Type keyword(s) to search

Deavan & Jihoon: 21st Century Super Sperm

• Start Topic

22 hours ago, RealReality said:

That baby is the cuuuuuuuutest little thing!

I wonder if jihoon ever had a relationship before.  Maybe in s. Korea it's cool but he really seems like a "childish boy" and I can't imagine a woman who finds that a turn on besides a woman who has an alternative agenda.  

He isn't a bad guy, he is just.....not sophisticated. 

From my own perspective in SK its not cool, He acts like my 1st year uni students. He should be acting a lot more mature as men after military service have it together and act like actual adults. But, in Korea, parents can really coddle their kids all the way up to marriage. Not 100% the norm but more like 80%... For real though, women can and do become moms to their husband and quite a few marriages aren't based on love but a union blessed by the parents ( a friend of mine had his engagement cancelled because the parents didn't agree with the match). 

ETA generally you only introduce your partner to your parents if you intend to marry. Otherwise those relationships don't count. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
They are not *my men*. I don't own my students.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

yes it was. If you can't get in the shower, you got a big problem.

The participants are paid extra for a shower scene. There was another guy who bathed in an aluminum animal tub on the porch. His dad poured buckets of water on him. 

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

From my own perspective in SK its not cool, He acts like my 1st year uni students. He should be acting a lot more mature as my men after military service have it together and act like actual adults. But, in Korea, parents can really coddle their kids all the way up to marriage. Not 100% the norm but more like 80%... For real though, women can and do become moms to their husband and quite a few marriages aren't based on love but a union blessed by the parents ( a friend of mine had his engagement cancelled because the parents didn't agree with the match). 

ETA generally you only introduce your partner to your parents if you intend to marry. Otherwise those relationships don't count. 

So, do you think it's likely that jihoon would have had a past relationship?  Has anyone ever talked about it on the show?

His parents weren't ever really put off by jihoon having a child out if wedlock and they didn't put up much resistance to Devan at all.  This makes me think that they may realize that jihoon isn't an amazing catch.  

When they were in America jihoons mom made some comments that made me think she wanted him to move to the US.

36 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

The participants are paid extra for a shower scene. There was another guy who bathed in an aluminum animal tub on the porch. His dad poured buckets of water on him. 

My goodness that is sad.  Even if you're morbidly obese it must be super humiliating to have someone filming you getting hosed down like a dog 😞

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, RealReality said:

So, do you think it's likely that jihoon would have had a past relationship?  Has anyone ever talked about it on the show?

His parents weren't ever really put off by jihoon having a child out if wedlock and they didn't put up much resistance to Devan at all.  This makes me think that they may realize that jihoon isn't an amazing catch.  

When they were in America jihoons mom made some comments that made me think she wanted him to move to the US.

My goodness that is sad.  Even if you're morbidly obese it must be super humiliating to have someone filming you getting hosed down like a dog 😞

Maybe his folks figured, “a baby”? “Maybe that will get his ass out of our apartment” 

i don’t think Jihoon ever dated before finding Deavan on the internet. I think Deavan is the boss  in that  relationship. While Jihoon seems to love  his son, it doesn’t seem to have motivated him to grow up. My take is she will get fed up and move back to the US. 

• Love 5

I wonder what Jihoon's dating profile said about his job, and his lifestyle?    I bet a job repairing, and reselling used cell phones wasn't on there as his job.    

(They said on an article that Nicole only showered on the back porch in summer, but in colder weather they used the heated garage.   When the big drug bust at the Texas rental house happened, they police made her lift her huge folds, to make sure she hadn't hidden drugs or weapons in there).

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, doglover3489 said:

Like the woman who stripped naked each morning to “shower” on the back porch by her boyfriend who hosed her down. That was disgusting. 

Wasn’t that Nicole, who broke the bed in the hotel and had the glorious “You BASTARDS!!!!” rant? I liked Nicole and hated to see her humiliated. 

1 hour ago, Mu Shu said:

Wasn’t that Nicole, who broke the bed in the hotel and had the glorious “You BASTARDS!!!!” rant? I liked Nicole and hated to see her humiliated. 

Yeah, that was her. She posts on FB from time to time and she’s still fat.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, doglover3489 said:

Like the woman who stripped naked each morning to “shower” on the back porch by her boyfriend who hosed her down. That was disgusting.

I'm still the only viewer who thought that was a clever system. They hooked the hose up to the hot water valve on the washing machine, so her bath wasn't horribly cold. I will say that several of us on that forum get uncomfortable with mocking the people who are at the absolute rock-bottom rung of the socio-economic and educational ladder. I mean, we do it, but we're uncomfortable about it.

One of the gossip sites reports that Deavan addressed the question about Drascilla's dad by saying, "This is a sensitive subject and I would appreciate it if everyone would stop. I escaped a very abusive relationship and I am recovering from it, so please stop asking, it will be addressed later.”  

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Azubah said:

I'm still the only viewer who thought that was a clever system. They hooked the hose up to the hot water valve on the washing machine, so her bath wasn't horribly cold. I will say that several of us on that forum get uncomfortable with mocking the people who are at the absolute rock-bottom rung of the socio-economic and educational ladder. I mean, we do it, but we're uncomfortable about it.

One of the gossip sites reports that Deavan addressed the question about Drascilla's dad by saying, "This is a sensitive subject and I would appreciate it if everyone would stop. I escaped a very abusive relationship and I am recovering from it, so please stop asking, it will be addressed later.”  

Does that mean that Deviant escaped from her relationship with Druzilla?

• LOL 2

I kept wondering, they showed the outside of Deavon's house which looked lovely, the inside looked like a doublewide trailer topped with precious Druzilla's crayon marks all over the walls. 

I almost wish there were live feeds to this show, but then I would have to quit my job, pay for uber eats to bring me food, binge on pizza from Geno's and then wind up myself being hauled in a minivan with the seats removed down to Houston. giphy.gif 

• LOL 20
1 hour ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I kept wondering, they showed the outside of Deavon's house which looked lovely, the inside looked like a doublewide trailer topped with precious Druzilla's crayon marks all over the walls. 

I almost wish there were live feeds to this show, but then I would have to quit my job, pay for uber eats to bring me food, binge on pizza from Geno's and then wind up myself being hauled in a minivan with the seats removed down to Houston. giphy.gif 

Maybe it’s a stunt house? The outside shots I mean. Just another catfish.

So, Deaven thinks the best way to recover after an abusive relationship is to marry someone thousands of miles away instead of maybe seeking counseling, and not getting into a serious relationship until she’s healthy enough, and baby D is in school? Would make sense to me. 

I will drive the golf cart. But please don’t call 911 on me if I don’t score pizza or OxyContin for you.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
40 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Maybe it’s a stunt house? The outside shots I mean. Just another catfish.

So, Deaven thinks the best way to recover after an abusive relationship is to marry someone thousands of miles away instead of maybe seeking counseling, and not getting into a serious relationship until she’s healthy enough, and baby D is in school? Would make sense to me. 

I will drive the golf cart. But please don’t call 911 on me if I don’t score pizza or OxyContin for you.

how about a meatball sandwich ?

• LOL 2
On 9/5/2019 at 4:36 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

We also cheer on the ones who do so well. Some of them have had horrific childhoods and are trapped in a cycle of food addiction. They greatfully accept the help and I have been moved to tears to see some of them make new friends and live the the active life they always dreamed of. I snark on the ones that take the opportunity they were given for granted and insult the doctor, the surgery etc....SO many folks are way more deserving and you stole  this chance from them by participating in the program only to be an ass when things get difficult. They deserve all the snark, much like some of these 90 day folks.

DIANA! She’s my hero

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 9/3/2019 at 12:39 PM, Scout Finch said:

90D Fiance was my gateway drug to that show!

I still have yet to watch My 600 Lb. Life because I'm under the impression that the show is all about mocking the participants. Not that I don't comment on a person's physicality on other shows but I really dislike it when it's based solely on a person's weight. I'm under 200 lbs. but the BMI still considers me to be morbidly obese so perhaps I'm overly-sensitive to that.

Yet, the BMI doesn't take into consideration that I love hiking and the ideal trail length is about four to five miles. After climbing, my breathing returns to normal in less than a minute and I can drink water at the same time because I'm not gasping. I also don't have diabetes or high cholesterol. I rather like representing large women out hiking; I've got a smile on my face and am disproving the myth that we're all lazy!

You don’t watch My 600-lb Life huh? I got one word for you: Penny. 

You’re welcome 😁

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I think I've watched EVERY My 600 lb Life episode and it was NOT to mock or make fun of the show participants. Any ridicule - ANY RIDICULE - came from their shitty attitudes or personalities. There were many, but there were also many who I cheered on and/or was so proud of. It bums me out that there is the impression that the viewers are watching simply to mock them.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Azubah said:

FFS, I'm so tired of this shit from people.  Stay the hell off reality TV if you want keep shit private.  Better yet, don't put your child on TV and then get huffy when people ask about the father.  

All these people want to broadcast their poor decision making and life skills on national TV and are perfectly happy to take the perks of fame but want to whine about their privacy if someone is critical.  

Devan has no appreciable talent that would make me want to watch her other than being a laughingstock.  She can't sing, she can't dance, she can't apply makeup and she never smiles.  

Do any of these fools think I'm watching them because I value their uplifting life stories?  Devan is not yet 24 and has two kids....I'm not watching her on TV as an inspiration, her only value to me is to make fun of.  

If she didn't want to talk about drascillas dad why did she drag her on screen.  If she didn't want anyone to comment on drascilla being a brat why did she drag her on camera? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
12 hours ago, Wanda said:

DIANA! She’s my hero

Yes. And Justin totally stole my heart. He was 100% on board with Dr. Now's program. Cannot snark on that.

After the first season of 90 DF (which had a couple "normal" couples IMO), there hasn't been a couple since then that isn't snark-worthy. TLC is scraping the bottom of the barrel with these morons.

• Love 5
56 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

Yes. And Justin totally stole my heart. He was 100% on board with Dr. Now's program. Cannot snark on that.

After the first season of 90 DF (which had a couple "normal" couples IMO), there hasn't been a couple since then that isn't snark-worthy. TLC is scraping the bottom of the barrel with these morons.

I noticed recently TIC has ads all over SM: "are you marrying a foreigner?" type stuff. They are searching for more; clearly they have a hit show and want to keep it going!

• Useful 1

Deavan is fresh from an abusive relationship and thinks hooking  up with a virtual stranger, getting pregnant and moving halfway around the world, away from her support system is a smart decision——-enough said. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Well that'll get you your very OWN epi of 600lb Life.  

Let us know when it airs and we'll create a subforum here and cheer you on as you work on yourself, babe.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

I don't even believe what Deavon said.  If it's true ; then that's sad, get some therapy and stay off reality tv about your new weird love that you immediately made a baby with, and made your other hellion child's behavior and your lack of parenting a major storyline.  She probably just said that because it sounds victimy and sad so people won't pry.  She probably doesn't even know who Dracula's dad is.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, doyouevengohere said:

I don't even believe what Deavon said.  If it's true ; then that's sad, get some therapy and stay off reality tv about your new weird love that you immediately made a baby with, and made your other hellion child's behavior and your lack of parenting a major storyline.  She probably just said that because it sounds victimy and sad so people won't pry.  She probably doesn't even know who Dracula's dad is.

Agree 100% 

I'm not sure what other entertainment value Devan thinks she has besides being an object of ridicule.  She isn't particularly nice or funny, she isn't witty, she apparently doesn't want to do any work, and she is a constant l, joyless wet rag.  

She can go ahead and blame TLC editing if she'd like, but until I see evidence to the contrary I'm going to go with what I saw and assume we didn't miss any sparkling comedic wit and shine from Devan. 

Edited by RealReality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, iwasish said:

Deavan is fresh from an abusive relationship and thinks hooking  up with a virtual stranger, getting pregnant and moving halfway around the world, away from her support system is a smart decision——-enough said. 

I don't get that, but some women do this. No guarantee that the hookup will result in a happy ending. You don't know the guy, you did not use any form of birth control, and you have zero idea if he too will be abusive, have any interest in you, a kid he probably didn't want, and a previous kid from someone else. That is a LOT to hope for and expect.  Deal with your demons, seek counselling if necessary, and don't get knocked up by anyone who comes around thinking that another kid will solve your problems and make the dude love you and commit to you.

• Love 2

Deaven and weirdo demon Ledia drama: Ledia loves Deaven , stalks her online, and probably wants to wear her skin.  Anyways, Ledia has been claiming that since the tell-all she babysat Deavan's baby.  She showed pictures of herself holding the baby and wrote a weird creepy lovesong to it about how he peed on her when she gave him a bath and so he felt like family or something.  Deavan posted this weekend that Ledia definitely did not babysit the baby; he was always with her parents at the tell all.  I believe Devan on this: 1. Ledia doesn't even watch or care for her own kid, 2. Ledia lies all the time, and 3. she's obsessed with Devean.  What probably really happened is Devan (not knowing fully how horrid Ledia is) agreed to model another 90 days cast member's shoes............ Ledia probably showed up at Deaven's hotel room like a creep and wanted to hang out and Devan let her hold the baby and take a picture.  Then the demon got on social media and spread rumours about herself.  Devean is laughable but she's too nice to be associating with Ledia; so I hope she wises up and cuts off all the attempted friendship.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 1

I am side-eyeing the fact that Jihoon is claiming he makes 4K per month as a delivery driver.  I just can't see that.  He's got to stop all the lying.  Co-sign on the Deavan/Demi Moore comparison.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, beesknees said:

I am side-eyeing the fact that Jihoon is claiming he makes 4K per month as a delivery driver.  I just can't see that.  He's got to stop all the lying.  Co-sign on the Deavan/Demi Moore comparison.

I was never sure whether he meant US dollars or Korean money.

• Love 1
On 9/6/2019 at 8:04 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

You don’t watch My 600-lb Life huh? I got one word for you: Penny. 

You’re welcome 😁

No one told mei had to lose weight when I got here!!!!!!!

Ugh Penny then why did your husband drive your ass from Maryland to Houston in the back of a minivan while you bitched non stop.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

My guess is Deavan thought Jihoon had a great paying job, and she told him something equally ridiculous, and they both lied.     I have the suspicion that without TLC money, there would have been no trips back and forth from Korea to U.S. and back for the show.       

I'm also guessing that Deavan's well paying job selling furniture with a base salary and commissions wasn't very well paying either (the commission is only paid after you sell a certain amount usually, and the base salary is nothing much).      I think both parties were lying to themselves about the person they were having the baby with.  

• Love 5
On 9/4/2019 at 6:33 PM, Azubah said:

As others have said, we don't mock their weight, we mock their stank attitudes. And every so often one of them is a sweetheart and then we all root for him/her. And most of us on that forum could stand to lose a few pounds ourselves; it's like everyone watching Intervention while having a glass or two of wine.

Am I the only one that feels compelled to eat while watching? I have no excuse, it's awful of me I know. But just something about it makes me pull out the chips and salsa. Mr. Shockermolar is horrified by me eating while watching.

• LOL 9
3 hours ago, shockermolar said:

Am I the only one that feels compelled to eat while watching? I have no excuse, it's awful of me I know. But just something about it makes me pull out the chips and salsa. Mr. Shockermolar is horrified by me eating while watching.

OMG, I’ve started eating pizza again “thanks” to this show

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Evidently Deavan is getting modeling work, no idea if this is in S.Korea or the U.S.

Her flash cube eyes certainly work in photos.  Good on her if this is recent.  Heaven knows they can use the $.  

Since Hinoon’s criminal record (whatever it actually is, if indeed he truly has one) didn’t prevent him from visiting the US, would it be enough to stop him from coming here on a marriage visa? Anyone know? Could he have had some sort of pretrial intervention and no actual record? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2019 at 12:16 PM, shockermolar said:

The Sunday show starts at 6 pm my time, so dinner happens sometime during the two hours. With decent weather, I usually put a steak on the bbq. The Monday show starts at 7 pm my time, so dinner is either just finished or I eat during the first chunk of the show.

2 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

The Sunday show starts at 6 pm my time, so dinner happens sometime during the two hours. With decent weather, I usually put a steak on the bbq. The Monday show starts at 7 pm my time, so dinner is either just finished or I eat during the first chunk of the show.

What time do you start cutting the steak on the bias?

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 9/10/2019 at 2:16 PM, shockermolar said:

29 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Frozendiva - I think Shockermolar was talking about My 600 lb Life, which somehow got woven into this discussion a few pages back. And your steak sounds way too normal for that show. Unless you deep fry it and pile it on a big plate of gravy covered french fries and dollop it with a cup of sour cream.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Frozendiva - I think Shockermolar was talking about My 600 lb Life, which somehow got woven into this discussion a few pages back. And your steak sounds way too normal for that show. Unless you deep fry it and pile it on a big plate of gravy covered french fries and dollop it with a cup of sour cream.

Usually put it on around 6:30 pm - ish. Just a basic steak, usually with teriyaki glaze. Sometimes steak spice. If it is big enough, it lasts two meals.

On 9/8/2019 at 2:48 PM, doyouevengohere said:

Deaven and weirdo demon Ledia drama: Ledia loves Deaven , stalks her online, and probably wants to wear her skin.  Anyways, Ledia has been claiming that since the tell-all she babysat Deavan's baby.  She showed pictures of herself holding the baby and wrote a weird creepy lovesong to it about how he peed on her when she gave him a bath and so he felt like family or something.  Deavan posted this weekend that Ledia definitely did not babysit the baby; he was always with her parents at the tell all.  I believe Devan on this: 1. Ledia doesn't even watch or care for her own kid, 2. Ledia lies all the time, and 3. she's obsessed with Devean.  What probably really happened is Devan (not knowing fully how horrid Ledia is) agreed to model another 90 days cast member's shoes............ Ledia probably showed up at Deaven's hotel room like a creep and wanted to hang out and Devan let her hold the baby and take a picture.  Then the demon got on social media and spread rumours about herself.  Devean is laughable but she's too nice to be associating with Ledia; so I hope she wises up and cuts off all the attempted friendship.

Leida wants to be a part of the mean girl club Tiff and Daeven have going on. She wants the hitch her wagon to Deaven because she has had minor z list modelling success. Leida needs to slither back into the hole from which she came.

• Love 3

Ledia cares nought for Tiffani; she LOVES Deavan.  She even has started filtering and photoshopping her own photos to try and look like her.  She's DYING for someone to suggest they are twins or look like twins or something.  Anyways, on Deavan's IG , Ledia is constantly commenting and Deavan never answers her! lol  Deavan does answer when Tiffani comments on her stuff though!

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

Ledia cares nought for Tiffani; she LOVES Deavan.  She even has started filtering and photoshopping her own photos to try and look like her.  She's DYING for someone to suggest they are twins or look like twins or something.

That is...disturbing. Do you know where I can see the photos?

• Love 2
On 9/2/2019 at 11:30 AM, Lily247 said:

Maybe I am alone in this thinking. I know Jihoon is nice and all. But I thought it was kinda....wierd.... that Deaven has Drascilla sleeping in the middle. Because to Drascilla, he is not her dad (at least at that point) nor was he someone Drascilla knew well in person. I would not want my 3 year old daughter to sleep next to a guy I was dating/engaged whatever. She could have put Drascilla on the side of the bed and some pillows on the floor in case she rolled off.

The sleeping arrangement didn't make much sense to me, either.  At one point when he was a toddler, my son couldn't go to sleep without me in his bed.  I got into bed with him, read a story, then rubbed his back until he fell asleep.  Then I left.  I don't understand why anyone has to stay with Dracula all night.  Even if she wakens during the night, why can't Deavan get back into bed with her until she falls back to sleep?  This would be a good and fairly painless way to wean Dracula from having to sleep with her mother--because surely the time will come when it's time for her to learn to sleep alone.

Of course, we know Darsy can't sleep alone, and maybe Deavan's own inability to sleep alone is where Dracula came from in the first place.

• Love 1