Type keyword(s) to search

Deavan & Jihoon: 21st Century Super Sperm

• Start Topic

29 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I think Deavan went into this thinking "Great - I will hitch my wagon to Jihoon.  I will get out of Utah, go live in South Korea and he will support us."  Well, reality just hit with a bang and is unemployed/underemployed, broke, in debt, can't/won't secure a home and she realizes living in SK with no Korean under her belt is HARD.  Like really hard.  She is no prize, either.  She has two kids with two different dads, is 24 and lives at home.

I really wanted to like this couple!!!!

Sad, really. They had the best wedding episode.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Gobi said:

They really did!  Super traditional, they both looked great and happy.  But gee when you get pregnant with a guy you JUST MET after chatting online for however long......who woulda thunk?

• Love 9
21 hours ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Deaven should just get her tubes tied as a gesture of good will to all of mankind.

Deavan needs to get her tubes tied versus getting her boobs wide. 

I need to show myself out, STAT. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6
On 7/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

On 7/25/2020 at 8:54 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Deavan auditions to replace Kylie on KUWTK?

On 7/23/2020 at 11:44 PM, Christina said:

Someone on Reddit did a comparison photo with a funny caption, but I didn't keep the caption and don't see it now. I'm not clever enough to think one up. It's a post from her Instagram and a screenshot from the show that are supposed to be the same person, but everyone is calling foul:

7hm5mj64qgc51.jpg

• LOL 1
On 7/16/2020 at 6:00 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:
On 7/16/2020 at 5:19 PM, Christina said:

She did not figure out there are not a lot of homes with yards in South Korea? 

There actually are. Just not in Seoul. There is a lot more to South Korea.

• Love 2
On 7/26/2020 at 3:18 PM, Gobi said:

Agreed.

The only time I sort of warmed up to Deavan was during the wedding episode when she was worried about Jihoon carrying her and it looked like maybe she was actually having fun for once.  I thought I might have misjudged her and she wasn't quite so morose as she had previously appeared.   

I was wrong.  

Her trying to get her dream relationship with Jihoon is as futile as trying to force your right foot into your left shoe.  Yeah, you might get your foot jammed in there but walking on it is an entirely different story.  

• Love 14
On 7/26/2020 at 5:18 PM, Gobi said:

I've never paid much attention to the 90 DF world, but this iteration where people are jetting off to submerge themselves in unfamiliar cultures is fantastic.  😍  "I got knocked up when I was in ___________ and now I'm moving there to be with my new hubby.  Oh, and my mom's coming along to check it out."

My newbie question is:  where do you see the wedding episodes?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this question in the wrong place--you seem like a friendly bunch.  : )

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, candall said:

I've never paid much attention to the 90 DF world, but this iteration where people are jetting off to submerge themselves in unfamiliar cultures is fantastic.  😍  "I got knocked up when I was in ___________ and now I'm moving there to be with my new hubby.  Oh, and my mom's coming along to check it out."

My newbie question is:  where do you see the wedding episodes?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if this question in the wrong place--you seem like a friendly bunch.  : )

It wasn’t a separate episode.  It would have been on the prior season.  I think they are all available on demand.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

It wasn’t a separate episode.  It would have been on the prior season.  I think they are all available on demand.

Ah!  So some of these couples carried over from a complete prior season?  Got it, thanks!

I'm happy to go claim a bunch of episodes from On Demand (as long as the commercials are bearable.)  My dvr is looking pretty empty--I think I only have two Law & Order SVUs, five Man With A Plans and infinity Choppeds.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, candall said:

Ah!  So some of these couples carried over from a complete prior season?  Got it, thanks!

I'm happy to go claim a bunch of episodes from On Demand (as long as the commercials are bearable.)  My dvr is looking pretty empty--I think I only have two Law & Order SVUs, five Man With A Plans and infinity Choppeds.

Yes Jenny/Sumit and Jihoon/Deavan have been on before.

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, candall said:

And the good news is this is only the second season of The Other Way so you only have to catch up on one season. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, candall said:

The wedding episode is usually the last or next to last episode in the season.

• Love 3
On 7/25/2020 at 11:59 PM, Christina said:

Deavan's mom isn't happy about this story saying she told them something. 

I'm guessing it is true and she's afraid she's gonna be in trouble with TLC for spilling the beans.

• Love 4
On 7/30/2020 at 7:57 AM, Gobi said:

The wedding episode is usually the last or next to last episode in the season.

you tube version

Spoiler

• Love 3
(edited)

Good luck for Deavan to get child support from Jihoon.  He's the example for underemployed, lazy, and a fool.   Everything is in his Mom's bank account, and he barely makes any money.   Deavan bragged she was making huge tons of money from her job, so my guess is there will be no child support in her favor.    My understanding is the U.S. person gets the payments, and has to dole out what they see fit to the overseas partner, so my guess is Jihoon is SOL for money from her.  

With TLC and the producer's lying history, who knows what's actually true.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

After 30 seconds of Jihoon’s mom making excuses for him, there’s no longer any mystery about why he’s such a man-child.

I couldn't believe that she was so adamant that Deaven should leave it in the past, as if this stuff was not still going on. How is it in the past? Has he gotten a job and started supporting them? No. Deaven just found out he had no money of his own, as it seems she doesn't understand (or doesn't believe) the money he gave his mom was supposedly for them and the kids. I don't blame her as it seems she still hadn't seen one red penny from him, despite the fact she's looking for another apartment.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, renatae said:

I couldn't believe that she was so adamant that Deaven should leave it in the past, as if this stuff was not still going on. How is it in the past? Has he gotten a job and started supporting them? No. Deaven just found out he had no money of his own, as it seems she doesn't understand (or doesn't believe) the money he gave his mom was supposedly for them and the kids. I don't blame her as it seems she still hadn't seen one red penny from him, despite the fact she's looking for another apartment.

Mama Jihoon seems to have a skewed definition of "the past." I can totally see her being all, "Who cares if he cheated on you?! That was 10 minutes ago" as Jihoon is still pulling up his pants.

• LOL 14
  • Love 5

Where were Deavan et al. when Jihoon arrived in the morning?  I thought they left the apartment to stay in a hotel for a night.  Now they are in a spacious home with an upstairs? 

• Useful 1
Just now, Quof said:

Where were Deavan et al. when Jihoon arrived in the morning?  I thought they left the apartment to stay in a hotel for a night.  Now they are in a spacious home with an upstairs? 

At the end of the episode they said that Jihoon had rented them a new place.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Quof said:

I think that is the mom's hotel. I've stayed in some overseas that have two floors. They are more like condos than hotels.

At the end of the episode they said that Jihoon had rented them a new place.

He did but we haven't seen it yet. That's the cliffhanger - how nice is the new place? Will it meet Deaven's standards (and more importantly, her mother's)?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

She looks like a different person. Her face must have cost a lot of money.

Maybe she does have money - she may also live with her parents and have minimal expenses. She also chose to marry a man she barely knew. If he had already shown signs of not stepping up and having no money to raise his kid, was something supposed to fall from the sky and land on him to get him to do so?

• Love 9
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

She looks like a different person. Her face must have cost a lot of money.

Maybe she does have money - she may also live with her parents and have minimal expenses. She also chose to marry a man she barely knew. If he had already shown signs of not stepping up and having no money to raise his kid, was something supposed to fall from the sky and land on him to get him to do so?

What I don't understand is how this all happened in the first place.

When she first went to Korea to live with jihoon in his parents house she had a serious conversation with jihoon while they are driving somewhere in the car together (it was shown on an episode) She tells him that from now on she will be taking charge of their finances and he will give her his paycheck or any earnings...Period!...  And jihoon agrees.

So how is it that she didn't know if he was lying or not?

I've missed a few episodes so maybe I didn't see if they agreed after a while that jihoon could start handling his own money again?

That picture is so filtered and posed it's ridiculous 🙄

• Love 8

Storyline doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Because in the first episode they showed Devan with a mask and her video taping the empty streets of Korea. Plus at some point earlier this year when they were doing previews for the other way, they had a scene with Devan doing some modeling in S. Korea and Jihoon looking pretty pissed as she's posing (FULLY CLOTHED) with some other dude. 

So how did we get from "prove me you love me and show me the money" to being together and Devan working to "I'm back in the States and he's a liar and I paid for everything".

These ppl are tiring.

• Love 7

People are trolling Deavan, as usual, and she is paying attention to them:

11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

What I don't understand is how this all happened in the first place.

When she first went to Korea to live with jihoon in his parents house she had a serious conversation with jihoon while they are driving somewhere in the car together (it was shown on an episode) She tells him that from now on she will be taking charge of their finances and he will give her his paycheck or any earnings...Period!...  And jihoon agrees.

So how is it that she didn't know if he was lying or not?

I've missed a few episodes so maybe I didn't see if they agreed after a while that jihoon could start handling his own money again?

That picture is so filtered and posed it's ridiculous 🙄

Their story is not being shown in a literal timeline. Some of what is being shown this season happened before some of the things aired on last season. They were still filming when the show began airing last season. So, this season we are watching bits and pieces out-of-order and it's frustrating and stupid.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 7/26/2020 at 6:33 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

That’s what got her into this mess in the first place.

Deaven should just get her tubes tied as a gesture of good will to all of mankind.

I read someplace she wants two more kids.  Lord help us.  And Utah.  And maybe South Korea.

• Love 1
On 8/6/2020 at 3:29 AM, Christina said:

People are trolling Deavan, as usual, and she is paying attention to them:

Clearly, after reading how attentive and special she thought her PA was to her during a panic attack, Deaven is the type of woman who desperately wants to be "taken care of" physically, emotionally and financially.

She needs to be on some kind of consistent [permanent] birth control. Little kids shouldn't be expected to take responsibility for their single mother. She made a stupid mistake getting involved with man-baby Jihoon, and with Dracilla's jailbird father as well.

Will she become another Darcey, forever searching for "love," for a man to complete her and take care of her, yet looking in all the wrong places, rushing into bed, piling on baggage and fatherless children, sabotaging herself year after year until her beauty is only a memory? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, Rt66vintage said:

Sabotaging herself year after year until her beauty is only a memory? 

I agreed with your entire post but really wanted to highlight this point in particular...

I think it will be a sad, pathetic sight when Deaven ages and she doesn't have her youth and beauty to rely on, she's already freaking out on a regular basis over nothing.. Just wait until her looks fade, no easy money from modeling and she has couple teenagers to deal with.... I always found toddlers fairly easy to care for but teens can be a real challenge... Wait until she's got a 16 yr old Dracilla to deal with and a mini Jihoon like his father.  🙄

I noticed that she's on IG today whining about people saying she's ugly.

She needs to take a break from SM 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agreed with your entire post but really wanted to highlight this point in particular...

I think it will be a sad, pathetic sight when Deaven ages and she doesn't have her youth and beauty to rely on, she's already freaking out on a regular basis over nothing.. Just wait until her looks fade, no easy money from modeling and she has couple teenagers to deal with.... I always found toddlers fairly easy to care for but teens can be a real challenge... Wait until she's got a 16 yr old Dracilla to deal with and a mini Jihoon like his father.  🙄

and they weren't even saying she's ugly, they were just saying that she should lay off on the photoshop filtering because she posts pictures that don't look anything like her real life self.

Deaven is a very pretty young woman who doesn't need any filters, like you said, what the hell will she do when she's actually OLD if she's this insecure about her YOUNG self?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree about toddlers being easy.  A three year old and a baby?  Not hard especially since the baby is immobile.

Is she a model?  On IG maybe but not a portfolio model, not with those tattoos.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I agree about toddlers being easy.  A three year old and a baby?  Not hard especially since the baby is immobile.

If I could do it, anyone can. 

Always said that as kids grow up, dealing with them becomes less physical and more mental.

• Love 4

Jihoon is back on IG

And a woman decided to send horrible comments to Deavan's mom:

I'm not sure anyone here would try and contact that woman, but it looks like someone is posting the hateful messages on that account and it may not actually be the owner of it. Instead, someone is trying to get her in trouble with her job working with children. I don't know how it has been determined that it may be the case, but I have to admit, if you work with children posting something like that would definitely get you in trouble at work. Whoever typed it needs a time out from the internet.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Eme said:

What happened that made Them both sit and cry and made Deavon’s Mom to say she never wanted to talk to him?  Did something happen to Drascilla?

THIS is why I came to this board.  What the heck happened?  Did she jump out in the street and get hit?  OF course, we have to wait until next week. 

• Love 1

The Live Chat Folks made the Eagle Eyed Observation  that  if Anything had happened to Driscilla, it would have been all over Social Media-Good Point!
Likely, Dracilla is Fine.   
More likely, Jahoon is crying over the Rent... guess we’ll have to wait a week for the details......

Edited by Eme
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, Eme said:

The Live Chat Folks made the Eagle Eyed Observation  that  if Anything had happened to Driscilla, it would have been all over Social Media-Good Point!
Likely, Dracilla is Fine.   
More likely, Jahoon is crying over the Rent... guess we’ll have to wait a week for the details......

Maybe he told her that he could only afford for them to stay there for a month and then they would be back with his parents?

• LOL 1