Type keyword(s) to search

Deavan & Jihoon: 21st Century Super Sperm

• Start Topic

(edited)

Our first Korean! He doesn't look like a traditional Korean guy. Most Korean men don't wear long hair, so I'm thinking he is from a more liberal family (and/or he lived in the States before moving back to Korea). Nevertheless, I'm sure they'll go for the traditional male/female roles angle. The previews show she is pregnant so I'm wondering if they'll be talking about the desire for a male child and how it's illegal to disclose the sex of the baby during the first few months... Lots of fun to be had with cultural issues and the blending of East and West. Also, Western women/Asian men aren't as common as Western men/Asian women so I'm hoping they explore that issue. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
  • Love 2

Yeah, at first glance they both seem okay, nice even..... they are age appropriate for one another and both nice looking. From the previews neither seem to yell at each other so yay?  I thought he seemed really sweet towards her; time will tell!

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

This is the one where she can't believe there's no ranch (dressing) in Korea? This is gonna be goood!! 

Lies! I buy ranch dressing here in Korea. You can purchase it online from a Korean website or buy it in big box stores. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 5.41.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-03 at 5.43.09 PM.png

Edited by watchingtvaddict
Added more ranch!
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

When are these people going to be on????? Weird tidbit: Ledia, the demonic potato, from the previous season is obsessed with her on IG and is trying to look like her now with contacts and photoshopping her photos and is commenting on many of Deavan's photos.

• Love 2
(edited)

Deavan's look changes so dramatically. In some of the scenes, I think she is positively stunning. In other scenes, she looks rough around the edges. But it's the same girl so how does she change that much between scenes?

Side note: Jihoon's puppy is so adorable!

Edited by Hannah94
  • Love 4

So far, I think I like these two.  I really really like Jihoon's puppy.  

Like @Hannah94 said, her look changes so much!  Her "modeling" pics and some of the THs, she has the really heavy but well done makeup.  But when she's just chillin in her house with her family, it's a hot mess.  It's still a lot of makeup, but she missed the lip liner step and thus it looks like her kid put her lipstick and eyeliner on for her.  

• Love 2
On 6/25/2019 at 7:43 AM, Hannah94 said:

Deavan's look changes so dramatically. In some of the scenes, I think she is positively stunning. In other scenes, she looks rough around the edges. But it's the same girl so how does she change that much between scenes?

Side note: Jihoon's puppy is so adorable!

She reminds me of that Seinfeld Two Face episode.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, doyouevengohere said:

That tells me all I need to know about Deavan.  She named her kid after an ugly stepsister or a vampire on a tv show.

She looks kinda Goth to me, so I vote for the TV vampire. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Her mom is a nut; she's way deep in the anti-vax stuff and in conspiracy theories.  If you google Deavan's full name stuff that her mom has written comes up.

Anti vaxxers are just Darwin's way of trying to balance the scale.  Apparently she is anti birth control too.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, doyouevengohere said:

Her mom is a nut; she's way deep in the anti-vax stuff and in conspiracy theories.  If you google Deavan's full name stuff that her mom has written comes up.

I just googled. Wow. Just....wow. Check out the "family tree." I don't even know what to say...just....

Edited by Gigglepuff
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Another quote from Deavan about her little darling, bolding mine: 

DEAVAN: she’s strong and a climber I was a climber too, she is a gymnast so we know she won’t get hurt so she enjoys climbing things...

oh yeah, gymnasts are immortal and never get hurt! Just like swimmers can't drown

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Apparently TLC's close captioning is wrong, her name actually IS spelled "Drascilla" and she wasn't inspired by a Vampire or Ugly Step Sister 

From Starcasm:

One question she is asked is about the origin of her daughter’s unique name, which many suspected might have been inspired by Joss Whedon’s character Drusilla from Buffy: The Vampire Slayer. (Which is probably due in part to the TLC closed captioning spelling her name that way.) “It’s not from Buffy,” Deavan explains. “I like unique names. I hate common names. Especially in Utah — everybody’s either named Amanda, Heather, or Navaeh. So I really wanted a unique name. I was on YouTube and I just typed in ‘unique names’ and I saw Drusilla, and I decided to just change the letters up, and I fell in love with it.”

Deavan says that she is not alone in her love for the name, at least not now. “Everyone in my family didn’t like it,” she says, “but now they love it because it suits her. That’s the story behind her name. It’s not interesting. Sorry.”

I hope this doesn't start another "Mae" vs "May" argument! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 6/27/2019 at 5:06 AM, Gigglepuff said:
On 6/27/2019 at 12:50 AM, doyouevengohere said:

I just googled. Wow. Just....wow. Check out the "family tree." I don't even know what to say...just....

Her mom is one angry lady. I'd move to Korea too!

I don't like when adults comment or name-call little kids either.  (My son's a holy terror climbing all over things, not for a lack of parenting.)   

And it's not Dracula's fault that her stupid mother is on this stupid show. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, Drogo said:

I don't like when adults comment or name-call little kids either.  (My son's a holy terror climbing all over things, not for a lack of parenting.)   

And it's not Dracula's fault that her stupid mother is on this stupid show. 

I understand where you're coming from.

But, let's put aside for a minute why druscilla behaves the way she does (and while I don't know your child personally, I feel like he probably isn't as bad as druscilla.  I could be wrong, but it's just a feeling)

Devans decision to put her poorly behaved child on this show demonstrates that she has zero regard for her child's feelings and emotional well being.

The 90 DF franchise has always been "must snark TV," period, full stop.  The show is basically one snark worthy trainwreck after another.  TLC didn't choose Dani and Mo because it was an inspiring love story.

So, knowing full well that the show was one that invites snark and shittalking, Devan signed her kid up to basically be judged by America.

She could have refused to let them film her child, especially since she knows how druscilla is.  But she didn't.  Instead she allowed them to film her child for a show that invites judgment and negative commentary.  She willingly went along with a storyline that prominently relied on her kid being portrayed as a brat. She allowed them to film her child behaving poorly, she allowed herself to be filmed calling her child "wild."  She knew what was up, and she gave zero shits.

Altogether this shows that Devan gives zero fucks about her child's feelings.  So now, everyone else has to care more about druscillas feelings than her own mother does?

That is a ballsy demand from Devan IMO. Sadly, all kids are stuck with the fallout from the decisions their parents make.  Here, Devan decided that her desperation and thirst to make a fool of herself  on a reality show was much more important than druscillas feelings.

• Love 14

100% she did and she's a jackass, full-stop- along with every other reality TV parent- but if people are really cursing that kid out it says a lot about them.  It's rich for her to get uppity when she proudly talks in THs about how bad her child is, but at the heart of it I do agree that the child's free of sin here. 

• Love 6

She knows her child is out of control. The fact that she is in tears and stressed after a long flight with a child isn’t unusual. Lots of kids don’t so well on long flights. If that was the only reason for Deavans tears, I’d give her a pass or a wait and see on Drascillas future behavior. But she’s crying because she knows this is the way she normally acts and his folks are going to be horrified by it which could kill any future between her and jihoon.

In her defense of her child she basically said what we see is what Drascilla is like.

Jihoon isn’t too thrilled with the prospect of having the monster sleeping with him and her mom every night. 

• Love 4
35 minutes ago, iwasish said:

She knows her child is out of control. The fact that she is in tears and stressed after a long flight with a child isn’t unusual. Lots of kids don’t so well on long flights. If that was the only reason for Deavans tears, I’d give her a pass or a wait and see on Drascillas future behavior. But she’s crying because she knows this is the way she normally acts and his folks are going to be horrified by it which could kill any future between her and jihoon.

In her defense of her child she basically said what we see is what Drascilla is like.

Jihoon isn’t too thrilled with the prospect of having the monster sleeping with him and her mom every night. 

I don't think those tears were from a flight - they were from driving from Utah to Las Vegas.  They were at the airport to pick up Jihoon's parents.

7 hours ago, RealReality said:

Devans decision to put her poorly behaved child on this show demonstrates that she has zero regard for her child's feelings and emotional well being.

Yes, this exactly.  You don't get to then go on social media and complain about the "haters."  We are not haters (I don't follow any of these fools, lol) we/they are pointing out that your child is very ill disciplined, and that is on YOU.

• Love 12

If you are living in your own home, no one cares if your child climbs the kitchen counter and runs on it. Any damage, you pay for it. In a rental, the landlord may have things to say about it. They are not constructed for that sort of weight being on them.

• Love 2

Since Drascilla’s Wacky Grandma is an anti-vaxxer, I assume the little terror hasn’t gotten any immunizations. I wonder if this will pose a problem moving to South Korea. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't think those tears were from a flight - they were from driving from Utah to Las Vegas.  They were at the airport to pick up Jihoon's parents.

Yes, this exactly.  You don't get to then go on social media and complain about the "haters."  We are not haters (I don't follow any of these fools, lol) we/they are pointing out that your child is very ill disciplined, and that is on YOU.

Yes thank you. I saw them in the airport and thought they were arriving in S. Korea. I missed the part about staying in a rental for a week to ‘get to know each other’. That should be fun.  

• Love 1

I believe Deavan said her plan was to take Drascilla and move to S. Korea when the new baby is 7 weeks old. I wouldn't want to be on THAT flight! 

I'm hoping Baby #2 comes out blue eyed and blonde...

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, magemaud said:

Since Drascilla’s Wacky Grandma is an anti-vaxxer, I assume the little terror hasn’t gotten any immunizations. I wonder if this will pose a problem moving to South Korea. 

Wow  - I never thought of that!  

(edited)

I'd assume she'd have to get vaccinations to enter or fly to certain areas of the world.  Dracula is a holy terror and has a stupid name; not because of any of her fault.....it's 100% Devean's fault for raising her or not raising her this way , naming her, and then allowing it to be seen on a popular show about terrible people.  Kids are kids and will act up and out and be holy terrors sometimes, but Devean has said she allows her to be this way, allows her to climb on the counters and throw bowls while she sits meekly by browsing her phone and tells her that mommy needs her to be a good girl while the cameras roll.  The reason anyone who watches this show can see this, is 100% Deavean's fault.  She is giving the world exposure to her child.   She is the one using her child and her behavior as part of her storyline on this show AND giving interviews about it.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 8
(edited)

I can't wait for the 'baby sleeps between us every night' to play out. 

I also couldn't believe that the little girl was playing on the luggage carousel.   That's so dangerous.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Wait until BOTH babies sleep between them! 

2 grandparents, 2 parents, 1 bad ass kid, a baby and a dog in one small apartment in South Korea..sounds like the premise for a sitcom.

4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I can't wait for the 'baby sleeps between us every night' to play out. 

I also couldn't believe that the little girl was playing on the luggage carousel.   That's so dangerous.  

And you know the nanosecond druscilla got injured for doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing, Devan would be suing everyone.

• Love 9
29 minutes ago, RealReality said:

And you know the nanosecond druscilla got injured for doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing, Devan would be suing everyone.

Drascilla will never get hurt! She's a gymnast! 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2

Jihoon should have told Deavan, no way am I spending  the next seven years with two kids sleeping between us.  Starting tonight she sleeps in her own bed. Or this relationship is over.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Jihoon should have told Deavan, no way am I spending  the next seven years with two kids sleeping between us.  Starting tonight she sleeps in her own bed. Or this relationship is over.

I agree but he wants the shnick shnick, so........

Deavon, you are unable to navigate through Las Vegas International with a 3 year old.  Leave her with Gramma and Grandpa and have a great adult only vacation with Jihoon's folks.  Way less limits on what you can do!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Deavon, you are unable to navigate through Las Vegas International with a 3 year old.  Leave her with Gramma and Grandpa and have a great adult only vacation with Jihoon's folks.  Way less limits on what you can do!

If granny and Grampa wanted to Deavan to have a nice visit withmJihoon and his folks, I think they would have offered to keep Drascilla. Me thinks they were looking for a nice peaceful week without their daughter or her wild child.

No shnick, shnick is worth having to share a bed with that terror. And realizing that the one due in a couple months will probably be just as bad? Run Jihoon, Run. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No tea, no shade, but I suspect that a lot of people are mysteriously "busy" whenever Devan asks for babysitting help...even paid babysitters.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

I do not have children.  I have occasionally had to put up with a child I was baby sitting coming in to my bed in the middle of the night.  CHILDREN ARE HORRIBLE TO SLEEP WITH!!!  They kick, they turn sideways, they make weird noises.  I don't know exactly what else it is they are doing but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get any sleep.  Maybe that's why Deaven makes such crap decisions - she's severely sleep deprived.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, iwasish said:

Poor Jihoon. In Korean culture, it's traditional for kids to sleep with their parents. So, he can't really make an ultimatum like that.

He thought he lucked out by meeting a Western girl but NOPE this is something from his culture he'll be retaining. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I do not have children.  I have occasionally had to put up with a child I was baby sitting coming in to my bed in the middle of the night.  CHILDREN ARE HORRIBLE TO SLEEP WITH!!!  They kick, they turn sideways, they make weird noises.  

And as much "fun" as it is to deal with Dracilla in the daytime, imagine how it must be to share a bed with her.  If she doesn't want to go to sleep, you're not going to go to sleep either.  No break from her ever.

No, thank you.

• Love 8