Type keyword(s) to search

Corey & Evelin: The Bae of Pigs

• Start Topic

31 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

She looks like she had plastic surgery to look like Giselle, and it sorta worked if you squint.

When I watched her talking heads in the first episode all I got was skeleton face....a little like Tracie from love after lockup.  

• Love 6

She is SO working him for the money.  That's why she won't go to the US - it's not because she loves where she lives it's because she's worried that once she's there the power will shift and she won't have the same access to his money.

• Love 12
46 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

She is SO working him for the money.  That's why she won't go to the US - it's not because she loves where she lives it's because she's worried that once she's there the power will shift and she won't have the same access to his money.

But how much more does he have?  He gave her 40k and he can't work.  Sometimes you have to accept that you've harvested all the American dollars

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

I think the plan was to always move to Evelin's home town. Why else would he invest his $40K in a business there and property? I wonder if the investments are in his name or hers? Cos if they're in hers, she has all of the control/power. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, RealReality said:

But how much more does he have?  He gave her 40k and he can't work.  Sometimes you have to accept that you've harvested all the American dollars

6 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I think the plan was to always move to Evelin's home town. Why else would he invest his $40K in a business there and property? I wonder if the investments are in his name or hers? Cos if they're in hers, she has all of the control/power. 

We all know TLC screws with us by showing things in the previews that aren't true.  But there is a good chance she either never really expected him to make the move (that way, she could just keep getting money a la Azan) or (if we believe the previews) she's a complete bitch once he shows up and will send him back after having successfully harvested everything he brought with him.  I'm NOT saying you can't have religious differences but she blatantly refers to his religion as a cult - in front of his parents!  This is not a sign of respect for him.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, DaphneCat said:

We all know TLC screws with us by showing things in the previews that aren't true.  But there is a good chance she either never really expected him to make the move (that way, she could just keep getting money a la Azan) or (if we believe the previews) she's a complete bitch once he shows up and will send him back after having successfully harvested everything he brought with him.  I'm NOT saying you can't have religious differences but she blatantly refers to his religion as a cult - in front of his parents!  This is not a sign of respect for him.

I was dying when....after she essentially calls his religion a cult in front of his entire family...she complains that she is feeling "judged".....girl what?

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

I just don't understand these Mormon boys. Is there not enough Mormon women to go around? If religion is such an important issue with them, why look outside the church? I am sure that their church puts on socials and meet ups, etc.

He could find some woman State side.

• Love 17
(edited)

What does he do for a job since he has all this money to spend on her, invest, and travel AND move to another country?  I'm sure he's saving on rent by living on his family's compound (creepy) but he has to have something coming in that is substantial.

I don't hate her yet.  I mean I don't blame her for not wanting to live here.  She hasn't even lived in a normal area or neighborhood; she's been isolated in the woods in a cabin on family land (super creepy).  And his parents seem like lax mormons if they are allowing her to shack up with him on their property for 6 months.  I also don't blame her for being forthright about she's not interested in becoming a Mormon.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I just don't understand these Mormon boys. Is there not enough Mormon women to go around? If religion is such an important issue with them, why look outside the church? I am sure that their church puts on socials and meet ups, etc.

He could find some woman State side.

Yeah, I don't fault him for wanting to be with someone a little more exotic and with a different world view.  

I do find it odd that he would imagine she would really want to live in the United States after being housed in a remote location in the woods.  I also don't know why she felt like she thought it was gracious to call Mormonism a cult in front of the mormons who were hosting her.

Its not cultural...people have manners in every country.

29 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

What does he do for a job since he has all this money to spend on her, invest, and travel AND move to another country?  I'm sure he's saving on rent by living on his family's compound (creepy) but he has to have something coming in that is substantial.

Yes thank you for asking the important questions, because how do I get in that field?

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
23 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

why does she have to shop for gifts for everyone at a boutique?   What's wrong with harvesting the American Walmart?

And an expensive boutique, too.  She mentioned everything she bought was on sale. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

So he seriously can't see this?   Could the men on this board please enlighten me on how guys can be this dumb?   This is worth a few months of sex and armcandy to put on your IG feeds and then you are poor and trying to extract her out of your life like a Jehovah's Witness?  (see what I did there?)

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, HappyDancex2 said:

So he seriously can't see this?   Could the men on this board please enlighten me on how guys can be this dumb?   This is worth a few months of sex and armcandy to put on your IG feeds and then you are poor and trying to extract her out of your life like a Jehovah's Witness?  (see what I did there?)

She just seems so miserable.  Why does he miss her?  She isn't as good looking as she thinks.

• Love 4

If he really wanted her to move to the states, perhaps during her time here, he could have moved to Seattle or somewhere with PEOPLE. 

I'd be homesick and stir-crazy if I were holed up in the woods for months. 

The stupidity of this man is mind-blowing.  But hey! wanna give me $40k ? or......just $500 as pocket money? 

And, what sort of Mormon FAMILY will let an unmarried son shackup for months .......on their PROPERTY? 

• Love 11

This is basically Nicole and Azan...we are in for some good nonsense.  She’s going to fleece him until he has to crawl back to Merica and make some more money.  Her biggest concern was him getting a job in Ecuador that paid well enough for her entire family to grift off him.  Plus she doesn’t want kids and he does so he really did pick a gem there.

oh and gimme some money thanks 

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

She looks a bit long in the tooth for (26?)

I don’t for a moment believe that Evelin is under 36. She seems to be rude and greedy. I don’t believe that she is in love with him. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
10 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

This is basically Nicole and Azan...we are in for some good nonsense.  She’s going to fleece him until he has to crawl back to Merica and make some more money.  Her biggest concern was him getting a job in Ecuador that paid well enough for her entire family to grift off him.  Plus she doesn’t want kids and he does so he really did pick a gem there.

oh and gimme some money thanks 

This!  How can someone think they are really going to make it if they have completely opposite ideas about having kids?  It's not like you can compromise - either you have them or you don't.  You can't have them 6 months a year and send them back or whatever for the other 6 months.  And they aren't like some hobby where you can tell your spouse that you are perfectly happy if they do that but you aren't going to get involved.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I don’t for a moment believe that Evelin is under 36. She seems to be rude and greedy. I don’t believe that she is in love with him. 

I think her game may be to gaslight him until he breaks up with her and then she can be the offended victim and guilt him into not asking too many questions about his life savings.  

She is part Pao and part azan. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

why does she have to shop for gifts for everyone at a boutique?   What's wrong with harvesting the American Walmart?

The same reason you never see the Busby's shop for their quints at Walmart.  Arrangements with TLC.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Honey said:

The same reason you never see the Busby's shop for their quints at Walmart.  Arrangements with TLC.

But, they didn't have to buy anything. They could have decided to "come back later"... we've seen couples not buy anything at the stores before. 

Edited by watchingtvaddict
I said the same thing two times.
  • Love 1
26 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

But, he didn't have to buy anything. They could have looked at things at the store and spoke about "coming back later". 

But, they didn't have to buy anything. They could have decided to "come back later"... we've seen couples not buy anything at the stores before. 

I think it is to build up the drama - spending hundreds of dollars on dumb shit that you can get at the local Walmart or dollar store for $15-$20. That and Walmart would never allow a camera crew for a trashy dumpster fire reality show such as this gem film in their store. But little mom and pop boutiques probably get a pretty penny from production to allow the filming in their stores. Like when dingbat Clint from Love After Lockup went to that little lingerie boutique and spent like $300 on a bra and a pair of panties for his goddess/convict. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I can't blame Evelin for not liking that weird family compound in the woods. That set up is way worse than Pao having to live in Oklahoma or Fernanda in that small town in North Carolina. 

But he's going to be equally unhappy moving to a tiny crappy fishing village in Ecuador.

I don't know why they can't compromise by moving to a proper town in the USA or moving to Quito or Cuenca in Ecuador.

• Love 3

Ecuadorian Azan isn't hiding her thoughts or motives at all:

I came here.  I hate it here.  I'm not coming back.

I'm not telling you you have to give up everything, I'm saying if you want to make this vagina work for you it will have to be in Ecuador.

Oh by the way about the vagina....no kids por favor.

You have to learn Spanish because last time you were hanging all over me and it was a drag.  You were a drag NicCorey.

I don't like you but I've already harvested 40K and I've had running hot water for 6 months.  By the way, you aren't going to send me back without cash are you?   There's a parking space for the bank machine.

"Now boarding...."  K BYE!

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
11 minutes ago, doyouevengohere said:

There's a rumour that they were already secretly married during filming.  Apparently, he is wearing a ring that looks like a wedding ring in some scenes.

I noticed what looks like a wedding ring on a TH of Corey.

• Love 1

She also has the face of a walking corpse.  

Those dead eyes are so terribly attractive.

Did anyone catch that the car he is selling is a Mercedes? Evelin really found herself a good catch. 

Corey probably hasn’t had a ton of experience with girls/women, so he is an easy mark for Evelin. I think Mormons don’t do much dating. 

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Those dead eyes are so terribly attractive.

Did anyone catch that the car he is selling is a Mercedes? Evelin really found herself a good catch. 

Corey probably hasn’t had a ton of experience with girls/women, so he is an easy mark for Evelin. I think Mormons don’t do much dating. 

I didn't quite understand why he was putting the placard with the price on the windshield of a car sitting in the middle of an empty forest.  

Was the plan to drive around town with that thing sticking to the windshield or does he think the unabomber is in the market for a new car?

I'm sure Mormons are great, but maybe if they were okay with a little hanky panky before marriage these dudes wouldn't lose their damn mind the minute a girl had sex with them. 

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 8
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, RealReality said:
21 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I didn't quite understand why he was putting the placard with the price on the windshield of a car sitting in the middle of an empty forest.  

Was the plan to drive around town with that thing sticking to the windshield or does he think the unabomber is in the market for a new car?

I think he took a picture and is planning to sell it online? Or maybe I’m giving him too much credit.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I think he took a picture and is planning to sell it online? Or maybe I’m giving him too much credit.

Oh, LOL, that makes sense too.  

Well don't I feel outsmarted by a dumb Mormon who got scammed out of his life savings! 🤣

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Lady looks rode hard and put away wet....maybe she is so adamant about not wanting kids because she is secretly too old to have them.

Or had them and dumped them somewhere to work her scam.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Wonder if TLC suggested the word "compound" be used? Wouldn't it make more sense to say he lives on his parents land or his parents property or acreage? Compound seems to be a little bit more loaded word and not always positive although I was wanting to go play football on the Kennedy Compound like Elaine wanted to on Seinfeld.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

I don't know her back story and don't really care because I can't get over the sullen-teen-in-a-slouchy-sweater look she had for dinner with the folks.  Sorry, but something about that just rubs me the wrong way.  Make.  An.  Effort.  Don't be rude to your hosts.  Don't look like you would rather be in your room texting your friends about how much you hate your life.  

• Love 10
(edited)

I think Evelin is pretty chill. She was honest with the parents. She told the family she’s not converting to Mormonism. Nope. Not happening. She told them she’s not having a zillion kids. She told them she’s not living in the woods on the family compound. Cory is whipped. She didn’t beg him to come back to Ecuador. She just said “if you want to be with me you have to move to Ecuador with me.” He looks at her like a little puppy dog. She speaks English pretty well unlike Karine and her translator app. Evelin isn’t scamming Corey. He knows what he’s getting into with her. He’s a grown man. He’s besotted with her. So far he’s more than willing to meet her demands.

Edited by Matty
  • Love 11

Every time I see that clip of him saying “ That only happens in the movies, right?”  I want to slap him, 

He’s a bit goofy, but not unattractive. It just seems like he’s stuck at like 13/14.  I bet he says “boobies” like Jon. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, Matty said:

I think Evelin is pretty chill. She’s honest. She told the family she’s not converting to Mormonism. Nope. Not happening. She told them she’s not having a zillion kids. She told them she’s not living in the woods on the family compound. Cory is whipped. She didn’t beg him to come back to Ecuador. She just said “if you want to be with me you have to move to Ecuador with me.” He looks at her like a puppy dog. She speaks pretty good English unlike Karine and her translator app. Evelin isn’t scamming Corey. He’s a grown man and he’s besotted with her. 

Well I definitely think the scam is over and we're witnessing the alienation of affection stage where the scammer tries to make the mark go away.

I would bet that a) she was a LOT nicer when they first met and before she got the Lions share of his life savings b) after she got the money she was vague on the details of what she invested it in and he has no particulars and c) she started in with the ultimatums and the "no nonsense" truth once his money order cleared.

Looks like she is going to do what she can to push him away.  Which may be for the best, another poster suggested that he could become pig feed real fast and she seems like the type.  He is young and strong, he can make more money to buy his own remote cabin in the woods and marry a girl who will be into that.

I think at a certain age men are into the chase and the allure of a challenging women.  But then, I think everyone gets to a point where you want to take it easy and have a good time. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 12:35 AM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Maybe he will have a female photographer come like in Making a Murderer.

Edited by Spike
Spoiler

So, these guys have visited each other's families repeatedly, they own a bar together, and have been together 5 years. So for her to cavalierly ask for $500 makes sense since they are a household and probably share money. I've also read that her parents own several properties in Ecuador and are well off.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3