Type keyword(s) to search

Deavan & Jihoon: 21st Century Super Sperm

• Start Topic

Viewers must have bad memories, and the producers know this.

They showed Deavan, and both kids, filming from a high-rise apartment building during the early outbreak of COVID-19 in South Korea in one of the early episodes of this season.

Once I saw that this apartment was not a high-rise, I knew it wasn't their apartment from months later in early 2020.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Just remember that Devan did post a photo on IG at some point last year with Dracula at school in Korea with a mask.  Plus they have a camera crew, handlers (or PAs) plus the producer there in tow.  Someone caught the kid.

So the kid is a-ok. Just TLC taking a situation and making it more than it should be and Jihoon getting screen time to ball. Elicia acting like more of a Karen.

• Love 8
On 7/16/2020 at 8:19 PM, Christina said:

I saved this Imgur link but don't remember doing so and figure it was to post her. It's Drascilla's dad. He started a GoFundMe when Deavan got pregnant and was in a band.

Talk about mood swings! That was funny. Sadly, though, I now understand Drucilla a little better. With these two, she really had no chance.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

So Deavan and her mother were ignoring Druscilla, expecting Jihoon to carry her back to the apartment, and then are angry at him when she runs away?      The kid is feral and seems to either be ignored, or smothered by mom and grandmother.     I find it bizarre that the entire family was in the playground from afternoon to late evening, when the running away happened.     I suspect the kid is fine, and the crying and yelling was the aftermath.     What was stopping grandmother Deavan from watching her granddaughter on the way back to the apartment?    

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Teri313 said:

Talk about mood swings! That was funny. Sadly, though, I now understand Drucilla a little better. With these two, she really had no chance.

Yeah.....guy?  LOTS of people are a full time parent and work a full time job.  I am sure a few hours with a crying/fussy baby and he was like "Gotta get to band practice!"

26 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The kid is feral and seems to either be ignored, or smothered by mom and grandmother. 

I am confident, like other posters have said, that the whole crying jag by Jihoon is because he tells her the apartment is only good for a month.  And Mother Deavan, stop with the finger pointing.  Your child has not made the wisest of life decisions either!

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I read that on TOW, only the U.S. participant is paid, and it's up to that person to give money to the partner.  

I don't know if that's the truth or not.  

There’s been speculation that if they are filming outside of the US, then both could be paid. No idea whether that is true.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I read that on TOW, only the U.S. participant is paid, and it's up to that person to give money to the partner.  

I don't know if that's the truth or not.  

I read that as well as it pertains to paying foreigners?  The US is not allowed to do that?

The kid is feral and seems to either be ignored

I thought Drascilla was very high spirited last season but I actually thought she seemed better behaved this season (except for last night, covering herself in dirt on the playground - and no one said a word). 

• Love 1

I give Dracilla a pass as 1) she is a kid, a very young one at that 2) She has Devean as a mom 3) she has Mother Deavan as a gramma and 4) three year olds are VERY spirited and energetic.  They can get loud and obstinate and want their way and I am sure filming around them/with them is difficult 5) her bio dad seems to be, how can I say this.... a loser and 6) her stepfather seems to be a man-baby, which is unfortunate as I kinda liked him!

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I read that as well as it pertains to paying foreigners?  The US is not allowed to do that?

My guess is it involves taxes, and since TLC / Sharp is U.S. based, the U.S. participant pays the taxes also.   If they paid the other participants in their country, then the tax situation would be really strange.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I give Dracilla a pass as 1) she is a kid, a very young one at that 2) She has Devean as a mom 3) she has Mother Deavan as a gramma and 4) three year olds are VERY spirited and energetic.  They can get loud and obstinate and want their way and I am sure filming around them/with them is difficult 5) her bio dad seems to be, how can I say this.... a loser and 6) her stepfather seems to be a man-baby, which is unfortunate as I kinda liked him!

The step-grandfather appears to be the only sane Clegg family member and they left him back in Utah.

• Love 8
On 8/11/2020 at 5:51 PM, Quof said:

She's closer to 5 than 3.

I'm not a parent but should a child still be in diapers at 4 or 5? Is that not an early indication of some sort of  medical or behavioural issue? No shade genuinely asking.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, outtahere said:

There seemed to be several cats in their neighborhood.  Wonder how clean that dirt was for Dracilla.

In the live chat, I wondered how many cats and dogs peed in that sand. Especially in a city, with not a ton of green space, a sandbox would be quite tempting to animals that need to relieve themselves. One would hope that a parent.....oh, never mind.

• LOL 8
5 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I'm not a parent but should a child still be in diapers at 4 or 5? Is that not an early indication of some sort of  medical or behavioural issue?

Or a dign that a parent does not want to toilet train?  Dracilla is being "child led" so she gets to make the decisions?  Hmm.......

5 hours ago, Quof said:

She's closer to 5 than 3.

I did not know.  Either way, that age has A LOT of energy!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Or a dign that a parent does not want to toilet train?  Dracilla is being "child led" so she gets to make the decisions?  Hmm.......

I did not know.  Either way, that age has A LOT of energy!

@Mrs. Hanson I call bingo....I think you are right about Dracilla being 'child led'. Mother Deavan is an anti vaxx conspiracy theory nut job and I suspect the same of Deavan. Maybe she is an Indigo Child

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Love 3

My son was in diapers until he was 5.  I did everything under the sun, took him to doctor after doctor.  One day he decided he wanted a hamster.   I told him to use the toilet from now on and I'll get it.  He's been fine ever since.

He's a straight A student starting High School today.   

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

@Mrs. Hanson I call bingo....I think you are right about Dracilla being 'child led'. Mother Deavan is an anti vaxx conspiracy theory nut job and I suspect the same of Deavan. Maybe she is an Indigo Child

I dealt with a family who swore, before enrolling their son in kindergarten, that he would be toilet trained by the first day of school.  Guess what? He wasn't.  The mom later (much later) said he was "child led."  Jenny McCarthy (who I loathe, btw) claims her son is an Indigo child, yes?

20 minutes ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

My son was in diapers until he was 5.  I did everything under the sun, took him to doctor after doctor.  One day he decided he wanted a hamster.   I told him to use the toilet from now on and I'll get it.  He's been fine ever since.

He's a straight A student starting High School today.   

I was not judging, not at all.  I have two sons and both were older than the norm when it came to this.  Just an observation and specualtion from what is known about Family Deavan.  I think that boys (most boys) just don't care about toilet training.  Again, just my two cents.

@Auntie Anxiety - my hubby said the same thing about covering herself in sand.  "How many dogs and cats have peed in that?"  I was like, "EWWWW!"

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I dealt with a family who swore, before enrolling their son in kindergarten, that he would be toilet trained by the first day of school.  Guess what? He wasn't.  The mom later (much later) said he was "child led."  Jenny McCarthy (who I loathe, btw) claims her son is an Indigo child, yes?

I was not judging, not at all.  I have two sons and both were older than the norm when it came to this.  Just an observation and specualtion from what is known about Family Deavan.  I think that boys (most boys) just don't care about toilet training.  Again, just my two cents.

@Auntie Anxiety - my hubby said the same thing about covering herself in sand.  "How many dogs and cats have peed in that?"  I was like, "EWWWW!"

@MrsHanson I didn't think you were judging me.  🙂

I just like to show another side of the coin so to speak.  That and I know there are other people out there in similar situations and want them to know they aren't alone!!! 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I thought Drascilla was very high spirited last season but I actually thought she seemed better behaved this season (except for last night, covering herself in dirt on the playground - and no one said a word). 

Well to be fair, they are in South Korea, home of the cleanest anal, so I'm sure their playground sand is anal clean...

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

@MrsHanson I didn't think you were judging me.  🙂

I just like to show another side of the coin so to speak.  That and I know there are other people out there in similar situations and want them to know they aren't alone!!! 

Good, I am glad you did not feel a judgy vibe from me!!!  Internet judges are ALL around, and I assure, I am not one!!

Per the toilet training:  I tell people I been to a few job interviews, and no one has ever asked how old I was when I was toilet trained!

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Good, I am glad you did not feel a judgy vibe from me!!!  Internet judges are ALL around, and I assure, I am not one!!

Per the toilet training:  I tell people I been to a few job interviews, and no one has ever asked how old I was when I was toilet trained!

🙂

I usually always agree with your posts and never pegged you at judgey. 

34 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Aw shucks.......🙂

IIRC, you're a special ed teacher so you have my upmost respect!!

And Deavan parenting, in my opinion, isn't stellar, but I always try not to judge.  Sad thing is my 14 year old is smarter than most on this show.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Azanscrazyhair said:

🙂

I usually always agree with your posts and never pegged you at judgey. 

4 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Aw shucks.......🙂

Hey, you two, get a room! Just make sure there is a bed for Janice and a fold out couch for Debbie. 😉

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Or probably even if you are.

HA HA!  I am out of the baby rearing days (kids are in college, lol) but back in the day I would get a little eye twitchy when moms would start in:  Brinlee was potty trained at 11 months!  Graydon was trained at 13 months AND he walked at 10 months.  Yeah......I. Don't. Care.

• LOL 1

The only time the American is the only one paid is on the flagship show 90 Day Fiance because the immigrant cannot earn wages until they get their work permit. Both parties are paid separately on Happily Ever After and The Other Way because the people can work in their own countries. For the main show, the American is paid $1000 per episode and for the spin-offs, each party is paid $500 per episode. It's been clarified several times in the past by both production and cast members. There was an issue when Cameo told Usman they could not send his pay to a Nigerian bank because of some tax law, and Usman confirmed it was true, but it turned out it was a banking regulation having to do with the country of Nigeria and receiving large sums from another country from earnings. I've never knew why it didn't apply to his pay from Sharp, but that may have to do with the ability to pay him from an account in Nigeria that doesn't exist for Cameo.

Deavan was probably expecting Jihoon to pay to get them into a home with his portion of the money from the show, and he didn't. 

Elicia posted this behind the scenes clip and it brought back memories for me. Every morning my sister and I walked out of the house with our hair looking like the other girls and within an hour I looked like Drascilla. I didn't even have to be playing in a sandbox. Sitting at my desk in school is all it took. I have great hair.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

According to Frauded by TLC, and mentioned on their podcast, which I didn't listen to myself, a production source told her the entire apartment drama was created by production. The apartment they showed in the last episode is the one Deavan rented from the US but for some reason the show decided to rent the one they went to first, for drama. Deavan said something on the show about it being a screw up and it looked like she was talking to Jihoon, but it was about something with the production staff.

• Love 4

Jihoon should be looking for a job full time.   If Jihoon was looking for a job for eight hours a day it would interfere with his nap schedule, meeting his friends, whining about how hard his life is, and whatever else he does the rest of the day.     I suspect his 90 Day appearance money is the highest salary he's ever had, or ever will.  

If he had any ambition, he would apply at some of the car manufacturers in Korea, (Kia and Hyundai), and get a good paying job with benefits. 

• Love 6

I think the preview drama could be about Druscilla running away.  Not that anything actually happened to her, but Deavan and her mom like to viciously blame everything on Jihoon and Jihoon likes to cry when he is accused of things.

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Johann said:

I think the preview drama could be about Druscilla running away.  Not that anything actually happened to her, but Deavan and her mom like to viciously blame everything on Jihoon and Jihoon likes to cry when he is accused of things.

Yes it’s not what happened it’s what could have happened!!!

• Love 3
On 8/11/2020 at 2:39 PM, MrBuhBye said:

The step-grandfather appears to be the only sane Clegg family member and they left him back in Utah.

Isn’t he her grandfather sans the step part or is he actually Deavans stepdad?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, endure said:

Isn’t he her grandfather sans the step part or is he actually Deavans stepdad?

4 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I may have confused her with Avery Ohio but I thought he was the second husband.

I thought Deavan said he was her stepdad and at some point I thought she said he adopted her. I looked the last time it came up and couldn't find it again. She does use the last name Clegg, though. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yes it’s not what happened it’s what could have happened!!!

It's very rare for the preview to accurately show what's coming up. Almost always it is misleading.

• Love 4

so... @Persnickety1... IIRC, and maybe Mini Snickety can confirm since you said she follows them on social.  I believe Deavan had a miscarriage at some point.  I feel like I remember her mentioning it.  And with as long ago as this was filmed, it kind of follows a weird timeline that makes sense to me.  She had posted Taeyung's birthday party in SK with Jihoon's family, definitely appeared that she and her children were living there, that was probably, what, 5 months ago or so?  

But I definitely remember someone mentioning a miscarriage.  Almost definitely remember it being Deavan.  I think this makes sense to the "holding her baby carrier area" (TM my friend's 5 yr old son, he knows babies don't grow in stomachs because then you'd have no room for food to go. So it's the baby carrier area. And it's caught on in our group of friends.)....

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

so... @Persnickety1... IIRC, and maybe Mini Snickety can confirm since you said she follows them on social.  I believe Deavan had a miscarriage at some point.  I feel like I remember her mentioning it.  And with as long ago as this was filmed, it kind of follows a weird timeline that makes sense to me.  She had posted Taeyung's birthday party in SK with Jihoon's family, definitely appeared that she and her children were living there, that was probably, what, 5 months ago or so?  

But I definitely remember someone mentioning a miscarriage.  Almost definitely remember it being Deavan.  I think this makes sense to the "holding her baby carrier area" (TM my friend's 5 yr old son, he knows babies don't grow in stomachs because then you'd have no room for food to go. So it's the baby carrier area. And it's caught on in our group of friends.)....

Oh, I remember hearing about the miscarriage as well.  I thought it was very early on in the pregnancy, but I realize some women show much more quickly than others.  

And since these shows are filmed and edited on wonky time lines, it makes sense that this could have been the same pregnancy.  I always forget exactly when these episodes were filmed almost requires Sherlock Holmes skills.  

Thanks for the info, @ALittleShelfish, appreciate it!  ❤️ 

• Love 2