and like that transition in The Wizard of Oz or The Secret Garden, that's when we get all the color and vibrancy.

Elodie is giving me a more androgynous Winona Ryder vibe. Just physically, I mean. She hasn't shown nearly the same charisma yet. 

Tabitha, the popular one, is unnecessarily mean. Like, she's going out of her way to be mean to Elodie. I get that she and other one have baggage but I thought we'd crossed over into not having popular characters who were mean to everyone for no reason and still somehow had friends. Also, they're throwing every cliche in the book at her. Social media validation, abusive boyfriend, popular pretty girl who wants to be more than her appearance... They're going to have to cool it on the after school special/Degrassi vibes or else give it all way more depth for it to be compelling.

The cute boy from the klepto anon meeting has to be a future love interest, right? You don't introduce a boy with beautiful eyes and a flirty smile on a teen show if it doesn't pay off at some point. 

Which reminds me, there were a lot of people at that meeting. How many kleptos live in that area of Portland?

The shoplifting game sequence was fun but wouldn't they notice the $400 necklace was missing and check the security cameras and immediately catch Elodie? I mean, she wasn't that subtle. She knocked over something, stepped behind the display, reached into the case, and later you can see her throw the scarf on the backpack and cause the distraction. Unless they don't have cameras or the cameras they have are terrible, I feel like you'd definitely notice her when you reviewed the tapes. 

I feel like this was a solid pilot. I pretty much get Elodie's deal and the door is open to learn about the other characters.

I did think that it was kind of weird that both Elodie and Tabitha both had older love interests. Better than Tabitha's mustache twirlingly abusive boyfriend though. 

I thought this was pretty good, I liked the characters for the most part, and the whole thing about the main characters all coming together through shop lifting was interesting. I kind of wish they had gotten more into that and how they deal with their lifting addictions, but maybe thats for later seasons. 

I thought that Elodie was pretty harsh with her dad and step mom, they were clearly really trying to reach out to her and she hardly gave them an inch until the end, before she ran away. I mean, thats certainly not going to make them think she is less of a troubled teen! She did go through a lot in a short amount of time though, so I can cut her some slack.