Type keyword(s) to search

Deavan & Jihoon: 21st Century Super Sperm

• Start Topic

Just now, LilMissKnowitall said:

I'm betting, if her mom is anti-vac she's probably also anti fluoride, and that's what accounts for those teeth.

Or she just liked eating wood and her mom was like "whatevs, I have it on good authority that kids raise themselves"

Filters are really the new catfishing.  Hot damn!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Okay, can I be old for a minute?  What is the appeal of putting dog ears/bunny ears/cat ears and whiskers on your face?  Younger kids, okay, but Laura seems into it too.

I'll be old with you! Hasn't every single couple on the show who met over the internet relied heavily on filtered photos often using ears, noses, heart emojis etc? Fortunately for her, Deaven (her middle name is Mercy, btw) can pull off the sultry look with slightly parted lips that don't show her gummy derp smile and nasty teeth. Super Like! 

• Love 8

Feral Child’s antics won’t last long if they move in with Parents Jihoon.  No way will Mama Jihoon tolerate a dirty toddler on her food prep surfaces never mind sticking her hands in everything!

Loved how Mama told Jihoon he needs to learn English so they can communicate without the app.  She’s wise enough to know that Deaven learning Korean is not going to happen.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

That breakfast was the meal from hell.  No way in hell would I have eaten anything that unkempt child was playing with.  And sticking their chopsticks between her dirty little toes?  Nope, ain't having any of it.

And Deaven said she was making an omelette, which apparently was just a bunch of scrambled eggs with extra salt and cheese?  With a side of Drascilla's toe jam and saliva and goddess knows what else from her hands?  

Nope.  My ass would have been heading over to the nearest diner in town.  Jihoon's family was much more gracious than I would have been.  

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

That breakfast was the meal from hell.  No way in hell would I have eaten anything that unkempt child was playing with.  And sticking their chopsticks between her dirty little toes?

If this were a Family Guy episode, Jihoon and his parents would have all just started vomiting on Druscilla. 

raw

• LOL 4

Why didn't Jihoon help with breakfast? He could have told Deavan what his parents liked to eat. And both could have bought some food that the parents would touch.

Keep the kid off the counter, out of the food, etc.

11 minutes ago, Drogo said:

If this were a Family Guy episode, Jihoon and his parents would have all just started vomiting on Druscilla. 

raw

Or vomiting on Deaven after eating that plate of raw bacon (dear gawd, how did I forget that detail?).  Oy!

I really hope she intervened and told them the bacon had to be cooked, and didn't just stand there scrambling up the eggs and letting them feast on it.  

Gawd almighty, that was the biggest shitshow of a breakfast (or any meal) I've ever seen.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why didn't Jihoon help with breakfast? He could have told Deavan what his parents liked to eat. And both could have bought some food that the parents would touch.

Keep the kid off the counter, out of the food, etc.

Because she was running the show and she decided that they were going to have the breakfast she wanted to make. He tried to tell her but she cut him off. She’s a grown up Drascilla. 

• Love 8
20 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Because she was running the show and she decided that they were going to have the breakfast she wanted to make. He tried to tell her but she cut him off. She’s a grown up Drascilla. 

Because instead of asking Jihoon what his parents liked and ensuring their comfort, she did it HER way.  And was terrible at it.   She got pissy:  "I want to do it myself."  Why?  They wanted to help, let them and try to make small talk.  Ask his parents a question DIRECTLY and then have him translate, stop with the "Ask them this, ask them that."

I would not worry about Devan and Company moving in with Mom and Dad.  I highly doubt they will bless this marriage, and they will never allow Devan and Company to move into their home.  (I am feeling courageous with my predictions today!!)

• Love 6
On 6/29/2019 at 12:11 PM, magemaud said:

I believe Deavan said her plan was to take Drascilla and move to S. Korea when the new baby is 7 weeks old. I wouldn't want to be on THAT flight! 

I'm hoping Baby #2 comes out blue eyed and blonde...

Late to joining you all but omg what a flight that would be......and ohmg if baby2 comes out blue eyed blonde what a HOOT!?!?!!?? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Because instead of asking Jihoon what his parents liked and ensuring their comfort, she did it HER way.  And was terrible at it.   She got pissy:  "I want to do it myself."  Why?  They wanted to help, let them and try to make small talk.  Ask his parents a question DIRECTLY and then have him translate, stop with the "Ask them this, ask them that."

I would not worry about Devan and Company moving in with Mom and Dad.  I highly doubt they will bless this marriage, and they will never allow Devan and Company to move into their home.  (I am feeling courageous with my predictions today!!)

I wonder if the comment about jihoons learning English was maybe foreshadowing them telling him that he should move to the United States instead of moving in with them.

Their apartment looks pretty....cozy?  and it would be uncomfortable, for me, to have four people in there + a badass kid + a baby.  I'm sure they love their son, but goodness.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I honestly think that Deavan has never cooked before.....it's like she studied some easy recipes online and then tried to pull it all together to impress.  I'll bet she even messed up the pillsbury dough slice and bake rolls or whatever that was.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, doyouevengohere said:

I honestly think that Deavan has never cooked before.....it's like she studied some easy recipes online and then tried to pull it all together to impress.  I'll bet she even messed up the pillsbury dough slice and bake rolls or whatever that was.

That could be it because she was soo committed to the menu.  Like it had to be scrambled eggs with cheese and salt, bacon and premade biscuits.  

Girl*, she didn't even have to slice the rolls!  They come pre-sliced!  I think the commercials literally show an 8 year old putting them on the cookie sheet!

* - or guy

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Also just wanted to say that when she is not smiling, I do think she is a very pretty lady.

When she is smiling (with her mouth closed) she still is a pretty lady.

When she is smiling with her mouth open, she looks like a pretty lady with lousy teef!

Still a pretty lady.

Maybe a bit whacked out. Still a pretty lady. 🙂

Edited by mayvenne
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 7/2/2019 at 10:56 PM, magemaud said:

No filters! 

37B4A76C-A1D5-45D6-9DDD-45309D0E0859.jpeg

Deavan has the potential to be drop dead gorgeous. However, (this is my opinion only!) the arm sleeve tattoo takes away from that "cute girl next door" look that limits her from meeting a quality guy in the US, she has mentioned that she has not had luck dating here. She could also use a lot less makeup and hair dye. 

Im curious about Korean culture, like if bedsharing with kids is the norm, how many years is it done ? I did both with my kids - bedsharing off and on and sleeping separately - and I think 99% of parents bedshare because its the ONLY way they will get any sleep and sleep training a reluctant child to sleep alone can mean at least several sleepless nights full of screaming in tears.

• Love 3
(edited)

She could also get rid of that droopy lazy look too.  she's very pretty, but her constant "life is soooooo hard" look ruins it.

Also, I don't think anything is wrong with co-sleeping; especially if it's the only way to get sleep.  BUT , having your kid co sleep right next to your new b/f that she just met is sorta wrong.  Devean should have slept with Dracula in another room and then come and got in the bed with Jujitzu after Dracula fell asleep.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, Lily247 said:

Im curious about Korean culture, like if bedsharing with kids is the norm, how many years is it done ? I did both with my kids - bedsharing off and on and sleeping separately - and I think 99% of parents bedshare because its the ONLY way they will get any sleep and sleep training a reluctant child to sleep alone can mean at least several sleepless nights full of screaming in tears.

In Korean culture its the norm to bedshare and I think it happens until 10/12 but also some families will sleep in the same room so grandmother, grandfather, mom, dad and kids will sleep in the bedroom as there is only one room to sleep in. 

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

In Korean culture its the norm to bedshare and I think it happens until 10/12 but also some families will sleep in the same room so grandmother, grandfather, mom, dad and kids will sleep in the bedroom as there is only one room to sleep in. 

Oh wow. I understand different parts of the world have different concepts of space than we are (fortunate to) have in the US, but sharing a bedroom with your husband, kids, AND parents or in laws doesn't sound like its easy to get some alone time to make more kids.

And TBH, I am very surprised that Jihoon went for Deaven. I would have thought that girls with sleeves of tattoos/ alternative culture are frowned upon in Korea, and Jihoon seems like a decent guy (he looks clean cut). 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 2

I don’t think Jihoon was in it for any reason other than sex when he hooked up with Deavan. He doesn’t seem very worldly and  not sure he was in demand among the young ladies in Korea, what with that in demand career fixing/selling used cell phones. She said he had her take like 6 pregnancy tests and she didn’t expect to even hear from him again when he went back to Korea. Didn’t he say that his initial thought about the pregnancy was that he was fucked.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
11 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Surely Jihoon can be in his child’s life and pay support. No need for marriage.

Kinda tough from Korea. And he’s not exactly making a mint on those used cellphones!

Deavan  will most likely move on to her next baby daddy hoping that 3rd time is the charm. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, iwasish said:

Deavan  will most likely move on to her next baby daddy hoping that 3rd time is the charm. 

And if it's a boy she can name it after its father, Rick Joe Bob Don Dave. 

I couldn’t resist. The Golden Girls raised me.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

And if it's a boy she can name it after its father, Rick Joe Bob Don Dave. 

I couldn’t resist. The Golden Girls raised me.

11 minutes ago, happy hobo said:

Her own rainbow coalition?

I thought it might be from the episode where blanches daughter is considered getting impregnated by a sperm donor.

25 minutes ago, RealReality said:

I thought it might be from the episode where blanches daughter is considered getting impregnated by a sperm donor.

Or was it the episode where Blanche thought she was pregnant? Lol that was one of my favorites. She was in menopause.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

Or was it the episode where Blanche thought she was pregnant? Lol that was one of my favorites. She was in menopause.

That was it. One of my favorite Sophia zingers lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, charmed1 said:

That was it. One of my favorite Sophia zingers lol.

One of the best shows of all time and so...dirty considering the time it aired. Blanche was a classy tramp, if such a thing exists, lol. Devan could take some pointers from her, for sure!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RealReality said:

No it was from when Blanche thought she was pregnant.  Blanche's daughter Becky went to the sperm donor to have Aurora.  When Blanche thought she was pregnant Rose wanted the baby to go to the University of Minnesota.   Dorothy wanted Harvard.  Then they all went into the garage to discuss the minks.  I know all this from memory  - GG is one the best shows of all time.  Blanche got her groove back with the sexy vet.  She invited him to the lanai to look at a sick lizard.

PS - from another episode:  "Don't tell Rose Danny Thomas is a lesbian.  It will break her heart."

Back to topic!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

No it was from when Blanche thought she was pregnant.  Blanche's daughter Becky went to the sperm donor to have Aurora.  When Blanche thought she was pregnant Rose wanted the baby to go to the University of Minnesota.   Dorothy wanted Harvard.  Then they all went into the garage to discuss the minks.  I know all this from memory  - GG is one the best shows of all time.  Blanche got her groove back with the sexy vet.  She invited him to the lanai to look at a sick lizard.

PS - from another episode:  "Don't tell Rose Danny Thomas is a lesbian.  It will break her heart."

Back to topic!

I remember now.  That might have been one of the first episodes.  Im pretty sure it's season one.  They were raising minks, who turned out to be gay, IIRC.  And yes, Blanche conveniently ended up with the handsome vet, who made house calls?

I have every GG season on DVD.  I can truly say that even until the end I never felt there was a bad episode.  Golden Palace?  That was another kettle of fish entirely, but GG was always strong.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 7/15/2019 at 7:48 AM, Hannah94 said:

One of the best shows of all time and so...dirty considering the time it aired. Blanche was a classy tramp, if such a thing exists, lol. Devan could take some pointers from her, for sure!

I went to New Orleans for the Essence Festival last week.  Went to a party at some club and the D.J. played the theme from the Golden Girls and when I tell you the place went WILD! Everyone in the place knew the words and sang along on the dance floor. It was really something to see. 

On topic??  Deavan is in the running to take the Eeyore title from Jenny.  Does this broad ever smile?

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

I went to New Orleans for the Essence Festival last week.  Went to a party at some club and the D.J. played the theme from the Golden Girls and when I tell you the place went WILD! Everyone in the place knew the words and sang along on the dance floor. It was really something to see. 

On topic??  Deavan is in the running to take the Eeyore title from Jenny.  Does this broad ever smile?

I bet she does when she gets that diamond. 

Took her two illegitimate kids but she got it!!!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
On 7/9/2019 at 5:34 PM, mayvenne said:

Late to joining you all but omg what a flight that would be......and ohmg if baby2 comes out blue eyed blonde what a HOOT!?!?!!?? 

I've seen a lot of mixed Asian/White children, and often they do not look Asian. So, if Hinoon isn't the father of Deviant's kid and the real father is White, she could get away with it.

• Useful 1
14 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

She smiled once and I immediately wanted her to put those teeth away!

Essence festival eh?  You fancy!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I’m sure I missed it, but did Deavan ever mention if she’s employed? I know Jihoon repairs cell phones - a job he seemed to know is not sufficient enough to support a family. But Deavan was already a single parent prior to meeting Jihoon. Surely, she works, right? Right?!

4 hours ago, charmed1 said:

I’m sure I missed it, but did Deavan ever mention if she’s employed? I know Jihoon repairs cell phones - a job he seemed to know is not sufficient enough to support a family. But Deavan was already a single parent prior to meeting Jihoon. Surely, she works, right? Right?!

I wondered about that, too, so I looked online. Believe it or not, she claims to be a MODEL! Yes, another one! But I suspect her real job might be the same job that some think single mom Rachel had, working the system for benefits! (At least Lucy was adorable!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

You guys, I have been thinking about this couple (DON'T JUDGE ME) and I kinda want them to make it.  They truly do dig each other, he is not on a mission to get to the US and she wants to go there.  Sure, she has made some HIGHLY questionable decisions in terms of birth control and parenting and her mom is nuttier than a three dollar bill, but Jihoon seems harmless and kinda hapless.  It doesn't mean I like her but I do like him and his parents, so I say why not?  

• Love 3
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

You guys, I have been thinking about this couple (DON'T JUDGE ME) and I kinda want them to make it.  They truly do dig each other, he is not on a mission to get to the US and she wants to go there.  Sure, she has made some HIGHLY questionable decisions in terms of birth control and parenting and her mom is nuttier than a three dollar bill, but Jihoon seems harmless and kinda hapless.  It doesn't mean I like her but I do like him and his parents, so I say why not?  

I like him, I think he needs Chapstick, but he is sweet and had a good attitude.

I don't think he loves her and i suspect he may not have a lot of experience with women and has mistaken lust for love.  And he wants to do the right thing.

She is just such an unbelievably wet blanket of a human being.  She is like a misery succubus who will suck every bit of joy and happiness and corny humor out of his life.  

She has zero work ethic and has managed to be an absent parent even though I have yet to hear her having any type of job.  This likely means that her laissez faire parenting will continue and she will proclaim that she needs to be a stay at home mom in s. Korea. Doing the same absent parenting that she does in the United States.  

Druscilla is going to run his parents ragged.  Jihoons mom will probably have to end of watching and raising devans badass kid because Devan will constantly and miserably whine that she has to care for the baby.  But if course Devan won't hear any talk of discipline for her little angel.

I'm not sure how s. Korean schools deal with poorly behaved children but I suspect it's nothing Devan will approve of.

Edited by RealReality
  • Love 5